Can I manually edit any file to remove Battletech Intros?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Confector Tyrannis

First Lieutenant
14 Badges
Feb 28, 2018
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
Seeing as how every forum search sends me to anywhere but the question I'm asking.... and yet somehow google searches can kick up old posts about this, that I then use the paradox forums search to try and find (funny how typing the exact title of the topic in the old post DOES NOT find it here)

Is there an edit to a .json or dat file or ANYfile that is telling the game to play these intros, and just delete it?

I'm sorry, 2 years is long enough. I would like to simply open my game and start playing.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data\StreamingAssets\data\debug\

Open debug.json in Notepad

Change the line that says '"disableIntroMovie": false,' to '"disableIntroMovie": true,'

You can also disable the movies using a specific mod (SkipIntros)

• 2Like
Reactions:
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data\StreamingAssets\data\debug\

Open debug.json in Notepad

Change the line that says '"disableIntroMovie": false,' to '"disableIntroMovie": true,'

You can also disable the movies using a specific mod (SkipIntros)

Thank you.
Sincerely