• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Androktonos

Corporal
1 Badges
Sep 7, 2018
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
Hi, how are you? I was wondering if it is possible to cede control of an occupied province to a war ally. I could use my vassal Granada to occupy a good part of Spain, since as the Ottoman Empire, I don't want those provinces for me because of the culture and religion (except Andalusia that I use as a platform for America and Africa and its CoT). I'm playing DW 5.2.

If it is possible to do it only through some mod, I would appreciate it if you could tell me which. Thanks in advance.

Hi! Fine, thanks, and you? :)
The only thing i can think of is let the armies of Granada start sieging Spanish provinces and then add your own armies to help. They will be leading the sieges and, therefore, will take control of them, while you will protect them from being destroyed by Spanish armies.

When peacing-out, any provinces requested will go to the current occupier. As a vassal, I think all occupations Granada gets will be in your name except the ones they have cores on.

If your end-game would be them owning the provinces though, you can just take them even if for yourself, and later sell it to them. As long as not both them and the province are in the HRE, or they have a core on it instead, they should accept it for free, and maybe money depending on (I guess) its base tax & manpower, forts & manufacturies, religion, culture, proximity, if them or others have cores on it, and of course their balance.