• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

NeomerArcana

Sergeant
21 Badges
Oct 29, 2017
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
I'm playing as Nat China. After Marco-Polo I had a brief war with Japan, then took peace. I'm busy uniting the other China flavours now whilst building up an airforce.

Because Japan is overseas on mainland China, are they taking supply from their ports? Or from Mengkukuo? Because of the way our short war went, Japan has a small isolated section of territory in my north east, it's not clear to me where they're getting supplies.

In any case, let's say they get supplies from a port, is it possible to determine which port? If it is, and I bomb it down to nothing, will the route change? If I instead bomb infra around the port province, will they cha ge the route to a different port?

Basically, I'm interested in making their supplies suffer here on mainland China in order to expedite the coming renewed war (I plan on DOWing them when I'm finished uniting).

So... I think the process that occurred may have mucked me up.

Japan Marco-Polo'd me at the expected time. I took a little bit of Mengkukuo while Japan took a little Nat China. I wasn't well prepared (never played Nat China before) so I asked for peace. They accepted and so we traded roughly equal number of provinces.

Their provinces captured from me were like a bubble, connected to Mengkukuo by only a two-province wide corridor. This corridor comes into play later.

Knowing now that the Japanese Airforce played a very crucial role, I built some 2xINF 1xAA brigades and put them on the front. Also a bunch of 2xINF 1xART and some more powerful 3xINF 1xART and even some with AT (just in case) and AC for some flavour variety.

While this is happening I added some AA to my remaining existing 2xINF brigades and took them with my existing 2xMNT, and one by one invaded Chinese minors. Communist China, Ghanxi Clique, Sinkiang, Tibet etc etc.

During this time, I built up a lot of Interceptors. I think a total of about 14 INT wings. Plus about 6 TAC wings. I also built like 2 more IC somewhere. With new stolen techs (I've put a lot into stealing techs) I built a new CL and DD flotilla.

Japan for their part meanwhile joined the Axis.

Next, I declared war on Japan as a newly unified China, hungry for the resources of South East Asia. This is the war I'm currently in.

Because I declared war on Japan while it was in axis, I think that put me at war with Germany etc. So now I have to deal with Germany for peace. The button is available, but says "impossible" for its chances. There's no tooltip that explains why...

I know from previous games that the factions have to fight to the bitter end. But I'm not in a faction.

I've never tagged switched before. Seems a bit hacky. Like, if there's a reasonable reason why I can't peace, then I'll live with it, I just don't understand the reasoning.

Kovax's recent AAR made me play Nat China.

There's so many weird things in the game. I'm actually a game developer of sorts (not professional). I'd love to get the source code to just fix the problems that can't be addressed through the data files. I think Paradox used to do that for Mod teams but got burned by that Cold War era mod right? I would likely do nothing except change the A.I (my field of specialty) and look at changing the supply depot mechanic (it seems wrong to me).

• 1Like
Reactions:
Factional wars are to the death, which (unfortunately) is WAD for the game.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Any kind of Factional wars do that, regardless of your participation.

I have no one else to tell, so I'll tell you guys.

Nat China took over Siam and made inroads just to the edge of Korea. Also joined the communists. Of course, USA invaded Japan and enforced conquer. Which released Mengkukuo as a Puppet, and Siam as a free country, Phillipines too.

But Siam was only a few provinces, I was occupying the rest.

But then as I was reorganising, something weird happened. Siam just like reappeared and joined communists?! They were two provinces, then suddenly, they had all their land back off of me? They weren't an occupied country that I could free.

I don't recall, but I may have been aligning them communist (I was influencing a few countries) . Would that cause it?