• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You definitely have to check frequently as @Hobbes__ pumps out content better than HBS ever dreamed of doing.
;)
Without HBS's work I'd never be able to pump out so much content.

I'm just standing at the shoulders of giants. ;)

Reactions:
They deserve a lot of credit, but I wish they had your dedication.

Your final product will be far superior to the original campaign.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi, just completed the mission to acquire the Argo.

When I went to upgrade the Argo's systems, I found that they were all upgraded.

I have 8.8.6 installed.

Argo Upgrades.png

I have 8.8.6 installed.

View attachment 894487
That's a new one! :D

Just changed something for next version, might fix it or not, because right now I have no idea of how this might be happening.

Thanks for the report!

Final beta version 9.0.0 released at Nexusmods!

Includes:

* Two new flashpoints, Flesh For Fantasy and Stranger In A Strange Land.

Two New Flashpoints.png

* The Heavy Metal DLC 'Mech quirks have been added to all the previous models!

20221029001011_1.jpg

BattleMech Special Equipment.PNG

* A ton of bug fixes and and story improvements.

With this version, all major design is done and part two of the story is finished, with thirty flashpoints complete, and seven remaining to finish for part three and the story.

HYR All FPs 26 FINAL.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions:

I have 8.8.6 installed.

View attachment 894487

OK, I think I found it, you must be using the CAB because I forgot to remove a file for testing.

You can fix it by simply deleting the StreamingAssets subfolder on the HYR-CAB-3025 folder.

OK, I think I found it, you must be using the CAB because I forgot to remove a file for testing.

You can fix it by simply deleting the StreamingAssets subfolder on the HYR-CAB-3025 folder.

Hi, I didn't have the HYR-CAB installed, only the community assets 3025 installed. I have now upgraded\installed both CABS and the latest version of Hyaded Rim.

Still have a fully functioning Argo.

The only mods I have installed are Hyades Rim, HYR-CAB, CAB 3025 and Navigation Computer.

I will try replaying the mission to acquire the Argo and let you know what happens now eveything has been updated.

Edit: Replayed final part of mission to acquire the Argo but it is still fully functional.

I will try going back further to before I arrived in the star system, to the end of the last mission.

Last edited:
Version 9.0.6 has been released, and we're getting into the final stretch of this marathon, with parts 1 and 2 of the new campaign complete!

After 27 flashpoints that took the company from one end to another of the Rimward Periphery, and now in possession of the Argo, Kamea is ready to claim back her throne, in the final part of the new story.

As of right now, there are only two items remaining for the new story to be finished:

* Part 3 flashpoints (3 out of 11 complete)

* Full Community Asset Bundle integration (around halfway done)

So, stay tuned, because this journey is about to come to an explosive end ;)

• 4Like
Reactions:
Version 9.4.0 released at Nexusmods.

Been a while since I updated this post, and since then six new flashpoints (Otaku, Dreams of Nagayan Mountains, Rogue Star, Legend Killer, Wilderness and Vortex) have been added. New campaign now has 36 flashpoints finished and six more remaining to be completed.

Attachments

• 42 FPs.png
    42 FPs.png
    3,8 MB · Views: 0
  • FP LIST SET 2023.png
    15,4 MB · Views: 0
  • 2Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Just wanted to say that you did an awesome job so far, keep it up!
Do you think you're going to expand the project to later eras in the future?
Like clan or later ages...

Just wanted to say that you did an awesome job so far, keep it up!
Do you think you're going to expand the project to later eras in the future?
Like clan or later ages...

Hi there.

This project has been going for nearly five years so once it's finished I have no plans to repeat it again in the future. :)

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Hi Hobbes, always looking closely for any new release and really looking forward for the final release to start a complete play-through. Really appreciate all the energy and effort you put into this gem so far and chapeau for everything you already achived! I'm keeping my fingers crossed and are hoping that you'll make it across the finish line soon and that you'll be proud and happy with your result - which i think you definitly can be. Is there any chance we can get our hands on a final version during the end of year or can you give an update on the currents status? :)

Reactions:
Hi Hobbes, always looking closely for any new release and really looking forward for the final release to start a complete play-through. Really appreciate all the energy and effort you put into this gem so far and chapeau for everything you already achived! I'm keeping my fingers crossed and are hoping that you'll make it across the finish line soon and that you'll be proud and happy with your result - which i think you definitly can be. Is there any chance we can get our hands on a final version during the end of year or can you give an update on the currents status? :)
Hey there,

The final six flashpoints got slightly delayed because of three new features:
* Full CAB support (optional), adding more than new 50 'Mech models.
* InnerSphereMap integration (optional), changes the star map presentation and shows all the new factions on the reputation screen.
* And coming soon, the Periphery Tales series of 46 stand alone mini-flashpoints (no conversations, only a single contract). These are the new pirate and IE contracts of Hyades Rim, but they'll appear as flashpoints and with some big rewards.

Once Periphery Tales is done and all the bugs on the CAB-3025 are fixed, time to get back to finish the story.

• 2Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Hey there,

The final six flashpoints got slightly delayed because of three new features:
* Full CAB support (optional), adding more than new 50 'Mech models.
* InnerSphereMap integration (optional), changes the star map presentation and shows all the new factions on the reputation screen.
* And coming soon, the Periphery Tales series of 46 stand alone mini-flashpoints (no conversations, only a single contract). These are the new pirate and IE contracts of Hyades Rim, but they'll appear as flashpoints and with some big rewards.

Once Periphery Tales is done and all the bugs on the CAB-3025 are fixed, time to get back to finish the story.
Are you going to publish your work on github or somewhere similar someday?
I'm trying it and so far it seems of extremely high quality (barring a few typos in the text) although pretty harder than vanilla.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Are you going to publish your work on github or somewhere similar someday?
I'm trying it and so far it seems of extremely high quality (barring a few typos in the text) although pretty harder than vanilla.
There's already a github page for some time. I can't post the link here because of forum rules but if you check the Nexusmods description the link is there right at the top.

There's already a github page for some time. I can't post the link here because of forum rules but if you check the Nexusmods description the link is there right at the top.
Thank you.
Some early campaign impressions:

- The first flashpoint is not too hard but the player should be warned that reaching it is very expensive, also there is a decent chance to fail the multi deployment requirements if the player doesn't have 6 mechs available.
- I loved the "funnies" concept, however some customizations feels out of place and way to common. Optimized capacitors, lance command modules and other enhancements should be definitely less common, the way they are deprives them of their flavour.
- I miss the black market planet marking in the map from vanilla, it was pretty helpful for deciding where to go for contracts

EDIT: There is definitely an overabundance of EW suite variants, it's supposed to be cutting edge and experimental, seeing multiple pirate units handling it in the periphery is way too much.

Last edited: