• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Anything on the logs?
Can you try with ModTek?

v1.9.1 of BattleTech with Flashpoint, Urban Warfare and Heavy Metal installed. The "HyadesRim" folder in the HBS Mod Loader folder. Launch the game, the logo screen comes up, I create a new standard campaign and then it hangs. Modloader.log files are created in both the "Mod" folder and "HydaesRim" folder but are both 0 bytes and contain no information.

There is no Mac OS version of ModTek. It takes a whole convoluted process to use ModTek on the Mac since it uses .exe files.

I think I may know the issue... does Career mode work?

• 1Like
Reactions:
v1.9.1 of BattleTech with Flashpoint, Urban Warfare and Heavy Metal installed. The "HyadesRim" folder in the HBS Mod Loader folder. Launch the game, the logo screen comes up, I create a new standard campaign and then it hangs. Modloader.log files are created in both the "Mod" folder and "HydaesRim" folder but are both 0 bytes and contain no information.

There is no Mac OS version of ModTek. It takes a whole convoluted process to use ModTek on the Mac since it uses .exe files.

OK, just tested the mod with HBS's loader and there was a recent bug that only ModTek apparently didn't notice. I've fixed it and was able to start a new campaign. I'm going to upload a new version to Nexusmods.

Thanks for the report.

• 1Like
Reactions:
OK, just tested the mod with HBS's loader and there was a recent bug that only ModTek apparently didn't notice. I've fixed it and was able to start a new campaign. I'm going to upload a new version to Nexusmods.

Thanks for the report.

macOS Catalina 10.15.7
Had Steam verify the BattleTech install.
Removed v6.1.5, downloaded v6.1.6, expanded it, and placed it in the "My Games\BattleTech\Mods" folder.
HyadesRim splashscreen appears upon game launch. HyadesRim mod shows as enabled in "Mods." No other mods present or active.
Unable to start either a new Campaign or Career. Game hangs with a continous white circle top left.

Located a xxxModLoader.txt file in the "DumpBox" folder.

These are the only warnings in the file:
ModLoader [WARNING] Warning: Could not find an existing VersionManifest entry for turretdef_Heavy_Command!
ModLoader [WARNING] Warning: Could not find an existing VersionManifest entry for turretdef_Light_Command!
ModLoader [WARNING] Warning: Could not find an existing VersionManifest entry for turretdef_Standard_Command!

Final Entry in xxxModLoader.txt was:
Merge performed: faction_TaurianConcordat.json
ModLoader [LOG] Data/StreamingAssets/data/factions/faction_TaurianConcordat.json
ModLoader [LOG] ../../../../../../../../../My Games/BattleTech/mods/HyadesRim/factions/base/faction_TaurianConcordat.json
ModLoader [LOG]
ModLoader [LOG] Add/Replace: "HBS/Cache/Data/StreamingAssets/data/factions/faction_TaurianConcordat.json" (FactionDef)
ModLoader [LOG]

Let me know if there is more specific information that may be helpful and thank for looking :)

macOS Catalina 10.15.7
Had Steam verify the BattleTech install.
Removed v6.1.5, downloaded v6.1.6, expanded it, and placed it in the "My Games\BattleTech\Mods" folder.
HyadesRim splashscreen appears upon game launch. HyadesRim mod shows as enabled in "Mods." No other mods present or active.
Unable to start either a new Campaign or Career. Game hangs with a continous white circle top left.

Located a xxxModLoader.txt file in the "DumpBox" folder.

These are the only warnings in the file:
ModLoader [WARNING] Warning: Could not find an existing VersionManifest entry for turretdef_Heavy_Command!
ModLoader [WARNING] Warning: Could not find an existing VersionManifest entry for turretdef_Light_Command!
ModLoader [WARNING] Warning: Could not find an existing VersionManifest entry for turretdef_Standard_Command!

Final Entry in xxxModLoader.txt was:
Merge performed: faction_TaurianConcordat.json
ModLoader [LOG] Data/StreamingAssets/data/factions/faction_TaurianConcordat.json
ModLoader [LOG] ../../../../../../../../../My Games/BattleTech/mods/HyadesRim/factions/base/faction_TaurianConcordat.json
ModLoader [LOG]
ModLoader [LOG] Add/Replace: "HBS/Cache/Data/StreamingAssets/data/factions/faction_TaurianConcordat.json" (FactionDef)
ModLoader [LOG]

Let me know if there is more specific information that may be helpful and thank for looking :)

I'm not even sure where that DumpBox folder is, but I've fixed the turretsdefs, that error didn't got reported in my logs though. Please try the version I've uploaded to Nexus (6.1.6a).

20201123013931_1.jpg

Version 6.2.0 released today - Career star map has been completed, mod now includes around 400 new star systems.

• 5Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
version 6.22 has been released

vanilla DLC FPs have been added to the HR Campaign

• 3Like
Reactions:
Hello gentlemen, maybe someone here can give me an idea what I am doing wrong.... Got the latest version of the mod, downloaded ModTek ver 0.7.7.6, copy the files into the Mods folder and ran the injector... the first time I try the injector, got an error... the second time it just blink and does not anything.... I started the game, dissable all the mods, ModTek is enable as well as the two recommended mods, still the game tells me that the mod failed to load.... any ideas

Hello gentlemen, maybe someone here can give me an idea what I am doing wrong.... Got the latest version of the mod, downloaded ModTek ver 0.7.7.6, copy the files into the Mods folder and ran the injector... the first time I try the injector, got an error... the second time it just blink and does not anything.... I started the game, dissable all the mods, ModTek is enable as well as the two recommended mods, still the game tells me that the mod failed to load.... any ideas

Are you installing ModTek and the mods in the proper folder? It's a different one from the folder used for the vanilla mod loader.

Also, if you were using any of the larger modpacks before, you need to restore your BattleTech version to vanilla because those mods might have introduced changes to the base game that are causing a conflict.

Are you installing ModTek and the mods in the proper folder? It's a different one from the folder used for the vanilla mod loader.

Also, if you were using any of the larger modpacks before, you need to restore your BattleTech version to vanilla because those mods might have introduced changes to the base game that are causing a conflict.

I just verified the game files. The mods folder is as it shows in the instructions...c;/..../battletech/Mods/ModTek... before I verified the game files, I dissable all mods. when I had use Modtek on the past, I run the injector and used to get a message or warning. This time I got an error.... I am using Win10

I just verified the game files. The mods folder is as it shows in the instructions...c;/..../battletech/Mods/ModTek... before I verified the game files, I dissable all mods. when I had use Modtek on the past, I run the injector and used to get a message or warning. This time I got an error.... I am using Win10

Just tried reinjecting with ModTek and everything worked fine (I use Win10 also).

That error you mention should be the cause but I don't know what's behind it.

Recently startet a new Hyades Rim career and discoverd a couple of Bugs. Unfortunatly i did not write down all the mission names but just wanted to report. Hope it's the correct thread to post about it:

- A couple of times in random missions Cicada 2As spawend instead of Turrets as a Base Defense.
- This was also true for the Flashpoint "Prototype" in the 3rd mission. 4 Cicadas 2A spawend and besides that my own mechs didn's seem to have skins but appeared in bright purple.
- one time I experienced a "white out" in a mission but don't know if it's related to hyades rim or BT in general. However i never had such an issue before. The impression on screen was the same as if you have an overexposed photography. Everything was uberbright but still playable besides that. The following missions worked totally fine again without any problem.

I hope it helps to identify and fix the isssues. Still my most beloved Mod and keeps me starting a new career every now and then. Thx a lot for that!

Hey there. I've been having both health issues (nothing too serious thankfully) and hardware issues (keyboard broke, spare laptop is slow...) but I've just uploaded a fix to the turrets/Cicadas issue.

The "white out" screen is related to your computer - I've had it with my previous laptop while playing BT, it seemed to be a memory issue but eventually the motherboard broke down...

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hey there. I've been having both health issues (nothing too serious thankfully) and hardware issues (keyboard broke, spare laptop is slow...) but I've just uploaded a fix to the turrets/Cicadas issue.

The "white out" screen is related to your computer - I've had it with my previous laptop while playing BT, it seemed to be a memory issue but eventually the motherboard broke down...
Oh wow, that was quick! Where can i find the fix? Is it just the regular nexusmod download which now includes that fix?

And was the "Cicadas spawning as turrets Bug" a general issue or a mission dependend issue i.e. is it fixed for all missions or just for the Prototype FP?

And talking about it, i remember now that i had the Cicada Bug in another mission type. It was a concoy interception and the leading vehicle was indeed some vehicle, but the other three where Cicada 2As accompanied by one regular lance ox mixed light mechs. I think the Cicadas were probably supposed to be vehicles as well.

Anyway thx for the awesome response time and the fix as well as the clarification on the graphics part. Indeed nothing game breaking and probably my laptop def has seen its best years a while back.

Oh wow, that was quick! Where can i find the fix? Is it just the regular nexusmod download which now includes that fix?

And was the "Cicadas spawning as turrets Bug" a general issue or a mission dependend issue i.e. is it fixed for all missions or just for the Prototype FP?

And talking about it, i remember now that i had the Cicada Bug in another mission type. It was a concoy interception and the leading vehicle was indeed some vehicle, but the other three where Cicada 2As accompanied by one regular lance ox mixed light mechs. I think the Cicadas were probably supposed to be vehicles as well.

Anyway thx for the awesome response time and the fix as well as the clarification on the graphics part. Indeed nothing game breaking and probably my laptop def has seen its best years a while back.
Yeah, the fix is included in the new version available at Nexus.

The Cicadas are fixed for the turrets.

With the vehicles, that problem is usually from issues with the mod database. Everytime you install a mod or update it you should delete the Cache and Database folders (inside .modtek folder or HBS folder) so that the mod launcher rebuilds everything using the newest settings.

If you have this problem again just tell me the faction and I'll give it a better look.

Yeah, the fix is included in the new version available at Nexus.

The Cicadas are fixed for the turrets.

With the vehicles, that problem is usually from issues with the mod database. Everytime you install a mod or update it you should delete the Cache and Database folders (inside .modtek folder or HBS folder) so that the mod launcher rebuilds everything using the newest settings.

If you have this problem again just tell me the faction and I'll give it a better look.
Ah ok good to know. I will keep an eye open if the problem occurs again.

Deleting Cache and Database folder means deleting the complete Cache and Database Folder within .../mygames/BattleTech/mods/HBS/ ?

Please tell me they spawned stuck on the turret pagodas. It would make a nice counterbalance for the time one mod dropped in a terrifying enemy reinforcement lance of four turrets.
They spawned at the turret pagodas correct - some of them were stuck, if they didn't have any valid/free adjacent movement points i guess. But the others startet moving and shootig like regular C2As. But the enemy tourret lance sounds terrifying indeed ^^

Ah ok good to know. I will keep an eye open if the problem occurs again.

Deleting Cache and Database folder means deleting the complete Cache and Database Folder within .../mygames/BattleTech/mods/HBS/ ?
Yeah, those two folders.

If you're using modtek instead of HBS's mod launcher, just delete the .modtek folder