• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will the update work with MODTEK 0.7.3?

I haven't even tested 0.7.3 because of its bugs. I'm still using the ModTek beta 1.7.0 that was released just before 0.7.3 to keep my saved game compatibility with my current campaign. That beta version is still available at Github and since I almost use no additional mods, I'll only upgrade once 0.7.3 is fixed.

So, to answer your question, it *should* work on its own on 0.7.3 but I can't confirm it. Make sure you have a clean BattleTech install though if you want to try it.

And this is what I'm working for the next version...

20190921212702_1.jpg

Last edited:
...That beta version is still available at Github ..

View attachment 514071

I wish 1.7.0 was still available as I deleted it when I d/led 0.7.3 not realizing I should have kept it.
The source code is still up, but not the actual 1.7.0 ModTek.

Anyone that has it feel free to PM it to me, thanks!

The source code is still up, but not the actual 1.7.0 ModTek.

The source code has everything you need to install 1.7.0.

Follow these steps for a clean 1.7.0 install:
* Go to BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data\Managed
* Delete Assembly-CSharp.dll
* In the same folder, locate and make a copy of Assembly-CSharp.dll.orig
* Rename the copy of Assembly-CSharp.dll.orig as Assembly-CSharp.dll
* Go to BATTLETECH\Mods\ModTek\
* Delete everything in folder except for any .zip files that might be present from mods (you'll need those for later)
* Download the 1.7.0 source code zip
* Extract the zip to the /BattleTech/Mods folder, it will create two new folders, in addition to \ModTek
* Run ModInjector.exe to reinstall any mod .zip files into clean Assembly-CSharp.dll

Your folder will be a little messier but it works :)

Last edited:
Thanks.
I'll give it a shot.

New BattleTech update released today!

It's required to reinstall the Hyades Rim mod before continuing playing:
* Go to \BattleTech\Mods\ModTek\ folder
* Click to execute ModTekInjector.exe
* Click Y when asked if you want to inject factions.zip
* After the .zip is successfully reinjected, the mod is reinstalled

Wanted:
If anyone is interested, I'm looking for authors who would like to write the fluff for 5 different pirate groups, only requirements are for that each group to represent one of the 5 Great Houses.
All the rest (name, insignia, description, leader, etc.) is up to the author, who will be credited for them on the mod.
If you're interested, please post a reply here stating which faction you'll be responsible for writing: Davion, Kurita, Liao, Marik, Steiner - only one author per faction!
I've attached to this message the file templates with the fields that you'll need to fill in.

Attachments

• FactionDetails.zip
    902 bytes · Views: 10
I've got something for Kurita.
Just need to dig it up

never mind....what i was thinking of wouldnt work in 3025

Last edited:
Version 1.5 released... I'll let the images speak for themselves.

20190925205745_1.jpg
20190923155611_1.jpg

You can now choose your lance according to the canon 3025 random assignment tables for Davion, Kurita, Liao, Marik and Steiner. There is also a Periphery lance, including a lot of rare models, and a Pirate lance, with only pirate 'Mech variants.
Second new starting option is that ability to affiliate your company with a faction (gives a +20 positive rep, and also decreases the rep to its enemies), and start on a specific system.
And the second new feature is 33 new pirate-only contracts exclusive to the Rim... murder, plunder, adventure and shady pirates await you!

Minor point, but I would argue that Starting Lance and Starting Location should be marked as only being modifiable at the start of the game.

Minor point, but I would argue that Starting Lance and Starting Location should be marked as only being modifiable at the start of the game.

I tried to include those options as part of the top orange box but I either did something wrong or it isn't possible.

Edit: made the hovering text more clear about it applying to the game start.

"Tooltip" : "Default gives a random starting location, otherwise it is possible to select a specific system at the beginning of a Career.",

"Tooltip" : "Default gives the Career random starting 'Mechs, while specific factions will generate a lance of their canon 'Mechs and change company reputation accordingly at start.",

Last edited:
I tried to include those options as part of the top orange box but I either did something wrong or it isn't possible.
Interesting.

I expected it to just require setting "StartOnly", and then when that didn't work I tried setting the "UIOrder" so that the option I was changing was at the top with the other ones that can't be changed during the game. I may fiddle with it more someday if I have an option where I think it makes sense, but I agree it's not worth it for an option that doesn't really do anything if it gets changed later.

And version 1.6 has been released today at Nexusmods.

20191004025243_1.jpg
20191004024010_1.jpg

Change log:
* Added: Cestus, Devastator, Emperor, Excalibur, Falcon Hawk, Galahad, Imp, Kyudo, Linesman, Lynx, Pillager, Nightstar, Night Hawk, Shogun, Sling, Spartan, Spector, Starslayer, Talon, Talos, Titan, Toro and Thunder Hawk BattleMechs
* Added: Star League 'Mech variants for: Exterminator, Firefly, Flashman, Guillotine, Hoplite, Hussar, Thorn and Thug
* Added: variants of the vanilla Crusader, Battlemaster, Rifleman, Marauder, Warhammer and Archer with Star League tech (DHS engines)
* Added: new LosTech starting lance option - all of the 'Mechs will be Star League models
* Added: all the 'Mechs with canon Tek Battlecom comms system have one variant equipped with that upgrade that give +1 individual initiative - Phoenix Hawk, Wolverine, Starslayer, Black Knight, Exterminator, Night Star, Thunder Hawk and Charger
* Added: 8 more pirate procedural contracts
* Fixed: pirate factions wrongly appearing as targets in some missions
* Fixed: pirate faction insignias not appearing during missions
* Fixed: WVE-6UX was bugged, replaced with WVE-5UX
* Changed: difficulty levels increased all over the Rim area

Last edited:
Right cleaned up, updated my Paradox install to 1.7. In with the CAB, in with the mod, in with Modtech. Went for a lostech lance (note leave radio button lit or you wont be able to select it!) First go round got an ASN-99 it was pink in the mech bay.. yea, ok, STarted carefully plugging other mods in and testing..
Hydeas mod pic.jpg

Right.. had Commander portrait loader but cause endless loop on load.. Not currently recommended. (ok maybe not endless loop, but a 6 min wait before bringing up task manager is excessive) Custom Ammo Categories works but Weapon Diversity 3025 is showing/causing issues. Darn shame, one of my favorite submods too)

SLDF mechs: Glad they're in. um haven't run into com guard units but any comstar hires if merc especially if long tern which is how comstar likes to hire should have a chance at a league or royal mech in the lance I would think.. not totally historical mind you, but we are fighting way out here in the sticks and comstar is only really concerned about the great houses finding out what they really have.. we rim mercs.. not important.

My current story now is we're a com star unit that went rouge after being rather rudely mis used by a precentor with delusions of capability.

Having great fun.

Also I think the 3025 CAB needs an update. Caught a few glitches that have been fixed by pulling files from the full CAB.

Looking good, and now that it is I'm taking bets that we'll have update that break everything within 30 days! Because you know... reasons!

TL_Warlord_Roff sends

Right cleaned up, updated my Paradox install to 1.7. In with the CAB, in with the mod, in with Modtech. Went for a lostech lance (note leave radio button lit or you wont be able to select it!) First go round got an ASN-99 it was pink in the mech bay.. yea, ok, STarted carefully plugging other mods in and testing..
View attachment 516773
Right.. had Commander portrait loader but cause endless loop on load.. Not currently recommended. (ok maybe not endless loop, but a 6 min wait before bringing up task manager is excessive) Custom Ammo Categories works but Weapon Diversity 3025 is showing/causing issues. Darn shame, one of my favorite submods too)

I've lately considered switching to CAC but at this point I still prefer keeping my mod simpler because of the modtek issues. Same for Weapon Diversity, the potential for stuff is too much considering that HBS should make further future releases.

SLDF mechs: Glad they're in. um haven't run into com guard units but any comstar hires if merc especially if long tern which is how comstar likes to hire should have a chance at a league or royal mech in the lance I would think.. not totally historical mind you, but we are fighting way out here in the sticks and comstar is only really concerned about the great houses finding out what they really have.. we rim mercs.. not important.

My current story now is we're a com star unit that went rouge after being rather rudely mis used by a precentor with delusions of capability.

Having great fun.

You won't run into Royal units unless you have the SLDF mod. I've only added to the Hyades Rim the 'Mechs that aren't already present in the SLDF mod, and I avoided adding any of the Royal versions of those 'Mechs. And you'll never get Royal versions as starting 'Mechs, they're all Star League vintage, but they're not the best of the SLDF.

As for starting with LosTech 'Mechs? Your local militia might have stumbled upon chance upon an SLDF cache. You might be a group of lostech treasure hunters on an expedition. You might be a top secret elite unit working for one of the Great Houses or ComStar. You might come from a Deep Periphery colony settled by remains of the SLDF that didn't join the Exodus. The important is to have fun :)

Also I think the 3025 CAB needs an update. Caught a few glitches that have been fixed by pulling files from the full CAB.

I'm gonna upgrade to the full CAB soon, to use more Clan 'Mechs as stand-ins

This is what's coming next...

20191005201607_1.jpg

Hyades Rim updated to 1.7

Change Log
* Added: Interstellar Expeditions faction, with its own contracts
* Added more LosTech 'Mechs, with nearly all of the Star League 'Mechs/variants now present
* Changed: RimPirates now appear as 'Unknown' and they'll only use Star League vintage 'Mechs - the modded EW 'Mechs have been reassigned to other pirate groups
* Changed: modded 'Mechs now have a simpler designation, to differentiate them from the canon versions and to better identify them with a specific new faction (old designations are still retained to keep compatibility with older saves, although they're not used in missions anymore)

ok...was ready to give this a go...
followed directions to the letter.
but for the life of me i cannot find modtekinjector.exe anywhere.
went thru every folder in the 1.7.0 source zip...nada
tried using the injector from 7.3 and 7.2 but that didnt work.
so...how do i inject modtek using the 1.7.0 source without an injector?
:confused:

ok...was ready to give this a go...
followed directions to the letter.
but for the life of me i cannot find modtekinjector.exe anywhere.
went thru every folder in the 1.7.0 source zip...nada
tried using the injector from 7.3 and 7.2 but that didnt work.
so...how do i inject modtek using the 1.7.0 source without an injector?
:confused:

1.png

1) Download ModTek 1.7.0
2) Extract all the contents of ModTek-1.7.0.zip to /Mods (the ModTek folder is merely marked in red in the above pic to show where the injector is)
3) Run ModTekInjector.exe in /Mods/ModTek/

Last edited: