• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
New version 1.7a uploaded

Change log:
* Added ModTek beta 1.7.0 to HyadesRim.zip file
* Fixed: missing entries for pirate Mechs

This removes the need to get ModTek beta 1.7.0 from GitHub by including everything in the Hyades Rim.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TaX8KYh_fEiU0MaftPYKUrw91oSV_7F0

link to screenshot of what i see when i open that file.
what i get is missing alot of stuff your pic has

I could swear that the .exe file was included, but after checking and rechecking, it isn't. I tried also using ModTek 0.7.3 but the saves are busted, as previously mentioned in this thread, so I just added the ModTek version I'm running and everything works fine. Thanks for the report.

it might have gotten changed at one point....
either way...thanks for including it..getting new download now.

it might have gotten changed at one point....
either way...thanks for including it..getting new download now.

Can you please confirm if it's working for you?

ok..so...modtek loads and i can start a game.
however...z JK Rarity HyadesRim is throwing an error so HyadesRim wont load because of that.
i looked but i dont see an error...but im no expert either

Error: Caught exception while parsing mod.json at path E:\Program Files (x86)\steamapps\common\BATTLETECH\Mods\Z_JK_Rarity_HyadesRim-v1.5\mod.json
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: {. Path 'Manifest[0]', line 27, position 2.
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParsePostValue (System.Boolean ignoreComments) [0x00182] in <bcfe3779d9974effb214d2a48329f488>:0
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read () [0x0005a] in <bcfe3779d9974effb214d2a48329f488>:0
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader.MoveToContent () [0x00009] in <bcfe3779d9974effb214d2a48329f488>:0
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader.ReadAndMoveToContent () [0x00008] in <bcfe3779d9974effb214d2a48329f488>:0
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader.ReadForType (Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, System.Boolean hasConverter) [0x00043] in <bcfe3779d9974effb214d2a48329f488>:0
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateList (System.Collections.IList list, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonArrayContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerProperty, System.String id) [0x0016e] in <bcfe3779d9974effb214d2a48329f488>:0
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateList (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, System.Object existingValue, System.String id) [0x001be] in <bcfe3779d9974effb214d2a48329f488>:0
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract containerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerMember, System.Object existingValue) [0x0007f] in <bcfe3779d9974effb214d2a48329f488>:0
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValue (Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty property, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConverter propertyConverter, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract containerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerProperty, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Object target) [0x00061] in <bcfe3779d9974effb214d2a48329f488>:0
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject (System.Object newObject, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonObjectContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, System.String id) [0x00268] in <bcfe3779d9974effb214d2a48329f488>:0
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract containerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerMember, System.Object existingValue) [0x0015c] in <bcfe3779d9974effb214d2a48329f488>:0
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract containerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerMember, System.Object existingValue) [0x0006d] in <bcfe3779d9974effb214d2a48329f488>:0
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, System.Boolean checkAdditionalContent) [0x000db] in <bcfe3779d9974effb214d2a48329f488>:0
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType) [0x00053] in <bcfe3779d9974effb214d2a48329f488>:0
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.Deserialize (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType) [0x00000] in <bcfe3779d9974effb214d2a48329f488>:0
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject (System.String value, System.Type type, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializerSettings settings) [0x0002d] in <bcfe3779d9974effb214d2a48329f488>:0
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T] (System.String value, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializerSettings settings) [0x00000] in <bcfe3779d9974effb214d2a48329f488>:0
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T] (System.String value) [0x00000] in <bcfe3779d9974effb214d2a48329f488>:0
at ModTek.ModDef.CreateFromPath (System.String path) [0x00006] in <072cd34b844743c5a59def30bd657f36>:0
at ModTek.ModTek+<InitModsLoop>d__121.MoveNext () [0x000c0] in <072cd34b844743c5a59def30bd657f36>:0
Loaded cached load order.
Warning: Will not load HyadesRim because it's lacking a dependency or has a conflict.

JK Rarity HyadesRim mod is not my responsability. Also, Hyades Rim doesn't need to use JK's Rarity tables since it has its own rarity system.

Everything you need play the mod, as I design and play it, is included in the .zip. Everything else can have issues.

JK Rarity HyadesRim mod is not my responsability. Also, Hyades Rim doesn't need to use JK's Rarity tables since it has its own rarity system.

Everything you need play the mod, as I design and play it, is included in the .zip. Everything else can have issues.

ok..didnt realize that.

added JKs Variants and haydes rim started up fine....got the new diffuclty settings..new map everything seems to be working.
though that mod i mentioned is still throwing that same error.
will remove it and get on getting on
thanx

ok..didnt realize that.

added JKs Variants

Hyades Rim already contains all the canon 'Mechs present in JK's Variants and the SLDF Royal Divisions that exist up to the year 3028, plus more canon 'Mechs not present in either mod.

Last edited:
Hyades Rim already contains all the canon 'Mechs present in JK's Variants and the SLDF Royal Divisions, plus more canon 'Mechs not present in either mod.

ya i dont get it.
but then ever since the 1.7 update i have been having issues.
was unable to start a single modded game with modtek 7.3
finally gave up and decided to finally give your a go.

hyades rim is working...so im happy and can get on my stompy way.

What mods would you recommend with Hyades? CAB and Modtek (now included) I assume, but what else would go with it?

In the "vanilla" Hyades, what are the chances of ever coming across LosTech you didn't start with? I love games where a few double heat sinks are something to squee over

What mods would you recommend with Hyades? CAB and Modtek (now included) I assume, but what else would go with it?

In the "vanilla" Hyades, what are the chances of ever coming across LosTech you didn't start with? I love games where a few double heat sinks are something to squee over

Opps, forgot to mention CAB is required and it needs to be downloaded separately.

Recommendations: Navigation Computer & SkipIntro
The two separate Flashpoints (Raid and Cache) *should* also work, as well as Give Me Death and Give me Kell.

In vanilla Hyades, the deeper into the Periphery you go, the higher the chances that you'll run into some folks using Star League era 'Mechs. One tip: set the Starting Location to Lastpost if you're a LosTech addict ;)

Last edited:
Does Galaxy at War work with The Hyades Rim?

Right cleaned up, updated my Paradox install to 1.7. In with the CAB, in with the mod, in with Modtech. Went for a lostech lance (note leave radio button lit or you wont be able to select it!) First go round got an ASN-99 it was pink in the mech bay.. yea, ok, STarted carefully plugging other mods in and testing..
View attachment 516773
Right.. had Commander portrait loader but cause endless loop on load.. Not currently recommended. (ok maybe not endless loop, but a 6 min wait before bringing up task manager is excessive) Custom Ammo Categories works but Weapon Diversity 3025 is showing/causing issues. Darn shame, one of my favorite submods too)

SLDF mechs: Glad they're in. um haven't run into com guard units but any comstar hires if merc especially if long tern which is how comstar likes to hire should have a chance at a league or royal mech in the lance I would think.. not totally historical mind you, but we are fighting way out here in the sticks and comstar is only really concerned about the great houses finding out what they really have.. we rim mercs.. not important.

My current story now is we're a com star unit that went rouge after being rather rudely mis used by a precentor with delusions of capability.

Having great fun.

Also I think the 3025 CAB needs an update. Caught a few glitches that have been fixed by pulling files from the full CAB.

Looking good, and now that it is I'm taking bets that we'll have update that break everything within 30 days! Because you know... reasons!

TL_Warlord_Roff sends

wanna say thanks for listing these mods that work with hyades.
would also like to add that melee mover, mechspin, semi permanent evasion and all the unit emblems (even ones from early 2018) available on nexus work also.

wanna say thanks for listing these mods that work with hyades.
would also like to add that melee mover, mechspin, semi permanent evasion and all the unit emblems (even ones from early 2018) available on nexus work also.

Small mods that add unit emblems, or change the basic mechanics like mechspin/evasion/melee/etc. shouldn't be an issue. Any mod that changes the 'Mechs or the factions either won't run or there will be conflict issues.

so far everything is copacetic.
started on laspost with lostech starters.
have done a few missions and am enjoying it....GREAT JOB keep it coming @Hobbes__

only issue i have encountered is with one of my starters;
the phx-1b
in mechbays it has the hot pink textures for the whole mech...
in mission just the arm weapons seem to have the hot pink textures

he phx-1b
in mechbays it has the hot pink textures for the whole mech...
in mission just the arm weapons seem to have the hot pink textures

The pink textures are usually related to the textures not loading, IIRC. I'm not sure if there's something I am able to do something about it.

The pink textures are usually related to the textures not loading, IIRC. I'm not sure if there's something I am able to do something about it.

ya i dont think it is anything for you...just wanted to let ya know.
it is possible there is a small error when your mod calls for the textures from the CAB...
but i think it is most likely an issue/error with the CAB (using the single folder no installer version) not loading the textures when called for.

ya i dont think it is anything for you...just wanted to let ya know.
it is possible there is a small error when your mod calls for the textures from the CAB...
but i think it is most likely an issue/error with the CAB (using the single folder no installer version) not loading the textures when called for.

I'm gonna switch to the full CAB in the next versions to reuse several of the Clan 'Mechs as stand-ins. The log gives me a number of errors with the current models I'm using although I don't think the PH is one of them.