• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

Sigil

First Lieutenant
11 Badges
Feb 28, 2018
  • Stellaris
  • BATTLETECH
  • Age of Wonders III
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
Anything on the logs?
Can you try with ModTek?
v1.9.1 of BattleTech with Flashpoint, Urban Warfare and Heavy Metal installed. The "HyadesRim" folder in the HBS Mod Loader folder. Launch the game, the logo screen comes up, I create a new standard campaign and then it hangs. Modloader.log files are created in both the "Mod" folder and "HydaesRim" folder but are both 0 bytes and contain no information.

There is no Mac OS version of ModTek. It takes a whole convoluted process to use ModTek on the Mac since it uses .exe files.

Hobbes__

Captain
4 Badges
Sep 11, 2018
  • BATTLETECH
I think I may know the issue... does Career mode work?

• 1Like
Reactions:

Hobbes__

Captain
4 Badges
Sep 11, 2018
  • BATTLETECH
v1.9.1 of BattleTech with Flashpoint, Urban Warfare and Heavy Metal installed. The "HyadesRim" folder in the HBS Mod Loader folder. Launch the game, the logo screen comes up, I create a new standard campaign and then it hangs. Modloader.log files are created in both the "Mod" folder and "HydaesRim" folder but are both 0 bytes and contain no information.

There is no Mac OS version of ModTek. It takes a whole convoluted process to use ModTek on the Mac since it uses .exe files.
OK, just tested the mod with HBS's loader and there was a recent bug that only ModTek apparently didn't notice. I've fixed it and was able to start a new campaign. I'm going to upload a new version to Nexusmods.

Thanks for the report.

• 1Like
Reactions:

Sigil

First Lieutenant
11 Badges
Feb 28, 2018
  • Stellaris
  • BATTLETECH
  • Age of Wonders III
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
OK, just tested the mod with HBS's loader and there was a recent bug that only ModTek apparently didn't notice. I've fixed it and was able to start a new campaign. I'm going to upload a new version to Nexusmods.

Thanks for the report.
macOS Catalina 10.15.7
Had Steam verify the BattleTech install.
Removed v6.1.5, downloaded v6.1.6, expanded it, and placed it in the "My Games\BattleTech\Mods" folder.
HyadesRim splashscreen appears upon game launch. HyadesRim mod shows as enabled in "Mods." No other mods present or active.
Unable to start either a new Campaign or Career. Game hangs with a continous white circle top left.

Located a xxxModLoader.txt file in the "DumpBox" folder.

These are the only warnings in the file:
ModLoader [WARNING] Warning: Could not find an existing VersionManifest entry for turretdef_Heavy_Command!
ModLoader [WARNING] Warning: Could not find an existing VersionManifest entry for turretdef_Light_Command!
ModLoader [WARNING] Warning: Could not find an existing VersionManifest entry for turretdef_Standard_Command!

Final Entry in xxxModLoader.txt was:
Merge performed: faction_TaurianConcordat.json
ModLoader [LOG] Data/StreamingAssets/data/factions/faction_TaurianConcordat.json
ModLoader [LOG] ../../../../../../../../../My Games/BattleTech/mods/HyadesRim/factions/base/faction_TaurianConcordat.json
ModLoader [LOG]
ModLoader [LOG] Add/Replace: "HBS/Cache/Data/StreamingAssets/data/factions/faction_TaurianConcordat.json" (FactionDef)
ModLoader [LOG]

Let me know if there is more specific information that may be helpful and thank for looking :)

Hobbes__

Captain
4 Badges
Sep 11, 2018
  • BATTLETECH
macOS Catalina 10.15.7
Had Steam verify the BattleTech install.
Removed v6.1.5, downloaded v6.1.6, expanded it, and placed it in the "My Games\BattleTech\Mods" folder.
HyadesRim splashscreen appears upon game launch. HyadesRim mod shows as enabled in "Mods." No other mods present or active.
Unable to start either a new Campaign or Career. Game hangs with a continous white circle top left.

Located a xxxModLoader.txt file in the "DumpBox" folder.

These are the only warnings in the file:
ModLoader [WARNING] Warning: Could not find an existing VersionManifest entry for turretdef_Heavy_Command!
ModLoader [WARNING] Warning: Could not find an existing VersionManifest entry for turretdef_Light_Command!
ModLoader [WARNING] Warning: Could not find an existing VersionManifest entry for turretdef_Standard_Command!

Final Entry in xxxModLoader.txt was:
Merge performed: faction_TaurianConcordat.json
ModLoader [LOG] Data/StreamingAssets/data/factions/faction_TaurianConcordat.json
ModLoader [LOG] ../../../../../../../../../My Games/BattleTech/mods/HyadesRim/factions/base/faction_TaurianConcordat.json
ModLoader [LOG]
ModLoader [LOG] Add/Replace: "HBS/Cache/Data/StreamingAssets/data/factions/faction_TaurianConcordat.json" (FactionDef)
ModLoader [LOG]

Let me know if there is more specific information that may be helpful and thank for looking :)
I'm not even sure where that DumpBox folder is, but I've fixed the turretsdefs, that error didn't got reported in my logs though. Please try the version I've uploaded to Nexus (6.1.6a).