• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kepheren

Major
69 Badges
Jul 15, 2003
Visit site
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Sengoku
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
Ok, this might sound like a dumb question but if you play the campaign first can you then transition into the standard career mode with higher skills, money and better mechs? Or are they two seperate modes without any integration between the two?

They are totally separate.

You can play as long as you like after the campaign with everything you've built up, but your career will start with the bare bones of a struggling mercenary company.

When you finish the Campaign, you will transition into Career Mode.
SUGGESTION: Best thing to do in Career Mode is to try MODS like (BEXC) Battletech Extended 3025 - Commanders Edition (full Inner Sphere map, random start areas, random mechs, new Flashpoints, and combat with the Clans), (BTA) Battletech Advanced - 3062 places you in the Fed-Com Civil War. These are just some of the mods that change game play.

Once you have finished the Campaign, you can continue to play onward and the Flashpoints (if you have the Expansions) will begin to spawn in.

IMO if you're interested...

Me personally, I would prefer to start a new Career mode game if you have Expansions installed. This is because the Flashpoints are rated anywhere from 1.5 skulls to 5 skulls. If you play the Flashpoints after the Campaign, you most likely have an Assault lance and many Flashpoints will be too easy. I myself like playing from scratch and taking Flashpoints as my Career company grows.

This is of course just preference, but I feel like you would get more from playing a new Career and playing Flashpoints from there. Also, Career Mode has a scoring system over 1200 days (does continue past 1200 days), so if you like playing for a rank, that is another good reason to play a Career game.

Yeah, I have all the dlc and been playing with those in career mode. Just wondered if I was missing out on opportunities by not doing campaign mode first. As for the skull ratings I am wondering if they are pure fiction. Have played three skull missions that were easier than half skull ones. Hell, had a half skull one that threw a heavy medium and a light lance against me. Yikes.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Missions will vary despite the skull rating, which is a good thing imho, but always look at the payout. Low means easier, high means more difficult.

• 1Like
Reactions: