• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I never implied (or at least didn't mean to) that they did offer to provide it, just that I was hoping for it. I may have confused it with MW5 having fragments of the OA faction left in, either way I was hoping for another couple of large expansions, stand alone games or sequels in the future with new campaigns, moving the timeline on, or in different settings such as the Clan home worlds, just not the endless stream of small to medium scale additions as in the CK and EU franchises. It is sad that it has come to what seems like a sudden and early end.
Yes, HBS has sunset BATTLETECH.

But the idea... the hope, really, of a BATTLETECH 2 at some point in the next 3-5 years is not something that has been wholly taken off the table by either HBS or Paradox.

HBS is working up a pair of Projects right now. I’ll be preordering both...

...but then I am a fan of HBS and not the most objective of consumers in this particular matter. : )

I can assure you i preorder Nothing based on developers - the last time i did that was Bethesda bcs i thought it is impossible to destroy the Fallout Franchise and by all saints - how was i wrong!

Lesson learned - nevermore again from nobody!!!

PS: I completely expect the next Elder Scrolls to be a complete disaster!
Rockstar so far is the only dev left who has not yet disapointed...aside of that everybody seem on a Race who can become the biggest Joke of the Industrie while blaming Players for the failing of their ill planned and executed disasters!

PPS: Well, ok. Football Manager does what Football Manager does - Sports Interactive / Sega has not yet lost their mind also...

Greetings MechWarriors!

This is not the place to air grievances towards other games. Please take it to Off-Topic if that's something one wants to do. But as always, please keep it civil, and respectful. Even in OT.

Thank you
Timaeus

Hiya guys. Just wanted to thank you again for all the amazing work you did on BattleTech. As I side note, I have picked up your Shadowrun Games, & started playing them......I must say they are also truly excellent! Can't wait to see what's next in your pipeline. Hope we don't have to wait too long though :).

Reactions:
Modders are still doing a ton of awesome things with it, but HBS is history.

• 1Like
Reactions:
So, the game is officially dead???
"Not actively developed" is a more accurate term; you can still buy it, it still runs, there's nothing to stop you from playing, all the content is still there. New players are still coming here to the forums.

It's not going to be developed further though, and Paradox has taken over bugfix support (and will only fix major gamebreaking bugs, if any should crop up).

But dead? No. We're still playing, aren't we? :)

Reactions:
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
They may well have all sorts of wonderful plans for the future, but they have most certainly departed this game, so they're history.

Reactions:
Edgy.
:p

• 1Like
Reactions:
"Not actively developed" is a more accurate term; you can still buy it, it still runs, there's nothing to stop you from playing, all the content is still there. New players are still coming here to the forums.

It's not going to be developed further though, and Paradox has taken over bugfix support (and will only fix major gamebreaking bugs, if any should crop up).

But dead? No. We're still playing, aren't we? :)

...and the mod community is actively developing :) e.g. just stumbled over hobbes' Hyades Rim mod and it feels almost like an official battletech story expansion. So much great content and all in line with the official battletech canon. Really looking forward for what more content will be created in the future. Some more mini-campaigns would be awesome or maybe someone will even try to implement a major campaign cycle.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Makes me sad that I only just recently bought the Mercenary Edition of the game, but I do not regret it. Looking forward to what else you have in store for future projects!

Reactions:
Congratulations, you've made an awesome game and all BT fans can be super-happy! At least I enjoy every minute of it.

Reactions:
Well, GoG had Heavy Metal (all of Battletech in fact) on sale and as i like the BT 3025 Extended Commander Mod i decided to spend some Euros for completing the game and the saved Money went as donation to the Mod maker (under a different Name i wont reveal ofc.).

So again, thx for making the game moddable and thx for great mod-packages like this one!

• 1Like
Reactions: