• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
in spite of my unfortunate habit of mis-clicking in tactical games.
I have a mouse that all-too-often double-clicks instead of single-clicks when I try to use the left button. I don't know how many times that darned mouse has made my MechWarriors go to the wrong spot, and/or face the wrong direction. It's not optimal when your Archer turns away from the enemy instead of towards, especially not mid-battle. I could really have used those 40 tightly clustered LRMs...

And yes, I run Ironman so I just have to roll with it. In my head, I ascribe it to my MechWarriors having combat fatigue and making bad decisions.

I have a mouse that all-too-often double-clicks instead of single-clicks when I try to use the left button.
Crack that bugger open and adjust the spring in the switch. You can probably find a video for whatever model it is. (Also, admittedly this can be a pain.)

I have a mouse that all-too-often double-clicks instead of single-clicks when I try to use the left button. I don't know how many times that darned mouse has made my MechWarriors go to the wrong spot, and/or face the wrong direction. It's not optimal when your Archer turns away from the enemy instead of towards, especially not mid-battle. I could really have used those 40 tightly clustered LRMs...

And yes, I run Ironman so I just have to roll with it. In my head, I ascribe it to my MechWarriors having combat fatigue and making bad decisions.
I resemble the remark on headcanoning away aspects of BATTLETECH. For me, I often chalk it up to (and I know you’ve heard this one before) Clausewitzian Fog and Friction of War.

If a Convoy Vehicle bugs out - it’s Clausewitz.

If the AI’s Reinforcements appears in my Rear Arc and I lose a Mech - damn Clausewitz!

And if I lose an entire Ironman Match because I Planetfall on the exact same day I run out of money by the game uses a business practice of Debits before Credits (not letting me sell parts to refill my coffers on the day I go bankrupt. - double-damn Clausewitz!!

Any how, that’s a portion of my story. The other portion is that during my military career my studies into Musashi and Clausewitz earned me some small!bits of positive affirmation, and breathing some small bits of that into my BATTLETECH experience, reminds me of that affirmation on occasion. :bow:

Crack that bugger open and adjust the spring in the switch. You can probably find a video for whatever model it is. (Also, admittedly this can be a pain.)
That is like taking a screwdriver to the Heart of Clausewitzian Friction of BATTLETECH!

But you are right, why headcanon it away if you can fix it at its source. Well done Good Sir, well done indeed. :bow:

I'd consider this a must. After all, 1.9 will be the definitive Battletech experience. Maybe I'll finally work up the guts to try an Ironman run at last, in spite of my unfortunate habit of mis-clicking in tactical games.
Keep in mind that you can Alt-Tab out and leave the game running in the background while copying the save directory to a backup location. I've used that a few times during Ironman runs to prevent bugs from ending it. Fortunately, it's very rare for it to be needed, but if you run across a horrible bug such as not being able to end a mission, there is usually an autosave already on disk and you'll typically only have to replay the mission you were on.

for me it sounds kinda like good news actually... one of biggest Paradox problems is to sell multiple updates and patches for full price over course of few years, bloating the game into horrendous proportions that actually prevents new players from purchasing the game because complete edition is just too costly.. (EU4 as example.. on steam its selling for 200$ as whole... no thank you).

I'd consider this a must. After all, 1.9 will be the definitive Battletech experience. Maybe I'll finally work up the guts to try an Ironman run at last, in spite of my unfortunate habit of mis-clicking in tactical games.

'Wow, all of the same bugs and embarrassing performance problems we had to pay for the privilege of experiencing via xpacs are still here! Except this time we can be assured that they are here to stay, since 1.9 represents end of support for the game. How DEFINITIVE!'

'Wow, all of the same bugs and embarrassing performance problems we had to pay for the privilege of experiencing via xpacs are still here! Except this time we can be assured that they are here to stay, since 1.9 represents end of support for the game. How DEFINITIVE!'
Paradox is continuing support, and will get HBS on further bug fixes at their discretion. This is just the last content addition.

Also, I've rarely had to deal with these bugs or performance issues, so for me, yes, this is pretty definitive.

Paradox is continuing support, and will get HBS on further bug fixes at their discretion. This is just the last content addition.

Also, I've rarely had to deal with these bugs or performance issues, so for me, yes, this is pretty definitive.

only critical bugs from what i gather.....and they decide on what is critical...so ya...for those of us who have been plagued by these bugs this is a lackluster whiff of n update for HBS to go out on.

I think I just finish the last flashpoint in a carer run.....First..THANK YOU for a wonderful game......Second I feel like I just finish a great book HUNGRY for the next edition
Lastly pat yourselves on the back because I cant.

I'm just going add my thanks for a great game as well. Battletech is one of the most enjoyable TBS games I've ever played and the most replyable games I've played in a long time. I can't wait to see what comes next.

This is my favourite game (and i have over 200 games on steam), so surely i´m thankful to HBS and Paradox for making it.

But when i saw this cities skylines 5 years sales celebration and realized BT didn´t got even 2 years of development after release, it gave me a feeling of sadness and disappointment that certainly will make me think twice before even buying another Paradox game.

I know they didn´t made any promises, but Paradox way to do bussiness lead to a fair expectation of years of BT that got frustrated. And gamers vote with their wallets...

This is my favourite game (and i have over 200 games on steam), so surely i´m thankful to HBS and Paradox for making it.

But when i saw this cities skylines 5 years sales celebration and realized BT didn´t got even 2 years of development after release, it gave me a feeling of sadness and disappointment that certainly will make me think twice before even buying another Paradox game.

I know they didn´t made any promises, but Paradox way to do bussiness lead to a fair expectation of years of BT that got frustrated. And gamers vote with their wallets...
Yes, since I've enjoyed Battletech and the Shadowrun games so much I'll be voting with my wallet when HBS releases their next game. Pre-order when?

Well, maybe Paradox is unwilling to make grow things bigger and wants to reap the fruits of commerce sooner.
Hm, a Horror game, even if it would be good my wallet stays close, as Horror is not my genre (ok, if the coming Vampire game falls into the Horror genre i give it a try).
I also doubt i will pay for another Europa Universalis as my playing time compared to EU III is very small and the expenses are very big - HOI and the other Stuff like Stellaris appear not on my Wishlist anyway - to technocratic, to little flair, they lack completely the magic Formula that Battletech has, that EU has to a certain Degree.
Their Paradox UIs are horrendus on top of that.

I explore Battletech now with the 3025 Extended Commander Edition - that would have been an Expansion i would have paid for instead of Heavy Metal and a worthy conclusion of the game - so far it is a great experience!

Last edited:
What!?? I just came here to see if any news about Outworlds Alliance finally being fully implemented into game (since it always seemed as if they were meant to be included and got left behind before release) and now this... Ugh. I was expecting them to finish off OA and release new campaign expansion based around Clan invasion, but also don't want to see it turned into another overpriced DLC treadmill like some other Paradox games.

Last edited:
...but also don't want to see it turned into another overpriced DLC treadmill like some other Paradox games.
Personally I love Paradox’s approach to Game a Development.

As a matter of fact, as I sit here less than a month after BATTLETECH development has been SUNSET by HBS, I find myself sad.

I would be willing to any number of expansions, DLCs and yes, even more asking like the Shadowhawk Skins.

But alas, that is now OFFICIALLY, never to be. :moment_of_silence:

Oh, and @Fiachra, never once... never once in more than four years of active development did Mitch or Harebrained Schemes offer to provide an Outworlds Alliance DLC... might it have been another BattleTech game and developer that you are thinking of?

Personally I love Paradox’s approach to Game a Development.

As a matter of fact, as I sit here less than a month after BATTLETECH development has been SUNSET by HBS, I find myself sad.

I would be willing to any number of expansions, DLCs and yes, even more asking like the Shadowhawk Skins.

But alas, that is now OFFICIALLY, never to be. :moment_of_silence:

Oh, and @Fiachra, never once... never once in more than four years of active development did Mitch or Harebrained Schemes offer to provide an Outworlds Alliance DLC... might it have been another BattleTech game and developer that you are thinking of?

I never implied (or at least didn't mean to) that they did offer to provide it, just that I was hoping for it. I may have confused it with MW5 having fragments of the OA faction left in, either way I was hoping for another couple of large expansions, stand alone games or sequels in the future with new campaigns, moving the timeline on, or in different settings such as the Clan home worlds, just not the endless stream of small to medium scale additions as in the CK and EU franchises. It is sad that it has come to what seems like a sudden and early end.