• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Terribly, terribly sad that HBS leave Battletech universe. In over 20 years, only they were able to deliver truly fun and close to original Battletech experience on computer screens.

On the other hand, maybe i will finally play the Roguetech, since now they perhaps would be able to update before new DLC since we won't get any new DLC.

Terribly, terribly sad that HBS leave Battletech universe. In over 20 years, only they were able to deliver truly fun and close to original Battletech experience on computer screens.

On the other hand, maybe i will finally play the Roguetech, since now they perhaps would be able to update before new DLC since we won't get any new DLC.

I was thinking about trying RogueTech as well, however as more time goes by, I think Advanced 3062 might be a bit more appealing to me. I'll have to watch Baradul's Stream of it and see what I think.

Welp, it was truly a fun and wild ride. :)

Thanks for giving us a truly fun game to play.

And while there were a few decision that I didn't agree with, I can honestly say that i don't regret backing the game nor purchasing the DLC.

Looking forward to seeing what you folks have in store for us in the future.

Good luck and thanks for all the fish.

@HBS_HighCommand and all of HBS:

Who's Awesome.png

I was thinking about trying RogueTech as well, however as more time goes by, I think Advanced 3062 might be a bit more appealing to me. I'll have to watch Baradul's Stream of it and see what I think.

2062 is excellent as well, though in recent updates they made maps way too huge and spawn points too distant. 15 minutes of going to enemy before each battle is pure antithesis of fun.
Though i heard they are also going to have Clans, faction and full Inner Sphere map in the future.

EDIT: Played Roguetech beta. It suck donkey balls, i can't even win one battle because hit chance for any weapon nor melee never exceeds 25% for some reason. Why the hell modders for BT are suck sour sadists...

Last edited:
All good things come to an end.

In the age of Trilogies, Remakes, and on demand entertainment it is hard to accept that there is only one.

This was a wonderful ride and the best complement I can give; it will not be forgotten.

There's only one Mona Lisa
One Leaning Tower Of Pisa
One Paris and there's only one BATTLETECH…

Original Song and Lurics by T. G. Sheppard

It never occurred to me that plans for a sequel might be suspended because of Microsoft holding onto the rights or passing them to someone else. So far I'd been assuming that HBS just didn't have the size to keep development going while branching out to new projects - and new projects are probably crucial to their sanity. It's been four years already, almost entirely on one game. The last thing I want is for Battletech to become some kind of inescapable purgatory for those creating it.

Still, I have no doubts about a sequel within a few years, from whoever calls the shots at the time. With the long-running output of MechWarrior Online, the extraordinary success and press hype of the HBS game, the highly-praised release of Catalyst's new boxed sets a couple years back, and the Clan Invasion Kickstarter product rolling out this year, it should be clear to any bean-counter that the market for this IP is far from exhausted. Hopefully Microsoft will see fit to let HBS take care of it, due to their experience with this game and the IP in general.

In the meantime... I'm really hoping to see modders really do some cool things with the flashpoint editor. So many people would love to see new campaigns, myself included, but it seems like few are aware they already have the tools for them.

Last edited:
...In the meantime... I'm really hoping to see modders really do some cool things with the flashpoint editor. So many people would love to see new campaigns, myself included, but it seems like few are aware they already have the tools for them.
@CWolfs is already ahead of you. : )

Not only does his Mission Control Mod serve to facilitate FLASHPOINT creation in his and a number of other high profile Mod Packs but he has gone 3 or 4 steps further.

I just started supporting him on Patreon and he outlines his latest Mod Developments there.

Remember when @CmdrDunsail was Championing Secondary Missions for BATTLETECH akin to those Golem Arcana had?

Well CWolfs has developed “Triggers” that based on players tactical actions while deployed on a Mission, can spawn Text Events and new Mission Parameters!

And that is just the tip of the iceberg here.

For this next part, I’ll let CWolfs own words paint the picture:

“Now, for this third contract type, I aim to do something a little more complex. My initial idea is to make a contract type with an entirely new bit of custom map logic in it that doesn’t exist in the other contract types. This will introduce variance and inject some freshness into the game whilst showcasing the power of Mission Control’s custom contract types.

First steps though. For me to know which maps would fit my contract type ideas I need to analyse them. I’m currently loading up all the story maps to see what unique, interesting and useful bits of scenery/buildings/dropships exist in them. Between the story maps being relatively dense in detail and the generic contract types being relatively simple it will be a good mix of choice.”

Dynamic use of until-now-static Maps/Biomes would increase replayability of BATTLETECH by a factor of 5 to 10 for me! This is some cutting edge amazing Modding going forward. :)

Gosh...

I'm sad as I was not expecting this.

But, never the less, it was such a great experience to have this game brought to PC after 20 plus years of wondering if it would be done.

Excellent work and thanks to everyone at HBS!!

All the best for the next games.

Thx for making this great game - i still have not finished it but that only means i still have a reason to play it...

Had hoped for some more official content but i am very glad for what i got to have!

All the best for you!

Well that's a disappointing announcement. Such potential still there. Wouldn't be shocked if MS was being jerks about the IP and combine that with HBS likely needing a break and doing something different.

it came to my mind it might end like this when they were bought by Paradox... not the first time studio drops a franchise to work on something else despite its possible potential and fans....

it came to my mind it might end like this when they were bought by Paradox... not the first time studio drops a franchise to work on something else despite its possible potential and fans....
Could be a Microsoft thing as well.
We could be in the upside down where Obsidian is developing the next Battletech game and HBS is developing the next Tyranny game.

HBS is more than BATTLETECH.

We may not like to hear that, but it’s true.

Since being acquired by Paradox, HBS moves into a brand new State of the Art Game Design Studio. Brand new. State of the Art.

Tracking HBS on LinkedIn, it is clear that HBS has added employees to its roster since being acquired by Paradox Interacrive.

Plus unless one may forget, HBS has the Unity Update quash it’s Multiplayer build setting back development by upwards of four weeks and draining resources from a company that was quickly approaching 2-years since Kickstarter...

...I dare say Paradox is the sole reason HBS is financially viable and more we even have the BATTLETECH base game we do have, let alone THREE full DLCs.

We may want to see more BATTLETECH.

But it is a lot like LIFE, it you live something serious it free and if meant it be it’l return to you three-fold.

With HBS moving on to other projects now (something they have done every since they started business in 2011) I agree with you there is so much money here that in due time 3, 4, 5 or more years, I am willing to bet that HBS returned to the BattleTech IP for BATTLETECH 2.

And if they do, the fact will be thanks to Paradox alone.

Well, time and Mirch will tell. : )

Could be a Microsoft thing as well.
We could be in the upside down where Obsidian is developing the next Battletech game and HBS is developing the next Tyranny game.
Microsoft (and HBS too : ) ) are I’m the business of Developing Games... and not starving their shareholders of profit in pursuit of fan service.

PGI, CGL and now HBS have all served to help build and burnish the BattleTech IP...

...and if Microsoft is feeling frisky and eager to regain its BattleTech rights, we’ll I say MORE POWER TO THEM.

Microsoft ain’t in the business of losing money.

If Microsoft has ambitions for its BattleTech IP I say we sit back and arch the show.

The House that Gates built might be assessing Microsoft for a movie / streaming video option or maybe a AAA-game development of its own.

Either way, if one were to take the LONG VIEW, well Inbelice our IP would be better off in such a case. : )

Or Shadowrun, for that matter. ;)

And I'm genuinely interested in whatever else HBS has up its sleeves now, seeing how much their capabilities have grown since SR:Returns.

Say... are we sure the two upcoming projects are both computer games? After Golem Arcana, I wouldn't mind if they took another crack at board gaming...

Microsoft (and HBS too : ) ) are I’m the business of Developing Games... and not starving their shareholders of profit in pursuit of fan service.

PGI, CGL and now HBS have all served to help build and burnish the BattleTech IP...

...and if Microsoft is feeling frisky and eager to regain its BattleTech rights, we’ll I say MORE POWER TO THEM.

Microsoft ain’t in the business of losing money.

If Microsoft has ambitions for its BattleTech IP I say we sit back and arch the show.

The House that Gates built might be assessing Microsoft for a movie / streaming video option or maybe a AAA-game development of its own.

Either way, if one were to take the LONG VIEW, well Inbelice our IP would be better off in such a case. : )

Considering the near 20 years MS sat on the Battletech IP I would chalk it more up to not realizing the base the franchise still has even now. They could have made a ton of money with it over the past near 20 years, instead it sat gathering dust.

Considering the near 20 years MS sat on the Battletech IP I would chalk it more up to not realizing the base the franchise still has even now. They could have made a ton of money with it over the past near 20 years, instead it sat gathering dust.

more like...after years of putting out great games that were more or less faithful to lore MS took it from the PC to the console and made something that is barely IMHO recognizable as battletech.

and when that didnt do as well they wanted they threw in the towel since at that time they had turned their back on PCs