• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@hooni is this fine or shall change the names of the laws just in case our mods having the same law names makes you feel as if this mod was taken directly from your mod

laws = {
pledge_off = {
group = pledge
default = yes
potential = {
holder_scope = {
OR = {
independent = yes
in_revolt = yes
}
}
}
allow = {
}
revoke_allowed = {
always = no
}

effect = {
hidden_tooltip = {
revoke_law = pledge_on
}
set_tribal_vassal_levy_control = yes
}
}

pledge_on = {
group = pledge
potential = {
holder_scope = {
higher_tier_than = COUNT
independent = yes
}
}
allow = {
}
revoke_allowed = {
always = no
}
effect = {
hidden_tooltip = {
revoke_law = pledge_off
}
set_tribal_vassal_levy_control = no
}
}

}
That is totally fine. I made it clear on my pledge mod thread ages ago, if it is a general mechanic, I would want people to use it rather than recreating the exact same thing from scratch. I just do not want people to take works w/o permission when one can create the mod differently (e.g. combat system, events or images).

However, note you did just take my code:

laws = {
pledge_off = {
group = pledge
default = yes
potential = {
holder_scope = {
government = feudal_government
OR = {
independent = yes
in_revolt = yes
}
}
}
revoke_allowed = {
always = no
}
ai_will_do = {
factor = 1
# modifier = {
# factor = 0
# NOT = {title = e_hre}
# holder_scope = {
# num_of_vassals = 10
# any_vassal = {
# higher_tier_than = BARON
# }
# }
# }

}
ai_will_revoke = {
factor = 0
}

effect = {
hidden_tooltip = {
revoke_law = pledge_on
}
}
}

pledge_on = {
group = pledge
feudal_opinion = 5
potential = {
NOT = {has_law = ze_administration_laws_witan}
NOT = {has_law = ze_administration_laws_2}
NOT = {has_law = witan_administration}
NOT = {has_law = imperial_administration}
holder_scope = {
higher_tier_than = COUNT
independent = yes
in_revolt = no
}
}
revoke_allowed = {
always = no
}
ai_will_do = {
factor = 0
# modifier = {
# factor = 0
# title = e_hre
# }
# modifier = {
# factor = 0
# NOT = {
# holder_scope = {
# num_of_vassals = 10
# any_vassal = {
# }
# }
# }
# }
}
ai_will_revoke = {
factor = 0
}

effect = {
hidden_tooltip = {
revoke_law = pledge_off
}
}
}

}

For the record, you just deleted commented out lines and some lines you do not use in your mod.
It literally is my code even down to the order of conditions.

You also took code from other mods, I can only assume without asking because I do not recall you asking me for mine. Not to mention there is any credit on your initial post.

You can my code, and redistribute my code for pledge laws, however, please note you have code from other mods as well, you may want to warn others about it before you give permission for others to use your mod.

Last edited:
That is totally fine. I made it clear on my pledge mod thread ages ago, if it is a general mechanic, I would want people to use it rather than recreating the exact same thing from scratch. I just do not want people to take works w/o permission when one can create the mod differently (e.g. combat system, events or images).

However, note you did just take my code:

laws = {
pledge_off = {
group = pledge
default = yes
potential = {
holder_scope = {
OR = {
independent = yes
in_revolt = yes
}
}
}
revoke_allowed = {
always = no
}
ai_will_do = {
factor = 1
# modifier = {
# factor = 0
# NOT = {title = e_hre}
# holder_scope = {
# num_of_vassals = 10
# any_vassal = {
# }
# }
# }

}
ai_will_revoke = {
factor = 0
}

effect = {
hidden_tooltip = {
revoke_law = pledge_on
}
}
}

pledge_on = {
group = pledge
feudal_opinion = 5
potential = {
holder_scope = {
higher_tier_than = COUNT
independent = yes
in_revolt = no
}
}
revoke_allowed = {
always = no
}
ai_will_do = {
factor = 0
# modifier = {
# factor = 0
# title = e_hre
# }
# modifier = {
# factor = 0
# NOT = {
# holder_scope = {
# num_of_vassals = 10
# any_vassal = {
# }
# }
# }
# }
}
ai_will_revoke = {
factor = 0
}

effect = {
hidden_tooltip = {
revoke_law = pledge_off
}
}
}

}

For the record, you just deleted commented out lines and some lines you do not use in your mod.
It literally is my code even down to the order of conditions.

You also took code from other mods, I can only assume without asking because I do not recall you asking me for mine. Not to mention there is any credit on your initial post.

You can my code, and redistribute my code for pledge laws, however, please note you have code from other mods as well, you may want to warn others about it before you give permission for others to use your mod.

These lines do not actually excist within my mod

feudal_opinion = 5

I know its small but it makes me wonder If you have actually looked through the files which compose my mod properly and if not it may have caused you to think that I have taken files from other mods

"You also took code from other mods"

I did say I used the law file from your mod but as I said everytihng else I have made myself.
Here are the links to all the questions I asked when making the files (probably the best evidence I can provide)

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...uick-questions.589686/page-1590#post-23249161
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...uick-questions.589686/page-1593#post-23258632

There are 4 files in my mod
a event file
a on_actions
a law file (yours but with half the code deleted)
and a goverment file

The event file is a simple event which I made myself and you can see the questions in which I asked about how to make such file

the on_actions file litrally consits of 4 lines so I dont understand how I could have took that from any mod.

And the goverment file was made by me

So could you please just tell me what code I took from other mods except from yours.

Yes I should and will give you credit for your file and that is my fault.

I understand you should not have to ask for credit and it is my fault that I did not put it in there but saying that I took this entire mod from yours and then saying that I took the rest of the files from other mods is untrue.

Last edited:

So you have given permission for people to use genral mechanics (which im guessing includes the law file).

I edited the law file and used it in my mod

Just out of interest

Is your problem that

I used your law file without asking you directly for permission? (even though you gave permission publicly that simple mechanics from your mod can be used)

or/and

I used the law file from your mod and did not give you credit?

or/and

You think I used files from other mods even though I didnt?

As i already said im abandoning the mod anyone can take the files if they want and try to fix it.

I've released a submod, based on this, for HIP. It has many improvements and is specifically tailored for the HIP setup.

Check it out here if you're interested.

I've released a submod, based on this, for HIP. It has many improvements and is specifically tailored for the HIP setup.

Check it out here if you're interested.
Okay thats cool I will put your link in the OP

How does this work with ships and fleets?

Unfortunately fleets cannot be called to arms, and they tend to remain with your vassals. It's hardcoded AFAIK - tribals were never supposed to get many fleets anyway. Your best bet is investing heavy in shipyards (which kinda makes sense).

When a war is won, I usually take my troops back to my territory, so that I do not lose them, but AI when the war ends and it is in enemy territory, it simply disbands its troops, this causes it to lose a lot troop, I think this should not occur in this mod, since AI now usually controls much of the army.