• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
TheArchduke said:
I must admit that this Muzatelite Islam gives me a headache. What is that fuss all about?

Before I abandoded the project I had plans to dissolve the Caliphate completly and have the Mamelucks, Granada as main muslim protagonist.

It was a heretical sect of Islam that wass widespread amongst the Islamic nobility of the high tide in the Middle east and al-Andalus.It attempted to answer questions on a rational and logical basis , putting aside accoustomed religious answers.This sect eventually died out as the Andalusian and Abbasid aristocracies were confounded by many great Imams such as Ghazali, not to mention the wars which swept the region.

Assumingly, in Abberation al-Andalus experiances a revival, with the teachings facing little or no resistance in Iberia.This helps create "in my opinion" a polarized muslim world between Baghdad and Cordoba, very similar to the schism of both respective countries in the past.

If people dont like the Mutazelite idea, we can change them, or get rid of them all together. :)

Having just started playing around with the Abbasid Caliphate in the newest beta, some thoughts:
The Kingdom of Jerusalem really should be given a chance. How about an extra bunch of free troops if some provinces are lost in the first war.
I think there should be a sequence of defence events for Jeruslem, with the troops of course.

Are the manpower gains from event 532015 supposed to be permanent? Seems a bit odd.
I believe so. not sure.

I think the events giving the Caliphate troops from it's allies shouldn't also raise relations. For one, they probably aren't too happy about giving troops away, and two, it seems like handing the player diplo-vassalization on a silver plater.
Well, they did comply to the Caliphs request, and it shows their invested faith in his ability to drive out the infidel.Dunno, thats what I think.

Events 532018 and 534306 both seem to be about the same thing, tolerating the people already Jerusalem. Since 534306 will convert the province with both options, event 532018 seems pretty strange.

Yeah, those came with the new Jeruslem events, perhaps the Caliphate should be exempted from them?

Note :

The Englightment events will be completely overhauled, Im going to add more options, some events. and revamping the whole thing for the Caliphate :) I will also take care to heighten the Sunni-Mutazelite conflict.

As for the Shiite province in Zahedan, I think I know why it exists, I think it is hardcoded in the game that at least one province must adhere to one of the main religions, and thus it exists..... :p not sure though!

Calipah said:
I think there should be a sequence of defence events for Jeruslem, with the troops of course.

I'm thinking JER should get new and improved 'Crusaders arrive' events which only trigger if it's a) at war, b) it's not too powerful. In fact, they should probably ONLY get free troops if they're at war; in peacetime they can get settlers and the like instead. The Abbasids' 'Jihad' events could trigger a specific response from the Papal States and Sicily, who are the countries most likely to come to the Crusaders' aid.

Calipah said:
As for the Shiite province in Zahedan, I think I know why it exists, I think it is hardcoded in the game that at least one province must adhere to one of the main religions, and thus it exists..... :p not sure though!

provs_1419, perhaps? I don't think there's anything which says all religions must have provinces in 1419, though I suppose they do in vanilla :confused:

Yes I was thinking of a counter Jeruslem crusade, like that of St Stephen.

Just a quick response to some points.

1. Thanks for spotting the various bugs. I will search for the aberrant (!) shiite province. I did change it in province.csv

2. The good relations are appropriate. The relations is a two-way thing. If Oman sends troops to the Caliph, sure the Caliph would like them more?

3. I think JER is just right. In playtesting I have seen the KoJ survive and thrive on several ocassions, but more often get crushed. This is the right balance IMO. the Kingdom of Jerusalem doing well should happen about 1 time in 8 to keep things varied and interesting.

4. I have already made chages to the JER file to exclude the Caliphate from the various cultural change events in the beta5 folder I started. Well spotten one and all!

5. Well spotted also on the Maya and Dichali evenbts relating to sunni/shiite. I had to keep it simple with the time available. The result is that I acknowledged the more likely religion, rather than scripting a lot more condition events (a real headache). Perhaps it can be argued that, while Mutazelite is not accepted as the state religion, the scholars and their thought was dominant in missionary work in the new world. It also sets up an interesting contradiction between Cordoba and Islamic Maya/Dichali.

6. Mutazelism must stay. It's a well-developed and cool and it works.

7. I agree they ought to get a couple more early conversions, or a Cordoban-only random event for Mutazelite conversion of its home provinces.

MattyG

Okay, this is sketchy work! :p it needs more events to continue the Mutazelite advance on ME, but for now, this looks good for the conflict in Egypt.I know I know, the triggers and everything else is wrong, but I suck there :eek:o

As for Zahedan may I suggest making a new world or some unimportant native province Mutazelite?

event = {
id = 410896
random = no
country = EGY
trigger = {
OR = {
event = 410892
event = 410893
}
stability = 1
OR = {
atwar = no
war = { country = CAL country = EGY }
}
}
name = "The Sultan Hears the Mutazili"
desc = "The conversion of Egypt was considered in history as a new chapter in the schism which ripped Islam apart, culminated by the Egyptian Civil war which saw the victory of the pro-Cordoba faction in spite of Baghdad's most determined efforts.Egypt had been influenced by the Mutazelite scholars for a long while, and they had already gained many converts amongst the populace.It was obvious for everyone involved that Egypt would eventually yeild to the new religious movement spanning most of North Africa and al-Andalus.It also served an important purpose, the complete break from Baghdad that Egypt so sorely desired.The Sultan declared himself a Mutazali adrehent on the Mihrab of the Al-Azhar Courtyard, the most prestigious sunni College in the Islamic World only rivaled by al-Mustansirriyah and Bayet al-Hikma in Baghdad, before a crowd of people.This provoked widespread rebellion, but also brought Egypt under the reign of the Mutazalite Imams. "
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1545 }
offset = 6000
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1819 }

action_a = {
name = "There is no God but God , Mohammed is the prophet of God, and logic is the only way to God!!"
command = { type = stability value = -3 }
command = { type = revoltrisk which = 120 value = 2 }
command = { type = revoltrisk which = 60 value = 2 }
command = { type = revoltrisk which = 30 value = 2 }
command = { type = religion which = shiite }
command = { type = conversion which = -2 }
command = { type = ADM which = -1 value = 90 }
command = { type = ADM which = -1 value = 50 }
command = { type = DIP which = -1 value = 90 }
command = { type = DIP which = -1 value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = CAL value = -50 }
command = { type = relation which = CRD value = 50 }
command = { type = trigger which = 1 }
}
action_b = {
name = "Interesting, but it is flawed"
command = { type = relation which = CAL value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = CRD value = -50 }
}
}
# Islamic religious conflict in Egypt.

event = {
id = 1
random = no
country = CAL
name = "Mutazelite Egypt"
desc = "The audacious conversion of the Sultan of Misr provoked outrage and anger throughout the Islamic -Sunni- World.A group of Sunni Imams and Ulema from the former Mosque and College of al-Azhar fled Egypt and took refuge in Baghdad.There, they convinced the Caliph to take action against Mutazelites of Misr and free the faithful from the tyranny of the heretics.Halting the Mutazelite tide by crushing their new found stronghold in Egypt would surly be a victory for the Sunnah of the Prophet Mohammed Peace be upon him."
style = 4
action_a = {
name = "Prepare to invade Egypt"
command = { type = casusbelli which = EGY value = 120 }
command = { type = casusbelli which = FAT value = 120 }
command = { type = casusbelli which = MAM value = 120 }
command = { type = relation which = EGY value = -200 }
command = { type = relation which = FAT value = -200 }
command = { type = relation which = MAM value = -200 }
command = { type = stability value = -1 }
command = { type = MIL which = 2 value = 180 }
command = { type = DIP which = -2 value = 180 }
command = { type = ADM which = -1 value = 180 }
command = { type = trigger which = Cordoba }
}
action_b = {
name = "Phhft who cares about Misr?"
command = { type = vp value = -10 }
}
}
event = {
id = Cordoba
random = no
country = CRD
name = "Mutazelite Egypt"
desc = "The Sultan of Misr had embraced Mutazelitism as the true interpretation of Islam, though the event was joyous for Cordoba, the news from Baghdad was worrying.The Caliph of the Abbasids, so it seems, was preparing for an invasion against Egypt, an act which may very well threaten Andalusian intrests and political power in North Africa and the East of the Mediterenian.Defending Egypt was nessicary and the Mutazelite Caliph had no choice but to pledge ample support to his Egyptian bretheren."
style = 4
action_a = {
name = "Send Support to Misr!"
command = { type = desertion which = -1 value = 15000 }
command = { type = desertion which = -1 value = 15000 }
command = { type = cash value = -300 }
command = { type = relation which = EGY value = 300 }
command = { type = trigger which = EgyptGetsHelp }
}
action_b = {
name = "Phhft who cares about Misr?"
command = { type = vp value = -10 }
}
}

event = {
id = EgyptGetsHelp
random = no
country = EGY
name = "Andalusian Support to Egypt!"
desc = "The Caliph of Cordoba has sent support for our war and has blessed
our cause, let us remember this gesture!"
action_a = {
name = "God bless the true Caliph!"
command = { type = inf which = -2 value = 15000 }
command = { type = cav which = -2 value = 15000 }
command = { type = cash value = 300 }
}
}
event = {
id = 2
random = no
country = CAL
trigger = {
event = 1
OR = { #Cataract
control = { province = 743 data = CAL }
NOT = { owned = { province = 743 data = EGY } }
}
OR = { #Alexandria
control = { province = 744 data = CAL }
NOT = { owned = { province = 744 data = EGY } }
}
OR = { #Delta
control = { province = 745 data = CAL }
NOT = { owned = { province = 745 data = EGY } }
}
OR = { #Egypt
control = { province = 746 data = CAL }
NOT = { owned = { province = 746 data = EGY } }
}
OR = { #Nile
control = { province = 747 data = CAL }
NOT = { owned = { province = 747 data = EGY } }
}
}
date = { year = 1545 }
offset = 10
deathdate = { year = 1555 }
name = "The collapse of Misr"
desc = "The Egyptian defences and army have failed to deter our forces, we have entered Egypt victoriously and the people greet us as liberators. "
style = 4
action_a = {
name = "Ya Allah!La illah illa ant!"
command = { type = inherit which = EGY }
event = {
id = Caliphal Choice
random = no
country = CAL
trigger = {
atwar = no
owned = { province = 744 data = CAL }
owned = { province = 745 data = CAL }
owned = { province = 746 data = CAL }
NOT = { exists = EGY }
NOT = { exists = FAT }
NOT = { exists = MAM }
}
date = { year = 1545 }
offset = 300
deathdate = { year = 1555 }
name = "The Fate of Misr"
desc = "Though the Abbasids were greeted as liberators in Egypt, the Caliphate was already ruling a vast Empire, and the Nile would merely be a burden to the Caliph's already gigantic bueracracy.Though one time or another, Misr was originally part of the Abbasid Caliphate, so the people's loyalty is not a matter of question.Calipah Ismail V , though an able administrator and perhaps the greatest Caliph the empire has ever seen since Harun A-Rashid, would not be able to organize the Egyptian beuracracy until much later. Putting aside Egypt's tax revenues, do we really wish to rule Egypt and be dragged down by more paper work?"
style = 4
action_a = {
name = "Let us keep Egypt"
command = { type = addcore which = 743 }
command = { type = addcore which = 744 }
command = { type = addcore which = 745 }
command = { type = addcore which = 746 }
command = { type = addcore which = 747 }
command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = -4 }
}
action_b = {
name = "Create a New Egyptian Kingdom instead"
command = { type = independence which = EGY }
command = { type = trigger which = SunniEgypt }
}
}

event = {
id = SunniEgypt
random = no
country = EGY
name = "Egypt's new dynasty"
desc = "The Sunni restoration in Misr has halted the Mutazelite advance on the Middle East, Egypt is once again a stronghold of Sunni Islam."
style = 4
name = "OK"
command = { type = capital which = 746 }
command = { type = religion which = sunni }
command = { type = stability value = -2 }
command = { type = provincereligion which = 746 value = sunni }
command = { type = trigger which = SunniEGYPTCRD }
}
}
event = {
id = SunniEGYPTCRD
random = no
country = CRD
name = "Egypt lapses to the Sunnah"
desc = "Egypt has been released as a Sunni vassal of the Abbasid Caliph , we have lost our influence in the East!.We can no longer expect the chance of establishing a Mutazelite stronghold in Cairo ever again!"
action_a = {
name = "Curses"
command = { type = relation which = EGY value = -250 }
command = { type = DIP which = -3 value = 120 }
}
}
#############################################################
If Caliphate did not liberate Egypt in time!
#############################################################
event = {
id = 5
random = no
country = CAL
trigger = {
event = 1
NOT = { event = 2 } #Collapse of Misr
atwar = no
}
name = "Egypt is Lost!"
desc = "The Caliphate's sluggish response to the events in Egypt, and inadequet performance has given the Mutazelites time to muster enough legitimacy of their religious reformation in Egypt.The Abbasid Court has lost much prestige by this debacle and the Muslim World has begun to question Abbasid legitimacy to the Caliphal throne."
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1556 }

action_a = {
name = "Curses"
command = { type = DIP which = -1 value = 120 }
command = { type = MIL which = -1 value = 120 }
command = { type = ADM which = -1 value = 120 }
command = { type = revoltrisk which = 120 value = 1 }
}
}
event = {
id = Egyptissafe
random = no
country = EGY
name = "Mutazelitism is victorious!"
desc = "The Caliphate's sluggish response to the events in Egypt, and inadequet performance has given the Mutazelites time to muster enough legitimacy of their religious reformation in Egypt.With that, the people of the Nile submited to the new doctorines of the Andalusian Wise men,for the old Sunni Imams and the Caliph had failed the Egyptians."
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1556 }

action_a = {
name = "Excellent!"
command = { type = conversion which = 746 }
command = { type = conversion which = 745 }
command = { type = conversion which = 747 }
command = { type = conversion which = 743 }
command = { type = conversion which = 744 }
command = { type = trigger which = EgyptianVictory! }
}
}
event = {
id = EgyptianVictory!
random = no
country = CRD
name = "Egypt is victorious"
desc = "Egypt has halted the advance of the Caliphate, and our Holy men are gaining converts in masses.We have established a Mutazelite Stronghold and a Projector of Andalusian intrests in the east."
action_a = {
name = "Excellent!"
command = { type = alliance which = EGY }
command = { type = relation which = EGY value = 200 }
command = { type = stability value = 1 }
}
}
############################################
Seconday Events for the Religious Outcome in the conflict!
############################################

#Establishment of Abbasid Egypt
event = {
id = 301022
trigger = control of Egypt and event of "The Fate of Misr"
random = no
country = CAL
name = "Order in Egypt"
desc = "The Abbasid Caliph Ismâ'îl V was determined to eliminate all potential administrative and political problems in Egypt in order to be able to take care of other matters in the Empire. Having defeated the Egyptian Royal Army, he turned on the Mutazelite heretics. At that time, the Mutazelite religious authority was already in a state of disorganization and its followers hopelessly scattered, and thus, they presented no real resistance to the Abbasids. With Egypt incorporated into the Abbasid Empire that now stretched over four Islamic Buldan (lands),the administration of the new African possession demanded the appointment of a Rifaa Emir, preferably a candidate from amongst the Arab nobility.Though Ismail prefered establishing a new branch of his beauracracy to Egypt, thus bringing the Nile under Imperial administration, the costs were astronomical even for his fiscal abilities."
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1560 }
style = 2

action_a = {
name = "Install a Rifaa Emir - High Emir- for Africa"
command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = 1 }
}
action_b = {
name = "Administrate Egypt from Baghdad"
command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = 3 }
command = { type = cash value = -750 }
command = { type = stability value = -1 }
}
}

#Andalusian Projection of Power

event = {
id = whatever
trigger = Egypt is victorious
random = no
country = EGY
name = "Egypt Projects Mutazelite Power"
desc = "The Egyptian Sultan, confidant by his recent victory over the Abbasids, was determined to expand on the wretched body of the Sunni Caliphate.Thus, he turned his eyes to the levant, a land upon which the Egyptians had centuries ago ruled as masters.With Mutazelite ingenuity and innovation, he was determined to bring Palestine under the control of the Mutazelites.Jeruslem's recovery by the Mutazelites would surly give the sect the legetimacy it desires in the eyes of the Muslim World."
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1560 }
style = 2

action_a = {
name = "Attack Palestine!"
# some tech advances I guess?
command = { type = addcore which = 485 }
command = { type = addcore which = 490 }
command = { type = addcore which = 491 }
command = { type = addcore which = 492 }
command = { type = addcore which = 493 }
command = { type = addcore which = 494 }
command = { type = add_countryculture which = syrian }
}
action_b = {
name = "Erm..."
}
}

Calipah,

Uber-productive, as usual.

Thanks for these events. I like the flow of them and the thought you have put in to them. I would personally adjust some of the commands, as I always do! :)

I will get these tidyed and written up into the Calipahte file for beta5 once others have had a chance to comment.

I did not fully understand your comment about the Mutazelite province.

MattyG

Well, go to the province file, and make The Azores shiite, and lets see what happens.Usually the province is colonized, so nobody would notice, and Zahedan will become sunni.

Just try it and tell us what happens!

No suggestions or thoughts? :(

Well I can't find a Cordoba thread so I will just stick this here.

In all my aberration games Cordoba will never attack the remaining Catholics in Iberia. This is just bad :( , not a single war from them in 100's of years.
I beleive that Cordoba must have this event firing for them at a set time not if they are at war.

Ibe event file said:
# Once war begins, the Sultanate must decide the nature of the conflict
event = {
id = 200510
trigger = {
OR = {
war = { country = CRD country = LEO } # Léon
war = { country = CRD country = ASU } # Asturias
war = { country = CRD country = PRT } # Porto
war = { country = CRD country = NAV } # Navarre
}
}
random = no
country = CRD
name = "The Reconquest of Iberia"
desc = "After stopping to draw breath following the desperate struggles of the 14th century, the Sultanate of Cordoba had once more been plunged into conflict with its Catholic neighbours in Iberia. What would the Sultan's goals be in this war? The subdual of the christians, or their destruction?"

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1419 }
offset = 30
deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1500 }

action_a = {
name = "Secure our borders from aggression"
command = { type = setflag which = RelCon_norm } # moderate conflict
command = { type = trigger which = 200511 } # reactions of Iberian Christians
command = { type = trigger which = 200512 }
command = { type = trigger which = 200513 }
command = { type = trigger which = 200514 }
}
action_b = {
name = "Jihad to expand the lands of the faith"
command = { type = setflag which = RelCon_hard } # religious conflict
command = { type = badboy value = 5 }
command = { type = addcore which = 431 } # Galicia
command = { type = addcore which = 432 } # Asturias
command = { type = addcore which = 433 } # Cantabria
command = { type = trigger which = 200511 } # reactions of Iberian Christians
command = { type = trigger which = 200512 }
command = { type = trigger which = 200513 }
command = { type = trigger which = 200514 }
command = { type = religiousrevolt which = -1 }
command = { type = religiousrevolt which = -1 }
command = { type = INF which = -2 value = 5000 }
command = { type = CAV which = -2 value = 2500 }
command = { type = INF which = -1 value = 5000 }
command = { type = CAV which = -3 value = 2500 }
command = { type = relation which = MOR value = 25 } # Muslim world is pleased
command = { type = relation which = FEZ value = 25 }
command = { type = relation which = ALD value = 25 }
command = { type = relation which = CAL value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = LEO value = -50 } # Christian world is not
command = { type = relation which = ASU value = -50 }
command = { type = relation which = PRT value = -50 }
command = { type = relation which = PAP value = -100 }
}
action_c = {
name = "Let them keep their lands"
command = { type = setflag which = RelCon_peace } # peaceful co-existance
command = { type = removecore which = 434 } # Oporto
command = { type = removecore which = 435 } # Léon
command = { type = provincetax which = 442 value = 1 } #Algarve
command = { type = provincetax which = 439 value = 1 } #Toledo
command = { type = provincetax which = 437 value = 1 } #Valencia
command = { type = provincetax which = 444 value = 2 } #Cordoba
command = { type = domestic which = innovative value = 1 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 200515 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 200516 }
command = { type = ai which = Cordoba_peaceful.ai } # Peaceful until the end of the Nasrid Dynasty
}
}

Just for reference I have played about 5 different starts with Normal/Very Hard and not once has Cordoba gone north, now that is in itself not a bad thing but then they should at least get the explorer that option gives them in this event.

I agree.

This king of event triggers for the Caliphate on the very first few days of the game and needs to be in place also for Cordoba. I have not had the poor run of wars with them that you have had, but they sometimes sit there and do nothing.

I noticed recently that I had misspelled their ai file so they are currently using a default ai which is very very peaceful, so that will contribute A LOT to the problem, but not explain 100 years without a conflict when they have cores on Asturias and Leon.

Let's have this event have two versions. One triggers as it currently does when Cordoba goes to war for the first time against the Iberians. The alternative includes war commands and triggers in about 1425 if they have NOT gone to war by then (obviously they also sleep one another).

However, I'll run it a few more times with the correct ai, and maybe up the ai war score to 20 and see if it is more common.

Stuff I sent MattyG, guessed you guys might be intrested in seeing them and commenting...

# The conquest of Baleares

event = {
id = ?????
random = no
country = CRD
name = "Cordoba's claim on the Baleares"
desc = "The Almohads conquered the Baleares in 1202 in the days of Caliph Al-Nasir.The islands had been a feud of the Almoravid family of the Banu Ganiya, who had prosperous commercial ties with a couple of countries in Southern Italy.The island contained a great number of Muslims of Andalusian background, and had been part of the Ummayed Caliphate for a while.Cordoba's claims on the island was considered valid by most except the Sultanate of Tlemscen, which considered the Belearic islands part of her legitimate inheritance of her Almohadi past."

style = 2
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1480 }
offset = 90
deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1500 }

action_a ={
name = "Conquer the islands"
command = { type = casusbelli which = ALD value = 36 }
command = { type = relation which = ALD value = -200 }
command = { type = addcore which = 821 }
command = { type = war which = ALD }
command = { type = cash value = -200 }
command = { type = relation which = GEN value = -25 }
command = { type = relation which = SIC value = -25 }
}
action_b ={
name = "Prepare for war"
command = { type = relation which = GEN value = -25 }
command = { type = relation which = SIC value = -25 }
command = { type = addcore which = 821 }
command = { type = relation which = ALD value = -100 }
command = { type = naval value = 250 }
command = { type = transports which = -1 value = 5 }
command = { type = cash value = -75 }
}
action_c ={
name = "No, it is not worth it"
command = { type = relation which = ALD value = 75 }
command = { type = relation which = GEN value = 25 }
command = { type = relation which = SIC value = 25 }
}
}
Next event in case of Belearic conquest by the infidel
event = {
id = ??????
trigger = {
event = GEN & SIC "The baleares events"
owned = { province = 821 data = CRD }
}
random = no
country = CRD
name = "The Baleares"
desc= "Upon securing The Baleares a Moorish administration was re-installed.The Andalusians in the island were encourged to return to the faith of their ancestors and fortifications were set up to secure the island from the spiteful Genoese and Sicilians."
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1500 }
offset = 720
deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1819 }

action_a = {
name = "Restore Muslim Rule to the Island"
command = { type = fortress which = 821 value = 1 }
command = { type = provinceculture which = 821 value = berber }
command = { type = conversion which = 821 }
command = { type = cash value = -100 }
}
action_b = {
name = "That fortress is too expensive"
command = { type = provinceculture which = 821 value = berber }
command = { type = conversion which = 821 }

Cordoba Random Events

#Chistian raids

event = {
id = ?????
trigger = {
neighbour = LEO
random = yes
country = CRD
name = "Leonese razzias!"
desc = "During this hectic period of uneasy peace between Cordoba and the Northern Kingdoms, christian raids were pretty habitual. Those attacks were not meant for territory domination, but for morale and bounty reasons."
style = 1

action_a ={
name = "The christians are upon us!"
command = { type = treasury value = -20 }
command = { type = casusbelli which = LEO value = 6 }
command = { type = relation which = LEO value = -25 }
}
}

event = {
id = ?????
trigger = {
neighbour = ASU
random = yes
country = CRD
name = "Asturiasn razzias!"
desc = "During this hectic period of uneasy peace between Cordoba and the Northern Kingdoms, christian raids were pretty habitual. Those attacks were not meant for territory domination, but for morale and bounty reasons."
style = 1

action_a ={
command = { type = casusbelli which = ASU value = 6 }
command = { type = relation which = ASU value = -25 }
}
}

event = {
id = ????
trigger = {
neighbour = PRT
}
random = yes
country = CRD
name = "Portuguese razzias!"
style = 1

action_a ={
command = { type = casusbelli which = PRT value = 6 }
command = { type = relation which = PRT value = -25 }
}
}

#Cordoban raids!

event = {
id = ?????
trigger = {
exists = LEO
neighbour = LEO
}
random = yes
country = CRD
name = "Cordoban razzia in Leon!"
desc = "During this hectic period of uneasy peace between Cordoba and the Northern Kingdoms, muslim raids carried into christian territory were pretty habitual. Those attacks were not meant for territory domination, but for morale and bounty reasons."
style = 1

action_a ={
name = "Great!"
command = { type = treasury value = 20 }
}
}

event = {
id = ???????
trigger = {
exists = ASU
neighbour = ASU
}
random = yes
country = CRD
name = "Cordoban razzia in Asutrias!"
desc = "During this hectic period of uneasy peace between Cordoba and the Northern Kingdoms, muslim raids carried into christian territory were pretty habitual. Those attacks were not meant for territory domination, but for morale and bounty reasons."
style = 1

action_a ={
name = "Great!"
}
}

event = {
id = ??????
trigger = {
exists = PRT
neighbour = PRT
}
random = yes
country = CRD
name = "Cordoban razzia in Porto!"
style = 0

action_a ={
name = "Great!"
command = { type = relation which = PRT value = -25 }
}
}

#Christian diplomats

event = {
id = ?????
trigger = {
exists = LEO
NOT = { war = { country = CRD country = LEO } }
}
random = yes
country = CRD
name = "Leonese ambassador asks for an audience"
desc = "In the everchanging relations between the Cordoba and the Christian kingdoms of the Peninsule, diplomats played a tremendous role in a game that some times led to a war or a peace."
style = 1

action_a = {
name = "Welcome him"
command = { type = relation which = LEO value = 25 }
command = { type = DIP which = 1 value = 24 }
}
action_b = {
name = "Turn him away"
command = { type = MIL which = 1 value = 24 }
}
}
#Christian diplomats

event = {
id = ?????
trigger = {
exists = ASU
NOT = { war = { country = CRD country = ASU} }
}
random = yes
country = CRD
name = "Asutrian ambassador asks for an audience"
desc = "In the everchanging relations between the Cordoba and the Christian kingdoms of the Peninsule, diplomats played a tremendous role in a game that some times led to a war or a peace."
style = 1

action_a = {
name = "Welcome him"
command = { type = relation which = ASU value = 25 }
}
action_b = {
name = "Turn him away"
command = { type = MIL which = 1 value = 24 }
}
}
#Christian diplomats

event = {
id = ?????
trigger = {
exists = PRT
NOT = { war = { country = CRD country = PRT } }
}
random = yes
country = CRD
name = "Portuguese ambassador asks for an audience"
style = 1

action_a = {
name = "Welcome him"
command = { type = relation which = PRT value = 25 }
}
Cultural Influence in Iberia and North Africa
event = {
id = ?????
trigger = {
owned = Valencia, Aragon, and Castilla(should be converted to Islam, Shia or Sunni)
}
random = no
country = CRD
name = "Al-Andalus's Influence in the East"
desc = "The refined society from Al-Andalus was a mixture of perfumed ambients, spicy food and a great sensibility for all artistic matters: poetry, music, painting.During Muslim rule of the eastern cities in Iberia, such as Valencia, Zaragoza, and Mostoles, the people were arabized.However , due to the Christian reconquest, coupled by the Inquisition, Andalusian influences receded from the region.Now with Cordoba on the rise again, it was only natural for the people of the region to revert and embrace Andalusian tastes , art, and culture once again."
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1492 } *Begins a bit late I guess
offset = 60
deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1700 }
action_a ={
name = "Was only a matter of time I guess"

}
event = {
id = ?????
trigger = {
owned = Tago, Algarve, and Badajoz(should be converted to Islam, Shia or Sunni)
}
random = no
country = CRD
name = "Al-Andalus's Influence in the West"
desc = "The refined society from Al-Andalus was a mixture of perfumed ambients, spicy food and a great sensibility for all artistic matters: poetry, music, painting.During Muslim rule of the western cities in Iberia, such as Badajoz, Elvas, and Lisbon, the people were arabized.However , due to the Christian reconquest, coupled by the Inquisition, Andalusian influences receded from the region.Now with Cordoba on the rise again, it was only natural for the people of the region to revert and embrace Andalusian tastes , art, and culture once again."
offset = 60
action_a ={
}
event = {
id = ?????
trigger = {
owned = Leon and Oporto (should be converted to Islam, Shia or Sunni)
}
random = no
country = CRD
name = "Al-Andalus's Influence in the North"
desc = "The refined society from Al-Andalus was a mixture of perfumed ambients, spicy food and a great sensibility for all artistic matters: poetry, music, painting.Though Oporto and Leon were strongholds of the Christian Kingdoms in the past, the people's conversion to Islam simply introduced Andalusian culture to the North."
offset = 60
action_a ={
command = { type = provinceculture which = ???? value = berber }
command = { type = provinceculture which = ???? value = berber }

}

By the way, I didnt add Barcelona because the Muslims only ruled the city for roughly 80 years, no justification in changing Occitania to andalusi.Same applies to al-Zagir, "The Rock" region of the north.

Calipah,

Here is another little event idea, mostly something players will use, rather than the AI.

Assuming that the caliphate is destroyed by another Islamic nation (Egypt the most likely, but Cordoba also a possibility) then the issue of "Who is the Caliph" kinda comes up.

Presumably whomever conquered the Caliphate would assume the title, because of its prestige and authority. There isn't too much we can do in-game for them, but here are some ideas:

1. Stab increase (short-term benefit)

2. RR decrease (short-term again)

3. DIP rating increase (for as long as we want to give it, we could always have it increase all the Monarchs DIP ratings, for the rest of the game, to reflect the Caliph's authority.

4. Gain cores on most of the old Caliphate?

Here's how it might look:

event = {
id = xxxxxx
random = no
province = Bagdhad
trigger = {
NOT = { exists = CAL }
owned = { province = Bagdhad data = -1 }
OR = {
religion = sunni
religion = shiite #or maybe just sunni????
}
stability = 0
}
name = "A New Caliph, A New Dynasty"
desc = "With the corrupt and licentious Abbasids having been swept away by you, the agent of Allah's will, the Islamic world rejoices as one that a new a just Caliph rules in Bagdhad."
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1419 }
offset = 200
deatdate = { day = 1 month = december year = 1700 } #the institution has lapsed somewhat by then???

action_a = {
name = "Excellent, But Our Capital Stays"
command = { type = stability value = 3 }
command = { type = revoltrisk which = 120 value = -1 }
command = { type = revoltrisk which = 60 value = -1 }
command = { type = DIP which = 1 value = 3000 }
command = { type = addcore which = Bagdad }
command = { type = addcore which = etc etc etc }
}
action_b = {
name = "Excellent, Make Bagdhad the Capital"
command = { type = stability value = 3 }
command = { type = revoltrisk which = 120 value = -1 }
command = { type = revoltrisk which = 60 value = -1 }
command = { type = DIP which = 1 value = 3000 }
command = { type = Capital which = Bagdhad }
command = { type = addcore which = Bagdhad }
command = { type = addcore which = etc etc etc }
}
}

Matty

Last edited:
mmmmm things dont go like that - even when the Abbasid Caliphate was destroyed by the Mongols in 1258 , the Abbasids remained the holders of the title, they lived in Egypt under the Mamelukes who claimed to be the protectors.Same thing with the Turks, and even then the title was transfered, not that thy conquered Iraq or anything.

Perhaps if the Abbasid Caliphate is no more - one could claim to be the Caliph - Egypt most likely, OR gives the Abbasid House refuge and supports them in reclaiming their lands.

Hmmm, OK.

But something is needed. If another Islamic country conquers the Caliphate there would need to be some kind of fall out.

Maybe, the event needs to be that, once down to just one or two provinces, the Caliph offers to be annexed in exchange for his families independence and by remaining the 'religious head' of the new country?

MattyG

MattyG said:
Hmmm, OK.

But something is needed. If another Islamic country conquers the Caliphate there would need to be some kind of fall out.

Maybe, the event needs to be that, once down to just one or two provinces, the Caliph offers to be annexed in exchange for his families independence and by remaining the 'religious head' of the new country?

MattyG

Yeah - thats a fine idea actually , though I doubt the event will ever trigger in my games ;)

But the event should trigger to the closest Muslim state, not one that is far away.The Caliph wont turn to the Ill-Khans, or the Emperor, or the King of Jeruslem "if they exist" - but shoudl turn to Hedjaz, or Oman, OR EVEN CORDOBA.

Though, if something like that occurs, we should create something similar to the Byzantines.I have a conquest of Constantinople in mind.

Calipah said:
Yeah - thats a fine idea actually , though I doubt the event will ever trigger in my games ;)

But the event should trigger to the closest Muslim state, not one that is far away.The Caliph wont turn to the Ill-Khans, or the Emperor, or the King of Jeruslem "if they exist" - but shoudl turn to Hedjaz, or Oman, OR EVEN CORDOBA.

Though, if something like that occurs, we should create something similar to the Byzantines.I have a conquest of Constantinople in mind.

For the Byzantines, it isn't quite the same thing. However, the apporpriate event might be a "Patriarch Flees Constantiople" event, where he leaves prior to the fall of the city and establishes the 'centre' of the Orthodox Church in the nearest likely candidate location.

I imagined the Caliph event only to occur for another Muslim country, not the KoJ, for example. I guess we'd need two different kinds: one that is for a muslim country which 'takes over' the Caliph's authority even while the Abassid family themselves may formerly continue in the post. Another for a non-Muslim country that hits the Caliphate and - like the Patriarch event above - the Caliph flees to take refuge in another state.

Would this then Become the Caliphate? Would, for example, Egypt, allow the Caliph to rule there instead? The politics would be intriguing....

As you say, the most intriguing situation is when Cordoba vassalises the caliphate or Ccaptures it oughtright and forces the Caliph to convert to Mutazelism. :D

So, if only the Abassid family can be caliphs, what happened to the Caliphs and who is the caliph today? (Sorry for my ignorance of the Islamic world.)

MattyG said:
Would this then Become the Caliphate? Would, for example, Egypt, allow the Caliph to rule there instead? The politics would be intriguing....

As you say, the most intriguing situation is when Cordoba vassalises the caliphate or Ccaptures it oughtright and forces the Caliph to convert to Mutazelism. :D

So, if only the Abassid family can be caliphs, what happened to the Caliphs and who is the caliph today? (Sorry for my ignorance of the Islamic world.)

Historically, when the Abbasids lost their political control of Iraq they were no more than puppets (prior to the event, the Turkish Guard took control of the Palace, but the Abbasids attempted to re-assert control).The Caliph would never attempt to take control...unless he was Ismail ;) who I assume, would be a genuis in any place.

Well, what happened to the Caliphs?simply the title was moved from the Abbasid house to the Ottoman House after the conquest of Egypt.When the Caliphate was destroyed in 1924 by the Kamalist in Turkey, and the Ottoman house exiled and declared obsolete, the King of the Arabs in Hedjaz declared himself as Caliph - to the distaste of Muslims everywhere since he didnt take the opinion of any of the Ulema.Eventually, that too was destroyed by the Saudi invasion of the Hedjaz.Perhaps for the better.So far, we not choosen a Caliph because well...it has too many religious and political implications wed rather not touch right now :D

Calipah said:
Historically, when the Abbasids lost their political control of Iraq they were no more than puppets (prior to the event, the Turkish Guard took control of the Palace, but the Abbasids attempted to re-assert control).The Caliph would never attempt to take control...unless he was Ismail ;) who I assume, would be a genuis in any place.

Well, what happened to the Caliphs?simply the title was moved from the Abbasid house to the Ottoman House after the conquest of Egypt.When the Caliphate was destroyed in 1924 by the Kamalist in Turkey, and the Ottoman house exiled and declared obsolete, the King of the Arabs in Hedjaz declared himself as Caliph - to the distaste of Muslims everywhere since he didnt take the opinion of any of the Ulema.Eventually, that too was destroyed by the Saudi invasion of the Hedjaz.Perhaps for the better.So far, we not choosen a Caliph because well...it has too many religious and political implications wed rather not touch right now :D

OK, all much clearer now.

But surely the Ottomans could not simply 'take' the title if it were hereditary? There must be direct heirs of the lasts of the Abassids who could theaoretically claim the title. Assuming they were sufficiently orthodox, what would the average muslim think of this? Or is the whole notion of a Caliph simply outdated in most of the Islamic world?