Calamatous Birth meteors should be planet devastating weapons

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

AJarlsjo

Corporal
16 Badges
Jan 20, 2023
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
A calamitous birth colony ship should be able to be used offensively in wars, causing mass devastation to a world and spawning several angry lithoid armies to attack the world's defenders. As of right now this origin is fairly underwhelming, (as are lithoids in general), so giving this underused origin some cool flavor and a very powerful tool in early warfare would be heaps of fun if balanced properly.

• 6Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I don't personally have the lithoids DLC, so I can't speak for the gameplay implications, but flavorwise, big time yes. The capacity to make and send asteroids of cataclysmic proportions should be something akin to a colossus – something to be feared! As it stands, the only planets that have anything to fear from the lithoid asteroid express are uncolonized ones.

• 5Like
Reactions:
This would be a great idea if ground combat were not Stellaris' most neglected feature (and no, I'm not saying it's the most pressing or important thing to address, but it has been only fiddled with since release).

I don't feel like a feature that requires players to build a colony ship, not send it anywhere, and then add an extra button to it that's "Land even more aggressively" is *entirely* necessary.

Especially when there's a better solution: Giving Calamitous Birth empire access to a special Transport Craft or Army that applies a *huge* Devastation upon landing, at the cost of not being able to recover the Army after the fact. Tie things to the things they're already doing. If you want an addition to Invasions for Calamitous Birth empires, make it part of what Invasions already entail.

• 6Like
Reactions:
I don't feel like a feature that requires players to build a colony ship, not send it anywhere, and then add an extra button to it that's "Land even more aggressively" is *entirely* necessary.

Especially when there's a better solution: Giving Calamitous Birth empire access to a special Transport Craft or Army that applies a *huge* Devastation upon landing, at the cost of not being able to recover the Army after the fact. Tie things to the things they're already doing. If you want an addition to Invasions for Calamitous Birth empires, make it part of what Invasions already entail.
I like the idea of it improving transport craft to be living angry meteors while not messing with the functionality of meteor colony ships

Reactions:
A calamitous birth colony ship should be able to be used offensively in wars, causing mass devastation to a world and spawning several angry lithoid armies to attack the world's defenders. As of right now this origin is fairly underwhelming, (as are lithoids in general), so giving this underused origin some cool flavor and a very powerful tool in early warfare would be heaps of fun if balanced properly.
Most importantly it should also be used in times of peace, because it is a natural disaster.
They should also be upgradable. Maybe one can choose between different types of Meteorites with various effects. Some with more armies, some destroy habitability, others send pops or destroy buildings etc. The meteories could be countered by simply shooting them like the other Meteor Events.
The Meteor should also directly appear in the enemy system instead of traveling the Hyperlanes.

Reactions: