• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
HistoryMan said:
On a related note, units that go into the force pool for Strategic Redeployment now only lose 1/2 their Org. I would favour the same thing for units being upgraded - after all, the unit personnel remain together, they merely get new equipment. Mind you, the 1/2 Org penalty for rebasing an air unit also seems harsh to me - especially if you have short range units, and need to move them from (say) France to Russia, you will have to rebase them several times, or strategically redeploy them - perhaps only losing 1/4 of their Org for a rebase might seeme more sensible ?

That is something controlled by the program itself and can't be modded. try posting that in one of the main threads, but I doubt you will see anything like that in a patch for HoI1, maybe HoI2 though.

And a third point (to avoid double post issues, everything is in 1 post today.. lol)

Sometimes, I want one of my tech advances to be reliant on you having developed 1 or 2 (or more) previous techs - anyone know how to set the tech command to use OR triggers, as it were ? Is it possible even ?

Tim

It isn't possible. The pre-reqs for a tech are listed linearly. All you get is a listing which you insert the tech numbers (ie { 6013 6014 }). We are limited to requiring all of the techs listed within the brackets. MDow

PaxMondo said:
AI does do unit upgrades. Watch the SOV unit numbers and types on the national army page, you'll periodicaly see all the panzers disappear from the ledger and go into upgrade.

Now, does it know to upgrade MECH/MOT/INF? Now that is a very pertinent question ....

I've seen the computer do this for nations not under your control. However, it is different for nation's you assume military control over i.e. minor allies, puppets...These nations units are not upgraded by the country once under your control. The bonuses for the techs requiring an upgrade cost are not passed along to these units. Only newly built units receive the bonus.

On a side note, it would be nice to have the option to upgrade controlled nations units to better models without having to disabnd them. :wacko:

I don't know whether it's still feasible to keep suggesting techs as it's been about 6 months now since the last one, but if not just ignore this one :)

How about an optional air doctrine for naval bombers, focusing their design around range in exchange for some defense and/or payload? I mean, have somewhat weaker naval bombers with an increased range; since IIRC Repulse and Prince of Wales were sunk by naval bombers the allies thought were unable to reach them? Ok, going for improved and advanced naval bombers is better, but takes far longer and is more expensive. I want some more range now! :D
Although this might be overdoing it a little, I just thought I'd suggest it anyway :rolleyes: