• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Pax Mondo said:
One way to handle this might be a few events which give some productivity improvements in return for all the consumer goods spending that you are doing. thoughts?

I don't think that there is a way to check for the level of CG expenditures. It's out of the event parameters AFAIK. While it would be nice, I don't think it possible to work this in this particular way ATM.

JRaup said:
I don't think that there is a way to check for the level of CG expenditures. It's out of the event parameters AFAIK. While it would be nice, I don't think it possible to work this in this particular way ATM.
You can check for dissent and WE level, and by that make pretty accurate guesses about CG expenditures.

Ilkhold said:
You can check for dissent and WE level, and by that make pretty accurate guesses about CG expenditures.

Exactly my thoughts. The way the US WE goes, it is very predictable based upon the outcome of certain events and the date. Just time it to happen with a few of those, and i think you are home free. Like maybe the Oil Embargo event? and of course once the US joins the war, that is a key trigger ...

US Tech

One of the new proposed techs in the Nuke Tree is a USA only "Big Science" Industrial Laboratory (think Bell Labs, Berkeley Rad Lab, RCA, etc.) that cuts R&D by a few percent. The way the tech tree is set up, you couldn't possibly get there before 1938 and you probably won't get there until 1939 or early 1940. IC are fungible so less IC for research is more IC for units.

Several other points to bear in mind:
- US unemployment was still up around 10% in 1940. There were a lot of idle hands ready to go work. That almost suggests some Keynesian budget events "Deficit Spending Reduces Unemployment" - improve IC by x%.
- Allied war purchases put people to work, too. That says just tune the "Arsenal of Democracy" events for more or less increase in IC.
- You've seen my monster strike events for 1937-1939 to simulate labor unrest. I still think starting the USA from a slightly higher point, hitting it with labor unrest in the immediate pre-war to drive the Recession of 1938, and then letting things return to normal in 1940/41 but a bit above the current level, is an arguable representation of the socio-economic situation.
- I like the idea of a pilot training tech. A lot of the advantage that the Allies had in 1944 and 1945 was that their pilots got so much better so much faster than their Axis contemporaries. I've got an event for that in my files.
- My "Dam Pack" included a large number of events where the completion of various TVA and Corps of Engineers dams would typically add 1 IC to a province. Some of those made it into the release, but you could look at including more (they run on into 1940s) as a tangible translation of federal budget into industrial infrastructure.

It seems I need to pull that stuff together and put it back over in the Wiki for you to look at. I could run the USA to a historical 12/7/41 OOB with historical tech levels and a nearly historical build queue, but it was back on V0.63. Naturally, it would need retuning for V0.8. It also turns the USA into a voracious resource hog and steel ultimately sets the limit for the economy (no pun intended).

Supply?

I think supply is a big issue in the game right now. The current version of 1.06 has a major problem, can it be fixed in C.O.R.E. A depot system unit(with levels maybe on what it can hold in oil, and suppy) or infrastruture limit on supply might make it more realistic. The problem with depot system you would have to be able to set it up as a convoy or it is auto supplied to it's level if connected to home by land or convoy. :)

SkyElf said:
I think supply is a big issue in the game right now. The current version of 1.06 has a major problem, can it be fixed in C.O.R.E. A depot system unit(with levels maybe on what it can hold in oil, and suppy) or infrastruture limit on supply might make it more realistic. The problem with depot system you would have to be able to set it up as a convoy or it is auto supplied to it's level if connected to home by land or convoy. :)

I am afraid that we cannot add new unit types or mod the supply system

Ghost_dk