• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
2 questions?
1st:Why arent any resources in Korean soil?I am pretty sure that JAP were taking coal and maybe other minerals as well so what happened to them?
2nd:Why isnt any oil in Libya,i remember that even in 1930's ITA was drilling some but as it is now its simply pointless as a colony in terms of resources.Also the Italian captured Aegean islands shouldnt produce either coal or steel.There is nothinh like that over there.

About Libya, no idea. Do you have some sources on that?

Regarding Korea, today is the 30th of June, the anniversary of the post quoted below. If you've got good info on this then please post it along with what sources you are using :)

Steel said:
One of my major frustrations about post-war Korea is resources. It's easy enough to just give them big stockpiles but if there is anybody out there with a good idea about the economics of the region then I'd appreciate some comment on the resource and manpower levels that Paradox gave Korea.

Code:
ID	Name		Modern Country	Climate		Terrain		IC	MP	Oil	Steel	Coal	Rubber
1664	Kange		North Korea	Temperate	mountain	1	1	0	0	0	0
1665	Seishin		North Korea	Temperate	mountain	0	1	0	0	0	0
1666	Kanko		North Korea	Temperate	mountain	1	1	0	0	0	0
1668	Sinuiju		North Korea	Mediterranean	mountain	0	20	0	0	0	0
1671	Genzan		North Korea	Temperate	mountain	1	1	0	0	0	0
1672	Heijo		North Korea	Temperate	mountain	3	1	0	0	0	0
1673		Shunsen	South Korea	Temperate	mountain	1	1	0	0	0	0
1674	Keijo		South Korea	Temperate	mountain	3	10	0	0	0	0
1675	Taikyu		South Korea	Temperate	mountain	0	1	0	0	0	0
1676	Koshu		South Korea	Mediterranean	mountain	1	1	0	0	0	0
1678	Fuzan		South Korea	Mediterranean	mountain	1	2	0	0	0	0
1677	Saishu		South Korea	Mediterranean	mountain	1	1	0	0	0	0

Actually i have sources for both countries but dont know how to post links any ideas.
About Koreas MP,JAP eventually conscripted 120000 to 240000 Koreans as labour units and POW camps guards.I will check again however.

Well, in Victoria Korea does produce a good deal of coal in the north. :D

I noticed that even in the current version of Core 0.90 with the 0.91 fixitpack Korea does not produce a single unit of coal in all it´s 11 provinces. How can that be when during the japanese reign large-scale coal production started?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korea_Coal

This map of nowadays mines of Korean Coal in Korea might give an idea of where at least a symbolic value of 1 coal should be given:
https://www.kocoal.or.kr/english/img/introduction_007t1img.gif

Excellent thanks for the links!

You will be pleased to hear that we are actually currently discussing (at Stony site )the placement of resources in Korea on the map not only for Japs but so post war North & south can have Economies.

http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/showthread.php?t=8996

Dr

hi!

yes as Dr Rare stated the major reason to add coal and steel (in serious amounts) are the two koreas. same reason to re-arrange the IC distribution there as you can not build anything if not at least one IC point is there (ai does build some times forts, but never AA or other things).

i would like to add 30 - 40 coal and steel each in north and south. this is indeed a lot but an ai - controlled Japan wont build more ic anyway (already tested in a 36 - 55 game).
a human player, however, can exploit this situation but this means you can decide to not build it and/or choose a more difficult level (but - having played japan in hard-core after 2 hard-core games wth germany and 3 in hard, i can assure you that japan is far more demanding to play anyway).

bm

Yes as BM stated;)

This is something that will be changed as we all seem to concur on it and it was being discussed here before Hoi2 caused the Hoi1 Brain drain and would no doubt have been implemented earlier if work had not stopped.

I like BM's numbers....It should ensure more playability in the region post war and although will be a boost to Japan during the war in game this is not a problem.As Japan is almost impossible to AI mod properly and is modded to be more of a hinderence to the Human or AI allied player rather than a true challenge like Germany.

Really good to see some feedback and activity here in P'Dox Hoi1 CORE subforum again:cool:

Dr

Oil in Columbia?

The description of Columbia (the one you see when you start a scenario and select the country) read that starting in 1905 columbia was exporting petroleum - yet Columbia has only 7 points of oil in it´s capital province, similar to most other non-oil-producing countries. While for example it´s neighbour Venezuela has 160 points in one province alone.

Columbia also has no trade deal on the world market to sell oil.

Does anyone have data on how much oil Columbia did produce in that time and if more oil ought to be added on the map and a trade deal exporting oil?

Edit:

I found no historical values for oilproduction. This german article mentions oildeposits of states:
http://www.focus.de/politik/deutschland/sicherheit-bedingt-abwehrbereit_aid_201364.html

ZENTRAL-/SÜDAMERIKA

nachgewiesene Ölreserven in Mrd. Barrel

Argentinien 2,9

Brasilien 8,3

Kolumbien 1,8

Ecuador 4,6

Peru 0,3

Trinidad & Tobago 0,7

Venezuela 77,8

andere 2,0

gesamt 96,4

Ingame Venezuela currently produces 184 units of oil in all it´s provinces.
Columbia produces 7 (only it the capital province).

If I set the gamevalues in relation to the realworlddeposits then I would get
Columbia 7 : 8,3 * 77,8 ==> should be 65,61 for Venezuela.

Venezuela 184 : 77,8 * 8,3 ==> should be 19,63 for Columbia.

If someone finds some historical values for oilproduction between 1936 and 1948 that would be better. But as long as we don´t have such numbers I suggest to either
- lower Venezuela´s oil from a total of 184 to 66 OR
- raise Columbia´s oil from a total of 7 to 20 and add a small trade deal of Columbia to sell oil to the world market to the starting scenarios.

Last edited: