• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How does province.inc work? Is it loaded only at game start or at game load? (could make things really strange. I retook my provinces, time to reload to make them produce what they should)

It's a pity about the mod-dir thing, I agree that we should avoid breaking the vanilla HOI. (Although some might think we would be doing it a favour :))

Would it be possible to create the province.inc for the normal mod and include an alternate province.csv? People could then choose if they wanted the changes to become permanent. A perl script could help in keeping the province.inc and province.csv changes consistent (i.e., change province.inc and province.csv will follow)

Originally posted by Gwalcmai
How does province.inc work? Is it loaded only at game start or at game load? (could make things really strange. I retook my provinces, time to reload to make them produce what they should)

It's a pity about the mod-dir thing, I agree that we should avoid breaking the vanilla HOI. (Although some might think we would be doing it a favour :))

Would it be possible to create the province.inc for the normal mod and include an alternate province.csv? People could then choose if they wanted the changes to become permanent. A perl script could help in keeping the province.inc and province.csv changes consistent (i.e., change province.inc and province.csv will follow)

If there's any file differences it breaks MP. Two options:

- Paradox fixes moddir bug
- Use the current option (rename province.csv and install new, users can swap back)

a smal issue I came by useing the Province.csv...

Can U add the Port in Luebeck pls ?:D

not sure if CORE added more ports, I think so, but since I play Germany a lot I am used to Luebeck port. I try to use 'no beach' ports as often as I can for my fleets for more protection and Luebeck is the 1st in the Baltic sea that falls under that :)

thx

Originally posted by Steel
Then add your comments here to get moderator or Paradox feedback on this.

Remember that mod-dir does NOT work with province.csv and that as far as possible C.O.R.E. should not break vanilla HoI. The changes discsussed here would significantly change vanilla HoI if put into province.csv.

just my 2 cent..

Who playes Vanila HoI if he has the C.O.R.E Mod ?
I dont!
..and if I wanted too I could backup the vanila Province.csv and vice versa..no big deal to copy a file.
Some ppl even have 2 Installs of HOI...

I use Mithels Province.csv atm and it works out fine. It may not be perfected yet but its at least a way to stableize the wolrdmarket .

Re: Port symbol

Originally posted by Ögedei Khan
Your new port symbol seems for me to be to big. So I would vote either to make it smaller or to switch back to the original one by Paradox.

Just delete or rename ..\mod-CORE\gfx\map\harbour.bmp

Port symbol location

I have posted this on the bug report forum and it was accepted by Vulture. Do I have to post such things here again, or is there a cooperation between Vulture and CORE?

Port symbol location
is inside the province for:
Bandar Abbas - should be further south
St.Helena - causes problems when naval and land units are present, because the ships are under the land units
Tahiti - same as St.Helena

What I have testet, works fine (province.csv)
ID, Province, PortXPos, PortYPos, (originalX,Y)
1414 Bandar Abbas 12606,3195 (12626,3118)
0469 St.Helena 8930,5300 (8898,5300)
0067 Tahiti 1836,5449 (1856,5479)

Re: Port symbol location

Originally posted by Ögedei Khan
I have posted this on the bug report forum and it was accepted by Vulture. Do I have to post such things here again, or is there a cooperation between Vulture and CORE?

Did you ever check the Meta thread that I linked to in the thread where you reported these positioning fixes originally? That is the best place to report these problems and their fixes. :) As you can see from that thread the C.O.R.E. team is very active as far as province.csv fixes are concerned.

I hope it's in the Good place!

About the Province.csv and ressources matter, New Caledonia seem to get no ressources on steel.

This Island was (is?) one of the very few place on the world with good amount of nickel ressources (after Canada, USSR).

I look on the internet source you gave for the raw material production in 1937 and it gave the rather important production that New caledonia already have at the time.

Nickel is sth pretty importante to get some high quality steel. This type of steel are needed for the industry when it came to tooling the line.

New Caledoia was occupied by the US during WWII like base for the US navy but i don't know about the Nickel production fate.

Any way?

Is there any way to edit provinces in the CORE mod without having to edit the CSV like with the editor for vanilla HOI?

What I really don't like is the placement of the armies (counters or sprites). Oftentimes they are located almost in another province.

I see the x-y coordinates in the files. Any way to figure out just how much to alter them to move the centering point?

Mithel, does your utility help with this?

Originally posted by Phil K
What I really don't like is the placement of the armies (counters or sprites). Oftentimes they are located almost in another province.

I see the x-y coordinates in the files. Any way to figure out just how much to alter them to move the centering point?

Mithel, does your utility help with this?

It's pixel by pixel and quite easy (but very tedious) to work with.

Originally posted by Phil K
Yes, tedious it looks to be.

So what figures do I alter to move a point west, north, etc?
I would use Excel, open the province.csv and select cell C2, choose window and fix. Then you have to search for the X and Y values, you try to change. X means horizontal position/east,west; Y vertical position/north, south. So
lower X -> move west
higher X -> move east
lower Y -> move south
higher Y -> move north

Question to Steel: Will you take over Mithel's province.csv? It looks great to me.

Last edited:
After using the provinces.inc file for the last few versions of the mod we are now discussing moving to province.csv for all the changes relating to resources and terrain. If anybody has objections to this then now would be a good time to raise them. Some changes will be in v0.71, others will follow in v0.72.

Santa Cruz, Bolivia should be desert- the Gran chalco desert- just thought I would state this here too. It is two times the desert that Patagonia is! It makes the Chihuahua desert look like Palm Springs!

Also Timmin's port should be on the Hudson bay if it actually opens on Hudson bay.

P.S.- Thanks for Port Glasgow!