• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Canadian Model planes:

Adv. Jet Fighter- Canadair "CF-86 Sabre Mk. 6" (Max Speed-1080km/h; 6 .50 Cal MG's and bomb/rocket racks)

Basic Transport Plane- "Expeditor" made by Beech model 18: Cruising speed of 247km/h max range of 1448 km

Early VTOL Fighter- "CL-84 Dynavert" built by Canadair in the 60's (the design model for the NORAD built Osprey) max. speed 531 km/h range 675 km (prototype stats) 90 degree wing tilt and all. For a pic- http://www.wcam.mb.ca/AC/CANADAIRCL-84.html

Advanced Transport Plane- Canadair "North Star"- similar in performance to the DC-6
OR- the Fairchild C-119F Flying Boxcar- specially made for paratroops
This should help in the model names for the Canadian Aircraft.

P.S. RCAF forever!

Last edited:
I am not a linguist. But I do speak passable Bulgarian. For infantry and cavalry, you have terms pekhota and konnica, respectively. Pekhota means literally "those who walk", used as a noun. Konnica means cavalry, literally being a plural of noun horse, modified a little to represent a large group of horses as a singular entity. Slavic languages allow nouns that only exist in the singular form, that represent a large quantity. Russians used the same term for infantry, pekhota. For cavalry they commonly used a Slavic modification of the word cavalry. The term used for such a unit is kavaleryskaya dyviziya.

As you can see, the main difference lies in use of a foreign-adapted term in the Russian case. Cavalry, as a word in English language, comes from the French term cheval, which I believe means horse (or knight, I can never remember which).

As a side note, if you are a native or a reasonably proficient speaker of any modern Slavic language (Polish, Czech, Slovenian, Croatian, Serbian, Macedonian, Bulgarian, Russian) you can get yourself understood in any other modern Slavic language. As a group, Slavic languages have remained fairly similar to each other. Up until 9th century or so they were all one language - old Slavic. Another comparable group of language in that situation are Romance languages: Italian, Latin, Spanish, and Portuguese (some might add Romanian to this list).

If you are interested in learning more on this topic, I can produce longer rants at will.... :)

Zerli

What's this with '44 Infantry? I don't get it. The '44 Infantry division was a German re-organization, cutting some overhead while basically maintaining the effective combat strength of the division. It has nothing to do with any other army in the world (which by the way also more or less frequently reorganize their basic organizations).
The '44 division was again revised in the autumn of 1944, the new standard organization adopted known as the "Volksgrenadierdivision".
Although there was precious little standard about German divisions in '44.

And '44 Cavalry? C'mon!

hmm, why don't SS troopers got different sprites?

Long black coats would be nice.

Waffen-SS used the same field grey as the army (basically a rather green uniform jacket with grey trousers). There were some minor differences regarding how various SS uniforms were cut compared to various Heer uniforms (pocket cuffs and stuff), provided they weren't issued identical field blouses, but you'd have to be an expert to tell the difference. At any sort of distance it won't matter.

Last edited:
Now, I have found some errors in the swedish submarine model names. Can someone be so kind as to tell me what the statistics are for the following submarine types(deplacement, weight, armament and so on)? Then I will see if I can update the mdel names.

MODEL_22_1;Aviation Submarine;;;;;;;;;;X
MODEL_22_2;Basic Short Range Submarine;;;;;;;;;;X
MODEL_22_3;Basic Medium Range Submarine;;;;;;;;;;X
MODEL_22_4;Cruiser Submarine;;;;;;;;;;X
MODEL_22_5;Improved Short Range Submarine;;;;;;;;;;X
MODEL_22_6;Basic Long Range Submarine;;;;;;;;;;X
MODEL_22_7;Improved Medium Range Submarine;;;;;;;;;;X
MODEL_22_8;Advanced Short Range Submarine;;;;;;;;;;X
MODEL_22_9;Improved Long Range Submarine;;;;;;;;;;X
MODEL_22_10;Advanced Medium Range Submarine;;;;;;;;;;X
MODEL_22_11;Semi-Modern Short Range Submarine;;;;;;;;;;X
MODEL_22_12;Advanced Long Range Submarine;;;;;;;;;;X
MODEL_22_13;Semi-Modern Medium Range Submarine;;;;;;;;;;X
MODEL_22_14;Basic Closed Cycle Short Range Submarine;;;;;;;;;;X
MODEL_22_15;Basic Walter Engine Short Range Submarine;;;;;;;;;;X
MODEL_22_16;Basic Closed Cycle Medium Range Submarine;;;;;;;;;;X
MODEL_22_17;Basic Walter Engine Medium Range Submarine;;;;;;;;;;X
MODEL_22_18;Basic Closed Cycle Long Range Submarine;;;;;;;;;;X
MODEL_22_19;Basic Walter Engine Long Range Submarine;;;;;;;;;;X
MODEL_22_20;Improved Closed Cycle Short Range Submarine;;;;;;;;;;X
MODEL_22_21;Improved Walter Engine Short Range Submarine;;;;;;;;;;X
MODEL_22_22;Improved Closed Cycle Medium Range Submarine;;;;;;;;;;X
MODEL_22_23;Improved Walter Engine Medium Range Submarine;;;;;;;;;;X
MODEL_22_24;Improved Closed Cycle Long Range Submarine;;;;;;;;;;X
MODEL_22_25;Improved Walter Engine Long Range Submarine;;;;;;;;;;X
MODEL_22_26;Semi-Modern Long Range Submarine;;;;;;;;;;X
MODEL_22_27;Basic Nuclear Submarine;;;;;;;;;;X

Sorry Zuckergußgebäck, I'm terrible with subs, hopefully MateDow can help you. Whenever I have a problem with sub models I just use the German sub models and compare their statistics with the other countries. Also if you're redoing the model list PM and we can work together, recently I've been updating the model list and Sweden might need a few changes

Ardito said:
What's this with '44 Infantry? I don't get it. The '44 Infantry division was a German re-organization, cutting some overhead while basically maintaining the effective combat strength of the division. It has nothing to do with any other army in the world (which by the way also more or less frequently reorganize their basic organizations).
The '44 division was again revised in the autumn of 1944, the new standard organization adopted known as the "Volksgrenadierdivision".
Although there was precious little standard about German divisions in '44.

And '44 Cavalry? C'mon!

Waffen-SS used the same field grey as the army (basically a rather green uniform jacket with grey trousers). There were some minor differences regarding how various SS uniforms were cut compared to various Heer uniforms (pocket cuffs and stuff), provided they weren't issued identical field blouses, but you'd have to be an expert to tell the difference. At any sort of distance it won't matter.

waffen SS troops were issued identical M36, M40 and M43 tunics in field green. but Waffen SS troops wore camo smocks so they did look different

Sweden never had any nuculear submarines. the baltic is to small for that. But it was a suggestion under consideration....
I was considered 1958, so it would be OK.

Zuckergußgebäck said:
Sweden never had any nuculear submarines. the baltic is to small for that. But it was a suggestion under consideration....
I was considered 1958, so it would be OK.

As long as there was a plan for it, it's ok

For french infantry unit, there is what i propose:

MODEL_FRA_0_0 Infanterie to Division d’Infanterie
MODEL_FRA_0_1 Division Légère d'Infanterie -> good
MODEL_FRA_0_2 Elite Infantry to Division d’Infanterie de la Légion Etrangère or Division D’Infanterie Etrangère
MODEL_FRA_1_0 Cavalerie to Division de Cavalerie
MODEL_FRA_1_1 Spahis to Division de Spahis
MODEL_FRA_1_2 Division Légère de Cavalerie
MODEL_FRA_2_0 Infanterie Motorisée Division d’Infanterie Motorisée
MODEL_FRA_2_1 Chasseurs Motorisée Division de Dragons Portés
MODEL_FRA_2_2 Division Légère Motorisée
MODEL_FRA_3_0 Infanterie Portèe Division Légère Mécanique
MODEL_FRA_3_1 Chasseurs Portèe Division de Chasseurs Portés
MODEL_FRA_3_2 Division Légère Mécanisée Division Cuirassée de Réserve
MODEL_FRA_5_0 Chasseurs-Parachutistes (X) Brigade d’Infanterie de l’Air
MODEL_FRA_5_1 Chasseurs-Parachutistes (XX) Division d’Infanterie de l’Air
MODEL_FRA_5_2 Chasseurs-Parachutistes ('43 XX) Division de Chasseurs Parachutistes
MODEL_FRA_6_0 Infanterie de Marine Division d’Infanterie de Marine
MODEL_FRA_7_0 Chasseurs Alpins Division de Chasseurs Alpins
MODEL_FRA_8_0 Infanterie de Sèrie B Division d’Infanterie de Sèrie B

Last edited:
LuopVert,
in models.csv there should be only the name of the model.
So for example, english models should contain "Infantry" instead "Infantry Division" and "Supermarine Spitfire Mk.II" instead "Squadron of Supermarine Spitfire Mk.II".

However I will include your suggestions leaving out the word "division" (Chasseurs a portés, Infanterìe de la legion, etc...) ;)

Hi Pkunzipper,
i've seen it just before going to work soon this morning, too short on time to correct, sorry ;)

PS: Now about unitnames.csv, u should swap "Division de Chausseurs Alpins" for "Division de Chasseurs Alpins" coz, in french, "Chausseur" litterally mean "shoemaker" ;)

Last edited:
The german mil units are Volkssturm not Volksturm (one more s). Its from Volk (people) + sturm (storm/assault). The one more s is for the genitive of Volk = Volks. Without it would be a volks turm (tower) (Would be a nice unit, too :D )

Kochtopfhelm said:
The german mil units are Volkssturm not Volksturm (one more s). Its from Volk (people) + sturm (storm/assault). The one more s is for the genitive of Volk = Volks. Without it would be a volks turm (tower) (Would be a nice unit, too :D )

LOL!! :D
Will fix for 0.9, thanks! ;)

|AXiN| said:
In fact, could every English-speaking nation other than the US and possibly Canada be returned to actually speaking English rather than American English?

Only the United States uses 'American English'. Canada uses English, just like every other English speaking nation.

I'm playing through 0.9, looking up to supersonic planes as Germany...and I find the German supersonic fighter is the CL-13B. After a little research, I find that's the Canadair version of the F-86E Sabre. I know that otherwise it would be blank, but it's very odd to see that the best fighter aircraft in the Third Reich is Canadian. :)

Incidentally, I don't think the F-86 was a supersonic fighter anyway. It could do it in a dive, but AFAIK the F-100 was the first US fighter rated for level supersonic flight.