• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ghost_dk said:
If you write in 462079 the event will no longer fire.

Ghost_dk

Great! Thanks! :)

Hmmm, it doesn't work although I follow your instructions. I even find it odd that the event fires at all it states that Paris must be in German hands and that is no the case. If you can't think of anything more regarding stopping the event: do I just remove the War =, no need to worry about ID's or anything?

Dutch setup/OOB

I looked up a few sites about the dutch armed forces in 1936-1940 and found a few things that i thought were strange:

1) The soerabaya was named the 7 provincien until it was renamed after a mutiny but it is not a ship of the 7 provincien class. And the Hertog Hendrik is missing.

2) The prototype of the G1 fighter was shown at a air show in Paris in 1936 but the dutch lack the tech too build them in core 0.84.

3) the dutch airforce is missing I’m not sure how big the airforce was in 1936 but there where 70 fokker C-V in service in 1940 while its replacement was introduced in 1940(the Fokker c-X)

I suggest that the soerabaya is made a pre-dreadnought, the hertog hendrik is added and the dutch are giving the missing tech and a group of fighters.
Sources used:
http://www.bhummel.dds.nl/gif/c5.html description and numbers fokker C-V(dutch)
http://www.bhummel.dds.nl/gif/g1.html fokker G-1(dutch)
http://home.planet.nl/~jviss000/Soerabaia.html description Soerabaia(English)
http://home.planet.nl/~jviss000/Hendrik.htm description Hertog Hendrik (English)
http://home.planet.nl/~jviss000/Shipsservice.htm full list of dutch navy 1940

Last edited:
John Poole said:
Belgium was part of the Allies after WWI, indeed she helped France in occupying the Rhineland in the 20's. When did Belgium leave the allies and revert to neutrality? If it is before 1936 then everything is ok but if it was after this should be an event (staying with the allies should trigger alot of dissent from the Flemish I believe) that should perhaps trigger a French event to extend the Maginot Line.

Likewise there should then be events to yank the Dutch and the Belgians out of any alliance should they join without being attacked (or being couped to Communist of Fascist)-and restore them to a neutral position on the triangle-they were both commited to neutrality and I think it is odd they would leave it voluntarily no matter how grave the threat.

However if Japan ever declares war on the Dutch an event should give the Dutch an option to ask to join the allies which, if accepted by the UK would put the allies at war with the Japanese. An American response to this would be good as well, though a decision to join the allies without a 100% WE would lead to very high dissent of course.

I am not really sure how to make these events though can anybody give me some pointers or feedback?

The Dutch were neutral up to the point where they got attacked
Upon attacking, they should receive an event 'The Netherlands joins the allies', Axis, Allies, and all neutral major powers should receive this event, perhaps attach a (very small, -1 or something) dissent modifier for allied countries, or a manpower influx. But that's up to whoever scripts them.

Also, but a bit hard to do with the current layout of provinces.
Beef up the land forts in Nijmegen and Amsterdam provinces.

The Germans could not invade Noord Holland (province Amsterdam) because of the defensive structures near the afsluitdijk and the support of the Royal Netherlands Navy, in the south, they were holding the line near the Grebbeberg, where land fortifications and huge mine fields stymied the German invasion.

If the invasion of the Netherlands by Germany is not complete within X months after declaring war, there should be the "Germany bombs Rotterdam" event. Permanent IC reduction in the province eindhoven, war entry increase for allied nations not in the war yet (USA, Greece, for instance), manpower increase (similar to a 'fall of Paris' event, but on a much lower magnitude)

This in turn (or a couple of days after, if you want to remain historically accurate) triggers the "General Winkelman capitulates", directly after that, trigger a manpower increase along the lines of "Dutch refugees arrive in England" (Historically these were civilians and army personell that had escaped, these were the basis of numerous Dutch units within the British Armed Forces, including the men that were the basis of 'Dutch Troop', the first Dutchmen to be trained as Green Berets, do something with that too if you like :))

Remaining Dutch navy units should remain in hands of the player to be moved to either Surinam or Dutch East India. The latter historically remained Dutch until 1942.
Also, might I suggest giving the Dutch a sort of boon in the form of airpower on the European side, as a representation of our totally wild Fokker aircraft, and, if possible, have the KNIL units in Indonesia get some better stats, in turn to represent their knowledge of terrain and superior experience in combatting in Indonesian jungle (KNIL was composed of almost entirely indigenous units).

And, in case it's not already implemented, Surinam and the Dutch West Indies remained Dutch throughout the war, can changes be made to represent this?

Enough bitchin', good job. :).

Ivo_tentije said:
I looked up a few sites about the dutch armed forces in 1936-1940 and found a few things that i thought were strange:

1) The soerabaya was named the 7 provincien until it was renamed after a mutiny but it is not a ship of the 7 provincien class. And the Hertog Hendrik is missing.

2) The prototype of the G1 fighter was shown at a air show in Paris in 1936 but the dutch lack the tech too build them in core 0.84.

3) the dutch airforce is missing I’m not sure how big the airforce was in 1936 but there where 70 fokker C-V in service in 1940 while its replacement was introduced in 1960(the Fokker c-X)

I suggest that the soerabaya is made a pre-dreadnought, the hertog hendrik is added and the dutch are giving the missing tech and a group of fighters.
Sources used:
http://www.bhummel.dds.nl/gif/c5.html description and numbers fokker C-V(dutch)
http://www.bhummel.dds.nl/gif/g1.html fokker G-1(dutch)
http://home.planet.nl/~jviss000/Soerabaia.html description Soerabaia(English)
http://home.planet.nl/~jviss000/Hendrik.htm description Hertog Hendrik (English)
http://home.planet.nl/~jviss000/Shipsservice.htm full list of dutch navy 1940

Well you just made my entire comment about Dutch airpower obsolete. :D.

I just had a great idea!!!!!!!

Well I was sitting here, and suddenly a great idea popped into my head, concerning the Spanish Civil War. My idea is if there is an early war between Germany and the Allies, then instead of sending Volunteers, the Axis should declare war on Republican Spain, and send divisions and what not. Also since war has already broken out, then, The allies should go to war against Nationalist Spain, with Great Britian and France sending divisions as well. See the way I look at it, was that the civil war was a showdown, with the allies backing down, well if the axis and allies are at war, what would stop both alliances from heavily becoming involved in the war. A Republican victory would be a great base of operations for the allies against Italy, who might or might not have become involved in the war at this point. Where as a Nationalist victory would be a great base of operations for the Axis against France, mainly being for Italy, as the German AI rarely sends expeditonary forces to Italy, and in this case could then send them to Spain, but of course since the aschluss has not happened yet, they would need Military access through Austria, or if Italy already has acces it would solve the problem. (talking about the Danube pact) Anyways in my opinion this would be a great chain of events. And also, if the Republicans win, if/when the Germans roll over France there should be the option for Operation Felix/Isabella (modified of course to actually go to war and not just send troops through, and or occupy) and the Germans would then be on the Iberain peninsula which would give them a good strategic base as I mentioned early if the Nationalists win. But anyways, those are my thoughts on the matter, and I hope someone will respond to this with a quickness so I can see what all youns think of my idea.
:D :D :D :D

To be honest, I can't really see either the Allies or Hitler intervening in Spain if there's an early war. In fact, the whole original impetus for German involvement is effectively negated by an early war (real combat testing of equipment and doctrines). Franco was not especially enamored of Adolf, but had a decent relationship with Mussolini, but not close enough to draw the Italians, and teh whole Axis into the SCW.

IRA Divisions

I had no idea where to post this, I didnt see any post that listed Ireland in it so I decided to put it in this one. I was wondering when your playing Ireland and you do not ban the IRA, and make Ireland more indepent can you start training IRA divisions kind of like as elite forces undire Infantry.

RedFalcon said:
I had no idea where to post this, I didnt see any post that listed Ireland in it so I decided to put it in this one. I was wondering when your playing Ireland and you do not ban the IRA, and make Ireland more indepent can you start training IRA divisions kind of like as elite forces undire Infantry.

Was the IRA of the time the usual terrorist organization, a paramilitary force with some militia, or did it have some well trained soldiers or a large group of volunteers it could train into soldiers? If the first, the idea of it creating 'elite' divisions is ridiculous. If the second, maybe you could build some militia and rename them yourself. If the third, maybe there's a case to be made for elite IRA divisions.

RedFalcon said:

No. Even though as IRE you have the option not to ban the IRA, as De Valera did in the pre-war years, they do not become an option for the government. The decision to ban or not is entirely political, and has no actual military impact. The IRA of the 30's and 40's operated independantly of everyone, much to the chagrin of Britain, Ireland, and Germany. To be specific, there was no way in hell that the IRA would join up with the Dublin government, except if Ireland was invaded (something I have not done anything for).

Permanganate said:
Was the IRA of the time the usual terrorist organization, a paramilitary force with some militia, or did it have some well trained soldiers or a large group of volunteers it could train into soldiers? If the first, the idea of it creating 'elite' divisions is ridiculous. If the second, maybe you could build some militia and rename them yourself. If the third, maybe there's a case to be made for elite IRA divisions.

The IRA would be classified as militia in game terms. Loosely organized, small units were the rule. The IRA had not fielded any sort of large scale unit since 1922, and even then we'd still be talking baout regimental size, and not divisional size units. In terms of training, it varied widely. Some units were very elite in terms of effectivity, while others made normal militia types look like US Special Forces. Also, for over all size, we're talking about at most 1100 armed troops, of which less than 500 had any training or experiemce, but those that did were veterans not only of the Black and Tan war, and the Civil War, they had fought in Spain against Franco.

Maybe a dumb question, I'm not very into the tech tree and his requirements, but, why Spain doesn't have the option to build Marine Infantry, being that the Spanish Marine Infantry exists continuously since 1537 (altough not with this name)?

Demon_82 said:
Maybe a dumb question, I'm not very into the tech tree and his requirements, but, why Spain doesn't have the option to build Marine Infantry, being that the Spanish Marine Infantry exists continuously since 1537 (altough not with this name)?

Probably the same reason Germany doesn't have the Marines tech, even though they had plenty in and before WW1 - because the concept of Marines had changed over the years, and just because you know how to put together a nice 1914 regiment of Marines it doesn't mean you can make a whole division of 1939 Marines with the organizational structure and specialized weapons and equipment to make them effective at division level.

Analytical Engi said:
The Dutch were neutral up to the point where they got attacked
Upon attacking, they should receive an event 'The Netherlands joins the allies', Axis, Allies, and all neutral major powers should receive this event, perhaps attach a (very small, -1 or something) dissent modifier for allied countries, or a manpower influx. But that's up to whoever scripts them.

Also, but a bit hard to do with the current layout of provinces.
Beef up the land forts in Nijmegen and Amsterdam provinces.

The Germans could not invade Noord Holland (province Amsterdam) because of the defensive structures near the afsluitdijk and the support of the Royal Netherlands Navy, in the south, they were holding the line near the Grebbeberg, where land fortifications and huge mine fields stymied the German invasion.

If the invasion of the Netherlands by Germany is not complete within X months after declaring war, there should be the "Germany bombs Rotterdam" event. Permanent IC reduction in the province eindhoven, war entry increase for allied nations not in the war yet (USA, Greece, for instance), manpower increase (similar to a 'fall of Paris' event, but on a much lower magnitude)

This in turn (or a couple of days after, if you want to remain historically accurate) triggers the "General Winkelman capitulates", directly after that, trigger a manpower increase along the lines of "Dutch refugees arrive in England" (Historically these were civilians and army personell that had escaped, these were the basis of numerous Dutch units within the British Armed Forces, including the men that were the basis of 'Dutch Troop', the first Dutchmen to be trained as Green Berets, do something with that too if you like :))

Remaining Dutch navy units should remain in hands of the player to be moved to either Surinam or Dutch East India. The latter historically remained Dutch until 1942.
Also, might I suggest giving the Dutch a sort of boon in the form of airpower on the European side, as a representation of our totally wild Fokker aircraft, and, if possible, have the KNIL units in Indonesia get some better stats, in turn to represent their knowledge of terrain and superior experience in combatting in Indonesian jungle (KNIL was composed of almost entirely indigenous units).

And, in case it's not already implemented, Surinam and the Dutch West Indies remained Dutch throughout the war, can changes be made to represent this?

Enough bitchin', good job. :).

Hmmm..... shouldn't the 'Germans bomb Rotterdam event fire almost directly (the historical four days) after a German declaration of war? (like the Denmark event). Also, the KNIL was total crap, the English and Aussie soldiers (Black Force) sent there to help were appaled by the KNIL units (Dutch drafted civilians as in: fat plantation owners, some regular officers and a lot of Indonesians) and described them as a 'poorly equipped Home Guard' (and no, I don't have the source for that, maybe it was Geert Mak's the Eeuw van mijn vader). Also, being comprised of mostly native untis, these should not really be anxious to fight their fellow Asian Japanese 'liberators' (at least some might fall for the propaganda, Japanese treatment of Indonesian koelies was even crappier than Allied POWs). And about the Cool and Crazy Fokkers, how many did we have? 30? 50?

In short: downgrade KNIL untis to militia, they were no match for any organized armed forces.

Give Netherlands some cool aircraft tech, but make it expensive as hell.

And a Germans Bomb Rotterdam event would be really cool.

Although all Dutch war stories are really nice, the Dutch Military achieved one of the most humbling defeats in military history since the English fought the Watusi (sorry, forgot what they're called) at M'Boto Gorge (Led by a young lieutenant, E. Blackadder). Let's keep it slightly realistic.

the Dutch Military achieved one of the most humbling defeats in military history since the English fought the Watusi (sorry, forgot what they're called) at M'Boto Gorge (Led by a young lieutenant, E. Blackadder).

Still, that was some sharp fruit man!

National Spain Hendaya events

In my current game I (as Germany) convinced National Spain to join the axis.

The Hendaya event fired and Spain got cores on all of Morocco.
However the outline of those cores looked strange as it did not receive a core on province 1006 Tlemcen.

While Tlemcen is a town nowadays in Algeria right at the border to Morocco the province called tlemcen in game would be in Morocco if we compare it´s borders with the provinces ingame:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b2/LocationMorocco_striped.png

Should National Spain gain a core on 1006 too when Hendaya events trigger?

In my current game I (as Germany) convinced National Spain to join the axis.

The Hendaya event fired and Spain got cores on all of Morocco.
However the outline of those cores looked strange as it did not receive a core on province 1006 Tlemcen.

While Tlemcen is a town nowadays in Algeria right at the border to Morocco the province called tlemcen in game would be in Morocco if we compare it´s borders with the provinces ingame:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b2/LocationMorocco_striped.png

Should National Spain gain a core on 1006 too when Hendaya events trigger?
Well spotted CD.:cool:
Yes you are right, i agree to this being tweaked,its weird because Morocco if set up by the SCW events does have the province in game(see pic) So i think province 1006 should be added to Spanish claims in the event.

hoi1coremorrocopicnt1.png

Considering that CORE has the outline correct for Morocco this is a bit weird that they left it out for the Spanish claims,i think you have actually spotted the reason for its current missing status.I think you are correct and that Perhaps the Hendaya events were modded by a different dude than the Moroccan ones and he made the mistake geographically over the province being named as Tlemcen .

Dr

Code:
##############################################
#SPA joins Axis (by nachinus)

event = { 
id = 802011
random = no
country = SPA

#triggered by GER 172036

name = CEVTNAME_802011
	desc = CEVTDESC_802011
	style = 0

action_a = { 
		name = CEVTACTA_802011
		command = { type = alliance which = GER }
		command = { type = supplies value = 2000 }
		command = { type = coalpool value = 2000 }
		command = { type = steelpool value = 2000 }
		command = { type = rubberpool value = 1000 }
		command = { type = oilpool value = 1000 }
		command = { type = alignment which = fascist value = 10 }
		command = { type = steal_tech which = GER } 
		command = { type = addcore which = 1012 } #Fez
		command = { type = addcore which = 1011 } #Casablanca
		command = { type = addcore which = 1022 } #Agadir
		command = { type = addcore which = 1007 } #Tuggurt
		command = { type = addcore which = 1023 } #Tafilalt
                [color=yellow]command = { type = addcore which = 1006 } #"Tlemcen" [/color]
	} 
}

Code:
#SPA joins the axis before Hendaya Meeting
# by Generalisimo

event = { 
	id = 802013
	random = no
	country = SPA

trigger = {
		alliance = { country = GER country = SPA } 
		NOT = {
			event = 802010 #Normal Hendaya meeting
		}
	} 

name = CEVTNAME_802013
	desc = CEVTDESC_802013
	style = 0

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1938 }
	offset = 15 # Check for trigger conditions every 15 days
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1945 } 

action_a = { 
		name = CEVTACTA_802013
		command = { type = alignment which = fascist value = 10 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 1012 } #Fez
		command = { type = addcore which = 1011 } #Casablanca
		command = { type = addcore which = 1022 } #Agadir
		command = { type = addcore which = 1007 } #Tuggurt
		command = { type = addcore which = 1023 } #Tafilalt
                [color=yellow]command = { type = addcore which = 1006 } #"Tlemcen" [/color]
	} 
}

Excellent thanks CD.

I have added it to my files and will upload with the all the others later(Going out for lunch soon)There is now 8 packs tested & ready replace others,so it will be a bit of a hoi1 session later & i have loads of sprite work to add. :cool:

Dr

New Order West event

In my current game I achieved victory in the west, triggering the New Order West events. Vichy inherited free France and I as Germany ceded most french occupied provinces back to Vichy. Except Bourges which remained as a grey german island in a sea of Vichy White. :wacko:

Event 5100 misses a cedecommand which needs to be added, in yellow below.

However I doubt the accuracy of that New Order event.
According to WIKI´s maps:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...3_with_regions_and_departments-occupation.svg
the intention after a victory was not to take only Alsace-Lorraine but more.

Code:
##################################################################
#A European New Order - #Vichy France exists, Free France doesn't
##################################################################

event = { 
	id = 5100
	random = no
	country = GER
	trigger = { 

random = 15 # Some random chance 

exists = VIC # Vichy France has been set up

control = { province = 499 data = GER } #London must be German-held

#Possible other Axis control other UK key areas

NOT = {					

control = { province = 486 data = ENG }
				control = { province = 487 data = ENG }
				control = { province = 488 data = ENG }
				control = { province = 493 data = ENG }
				control = { province = 497 data = ENG }
				control = { province = 1099 data = ENG }
				control = { province = 1100 data = ENG }
				control = { province = 1102 data = ENG }

exists = FRA

# New condition - USA can't be allied

alliance = { country = ENG country = USA }

OR = {
					event = 5100
					event = 5101
					event = 5102
				}

}
	}

name = CEVTNAME_5100 
	desc = CEVTDESC_5100

style = 0

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1936 }

offset = 10 # Check for trigger conditions every 10 days

deathdate = { [color=red]day = 30 month = december[/color] year = 19[color=red]59[/color][color=yellow]60[/color] }

action_a = {
		name = CEVTACTA_5100
		command = { type = dissent value = -20 }
		command = { type = influence value = 50 } #mastery of Europe insures lots of diplomatic leverage
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 950 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 948 }	
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 922 }	
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 918 }	
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 919 }	
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 518 }	
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 520 }	
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 522 }	
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 524 }	
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 525 }	
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 526 }	
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 527 } #Paris
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 528 }	
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 529 }	
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 531 }	
		[color=yellow]command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 523 } #Bourges[/color]
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 532 }	
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 533 }	
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 534 }	
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 535 }	
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 536 }	
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 537 }	
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 538 }	
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 539 }	
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 543 }	
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 544 }	
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 556 }
		command = { type = trigger which = 5106 } # VIC Vichy European New Order event
		command = { type = trigger which = 5107 } # ENG English European New Order event
		command = { type = trigger which = 5119 } # IRE Ireland in the Axis?
		command = { type = trigger which = 5121 } # ARG Falklands to Argentina?
		command = { type = make_puppet which = IRQ } #Puppets Iraq
		command = { type = coup_nation which = IRQ } #Installs Golden Square Iraqi government
	}

action_b = {
		name = CEVTACTB_5100
		command = { type = dissent value = 5 } 
	}
}