• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I played a game and the axis defetead Soviet and got all land fom Volga to thr Baltic with that peace event. But I think there are some things that should be included in this peace. One thing is that the Russian claim on Bessarabia should go away. Thay always manage to get this small enclave after the peace, making a red Dot between Germany and Romania.
What is your opinion about this?

Lord Martin said:
I played a game and the axis defetead Soviet and got all land fom Volga to thr Baltic with that peace event. But I think there are some things that should be included in this peace. One thing is that the Russian claim on Bessarabia should go away. Thay always manage to get this small enclave after the peace, making a red Dot between Germany and Romania.
What is your opinion about this?

Additionally, they always seem to get Finland if they have previously annexed it. Is it possible to add to the bitter peace events (or similiar events) that Finland should either be liberated, or the territory ceded to Germany (only applicable if Germany has conquered the territory from the SU).

I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, but would it be possible to create a series of events that reproduce the creation of the Warsaw Pact in the event of a Soviet domination of Eastern, Central and Western Europe?

I know we can 'Liberate' nations that we've annexed, but they always get the same government that they were before they were annexed, arn't puppets and arn't in a military alliance with their 'liberators'.

What I was thinking of was something in the vain of the New World Order events for Germany. There could be 3 choices for the Soviets if they annex a European nation:

1) Create a puppet state with Stalinisim as it's government, and automatically in a military alliance. Would raise war entry for Allies, especially if they're Western European puppets.

2) Rule from Moscow; basically no change. Would raise war entry for Allies much more then #1, and lower diplomatic influence.

3) True Liberation and Free Elections; Lowers War entry for Allies dramatically, a large boost in di for the Soviets. There could also be a series of events from this one for the liberated countries, to choose between Western democracy and Soviet-style Communisim.

What do you guys think?

3) Liberation and Free Elections.

Ivan-
There's something like this in, but it works off the premise of the historical conferences (Yalta, Tehran, Casablanca, Potsdam, etc) having happened. The post-war Europe situation is as close as we can make it in HoI. Now, that all said, I think everything for this is in, but not as fully detailed as you propose. I'd have to recheck teh event chains for Germany surrendering to be sure.

I just finished Bitter Peaceing the Soviets in 0.9, and I find that their sphere of influence events still work - so I was able to take out Turkey and the remains of the USSR by DOWing Turkey the same day I got my Urals border. This is odd. Considering that the USSR's border is now ~600km away from Turkey, that Germany just finished crushing them, and that they'd love to come back and do it again, there should be no chance of the USSR DOWing. (Turkey hasn't joined the Allies because I'm already done with them, and the USA's only at war with Japan.) Looking at the other sphere events, they can also all still fire.

Most of these events shouldn't fire if the Soviet Union's border is on the Urals; only the SOI event for Afghanistan is still reasonable. Maybe you could add a

Code:
		NOT = {
			OR = {
			event = 5308
			event = 5309
        		}

to the event?

Bitter peace question

Prolly stupid, but i never marched in the soviet territory as far as i did with Germany.

I got the cities of Leningrad, Moscow, Kiev, Stalingrad, Baku, archanlsk (sp?) and all provinces west of that under german control. Any reason why the bitter peace doesnt fire?

I chose the rosenberg-plan if i am correct. Something got to do with it?

d0mbo said:
Prolly stupid, but i never marched in the soviet territory as far as i did with Germany.

I got the cities of Leningrad, Moscow, Kiev, Stalingrad, Baku, archanlsk (sp?) and all provinces west of that under german control. Any reason why the bitter peace doesnt fire?

I got the same problem, but i took a look into the new world order east events.
You have to take 50 IC from them. during war soviets have an event wich moves their industrial heart to the ural. the problem is that behind mosva and stalingrad the infrastructure is geting bad, but from stalingrad is a corridor of provinces with acceptable infra wich leads through whole sibiria. but don't panic, you only have to go to magnitorsk and maybe two ore three neighboring provinces with industry, they have 11 - 16 IC. with a handfull armoured armies as spearhead you can take them befor the reds know whats going on, you dont even need to mind about defending the corridor behind you. everytime you took such a province SAVE and RELOAD to fire the new order events.

Dont know if anyone has noticed this but I think that this event should be modified quite a bit, I got a IC boost of +70 from it :eek:

Soviet event 2633
action_b = {
name = CEVTACTB_2633 # "Limited action - just in case..." # No let it be.
command = { type = industry which = 778 value = -15 } #Minsk
command = { type = industry which = 861 value = -10 } #Rostov
command = { type = industry which = 764 value = -10 } #Odessa
command = { type = industry which = 766 value = -5 } #Vinnitsa
command = { type = industry which = 775 value = -15 } #Kiev
command = { type = industry which = 776 value = -5 } #Chernigov
command = { type = industry which = 857 value = -15 } #Kharkov
command = { type = industry which = 862 value = -10 } #Sevastopol
command = { type = industry which = 863 value = -5 } #Stalino
command = { type = industry which = 864 value = -15 } #Donietsk
command = { type = industry which = 865 value = -5 } #Dniepropietrovsk
command = { type = industry which = 781 value = -15 } #Smolensk
command = { type = industry which = 791 value = -15 } #Novgorod
command = { type = industry which = 1394 value = 20 } #Kurgan
command = { type = industry which = 1395 value = 20 } #Kustanai
command = { type = industry which = 1396 value = 20 } #Koktjetav
command = { type = industry which = 1377 value = 20 } #Sverdlovsk
command = { type = industry which = 1378 value = 25 } #Tjeljabinsk
command = { type = industry which = 1371 value = 30 } #Magnitogorsk
command = { type = warentry which = USA value = 2 }

So basically this event reduces IC from provinces with IC values of 1-5 and gives you a huuuge boost of IC :eek: Quite a exploit I would say. :rolleyes:

d0mbo said:

I have those to + all the provinces with stars, Magnitogorsk and the 3-4 next to it, do I really need to get Irkutsk and Vladivostok as well?? Japan is not in the Axis.

Captain Panda said:
I have those to + all the provinces with stars, Magnitogorsk and the 3-4 next to it, do I really need to get Irkutsk and Vladivostok as well?? Japan is not in the Axis.

In CORE, it's not relevant whether or not Japan in the Axis. They'll get more territory if they're in, but it makes no difference to whether or not the USSR is willing to make peace. When they'll make peace depends on which of the three plans you chose:

- If you chose Historical, then the USSR will agree to cede everything west of a diagonal Estonia - Baku line once you take Stalingrad, Moscow, Minsk, and Kiev. They won't agree to cede everything west of the Urals until you take Leningrad, Stalingrad, Moscow, Baku, Minsk, Kiev, Kujbyshev, and Archangielsk.

- If you chose Rosenberg, then you need to take Leningrad, Stalingrad, Moscow, Baku, Minsk, and Kiev, and also occupy at least 50% of their IC and 50% of their VP. At this point you can opt to set up the Vlasov regime, a nationalist Russia which will require some help with the remnants of the USSR but will free most of your forces for other fronts. Once the USSR has been annexed, GER puppets RUS.

- if you chose Ribbentrop-Schulenberg, then you essentially do the same as in the Rosenberg plan. You just don't get a choice about liberating the various small countries out of the former USSR; you can't keep those territories.

The 50% IC 50% VP conditions in Rosenberg and Ribbentrop-Schulenberg can usually be satisfied by taking everything west of the Urals and a few provinces beyond, through Magnitogorsk.

Attn Captain Panda: This post answers all questions on how to Bitter Peace SOV as GER in CORE. I don't want to make another post to tell you to reread this one.

Last edited:
OK, I think I took the annihilation option, does that make any difference?

Well I did´nt now what the annihilation option was called, that´s all. I have done everything that you have said, still no event, my forces are almost in Mongolia now. I´ll just restart and try again, I´ll take historical option this time.

Last edited:
The historical option is the "We will conquer, rule and exploit!" one, first in the event, with the event text noting that it's essentially annihilation of the Russian people. If you got that, you don't have to go into any low-infra provs or past the Urals to get a new border on the Urals. I'm surprised you're almost to Mongolia without getting any peace events...perhaps you missed Archangelsk, up on the Arctic Circle, or you took enough provinces to form Reichskommisarit Moskau in the Moskva region. (The latter rightly appals the Soviets, and they'll refuse to sign any peace at all.) I don't bother taking the low-infra provinces east of Moskva so I've never actually set up that RK (reason I forgot about it before, oops), but that seems like the most likely problem.

I like Mongolia

Ok, I like Mongolia, and the Soviet Union had more or less total control over Mongolia, or the Mongolian Peoples Republic. I was wondering if any one would be intrested in adding events where Mongolia is given some more degree of independence.

In 1932 the Soviet Union and Mongolia signed the Mutial Aid and Assitance treaty. According to this treaty Special the Soviets would train and equip Mongolian Forces, and also send expoditionary forces, which would train new troops, help defend Mongolia, and would take responsblity for Border patrol.

Perhapse there could be a string of events, starting with one for the Soviets saying something about the treaty, and the have 3 options like,
a). Fufill treaty obligations, which would cause a loss of supplies and man power, and add a infanrty to the build que for Mongolia, but a much lower cost to the Mongols and also gives the mongols some free techs, manily infantry and arty techs and land doctrins .

b) Partialy help, gives some extra supplies and resources, 1 tech, and pushes the mongols away from the communism side of the tirangle a little bit

c) Forget the Treaty, which would cause dissent hits and have Mongolia move signifigantly away from the communism side of the triangle

d) Take over completley, this causes a small dissent hit, but Mongolia ceases to exist and becomes part of the soviet union(think ala Germanys anneation of Austria).

Now if b or c is choosen this ends the Mutial aide line of events, if d is choosen Mongolia is given a choice of either becoming part of the USSR, or staying indpendent, but it leaves the comintern, and it becomes centerlist with a center aligenment. If the Mongols choose independance, then an SU event fires which says either leave them alone or go to war with them with the obvious out come if war is chosen.

If a is chosen, then you have the event re-firing every year, and each time it gives the Mongols a wee bit more independance. Perhapse the second time around, more techs, and some industry or infrasructure boost, and perhapse a few new officers are added to the Mongol officer pool. You could have this continue from 1936 until like 1940, where if a is choosen each time, the SU is given a choice of letting the puppet status go, and having a fully indpendent Mongolia, which would lower dissent in the Soivet Union, and give them a good sizes DI boost, of couser Mongolia is still lennist and remains in the comintern, with military access and control still given to the Soviets, but full control over industry and resources given to the Mongols. I got a bunch of info on Mongolia during that time period if anyone is interested.

Victory in the East

I am enjoying my newly installed CORE 0.9
But I have a question.
What are the conditions required to defeat USSR? I occupy Leningrand, Moscow and Stalingrand and no victory!

Thanks in advance

PS I have chosen the Ribedtrop-Schullenberg plan

Bitter Peace help, by another person who doesn't know how to read the event files or do a search in the CORE General Discussion or CORE USSR threads. Well, don't worry, I have my form response ready.

When the USSR will make peace depends on which of the three plans you chose:

- If you chose Historical, then the USSR will agree to cede everything west of a diagonal Estonia - Baku line once you take Stalingrad, Moscow, Minsk, and Kiev. They won't agree to cede everything west of the Urals until you take Leningrad, Stalingrad, Moscow, Baku, Minsk, Kiev, Kujbyshev, and Archangielsk.

- If you chose Rosenberg, then you need to take Leningrad, Stalingrad, Moscow, Baku, Minsk, and Kiev, and also occupy at least 50% of their IC and 50% of their VP. At this point you can opt to set up the Vlasov regime, a nationalist Russia which will require some help with the remnants of the USSR but will free most of your forces for other fronts. Once the USSR has been annexed, GER puppets RUS.

- If you chose Ribbentrop-Schulenberg, then you essentially do the same as in the Rosenberg plan. You just don't get a choice about liberating the various small countries out of the former USSR; you can't keep those territories.

The 50% IC 50% VP conditions in Rosenberg and Ribbentrop-Schulenberg can usually be satisfied by taking everything west of the Urals and a few provinces beyond, through Magnitogorsk.

Thanks Permanganate. (Very oxidising name indeed)
That's curious, because that even though I picked Ribbetrop-Schulenberg I had some events fired for liberating some minors (like Byelorussia and Ukraine).

And by the way, can you propose me a site that can help me how to read the events?

I guess this is the best place to ask this...

Is it possible, as GER, to attack the USSR, get the Not-So Bitter Peace (Volga-Don-Something line), and then later attack again and get the Bitter Peace?

I'm playing CORE .91 as the SU and the problem is there doesn't appear to be WWII Poland isn't allied with the Allies, Germany has access to Poland and it's November of '39 there never was the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact either in the log there was an Danzig or war event but neither happened, no war or Germany acquiring Danzig. I'm new to CORE, what happened. I've tried reloading several times with no luck.

I'm playing CORE .91 as the SU and the problem is there doesn't appear to be WWII Poland isn't allied with the Allies, Germany has access to Poland and it's November of '39 there never was the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact either in the log there was an Danzig or war event but neither happened, no war or Germany acquiring Danzig. I'm new to CORE, what happened. I've tried reloading several times with no luck.
There are many multiple ways it can go with CORE,i too have seen this happen but only occasionally,when AI Germany backs down from War with Poland over Danzig events, it is weird it keep happening to you maybe because of certain choices you make earlier playing?
Did you have winter war with Finns yet?

What happened eventually in my Czech game was that AI USSR DOW poor little peaceful AI Germany.

But most often The war does happen...But i think its because Germany has access it will not DOW Poland?

Dr

Last edited:
ImperialLegend said:

i too made this experience that ahistorical events do happen far to often in core which is a bit strange as you have to reload often to have the correct event to fire. i think in your case its to late probably (depending when you've saved the game and when these ahistorical event string started).

bm