• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Don't know where to post it, but i like the idea of an event series, which simulates the conferences of washingtion (22.12.41-14.1.42), including the washington-pact (1.1.42), casablanca 14.-24.1.43, conference of cairo (22.-26.11.43), conference of teheran (28.11.-1.12.43), dumbarton oaks (21.8.-7.10.), Jalta (4.-11.2.45), Potsdam.

Aim: creation of the occupation zones in germany

I plan on doing a few new events for the US regarding the AI files. The plan is to change from one AI file to another. The first chagne regards the nuetrallity act. With the act the US navy changed thier OOB and moved about 1/3 of thier navy to the atlantic. So i plan on having the AI file do just that. Anyhow I thought I bring that up. :D

FYI. I hope this helps.

Originally posted by Kevin Mc Carthy
This has been said by me, and others in this thread and others, but I will try to summerize [I expect to edit this some in the next couple of days].

1936 Scenario:

Land units OK.

The current 1.03 NA version AI allocates too much production for the US between '36 and the the fall of France (May '41 historicaly) to military production, expecially the US Army. I've played around with the AI files for the US but have not been able to figure out how to fix this--even shifting the % of land units build as low as 5% doesn't work. The US still builds too many units. Not only that but too much is spent on technologies, see [url]http://www.army.mil/cmh-pg/books/wwii/csppp/ch02.htm#b8[/URL]

1939 scenario:

"In 1939 the Regular Army had nine infantry and three cavalry divisions on its rolls. Of these, only the 1st to 3rd Divisions and 1st Cavalry Division had an active division headquarters, and none of these were completely formed. The remaining infantry divisions (4th to 9th) consisted of understrength brigades and the other two cavalry divisions (2nd and 3rd) were paper designations to which cavalry regiments were nominally assigned. The National Guard had 18 divisions (26th to 38th, 40th, 41st, and 43rd to 45th) largely complete but understrength, along with four cavalry divisions (21st to 24th). The cavalry divisions were incomplete other than for the assigned cavalry and field artillery. Finally, there was the Organized Reserve. This had designations for 27 infantry and six cavalry divisions (76th to 91st and 94th to 104th Divisions and 61st to 66th Cavalry Divisions). These were actually little more than officer cadres. There were also the Hawaiian, Philippine, and Panama Canal Divisions overseas. None of these were complete tactical formations." Quote from http://orbat.com/site/armyww2.html

The listing of the US Army Divisions on the same page http://orbat.com/site/armyww2.html seems to be the best selection for 1939 scenario.

However, note the problems the US had in the mobilization of 1940
http://www.army.mil/cmh-pg/books/wwii/Framework/index.htm and note the staggered pattern of about 3 NG divisions built per month (in HOI speak) starting the month of June 1940 for six months.

16 Sep 1940
30th Infantry NG
Ft Jackson SC

16 Sep 1940
41st Infantry NG
Ft Lewis WA

16 Sep 1940
44th Infantry NG
Ft Dix NJ

16 Sep 1940
45th Infantry NG
Camp Berkeley TX

15 Oct 1940
27th Infantry NG
Ft McClellan AL

15 Oct 1940
32nd Infantry NG
Camp Livingston FL

16 Oct 1940
37th Infantry NG
Camp Shelby MS

25 Nov 1940
31st Infantry NG
Camp Blanding FL

25 Nov 1940
36th Infantry NG
Camp Bowie, TX

23 Dec 1940
35th Infantry NG
Camp Joseph T Robinson AR

16 Jan 1941
26th Infantry NG
Camp Edwards MA

17 Jan 1941
38th Infantry NG
Camp Shelby MS

3 Feb 1941
29th Infantry NG
Ft George G Meade MD

10 Feb 1941
34th Infantry NG
Camp Claiborne LA

17 Feb 1941
28th Infantry
NG Indiantown Gap Mil Reserve PA

24 Feb 1941
43rd Infantry NG
Camp Shelby MS

3 Mar 1941
40th Infantry NG
Camp Shelby MS

http://orbat.com/site/armyww2.html

If in the '36 and '39 scenario the USA ai can be made to be truely isolationist, I propose an event be created for mobilization calling up the 18 NG divisions (put into the build q) if 1) war is declared on the US; 2) War Entry is >X%, 3) Paris falls.

US protection of Canada Event

Hi, I have created these two linked events that has the United States give Canada assurances of protection should they be invaded. I am wondering if it is ok, notably the trigger for the second event (as in should Italy, Germany, Japan, or the USSR invade either Halifax or Victoria). I have tried to test it, and the first part fires on call, but since I cannot get the AI to invade Canada, I cannot test the second part. Does it appear to be ok?

Code:
########################
# Commitment to Canada #
########################

event = { 
	id = 322000
	random = no
	country = USA

trigger = {
		year = 1938
		headofgovernment = 6001
	}

name = "President Roosevelt gives assurances"
	desc = "I can give assurance to you that the people of the United States will not stand idly by if domination of Canadian soil is threatened by any other empire."
	style = 0

date = { day = 18 month = august year = 1938 } 
	offset = 1
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1947 } 

action_a = {
			name = "Ok"
			command = { type = trigger }
	}
}

event = { 
	id = 322001
	random = no
	country = USA

trigger = {
		event = 322000
		AND = {
		control = { province = 153 a data = GER }
		}
		OR = {
		control = { Province 100 a data = GER }
		}
		OR = {
		control = { province = 153 a data = ITA }
		}
		OR = {
		control = { Province 100 a data = ITA }
		}
		OR = {
		control = { province = 153 a data = JAP }
		}
		OR = {
		control = { Province 100 a data = JAP }
		}
		OR = {
		control = { province = 153 a data = SOV }
		}
		OR = {
		control = { Province 100 a data = SOV }
		}
		}
	}

name = "Canada Invaded!"
	desc = "In 1938 President Roosevelt proclaimed that should Canada be invaded the United States will immediately come to their aid."
	style = 0

offset = 1

action_a = {
			name = "Fulfil your promise"
			command = { type = alliance which = CAN }
			command = { type = dissent value = 5 }
	}
	action_b = {
			name = "Flee from your responsibilities"
			command = { type = dissent value = 20 }
	}
}

Hi McNaughton,

Are you sure these events loads properly... There are some syntax errors in both... Let's fix them...

Event 322000

You don't need year = 1938 in the trigger since the start date of the event is in august 1938.

command = { type = trigger }

This command is incomplete. It is missing the event number. Actually it is not even required since in the next event you check if this event occured in the trigger. All you need is an empty command.

command = { }

Event 32001

If I understand correctly you want the trigger to fire if event 322000 fired previously and if ANY of the control command occurs.
First there are the letter a appearing in your control commands between the province and data. They should not be there. Also you're missing the = sign in a few control command. Also some of your province command starts with a capital letter. I don't know for sure that it makes a difference but I would keep it lowercase.

This would be my trigger section:

trigger = {
event = 322000
OR = {
control = { province = 153 data = GER }
control = { province = 100 data = GER }
control = { province = 153 data = ITA }
control = { province = 100 data = ITA }
control = { province = 153 data = JAP }
control = { province = 100 data = JAP }
control = { province = 153 data = SOV }
control = { province =100 data = SOV }
}
}

Give this a try and let me know...

Extro :)

########################################################################
# Boulder Dam Completed
event = {
id = 50102
random = no
country = USA
trigger = {
minister = 6035
not = {
OR = {
minister = 6052
}
}
}
name = "Boulder Dam Completed!"
desc = "Part of President Franklin Delano Roosevelts 5 year plan, the damn was a mammoth project that brought more electrical sources to isolated areas in the interior of the USA. The job employed a significant ammount of workers. It was a real sign that Roosevelts plan could very well work."
style = 0

date = { day = 1 month = march year = 1936 }
offset = 1

action_a = {
name = "American Ingenuity at its Finest"
command = { type = dissent value = -10 }
command = { type = industry which = 86 value = 1 }
}
}
# Golden Gate Bridge Completed
event = {
id = 50101
random = no
country = USA
trigger = {
minister = 6035
not = {
OR = {
minister = 6052
}
}
}
name = "Golden Gate Bridge!"
desc = "One of the largest and most ambitious projects ever attempted in engineering, the Golden Gate Bridge linked Oakland to San Fransisco. On May 27, 1937 the bridge was finally completed. Like the boulder dam, it served to bring thousands of jobs to the west coast, and gave people valueable work experience."
style = 0

date = { day = 27 month = may year = 1937 }
offset = 1

action_a = {
name = "American Ingenuity at its Finest"
command = { type = dissent value = -10 }
command = { type = industry which = 158 value = 1 }
command = { type = infrastructure which = 158 value = 0.89 }
}
}

I figured pre war USA has absolutely no events basically, so I did some.

The dissent value mod of -10 in both are WAY too high. Did anyone in Maryland, for example, really care? Dissent value should be zero.

Why would unemployment go down AFTER the projects are complete? Also, as fas as I know <10,000 people were employed on EACH project.

Originally posted by Kevin Mc Carthy
Why would unemployment go down AFTER the projects are complete? Also, as fas as I know <10,000 people were employed on EACH project.

Actually, when 10 000 people are employed on such an operation, it does not just benefit those 10 000 people. It benefits everyone who has a good/service to offer those 10 000 people, since they now have more money to spend. However, it was the mere idea that work was now avalible which is what got the population happier. These 'make work' operations did more to please the population that something was actually being done. Possibly a -10 dissidence is too high though.

can someone work on the initial manpower pool for US?
it is currently too high, so you can have a full army by 1938 without any problem....
so i suggest making their starting manpower pool 100, and then every year add manpower, until war brakes out in europe, then a lot of manpower should be increased, and then when the US enters the war the final manpower boost should trigger.
Can someone work on that?

thanks.

:D

I will take a look, but don't have that many sources for the US military. Maybe we will have to play it by ear, basing things off of Roosevelt's increase in spending and preparing for war based on events in Europe and Asia. They should start with very low numbers in their MP-pool and only really raise when the Axis start behaving badly. Maybe have some events triggered by the US's war-rating?

I do know that in 1940 the US armed forces equalled about 1 000. I am not sure wether or not that includes National Guard.

I am looking off of Bolt's manpower mod for some ideas where to start. He has the US MP in 1936 to be around 350, which does not sound like a bad starting spot.

US Manpower Events

Like in Bolt's scenario, I lowered the starting Manpower pool to 340.

I added these two events.

Code:
################################
# Manpower: Military Expansion #
################################

event = { 
	id = 322004
	random = no
	country = USA

trigger = { 
		atwar = no
		control = { province = 527 data = GER } #Paris
		}
	}

name = "Paris Falls!"
	desc = "The fall of France causes the expansion of the United States Armed Forces."
	style = 0

offset = 1

action_a = {
			name = "OK"
			command = { type = manpowerpool value = 2000 }
			command = { type = warentry value = 4 }
	}
}

##############################
# Manpower: War Mobilization #
##############################

event = { 
	id = 322005
	random = no
	country = USA

trigger = { 
		war = yes 
		}
	}

name = "WAR!"
	desc = "Millions volunteer or are conscripted for military service."
	style = 0

offset = 1

action_a = {
			name = "OK"
			command = { type = manpowerpool value = 5000 }
			command = { type = dissent value = -5 }
	}
}

They start with 340, and each year gain 365.

By 1940 they should have gained 1480mp through natural growth, leaving them with 1820 total manpower (including starting manpower and natural growth).

When Paris falls, they gain 2000 manpower (showing expansion of the US armed forces that ocurred soon after the Fall of France).

When war is declared they get 5000 manpower (representing the massive influx of avalible men through volunteers, but primarily through conscription).

By 1945 (after starting, events and natural growth) the US should have access to about 11 000 manpower points. I have not calculated the manpower of existing 1936 US Forces (Air/Land/Navy), but it is not going to be very large.