• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ískallin said:
These are random names, some from the phonebook, kennister was a guy who was the captain on a guard ship during the cod war...

Yes that's right iceland has NO army at all, a 15 men squad for beating down rebels

no sweat. they would get hardly any manpower either so its very unlikely thaty will ever be able to field anything but a couple of ship and maybe a airunit or two. :p

Yeah thats the fun of it...

Get world domination with a couple of trawlers and their crews

in 1940 the population was 124,000

It grew about 1,4% a year although during the sixties it was 2%

Last edited:
ískallin said:
In 1944 iceland was liberal conservative

There were elections in 1943 and 1947 (but as iceland didn't excist in 1943 then there's no need for them

cool :)

I'd like to suggest a new event to be added for Sweden, but I have no experience of writing events for HoI so I wouldn't mind leaving the coding to someone else.

Medical aid to german soldiers
Through 1941 - 1943 Sweden allowed finnish and german soldiers to be treated at hospitals in northern Sweden. The swedish Red Cross played an active role in raising funds and providing medical personnel for the aid. Injured german soldiers were also transported to Norway for some time after the permittent traffic had ended. One year after the outbreak of war between Germany and the Soviet union 30000 german soldiers had either received tretment at swedish hospitals or been transported to hospitals in Norway.

1. Offer medical help to german and finnish injured.
2. Only offer medical help only to finnish soldiers.
3. Do not allow foreign soldiers to be treated in swedish hospitals.

The first two options could give a slight manpower boost to Fin or Ger + Fin. Option 1 should also move Sweden somewhat closer towards the axis. The 3rd option should move Sweden towards communism instead since this is about fighting on the eastern front.

For more historical information about this (unfortunately only available in swedish) check this link: http://www.ep.liu.se/ea/is/2003/002/is002-contents.pdf

I think such an event should only reduce dissent. They were probably not going back to the war after the treatement, and if they did it would have been the same for most hospitals in most countries. Very low numbers, so a dissent reduction is much better.

A thought

I know someone mentioned this before about including the Finnish People's Army. But I think that it should be a new country, made out of one of the soviet provinces up towars finland, and if Russia annexes finland, (finland does'nt accept peace) Finland should then come under the control of the Finnish People's Army. When this happense the capital jumps from whatever russian province the army was set up in, to Helsinki, and Finland becomes a puppet of Russia. Now if Finland does accept Peace, the province simply becomes part of Russia once more, and its units incorporated into the Red army.

Believe, obey, fight-Benito Mussolini
The role of a citizen and soldier are inseperable-Benito Mussolini
Kill one, you're a murderer, kill a million, you're a conqerer-Dont Know

I think I found a bug today when I played as Sweden, I decided to sign the non-aggression pact with Germany, but they got the event that says I refused, not that it does much for gameplay, but it is probably not so hard to fix, right?

CORE v0.9 w/ HoI 1.06c

another tought is that the swedes should have better options for the winterwar, send trained volunteers perheps? which reduces the manpower and supplies stockpile and gives Finland lets say 3 inf divs and a prewar fighter perhaps?

Also an event that makes peace between sweden and USSR after some time, would be nice to....

and just for the record i captured Leningrad, in your face adolf! :p

Timpino said:
I think I found a bug today when I played as Sweden, I decided to sign the non-aggression pact with Germany, but they got the event that says I refused, not that it does much for gameplay, but it is probably not so hard to fix, right?

This event is weird. When I play as Norway this event pops up twice. The first popup is for Sweden and the second one is for Norway.

Shouldn´t this event be a SWEdish event? It is triggered by FIN 1002101 asking if SWE would enter a defense treaty - but the respoinding 1002110 is in my core_scandinavia.txt a finnish event too?

Code:
###################################
# (FIN)Finland Suggests defense treaty (by Ghost_dk)

event = {
	id = 1002110
	random = no
	country = [color=red]FIN[/color][color=yellow]SWE[/color]

# triggered by FIN 1002101

name = CEVTNAME_1002110
	desc = CEVTDESC_1002110
	style = 0

action_a = {
		name = CEVTACTA_1002110
		command = { type = trigger which = 1002103 }
		}
	action_b = {
		name = CEVTACTB_1002110
		command = { type = trigger which = 1002102 }
		}
	action_c = {
		name = CEVTACTC_1002110
		command = { type = warentry value = 100 }
		command = { type = war which = SOV }
		command = { type = access which = FIN }
		command = { type = trigger which = 3202 } # FIN 
		}
}

Shouldn´t this event be a SWEdish event? It is triggered by FIN 1002101 asking if SWE would enter a defense treaty - but the respoinding 1002110 is in my core_scandinavia.txt a finnish event too?
Gosh another good Bug Hunt CD! I have never noticed this i guess it should be changed?

Dr

Gosh another good Bug Hunt CD! I have never noticed this i guess it should be changed?

Dr

IMO Yes. Even the followup-events I post here mention a SWEdisch 1002110 event. It simply does not make sense that FIN asks FIN if SWE wants a defense treaty :rolleyes:

And for better overview we should improve the remarks here:

Code:
# (FIN)Sweden agrees (by ghost_dk)

event = {
	id = 1002102
	random = no
	country = FIN

# triggered by SWE 1002110[color=yellow] B[/color]

name = CEVTNAME_1002102
	desc = CEVTDESC_1002102