• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Re: Liberia

Originally posted by Steel
Did anybody ever look at the USA-Liberia defense agreement in 1942? There's a post by Ming in the early pages of this thread that outlines it.
i think yes... but wasn't SykoNurse that talked about it?
We get to the conclusion that nothing important happened... :D
or are you talking about the rubber output in Liberia?

Re: Re: Liberia

Originally posted by Generalisimo
i think yes... but wasn't SykoNurse that talked about it?
We get to the conclusion that nothing important happened... :D
or are you talking about the rubber output in Liberia?

This was the original post:

In addition, the United States and Liberia signed a defense agreement in 1942 in which Liberia accepted 5,000 African American troops, built a US air base to ferry supplies to North Africa from Brazil and expelled all German citizens which made up most of the merchant class and nearly all of the doctors. This could be an interesting diplomatic choice for the otherwise pointlessly boring country. Accept the defense agreement and gain some US troops but take a dissent and temporary IC hit (To rise higher than before after about a year as US troops brought stability to the nation and the newly opened defense facilities and rubber plantations increased government revenue by 133% by 1944 and provided many new jobs to the marginalized indigenous population), or refuse and risk becoming a liablity to the allies.

So I reckon a +15 infrastructure, +1 militia or infantry division for Liberia (only way to station troops there), +1500 supplies for Liberia and a -15 fascism for Liberia. Maybe some dissent as well.

Rejecting it is a move away from democracy and towards fascism, maybe some dissent and un-puppet Liberia from USA.

Re: Re: Re: Liberia

Originally posted by Steel
This was the original post:

So I reckon a +15 infrastructure, +1 militia or infantry division for Liberia (only way to station troops there), +1500 supplies for Liberia and a -15 fascism for Liberia. Maybe some dissent as well.

Rejecting it is a move away from democracy and towards fascism, maybe some dissent and un-puppet Liberia from USA.
i think Liberia COULD NOT refuse it... it will surelly mean a USA invasion...
I suggest only an "A" option... who will play Liberia anyway???? :D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Liberia

Originally posted by Generalisimo
i think Liberia COULD NOT refuse it... it will surelly mean a USA invasion...
I suggest only an "A" option... who will play Liberia anyway???? :D

A required trigger in any case needs to be US at war with Germany and make the date offset so it doesn't trigger as soon as the US goes to war with Germany.

Did the Belgian Congo actual remain allied after King Leopold surrendered? Because after the European Netherlands fell. Queen Wilhelmina never surrendered to the Germans and Dutch forces continued fighting in the Dutch East Indes but but what happened to the Belgian Congo?

Semi-Lobster said:
Did the Belgian Congo actual remain allied after King Leopold surrendered? Because after the European Netherlands fell. Queen Wilhelmina never surrendered to the Germans and Dutch forces continued fighting in the Dutch East Indes but but what happened to the Belgian Congo?

Belgian Congo remained under Belgian control until the late 50's where independence movements began to grow and in 1960 they became independent with the help of the UN.

Ghost_dk

Ghost_dk said:
Belgian Congo remained under Belgian control until the late 50's where independence movements began to grow and in 1960 they became independent with the help of the UN.

Ghost_dk

Yes I know that, but did the Belgian Congo remain neutral or something else after the Belgian surrender to the Germans

Semi-Lobster said:
Yes I know that, but did the Belgian Congo remain neutral or something else after the Belgian surrender to the Germans

Well Belgium and as such their forces remained part of the allies but almost all units were incorperated into the british forces and they adopted british rank insignia(the only ones to do so) and as such we should probably have an event signing over all Belgian forces to UK once mainland Belgium has fallen. That will also give Britain a little more to play with, beginning its defensive after fall of BeNeLux and France. Each year they should get some manpower from Belgium as well and transfer of any newly build units. At least until Belgium is liberated.

Nice catch Semi-Lobster

Ghost_dk

Ghost_dk said:
Well Belgium and as such their forces remained part of the allies but almost all units were incorperated into the british forces and they adopted british rank insignia(the only ones to do so) and as such we should probably have an event signing over all Belgian forces to UK once mainland Belgium has fallen. That will also give Britain a little more to play with, beginning its defensive after fall of BeNeLux and France. Each year they should get some manpower from Belgium as well and transfer of any newly build units. At least until Belgium is liberated.

Nice catch Semi-Lobster

Ghost_dk

Thanks for explaining! Where the troops from the Belgian Congo mostly Belgians or Congolese?

Semi-Lobster said:
Thanks for explaining! Where the troops from the Belgian Congo mostly Belgians or Congolese?

I believe most were beligian but there were some congolese territorials as well, although they mostly took care of duties within the colonies. Refueling stations and such and they were of course under belgian command.

Ghost_dk

*bump*

(coming close to disappearing)

I'm getting angry

Playing as Germany I would see that the Italian AI would never garrison any troops in Ethiopia, and the Ethiopian revolt would happene over and over again. But myself playing as Italy, I leave units in almost all Ethiopian provinces, and the Ethiopian revolt still happens to me. Now of course this wouldn't be so bad if your redeployed units were allowed to go back in East Africa, but they are not, you can only put them in Italy, and must then transport them back to East Africa. I really hate this event, because, if a rebellion was goin to happen, it should only include at the most one or more of the Ethiopian provinces, not all of the country. Such as Addis Abeba revolts along with Harar, but the other areas remain Italian, allowing for the player to easily crush the revolt. Also there should be an Italian territorial claim on Djibouti and British Somaliland. Those are just my thoughts though on the Sub-Saharan Africa.

Believe, obey, fight-Benito Mussolini
The role of a citizen and soldier are inseperable-Benito Mussolini
Kill one, you're a murderer, kill a million, you're a conquerer-Don't know

Ethiopia should have territorial claims on the following- based on Emporer Menelik's vow to return Ethiopia to it's historic boundaries from Khartoum to the Horn of Africa to Lake Victoria in the south.

These provinces include Khartoum, Asmara, Djibouti, Berbera, Mogadishu, Obbia, Kismayo, Garissa, Nairobi, Mombasa, Wad Madani, and Entebbe. Or at least all of the Horn, (Italian/British/French Somalia, Eritrea, Mombasa[the last Christian city on the coast for some distance]), Nairobi, and Khartoum.