• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Semi-Lobster said:
Has anybody made any head way in the researching the rise of Paraguayian Fascism? The only problem is finding ministers for the pre-revolution cabinet. The current Paraguayian cabinet practically IS the Fascist cabinet and after the revolution they should be in power, and of course, there should be no elections afterwards. Anybody who can speak Spanish would probably have more luck at finding info then me.

Check the leader mod thread. Once you get past the usual conundrum about the use of Gauletiers (i'm with Hallibut and CN on this, but it's all falling on deaf ears), you should be able to ask Birch23 where he got the inof on the Latin American nations. Those actually look good, with all the cabinet reshuffles and coups in place AFAIK.

Nahuel Tank

Could be added an event that gives to Argentina the Nahuel 43 75mm in 1943? In 1942 apears the option to start to develop a local made medium tank (in exchange of x supplies). If you accept, then in 1943 you recive the (basic?) medium tank 75mm, the Nahuel 43.
Also Brazil should recibe some tank techs when enter in war vs the Axis, alowing the building of Lt tanks in 1942/1943 (mayby the M3 Stuart)

Last edited:
Rivadavia class battleships
Displ: 27,940 tons normal; 30,600 tons full load
Dim: 594.5 x 98.5 x 27.5 feet
Prop: Steam turbines, 18 boilers, 3 shafts, 40,000 hp, 22.5 knots
Crew: 1130
Arm: 6 dual 12/50, 12 single 6/50, 16 single 4/50, 2 21 inch TT
Armor: 10-12 inch belt, 12 inch turrets, 12 inch CT
Built by US yards to a design based on USN practices.
Rebuilt in the US during the 1920's, converted to burn oil.
Both were inactive late in their careers.

Rivadavia
Built by Fore River. Laid down 25 May 1910, launched 26 Aug 1911,
completed 12/1914. Rebuilt 1924. Sold for scrapping 8 Feb 1956.

Moreno
Built by New York Shipbuilding. Laid down 9 July 1910, launched
23 Sept 1911, completed 3/1915. Rebuilt 1926. Sold for scrapping
8 Feb 1956.

Those are the three Argentinian Rivadavia class Battleship and what eventually happen to them.

By the way, hi I'm new to this forum and to the C.O.R.E. mod. I was born in Colombia and still live in Colombia (and thank god I do) who has now taken the hobby of playing grand strategy games in the internet.

Nice meeting you all...

I choose to participate in C.O.R.E. for the sole goal of bringing my beloved Colombia to its true 1936-1947 form.

I would like to now start by refering to the province of Cali. It seems that there is not one port at all in the Pacific section of Cali which makes rather useless the great Pacific port of Buenaventura. Also the province of Cali starts with a rather low infranstructure level compared to their stance in 1936 as the capital city of Cali was named the "Sugar Cane" capital of South and Central America with paved roads and railroad tracks covering thousands of kilometers leading from plantation to plantation and from sugar refinery to sugar refinery.

Now about the Colombian Navy. The Colombian Navy should start at the port-city of Cartagena not at the city of Turbo. I'll check to see their stats and will have them here in a while.

I'll continue this writing about Colombia probably tomorrow...

Santiago Jose L said:
I choose to participate in C.O.R.E. for the sole goal of bringing my beloved Colombia to its true 1936-1947 form.

Welcome to the team.

Now about the Colombian Navy. The Colombian Navy should start at the port-city of Cartagena not at the city of Turbo.

That can be arranged. Is that the location of the major Columbian naval base?

I'll check to see their stats and will have them here in a while.

I can save you some research. The Columbian Navy had 2 destroyers of the Vouga-class which were 1200 ton destroyers purchased from Portugal and 3 gunboats of the Cartegena-class which were 142 ton gunboats built in the UK.

This is how they are handled in CORE...
Code:
#############################
# Columbian 1936 Naval OOB
# by MateDow
#############################
navalunit = {
	id = { type = 12060 id = 1 }
	name = "Marina Colombina"
	location = 289 #Cali
	leader = 180024
	division = {
		id = { type = 12060 id = 2 }
		name = "Fuerza de Destructors"
		type = destroyer
		model = 2
		seaattack = 1
		seadefence = 1
		subattack = 1
		maxspeed = 36
		}
	division = {
		id = { type = 12060 id = 3 }
		name = "Fuerza de Cañonero"
		type = destroyer
		model = 1
		seaattack = 1
		airattack = 0
		subattack = 0
		maxspeed = 15
		}
	}

Hope that this helps. MDow

Santiago Jose L said:
Those are the three Argentinian Rivadavia class Battleship and what eventually happen to them.

Umm, did I miss a post where someone was asking about them? :confused:

By the way, hi I'm new to this forum and to the C.O.R.E. mod. I was born in Colombia and still live in Colombia (and thank god I do) who has now taken the hobby of playing grand strategy games in the internet.

Nice meeting you all...

Nice to meet you as well. Welcome to the CORE team and I look forward to working with you. It is always really fun working with people that are making improvements to their native countries. They always add such rich details. MDow

That can be arranged. Is that the location of the major Columbian naval base?
Yes it is. The Naval base there was as advance as those of the regional powers.

I can save you some research. The Columbian Navy had 2 destroyers of the Vouga-class which were 1200 ton destroyers purchased from Portugal and 3 gunboats of the Cartegena-class which were 142 ton gunboats built in the U.K
Seems accurate enough. Thank You for saving me the time :).

Umm, did I miss a post where someone was asking about them? :confused:
I thought I saw a post asking for them, not sure thought...

Any way I'll search some events such as the Leticia skirmish (1943?) with Peru over the Amazonas river and the creation of the Colombian Jungle Division as a result and such... Any finds I'll report with links to the pages I got the information from...

It's good that we have somebody interested in South America. Do you know how advanced Columbia's merchant marine was? I worked on 1939 Argentina. I believe 1936 Argentina needs some work as well. From my research Argentina had a decent merchant marine, this is what I put it as:

navalunit = {
name = "Transportes Navales"
id = { type = 12012 id = 15 }
location = 386

division = {
id = { type = 12012 id = 16 }
name = "Transportes Navales Nro. 1"
type = transport
model = 0
maxspeed = 12
}

division = {
id = { type = 12012 id = 17 }
name = "Transportes Navales Nro. 2"
type = transport
model = 0
maxspeed = 12
}

division = {
id = { type = 12012 id = 18 }
name = "Bahía Blanca"
type = transport
model = 1
maxspeed = 12
}
}

I also added the Bouchard class minesweepers

Sa

I can made some research on the argentinian Navy. I didnt do it before becose I think that the country was already taken.
And also I insist with the Nahuel Tank proyect. In 1942 should apear the option to start the development of a new tank it in exchange of x number of supplies. If you acepts then in mid 1943 you recive medium 75mm S (or 75mm M) tank tech.
Without a specific even like this Argentina will never reach such tank tech level. The same with Brasil and the M3 tanks.

I dont know much about CORE , i just downloaded it . . I found a mistake with Chile in original hoi2 . For the Ground Doctrine, Chile in real life had a Prussian military doctrine, in the game Chile starts with The "Soviet" Doctrine of sending large number of troops. I believe the correct technology doctrine is "Spearhead" For Chile since weve never had a large army compared to our neighbors because of our low population, However it is said the Chile's army is the among best equipped and most professional in South America, so maybe you can do something about that (somehow). Another thing , and sorry to bother you guys but i understand that Chile's IC is lower than Argentinas but in the game they put it waay to low compared to them i believe it was Argentina with like 25 and Chile with 13, Chiles should be between around 19-21 that would be more realistic. Thanks anyway even if u cant help me , TY .

Well, I've noticed that the last post was in February, but I haven't found the Argentinian Paratroopers issue cleared, what will happen? will there be an event or chain of events to give Argentina some paratroopers?

Pablo8 said:
Well, I've noticed that the last post was in February, but I haven't found the Argentinian Paratroopers issue cleared, what will happen? will there be an event or chain of events to give Argentina some paratroopers?

Probably not at this point. There is no active support for CORE1 right now, as focus has shifted to CORE2 for HoI2. If you want this, you'll have to do it yourself.

Bolivia cores

The starting description of Bolivia mentions that the province of Acre was sold to Brazil some years before the timeline of HoI and that the price did not actually compensate for the loss.

Shouldn´t Bolivia gain a core again on their former province if they join the axis and Brazil doesn´t?

The starting description of Bolivia mentions that the province of Acre was sold to Brazil some years before the timeline of HoI and that the price did not actually compensate for the loss.

Shouldn´t Bolivia gain a core again on their former province if they join the axis and Brazil doesn´t?

Hmmm possibly,but maybe the Bolivians were more bothered with Paraguay at the time :D

I know they lost the Territory in the Acre war of 1903.

But i think its not a bad idea to add the core by an Event if Bolivia Joins the Axis :cool: Defiantly worth thinking about adding.

It is a core i think in vanilla Hoi and may have been removed by CORE to stop AI militia builds or to stop successful unhistorical AI demands.But adding it as a core if Bolivia goes AXIS by event would work and be ok i think.

There are a number of debates and discussions about Hoi1 CORE South America going on at the Stony Road Hoi1 Resistance project threads .We re attempting to sort out the SA Economies so they are more playable and stable in game.

http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16

Hoi1 Bolivian Chaco War Sprites...
http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/showthread.php?t=8268

doc.gif

Dr Rare said:
It is a core i think in vanilla Hoi and may have been removed by CORE to stop AI militia builds or to stop successful unhistorical AI demands.But adding it as a core if Bolivia goes AXIS by event would work and be ok i think.

which is BS IMO, adding cores has nothing to do with mil, building, otherwise GER would build mil as well.

this is a misunderstanding, you can add as many cores you want without making the ai building militias. the text in the SIK inc is wrong.

bm