• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Could it be possible to add an event for the Italian winning at the Football World Championship in 1938? Maybe something like the events for Nobel Prize...

gorion83 said:
Could it be possible to add an event for the Italian winning at the Football World Championship in 1938? Maybe something like the events for Nobel Prize...

Sure that wouldn't be a problem. I can write up the event easy. do you have any infor on the final score, who made the goals etc. that i can work into the description?

Ghost_dk

You can find those information here: http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/02/en/pf/h/pwc/1938.html

Italy won the final 4-2 against Hungary

Goals was scored by COLAUSSI Gino (ITA) 6', TITKOS Pal (HUN) 8', PIOLA Silvio (ITA) 19', COLAUSSI Gino (ITA) 35', SAROSI Gyorgy (HUN) 70', PIOLA Silvio (ITA) 82'.

Maybe this could be an event also for Hungary and France (the final was played in Paris)

Italy won also the gold medal in football at the Olympic games of 1936. Maybe this could be another event...

gorion83 said:
You can find those information here: http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/02/en/pf/h/pwc/1938.html

Italy won the final 4-2 against Hungary

Goals was scored by COLAUSSI Gino (ITA) 6', TITKOS Pal (HUN) 8', PIOLA Silvio (ITA) 19', COLAUSSI Gino (ITA) 35', SAROSI Gyorgy (HUN) 70', PIOLA Silvio (ITA) 82'.

Maybe this could be an event also for Hungary and France (the final was played in Paris)

Italy won also the gold medal in football at the Olympic games of 1936. Maybe this could be another event...

I think we could make a world champion being held event for France maybe costing them a little supply.

Well the olympics are another matter alltogether. While the soccer world championship is a single event the olympics are a lot of different sports and if we were to write up events for all of them it would take a lot of time for no real gain exept having a gazillion flavor only events fire late 36. Hope you understand what i mean.

Ghost_dk

Hi,

I played as USA and landed in Italy. After a few days of fighting I had the "RSI..." event firing with the creation of 2 italys. Fine, but I noticed that my troops were not supplied north of Roma. Some italian troops went to greece, some were destroyed, some were fighting the very weak RSI.
Basically it was a big mess.

Isn't it possible to change that by removing completely Italy? The Allies could receive manpower and/or free infantry divisions instead. Then the provinces could stay Allied until the end of the war, the AI's job would be easier.

I also noticed that Commonwealth troops have a tendency to garrison Libyan provinces adjacent to the desert because it is still Italian. Is it possible to make them British when the event "Fall of Libya" fires?

Thanxx. Speed.

speed said:
Hi,

I played as USA and landed in Italy. After a few days of fighting I had the "RSI..." event firing with the creation of 2 italys. Fine, but I noticed that my troops were not supplied north of Roma. Some italian troops went to greece, some were destroyed, some were fighting the very weak RSI.
Basically it was a big mess.

That's exactly what happened.
When Mussolini was rescued by germans and left the prison in Gran Sasso he went North and created the Repubblica Sociale Italiana(RSI) that was basically a puppet of Germany

A big part of the Army started to fight Germans after the armistice with Allies(8th Semptember 1943 armistice, 13th September 1943, Italy declare war on Germany), however some Italians joined the RSI. The battle with germans and RSI took until April 1945.

The Army of the RSI was created on 28th October 1943. Official numbers from RSI says that over 780000 men joined the RSI (including 260000 "Militarized workers"). Today the historic archives of the Italian army says that the RSI army consisted of 558000 men.
Many of them was forced to serve in the RSI Army and diserted.
From '43 to '45 the Italian Army lost 87000 men fighting with Allies against Germans and RSI army.

@Ghost_dk. I understand why you can't include olympic games in the game.. I'm happy that the World Championship will be included :p

Hi gorion,

thanxx for the answer, I didn't know all that. There is still one problem about supplies. I suppose I have to supply Italy to avoid problems. But what about the AI, doesn't it stop them a lot from moving forward because of the supply problem?

Speed.

Confederate said:
Mussolini wasnt a bad guy. He was an intelligent leader. I think there should be some events like Mussolini's birthday. Stuff like that.

Welcome to the forum SouthernRebel :rolleyes: I see that your admiration for Hitler and Mussolini have made it from the Road To War forum to the Paradox forum.Maybe you should tell people what you think of the Nazi's and the Final Solution ;)

Strucky said:
Welcome to the forum SouthernRebel :rolleyes: I see that your admiration for Hitler and Mussolini have made it from the Road To War forum to the Paradox forum.Maybe you should tell people what you think of the Nazi's and the Final Solution ;)

What you forget that COMPARABLY Mussolini was not as bad as other Dictators (Stalin, Hitler, Franco, etc...). Atrocities were generally military retributions (something which every nationality had to different extents), but they didn't participate in systematic genocide, or severe internal repression as other dictatorships. Not to say that he was a positive leader that every nation should have, but as dicators go, he was very tame.

He didn't say ANYTHING about Hitler, or the Final Solution, so there is no need to berate him on that. The Italian treatment of Ethiopians was really not much different than other 19th Century Imperialism tactics. The Italian Fascist government even refused to allow Italian Jews to be sent to German concentration camps (until after the German takeover in 1943). For what its worth, the Italian Fascist government WAS a warmonger, and did participate in military atrocities, but compared to the other dictatorships, it was significantly better. This is all that he was trying to state.

Mussolini killed a lot of political opponents since 1924-1925, his militia troops, the "Squadristi" and "Camicie Nere" (like the German SS or SA) terrorized the population. He didn't killed a lot of Jewish, but sent a many thousands of them to Germany (this is the same to kill them in my opinion). He can't be forgiven, or his faults disregarded.

Here we are going OT for CORE thread, and maybe also against this board rules, so, please, stop speaking about Mussolini or other non CORE relevant things.

This is my first post and i would like to introduce an idea for the core mod: Why u think italy cannot enter the war with the allies ? I'm Italian and i played my campaigns (mainly the 1936-'48) remaining neutral, conquering jugoslavia,albania and greece...It would be interesting to see italy as an "allied" nation, against Nazi Germany. U could make some events like american industrial aids to italy or something like "Fascism is not the terror u have brought to europe" event in which Mussolini take position against Nazist, differencing it from the original idea of the fascism he introduced and brought on with italy...
Maybe i will find the words to explain it better ( my english is not good) but u should understand the main idea :)
Another thing: i'm not fascist but i study History at university and u shouldn't talk so bad about italy in WW2. I know our army wasn't like german one, we had commanders like Graziani and a tecnical impreparation for the war but 4 example our navy was capable of beat the "mediterrean fleet"...
There are many things to be said about the italian ww2 but this is not the time and the place to talk about it.

Div.Cor.Ariete said:
we had commanders like Graziani

Benvenuto sul forum!

I still can't understand why Graziani is a Logistic Wizard (?), Offensive doctrine (are you joking?), Skill 3 ( :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: )

gorion83 said:
Benvenuto sul forum!)
Grazie!

gorion83 said:
I still can't understand why Graziani is a Logistic Wizard (?), Offensive doctrine (are you joking?), Skill 3 ( :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: )
LOL when i saw him the first time i can't believe it! Who's the history genius that gave to this poor man (not only poor general) skill 3(!?!??!) logistic wizard,and Offensive doctrine ?????
i really wish to know him...prbably is the same that gave 3 ability also to Badoglio( :rofl: ).

Is Steel around? He hasn't responded to my PM's.

- MVSN

Div.Cor.Ariete said:
Grazie!

LOL when i saw him the first time i can't believe it! Who's the history genius that gave to this poor man (not only poor general) skill 3(!?!??!) logistic wizard,and Offensive doctrine ?????
i really wish to know him...prbably is the same that gave 3 ability also to Badoglio( :rofl: ).

Convoy Albania-Taranto

Italian AI gets hit by lack of OIL but is not smart enough to create a convoy from Albania. In conjuctions with the Germany handing over most of the Greece to Italy (v.072) there is going to ba a plenty of booty to take back. It could ease the resource hit.
Should there be an event to create a convoy when Italy controls/owns Tirana?