• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
An idea

I liked how included in the game was the mention of the Kurdish Insurrection in Syria. Well why is Kurdistan not a country that can be made. I know historically it never did, and still never has been made. But anything can happen in C.O.R.E., so maybe after so much resistence one of the 3 countries with Kurdish populations gives them independence, the 3 being Turkey, Syria, and Iraq, and a small one in Iran and in Armenia i forgot about. Or if the Axis invade the region Germany or Italy can decide to make Kurdistan out of Iraq, Syria, and Turkey. I know I'm just proposing this and not actually helpin but it's because I don't know how to scrpt any of this stuff, I can write the text for the events, and that's about it. But if youns decide you like this idea, I will research futher, (finding out how many people live in this area, how many divisions they could spit out, who their leaders were, and so forth and so forth), But anyways I just think this would be a great idea, and also Armenia should receive territory in Turkey if Turkey is Axis or has been annexed or puppeted by one of the Axis nations. But thats just my 2 cents on the whole matter

Believe, obey, fight-Benito Mussolini
The role of a citizen and soldier are inseperable-Benito Mussolini
Kill one, you're a murderer, kill a million, you're a conquerer-Dont Know

SpratleyDuce said:
I liked how included in the game was the mention of the Kurdish Insurrection in Syria. Well why is Kurdistan not a country that can be made. I know historically it never did, and still never has been made. But anything can happen in C.O.R.E., so maybe after so much resistence one of the 3 countries with Kurdish populations gives them independence, the 3 being Turkey, Syria, and Iraq, and a small one in Iran and in Armenia i forgot about. Or if the Axis invade the region Germany or Italy can decide to make Kurdistan out of Iraq, Syria, and Turkey. I know I'm just proposing this and not actually helpin but it's because I don't know how to scrpt any of this stuff, I can write the text for the events, and that's about it. But if youns decide you like this idea, I will research futher, (finding out how many people live in this area, how many divisions they could spit out, who their leaders were, and so forth and so forth), But anyways I just think this would be a great idea, and also Armenia should receive territory in Turkey if Turkey is Axis or has been annexed or puppeted by one of the Axis nations. But thats just my 2 cents on the whole matter

Believe, obey, fight-Benito Mussolini
The role of a citizen and soldier are inseperable-Benito Mussolini
Kill one, you're a murderer, kill a million, you're a conquerer-Dont Know

Yep.... I don't see why Kurdistan is no on C.O.R.E... I mean Texas is...
in Iran... the soviets did help set up the republic of Mahabad a proto Kurdish state....
It would be cool if the soviets invade Turkey and Iran and set up the 'Cumhurriyat Gel-i Kordistan'....

iraqie leader insane ?

playin 1.06c with CORE

so there i was playin italy. having conquered all of the med and syria i set my eyes on
iraq. the iraqie diplo screen told me that iraq was part of the allies so i figgured id just move
in my invincible troops. imagine my surprise when my commander told me that they couldnt
just invade a neutral country. i checked the diplo screen again, and it did show iraq as part
of the allies... but taking a closer look at the text in the text field i saw something strange.
first, iraq was listed as neutral. second, listed as in allianace with UK,france,etc. Third in WAR against UK,france,etc. i scratched my head looked at my commander. got hold of my
diplomat told him to tell the iraqies to sodd of and declared war immidiately. my happy troops
walked into basra,bagdad,etc withouth almost any resistance.....sure was a weird week
at the italian HQ.

nappy

Zhouvas said:
There ought to be an event where if the Suez Canal is taken from Britain than they get an event that decreases a few IC in England and India, to show the loss of the precious Asian supplies on the factories.

Acutally those valuable supplies would still arrive (ie. not lost), as they would be shipped around the cape of good hope. While this may take longer, the supplies would still arrive if unmolested.

What's the idea with the "Allies crush the Iraqi revolt" event? I find it pretty anoying when Iraq as my ally (playing with human Germany and Italy) first conquer Syria, Saudi Arabia and Persia with mostly Italan help while I am conquering Oman and Yemen, and all is going well dozens of divisions on Iraq and Turkey, no Allied boats or infantry on mediterraen and then for some strange reason Iraq joins the Allies.

Jevon said:
What's the idea with the "Allies crush the Iraqi revolt" event? I find it pretty anoying when Iraq as my ally (playing with human Germany and Italy) first conquer Syria, Saudi Arabia and Persia with mostly Italan help while I am conquering Oman and Yemen, and all is going well dozens of divisions on Iraq and Turkey, no Allied boats or infantry on mediterraen and then for some strange reason Iraq joins the Allies.

It's an abstraction of how the Habanayya coup attempt played out. The British had several regimental/brigade sized units in Iraq that aren't shown or represented in game. It was these units that moved against the coup and surpressed it. But I have a question here:

1. How did you get Iraq into the Axis? They start out as a British puppet, and a member of the Allies. Unless the Coup is successful it shouldn't be possible to get Iraq as an Axis member, unless you invade and puppet them.

Iraq as Axis

I haven't noticed it under V0.9, but under V0.8 and its variants, the Iraq's seemed to end up Axis about half the time and at one point I was in the middle of conquering an Axis Iraq and in mid-conquest, the Iraqi's switched back to a British puppet.

JRaup said:
1. How did you get Iraq into the Axis? They start out as a British puppet, and a member of the Allies. Unless the Coup is successful it shouldn't be possible to get Iraq as an Axis member, unless you invade and puppet them.

Iraq isn't a British puppet and they aren't in the Allies, in either the 1936 or 1939 scenarios. The pupept line is commented out in the .inc. ENG does have military control and military access, but no alliance or puppet mastery. It's just the usual influencing to get them into the Axis.

Permanganate said:
Iraq isn't a British puppet and they aren't in the Allies, in either the 1936 or 1939 scenarios. The pupept line is commented out in the .inc. ENG does have military control and military access, but no alliance or puppet mastery. It's just the usual influencing to get them into the Axis.

Feh. Forgot about that change. We'll have to see about how to avoid Iraq joining the Axis prior to the coup. Might just need a tweak to the AI neutrality value. If not, then Iraq will have to become a Brit puppet at the start again.

Bug in Iraq revolt

Unless this was already mentioned:

Events 902084 and 902002 are missing a
NOT war = { country = GER country = IRQ }
constraint (same probably for Italy). It makes no sense for the Iraq to join the Axis, when the Axis is already attacking it. Also the revolting part of the events cancles the British military access but seemingly not the British military control.