• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
From Der Bismark's site:

I think Iraq's Faisal I should be an auxillary cruiser, after all it was just an armed royal yacht and it could be used as a transport I guess.

Also for Saudi Arabia, I don't know if this should be an event but in 1943 Saudi Arabia began receiving financial credits for the expansion and modernization of its arsenal, as part of the Lend - Lease military - economic assistance package granted by the U.S. government. Also Saudi Arabia should start off with more manpower, during the 1940's the king was capable of calling up 15 000 levies (militia) at any time.

For Turkey, in 1940 the country's armed forces were composed of 20 infantry divisions, three brigades of mountain troops, one fortress brigade, and five cavalry divisions (including two reserve cavalry divisions) - altogether 132 regiments (60 infantry, six mountain troops, 21 cavalry, eight reserve cavalry, 20 field artillery, 10 heavy artillery, and seven fortress artillery. This should be shaved down a bit because in 1938 the Turkish standing army had 20 000 officers and 174 000 men but you get the idea, the Turkish OOB needs to be bigger with a few more infantry and cavalry divisions.

For Afghanistan, the existing OOB is accurate

Nepal had 45 000 troops (including 20 000 regulars) durign WWII. The firepower was provided by 12 relatively modern guns accompanied by 240 obsolete artillery pieces.

Semi-Lobster said:
Also for Saudi Arabia, I don't know if this should be an event but in 1943 Saudi Arabia began receiving financial credits for the expansion and modernization of its arsenal, as part of the Lend - Lease military - economic assistance package granted by the U.S. government. Also Saudi Arabia should start off with more manpower, during the 1940's the king was capable of calling up 15 000 levies (militia) at any time.

Nepal had 45 000 troops (including 20 000 regulars) durign WWII. The firepower was provided by 12 relatively modern guns accompanied by 240 obsolete artillery pieces.

On the Saudi front, the US military mission will eventually be in. As will all other L-L events, as long as the tech trees remain stable for a bit. These events will also probably include some economic/industrial assistance as well.

As for Nepal, that was the total for the entire period of the war correct? So having a MP level of say 50 by 1944 should be enough.

Semi-Lobster said:
Yup, 50 manpower sounds fair and it's good to hear about the L-L events! What about Turkey?

What about Turkey? I like it with gravy, stuffing, and candied yams. Oh, not what you wanted eh? :wacko:

I don't know enough about the Turkish forces for the period to comment properly, nor am I conversant with their current OOB in CORE. But if we're talking about nealry 200,000 men under arms (is that just army, or does it include all branches?), they should be able to have around 20 divisions by 1943 or so (with the standard 10,000 men per division in game). As the given numbers would indiucate a number "under strength" divisions, it's probably best to consolidate a few. Like the mountain brigades should be grouped into a single division, and the cavalry condesed to 2-3 divisions. The infantry would probably total out to around 16 HoI divisions.

That sounds fair, in that case the cavalry and mountain infantry is fine then (although I think there should be 1 more cavalry division). In general there just needs to be more infantry divisions for Turkey.

As for turkey, I prefer duck! :)

turkey navy

JRaup said:
I don't know enough about the Turkish forces for the period to comment properly, nor am I conversant with their current OOB in CORE. But if we're talking about nealry 200,000 men under arms (is that just army, or does it include all branches?), they should be able to have around 20 divisions by 1943 or so (with the standard 10,000 men per division in game). As the given numbers would indiucate a number "under strength" divisions, it's probably best to consolidate a few. Like the mountain brigades should be grouped into a single division, and the cavalry condesed to 2-3 divisions. The infantry would probably total out to around 16 HoI divisions.

according to: http://www.members.tripod.com/~marcin_w/index-2.html#TURKEY

Armed Forces:
Just before the onset of hostilities the Turkish navy underwent a program of expansion and modernization; two submarines were ordered for construction in Germany, two submarines and four destroyers were ordered for construction in U.K. Lesser vessels were also constructed in home shipyards. After Germany delivered one submarine in 1939, the Turkish navy contained 19 naval vessels and they included one armoured ship, one line cruiser, two light cruisers, two torpedo-boats, four destroyers, five submarines, and four other lesser ships (most vessels were obsolete); with a total displacement of 55 775 tonnes
here are navy details: http://warships.web4u.cz/typy.php?language=E&stat=TUR

got a good idea for Turkey
actually historically there is an event...hatay ( it is a city but not in hoi...its in gaziantep province) was a neatural zone but at 23 june 1939 it was seceded to Turkey by France and Syria..so if there was a hatay in hoi it could be seceded to Turkey with an event but theres no hatay...so maybe we can make a +1 ic to gaziantep and -5 dissent value..also +1-3 di

so any idea?

Semi-Lobster said:
I dunno, I was working with him on some Indochina events, and I haven't heard back from him. I guess he's busy with work or something

I'm around, just got too many pots boiling - owning your own business sometimes makes having a personal life difficult (hell impossible) plus I am a VJ at a bar 3 nites a week. Plus doing modding for both CORE and VIP (where we are moving in on 0.3) Add to that the attention I need to show my significant other of almost ten years every once in a while, and it makes life anything but dull to be sure.
:D

Hopefully I'll be able to do a bit of catch-up over the long weekend.

Syria

I couldn't find a thread that deals with Syria, but I would like to point out that everyone in their cabinet is an undistinguished shadow-no traits

Jer8m8 said:
I couldn't find a thread that deals with Syria, but I would like to point out that everyone in their cabinet is an undistinguished shadow-no traits

Try here. This should allow you to find someone that can answer your question. OHGamer has been the person doing most of our Middle Eastern work. Do you by chance have a cabinet for Syria? MDow

Moderator- Please move this to the Middle Eastern Thread. Thank you.

I don't have any ideas, sorry. I mean, they have names, but no stats.