• Crusader Kings II Expansion Subscription

Subscribe to the CK II Expansion and enjoy unlimited access to 13 major expansions and more!

• Paradox Space Exploration Sale has arrived! Up to 75% off

How's the space on your hard drive? Paradox wants to challenge your galaxy brain with a great selection of space exploration games - and they're all on sale for some very down-to-earth prices! The sale runs from May 4th until May 10th at 17:00 CEST / 08:00 PDT.

May 4th - May 10th
  • Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

unmerged(26501)

Corporal
Mar 5, 2004
www.teamtanked.com
An idea

I liked how included in the game was the mention of the Kurdish Insurrection in Syria. Well why is Kurdistan not a country that can be made. I know historically it never did, and still never has been made. But anything can happen in C.O.R.E., so maybe after so much resistence one of the 3 countries with Kurdish populations gives them independence, the 3 being Turkey, Syria, and Iraq, and a small one in Iran and in Armenia i forgot about. Or if the Axis invade the region Germany or Italy can decide to make Kurdistan out of Iraq, Syria, and Turkey. I know I'm just proposing this and not actually helpin but it's because I don't know how to scrpt any of this stuff, I can write the text for the events, and that's about it. But if youns decide you like this idea, I will research futher, (finding out how many people live in this area, how many divisions they could spit out, who their leaders were, and so forth and so forth), But anyways I just think this would be a great idea, and also Armenia should receive territory in Turkey if Turkey is Axis or has been annexed or puppeted by one of the Axis nations. But thats just my 2 cents on the whole matter

Believe, obey, fight-Benito Mussolini
The role of a citizen and soldier are inseperable-Benito Mussolini
Kill one, you're a murderer, kill a million, you're a conquerer-Dont Know

Kurdistani

Hürriyet ve İtilaf Fırkası
68 Badges
Jan 1, 2004
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pride of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
SpratleyDuce said:
I liked how included in the game was the mention of the Kurdish Insurrection in Syria. Well why is Kurdistan not a country that can be made. I know historically it never did, and still never has been made. But anything can happen in C.O.R.E., so maybe after so much resistence one of the 3 countries with Kurdish populations gives them independence, the 3 being Turkey, Syria, and Iraq, and a small one in Iran and in Armenia i forgot about. Or if the Axis invade the region Germany or Italy can decide to make Kurdistan out of Iraq, Syria, and Turkey. I know I'm just proposing this and not actually helpin but it's because I don't know how to scrpt any of this stuff, I can write the text for the events, and that's about it. But if youns decide you like this idea, I will research futher, (finding out how many people live in this area, how many divisions they could spit out, who their leaders were, and so forth and so forth), But anyways I just think this would be a great idea, and also Armenia should receive territory in Turkey if Turkey is Axis or has been annexed or puppeted by one of the Axis nations. But thats just my 2 cents on the whole matter

Believe, obey, fight-Benito Mussolini
The role of a citizen and soldier are inseperable-Benito Mussolini
Kill one, you're a murderer, kill a million, you're a conquerer-Dont Know

Yep.... I don't see why Kurdistan is no on C.O.R.E... I mean Texas is...
in Iran... the soviets did help set up the republic of Mahabad a proto Kurdish state....
It would be cool if the soviets invade Turkey and Iran and set up the 'Cumhurriyat Gel-i Kordistan'....

Feb 15, 2002
iraqie leader insane ?

playin 1.06c with CORE

so there i was playin italy. having conquered all of the med and syria i set my eyes on
iraq. the iraqie diplo screen told me that iraq was part of the allies so i figgured id just move
in my invincible troops. imagine my surprise when my commander told me that they couldnt
just invade a neutral country. i checked the diplo screen again, and it did show iraq as part
of the allies... but taking a closer look at the text in the text field i saw something strange.
first, iraq was listed as neutral. second, listed as in allianace with UK,france,etc. Third in WAR against UK,france,etc. i scratched my head looked at my commander. got hold of my
diplomat told him to tell the iraqies to sodd of and declared war immidiately. my happy troops
walked into basra,bagdad,etc withouth almost any resistance.....sure was a weird week
at the italian HQ.

nappy

gzav

Belgian.
60 Badges
May 31, 2002
Visit site
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Pride of Nations
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Diplomacy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
Prolly CORE stuff...

unmerged(28432)

Sergeant
Apr 28, 2004
There ought to be an event where if the Suez Canal is taken from Britain than they get an event that decreases a few IC in England and India, to show the loss of the precious Asian supplies on the factories.

unmerged(13931)

Soldier of Rome
Jan 20, 2003
Visit site
Zhouvas said:
There ought to be an event where if the Suez Canal is taken from Britain than they get an event that decreases a few IC in England and India, to show the loss of the precious Asian supplies on the factories.

Acutally those valuable supplies would still arrive (ie. not lost), as they would be shipped around the cape of good hope. While this may take longer, the supplies would still arrive if unmolested.

unmerged(34320)

Sergeant
Sep 14, 2004
www.freewebs.com
What's the idea with the "Allies crush the Iraqi revolt" event? I find it pretty anoying when Iraq as my ally (playing with human Germany and Italy) first conquer Syria, Saudi Arabia and Persia with mostly Italan help while I am conquering Oman and Yemen, and all is going well dozens of divisions on Iraq and Turkey, no Allied boats or infantry on mediterraen and then for some strange reason Iraq joins the Allies.

JRaup

Crusty Grognard
23 Badges
Apr 27, 2003
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Rise of Prussia
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
Jevon said:
What's the idea with the "Allies crush the Iraqi revolt" event? I find it pretty anoying when Iraq as my ally (playing with human Germany and Italy) first conquer Syria, Saudi Arabia and Persia with mostly Italan help while I am conquering Oman and Yemen, and all is going well dozens of divisions on Iraq and Turkey, no Allied boats or infantry on mediterraen and then for some strange reason Iraq joins the Allies.

It's an abstraction of how the Habanayya coup attempt played out. The British had several regimental/brigade sized units in Iraq that aren't shown or represented in game. It was these units that moved against the coup and surpressed it. But I have a question here:

1. How did you get Iraq into the Axis? They start out as a British puppet, and a member of the Allies. Unless the Coup is successful it shouldn't be possible to get Iraq as an Axis member, unless you invade and puppet them.

Feb 24, 2003
Visit site
Iraq as Axis

I haven't noticed it under V0.9, but under V0.8 and its variants, the Iraq's seemed to end up Axis about half the time and at one point I was in the middle of conquering an Axis Iraq and in mid-conquest, the Iraqi's switched back to a British puppet.

Permanganate

The Gibrataltor
Nov 29, 2004
JRaup said:
1. How did you get Iraq into the Axis? They start out as a British puppet, and a member of the Allies. Unless the Coup is successful it shouldn't be possible to get Iraq as an Axis member, unless you invade and puppet them.

Iraq isn't a British puppet and they aren't in the Allies, in either the 1936 or 1939 scenarios. The pupept line is commented out in the .inc. ENG does have military control and military access, but no alliance or puppet mastery. It's just the usual influencing to get them into the Axis.

JRaup

Crusty Grognard
23 Badges
Apr 27, 2003
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Rise of Prussia
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
Permanganate said:
Iraq isn't a British puppet and they aren't in the Allies, in either the 1936 or 1939 scenarios. The pupept line is commented out in the .inc. ENG does have military control and military access, but no alliance or puppet mastery. It's just the usual influencing to get them into the Axis.

Feh. Forgot about that change. We'll have to see about how to avoid Iraq joining the Axis prior to the coup. Might just need a tweak to the AI neutrality value. If not, then Iraq will have to become a Brit puppet at the start again.

WoMOS

Sergeant
5 Badges
Dec 29, 2003
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
Bug in Iraq revolt

Unless this was already mentioned:

Events 902084 and 902002 are missing a
NOT war = { country = GER country = IRQ }
constraint (same probably for Italy). It makes no sense for the Iraq to join the Axis, when the Axis is already attacking it. Also the revolting part of the events cancles the British military access but seemingly not the British military control.