• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Kochtopfhelm said:
What about the 'Heeresversuchsanstalt' in Peenemünde? Maybe in April 1936 an
- 'Should we build the 'Heeresversuchsanstalt' in Peenemünde?'
A - Yes -2500 supply, -2 IC in Stettin;
B - No we dont need this, build conventional forces instead, add 2 infantry or a fighter; then in April 1938 the
- 'Heeresversuchsanstalt' in Peenemünde completed' event
+ 2 IC in Stettin + a few rocket techs

Could you give me some links with info on this please?

Kochtopfhelm said:
B - No we dont need this, build conventional forces instead, add 2 infantry or a fighter; then in April 1938 the

Could you give me some links with info on this please? Because me german is not that good and I do not really get what this is about. I know something with rockets but that's it.

Peenemunde

I had a look at the "Heeresversuchsanstalt" mentioned above - basically it is the Research labs at Peenemunde. Originally set up in 1936, with Werner von Braun and others.

I'm not convinced it needs any especial event for it - to me it only really represents the kind of labs/testing ranges etc that any nation will have if it decides to go down the Rocketry research route - and not all players will want to do so. Without the ability to dedicate research projects to particular locations, and then bomb/invade them, it becomes a bit silly to add every historical laboratory - in HoI 2, of course, it might be that Dr von Braun & Peenemunde are one of the research teams, so it would be dealt with that way. But for HoI 1, I see no real need for it (would just be another freebie for Germany)

Tim

Kochtopfhelm said:

Nah, this is too much of a "gift" to Germany. As things are, you can get those rocket techs fairly easilly, and early. Plus, the ammount of materials and MP invested into Peenemund did not equate to 2 INF divs. Maybe a fighter unit, but certainly not 2 INFs.

Now the main thing is that Peenemund was actually working, though not on a large scale prior to 1936. So, the rocket techs aren't really justified, and especially at a cost of only 2500 supplies. Really, Germany doesn't need any more help. Especially not for rocket techs..

Whats about an event like the trinity or supersonic events for the US. Just to add some flavour? After another look at the tech tree i noticed the 'Military Test and Research Facility' tech Germany has got. This IS the Heeresversuchsanstalt, even the picture is a building in Peenemünde. So why grant this from the start to Germany and not make the event granting this tech?

Last edited:
Kochtopfhelm said:
Whats about an event like the trinity or supersonic events for the US. Just to add some flavour?

In part flavor, in part linked to techs (when they are discovered), in part to allow for teh US player/AI to switch priorities after the war starts. The US actually doesn't get anything for free, but it gives more flexibility in US development. Germany OTOH, can easilly rush out those rocket techs, and have them 2-3 years ahead of schedule. Plus, with teh revised nuke tech tree, it's very, very hard to get nukes by 45, let alone 44 or earlier.

Germany allies and puppets

Is possible made events when Germany made an allieance /with a smaller country), then apears the opcion of chose the management of sources of that country.
I mean something like this:

After Bulgaria join the Axis, Gemany (the player) ask to the bulgarian to:

A. Help Germany in military field (Bulgaria changes IA, creates inf, mot, armor insted militia and cav, and recive some military tech from germany)

B. Help Germany in industry field (Bulgaria IA didnt change, no tech recived, but some extra supplies arrives to Germany - similar to Romania oil event)

Just ideas to try to keep alliances as an usefull thing, insted anexion.

Germany never gets Vichy puppet

Hi!

I'm playing 1.06c with CORE 0.85. As Germany I defeat France in November 1939, but I always end up with Vichy going neutral and thus no puppet state for me, although that's the choice you get over total control.

Playing regular HoI I had a variation of the problem, whereas Vichy France would not be set up unless I was at war with the US, but this doesn't affect anything in CORE. Any suggestions? I badly need the resources from a Vichy puppet.

Thanks!

Vidar
Edit/Delete Message

vidarm said:
Hi!

I'm playing 1.06c with CORE 0.85. As Germany I defeat France in November 1939, but I always end up with Vichy going neutral and thus no puppet state for me, although that's the choice you get over total control.

Playing regular HoI I had a variation of the problem, whereas Vichy France would not be set up unless I was at war with the US, but this doesn't affect anything in CORE. Any suggestions? I badly need the resources from a Vichy puppet.

Thanks!

Vidar
Edit/Delete Message
If I recall corectly that's working as designed in order to keep Vichy out of the war for a while and keep things progressing historically.

Diego EV said:
Is possible made events when Germany made an allieance /with a smaller country), then apears the opcion of chose the management of sources of that country.
I mean something like this:

After Bulgaria join the Axis, Gemany (the player) ask to the bulgarian to:

A. Help Germany in military field (Bulgaria changes IA, creates inf, mot, armor insted militia and cav, and recive some military tech from germany)

B. Help Germany in industry field (Bulgaria IA didnt change, no tech recived, but some extra supplies arrives to Germany - similar to Romania oil event)

Just ideas to try to keep alliances as an usefull thing, insted anexion.

Personally I find allies and puppet states somewhat useful for maintaining garrisons, occassional tech share and most importantly manpower. They get the best use out of their land (ie national provinces = full resource and industry production) and while the AI may not be very bright I don't think it should be discounted.

I'll put on my thinking cap and maybe we'll add some events for Axis members in v0.9.

Steel,

One thing I am looking for in all of the CORE threads is a list of the events, the date on which it fires (if hard coded), and the outcome of the event. Is there anyhting like this around? I have used the list on the CORE website, and have started looking through the event files but this is rather time consuming. I am looking for a straightforward way to knowbased on what the current date is in my game what to expect is coming.

This may sound like a wild request but I only have a limited amount of gaming time and often only get to play each country once or twice between updates. Needless to say some of the German events (the country I play the least) are brand new to me and I have been surprised at how indepth and often events fire.

Maybe I am just missing the thread, if so point me in the right direction, if not maybe we need to begin a documentation of the events into a spreadsheet format for easy user viewing. Thanks.....as always.

vidarm said:
So they'll join after a while; at the historical date?

Vidar

I don't remember exactly under what circumstances Vichy joins the Axis. I think it's sometime after Torch begins, and the Allies control most of Algeria and Tunisia.

Bigcat said:
Steel,

One thing I am looking for in all of the CORE threads is a list of the events, the date on which it fires (if hard coded), and the outcome of the event. Is there anyhting like this around? I have used the list on the CORE website, and have started looking through the event files but this is rather time consuming. I am looking for a straightforward way to knowbased on what the current date is in my game what to expect is coming.

This may sound like a wild request but I only have a limited amount of gaming time and often only get to play each country once or twice between updates. Needless to say some of the German events (the country I play the least) are brand new to me and I have been surprised at how indepth and often events fire.

Maybe I am just missing the thread, if so point me in the right direction, if not maybe we need to begin a documentation of the events into a spreadsheet format for easy user viewing. Thanks.....as always.

No, there's nothing like that available. Nor are there any plans to make such a file either. The general thought is that such information should come out in game play, and a player shouldn't really be planning around events while playing. Players can of ocurse do exactly as you are, and make their own charts of events, but there is no intent ATM for teh CORE team to make such a chart.

Well I am not trying to say that I am planning my strategy around events, I was just looking to get a complete list of events and their dates. Skipping around countries in the game makes it tough to remember what event fires when and should I DOW on a country or will an event do that for me later without the dissent hit. Thanks for the response though, I may have to start working up my own little "cheat sheet" of events.

Kriegsmarine construction question.

I have a question about the triggers for construction of ships when playing as Germany. In early 1938 the option is presented to the German player to begin preparations to build a navy. The first option appears pretty much on schedule, as does the follow on. However, once the player chooses to construct a full size navy, the options to build seem to come very erratically.

Here are the situations I have seen as Germany, choosing the same option to build a navy each game. In game one, I was presented in 1939 with the choice to build full navy, partial navy, only small ships, or no ships. I chose full size and was presented with the same build options regularly at intervals of about 9 months. This went on until I quit the game in 1943. By that time I had a navy of respectable size.

In game two, I again chose the same options to prepare for the construction of a navy. However, in this game, I was never presented with the actual build options. In other words, the game asked me if I wanted to prepare but never game me the option to build. I know I can build the ships on my own (duh!), but my question is; what triggers the game to present the player with the option to build? And, is the building sequence, once begun, on a predictable timeline? If so, what is it?

The only strategic difference between the games is that in game two I invaded and annexed Yugoslavia in 1938, after the first option to prepare for the construction of my navy. After that, no more navy options appeared at all.