• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
we should make these events, i found it on some site:
September 15 1938
Chamberlain-Hitler talks at Berchtesgaden.
and

September 22-23
Chamberlain-Hitler talks at Godesberg.

it should make UK warentry -5 or -3

also:

September 30
Chamberlain-Hitler peace declaration signed.

and

December 6
Franco-German peace declaration signed.

this should make France warentry -5

and
April 14 1939
Communication of President Roosevelt to Chancellor Hitler and
Premier Mussolini: Plea for 10-year guaranty of peace.

April 28
German note notified Great Britain of denunciation of the Naval
Agreement of June 18, 1935.

German note to Poland denounced the 10-year non-aggression
treaty of January 26, 1934 between the two countries and
requested the return of Danzig as well as an extraterritorial
railway and highway connection to East Prussia.

August 24
President Roosevelt sent appeals for peace to Chancellor Hitler,
President Moscicki, and King Victor Emmanuel.

November 21
German-Slovak treaty signed at Berlin, ceding to Slovakia 225
square miles of territory annexed by Poland in 1920, 1924, and

Last edited:
German AI - Coastal Defence

As per discussion in this thread is anybody willing to pick up a project to mod the German AI? The idea is to increase coastal defences a bit, primarily in German home area but probably to some extent in conquered territory. This might have an added benefit of slowing down Germany against the USSR (I think Germany is a little over-powered right now).

I´d like to see something to reflect the german attempts to plant spies in the USA per U-Boot (who in RL deserted almost immediately :D )
have no idea about possible effects though...

Last edited:
Originally posted by Sljam
how to make historical scenario then?

You CAN create an event for the Reichsdag burning down, and you can add commands that move your alignment away from communism for example.

I just don't want no events which includes purging of large population groups. Don't push your luck mate.

No Endlösung events are allowed either, no deathcamps, no gulags. This all goes into the same category.

Capice?

How about :
-Berlin Olympics in 1936; it should lower supplies and decrease
war entry and dissent.
-the "Hindenburg" destroyed(1937); maybe increase dissent a bit; it
was a symbol for Germany

Originally posted by emperor dennis
How about :
-Berlin Olympics in 1936; it should lower supplies and decrease
war entry and dissent.
-the "Hindenburg" destroyed(1937); maybe increase dissent a bit; it
was a symbol for Germany

currently the oympics game only lower the war entry (idea from Bolt :D )

Originally posted by Vulture
You CAN create an event for the Reichsdag burning down, and you can add commands that move your alignment away from communism for example.

I just don't want no events which includes purging of large population groups. Don't push your luck mate.

No Endlösung events are allowed either, no deathcamps, no gulags. This all goes into the same category.

Capice?
yes sir!

Originally posted by SykoNurse
How about the Neuschwabenland expedition in 38-39?
Germany claimed about 1/5 of the Antarctics as her territory back then. Since the poles are not even on the map it could be a flavour event only or lower dissent.

Hmm, I like this idea. How about it it gave some progress towards arctic warfare equipment (not the tech itself, but one of the pre-reqs)? Also some DI increase as this was an assertion of Germany's influence beyond their borders. I don't think it should affect dissent though.

Originally posted by Steel
How about it it gave some progress towards arctic warfare equipment (not the tech itself, but one of the pre-reqs)?
I'd have to vote against that. All the prereqs are fairly IC/Time intensive techs (IIRC: Mass Production, Synthetic Materials, Nylon) that can push Germany alot closer to those Synthetic plants and Paratroopers that they need to work for.

A couple of DI points wouldn't be out of the question, however. :)

i thought lower dissent could be the right thing because an expedition like that could be used in propaganda...
have to admit though that i like the DI thing better :D

how about a naval or air tech prerequisite? the expedition had that jumpjet style plane on board... but as i know nothing bout the game balance somebody else please judge that.

Originally posted by Guinnessmonkey
I'd have to vote against that. All the prereqs are fairly IC/Time intensive techs (IIRC: Mass Production, Synthetic Materials, Nylon) that can push Germany alot closer to those Synthetic plants and Paratroopers that they need to work for.

A couple of DI points wouldn't be out of the question, however. :)
i like more the idea of the DI, maybe we can lower dissen by 2 points (very little ;) ).

Just looked at the tech files, Guinnessmonkey is right :( Back to the drawing board...

I'm not keen on dissent reduction, Germany already get's -35 dissent in the pre-war years by annexing Memel, Austia, Sudeten and Czech. Giving them even more dissent reduction just encourages people to exploit this, I don't think any other nation get's such an easy ride.

If everybody agrees DI increase is ok, then let's go with that as an effect, say 5 DI points. What about event costs, perhaps a supply reduction? For triggers I'd suggest Germany needs to be at peace. The source indicates it took two months to return home, so April 1939 as a start date and a 30 day offset should work.

We could add the second mission as well. The source indicates this was planned but cancelled due to the outbreak of hostilities. Start date April 1939, 30 day offset, random = 25? It would again require Germany to be at peace so it would be a reward for players who avoided the Danzig Crisis. This could give 5 DI points and maybe a start_research for Arctic Warfare Equipment (I think that ignores pre-reqs).

Originally posted by Steel
Just looked at the tech files, Guinnessmonkey is right :( Back to the drawing board...

I'm not keen on dissent reduction, Germany already get's -35 dissent in the pre-war years by annexing Memel, Austia, Sudeten and Czech. Giving them even more dissent reduction just encourages people to exploit this, I don't think any other nation get's such an easy ride.

If everybody agrees DI increase is ok, then let's go with that as an effect, say 5 DI points. What about event costs, perhaps a supply reduction? For triggers I'd suggest Germany needs to be at peace. The source indicates it took two months to return home, so April 1939 as a start date and a 30 day offset should work.

We could add the second mission as well. The source indicates this was planned but cancelled due to the outbreak of hostilities. Start date April 1939, 30 day offset, random = 25? It would again require Germany to be at peace so it would be a reward for players who avoided the Danzig Crisis. This could give 5 DI points and maybe a start_research for Arctic Warfare Equipment (I think that ignores pre-reqs).
i like the idea of the second mission.... :D

As per discussion in this thread is anybody willing to pick up a project to mod the German AI? The idea is to increase coastal defences a bit, primarily in German home area but probably to some extent in conquered territory. This might have an added benefit of slowing down Germany against the USSR (I think Germany is a little over-powered right now).

here just a little tweaked.
but on the contrary i don't think it will slow germany, it will make them faster, as all the coastal forts reduce the amount of garrison divisions needed.
if you want to slow them make the percentage of garrison forces higher.

The AI below build coastal forts and won't build IC-upgrades, as this does not make sense for germany....
it will also build forts to france and soviets. (siegfried line), but only at low levels.

construction = {
max_factor = 0.2
max_AA = 6
AA_batteries = yes
max_AA_level = 3

coastal_fort = yes
max_coastal_level = 3

fort_borders = {FRA,SOV}
max_land_level = 2

ic_at_war = no
force_ic_until = 1935
ic_end_year = 1946
}

tweaking AI

In regard to tweaking the AI, would you like to see a reactive AI? Or to rephrase, different AI's for Germany depending on events/war outcomes? Interesting project, but isn't current German AI relatively stronger than other AI's? Shouldn't better UK/Commonwealth/Japan/US AI's have a higher priority?

Re: tweaking AI

Originally posted by Wineman
In regard to tweaking the AI, would you like to see a reactive AI? Or to rephrase, different AI's for Germany depending on events/war outcomes? Interesting project, but isn't current German AI relatively stronger than other AI's? Shouldn't better UK/Commonwealth/Japan/US AI's have a higher priority?
yes, i think the same...
add to the list Italy also...

:D

Wineman, the original request was from swilhelm13 in another thread (see link in earlier post in this thread). Basically he found it easy to exploit the lack of German coastal defence by amphib landing a cav division and running all over Germany, damaging industry etc. The idea is to enhance all of the Paradox AI files (there's already different files for different situations) for Germany to include some level of coastal defence (divisions, not forts - although forts might be useful as well).

EDIT: I should add that this should include using the admiral section to make sure the Baltic and North Sea is patrolled by the Kriegsmarine.