• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Morpheus9 said:
hmmm.did that but missed it. try again when im athome.
THX for the evant title...
You are welcome :) Let me know what you think of the events, it was a *long* time ago that I scripted them and maybe they could do with some enhancements.

hello!
core 0.9 question:

i have choosen the diplomatic solution in the 2-2-6 incident and stayed a democraty with japan.
The Problem: as a democracy, i has much more consum as fascist and it costs losts of dissent to declare war to a neutral nation.

my question: hot to become a fascist as japan without this 2-2-6 event?
Are there later on any elections?

HAY-Deez said:
hello!
core 0.9 question:

i have choosen the diplomatic solution in the 2-2-6 incident and stayed a democraty with japan.
The Problem: as a democracy, i has much more consum as fascist and it costs losts of dissent to declare war to a neutral nation.

my question: hot to become a fascist as japan without this 2-2-6 event?
Are there later on any elections?
The Marco Polo Bridge incident leads to war with China without dissent cost (this occurs in mid-1937). Later there will be opportunities to become a fascist state and to go to war with the UK, the Dutch and the USA.

ah, hope so.
do you know when these event occure?
want to use the lower consum just before i go to war vs. uk and usa :)

HAY-Deez said:
ah, hope so.
do you know when these event occure?

It's Event 492079, and fires randomly some time in 1941 if you have Konoe Fumimaro as your Head of Government, you are at war with Nationalist China, and you aren't at war with the USA. It'll install Tojo Hideki as Head of Government, who will make you Fascist. Unfortunately, since any human player will wipe the floor with Nationalist China long before 1941, you'll probably never see this event. Still, you'll have 100% war entry long before that, and Japan takes 1/5 of normal DoW dissent when a democracy, so you can still start the Pacific War when you want.

mainly my consum is interesting for me... and a democracy nation needs much more than a fascist one :rolleyes:

another question:
what about annexing Nat. China, Sinkiang or communist China?
Must i be afraid that the allies will declare war to me, if i annex one of them or all? In the last Versions of CORE the haven`t, but how about in the new one?

HAY-Deez said:
what about annexing Nat. China, Sinkiang or communist China?
Must i be afraid that the allies will declare war to me, if i annex one of them or all? In the last Versions of CORE the haven`t, but how about in the new one?

None of those countries are in anyone's sphere of influence, and no matter how much of a conquest spree JAP goes on, as long as they don't trigger a SoI event the Allies will generally declare war on GER. Take 'em all out! :)

One thing to watch out for; if you're going to get in a war with SOV, don't take out Sinkiang. It'll give you an extra border to defend, of low infra provinces with no land link to your capital, and facing SOV low infra provinces which will bleed you dry if you take the offensive there. Sinkiang is harmless; just place a division or two on the 34-infra province (formerly CHI's) next door, and bomb their entire army away. Do it again if you notice they've built a new unit. If you don't have enough planes for that, let them advance onto flat ground in CHI, and then bomb their entire army away.

Com China needs an event that ask whether Com China want to make peace with Nat China in 1936. It's silly when you play as Com China and conquer several provinces, suddenly Nat China get peace event but you don't get any notification and lost conquered provinces.

ladyfabia said:
Com China needs an event that ask whether Com China want to make peace with Nat China in 1936. It's silly when you play as Com China and conquer several provinces, suddenly Nat China get peace event but you don't get any notification and lost conquered provinces.

I have an expanded Xi'an incident chain, but I'm not sure if it will make it into CORE for HoI1 or not. The expanded chian includes more detail as to the way events unfolded, and options for ComChi and SIK. It will definitely be in CORE2 for HoI2 though.

Hoi1 CORE Japan

Hoi1 CORE Japan:New Work,Discussion,Projects

There is some current discussion about Japan in the CORE mod amongst the
Hoi1 Resistance CORE fixitpack team at the stony site that may be of interest to people here....

http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/showthread.php?t=9064

And a brand new Enhanced and improved

New Hoi1 CORE Japanese Leaders & Ministers + Pics pack v.1

http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/showpost.php?p=156981&postcount=44

has been added to the official New Hoi1 CORE v0.91/0.92 Fixes ,Tweaks & Extras DOWNLOADS thread at stony....

http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/showthread.php?t=8853

Fell free to converse here or at stony on project

Enjoy

Dr

Event SIA 1152013

Seems to be a typo:

Code:
#########################################
# 1152013 - (SIA)Official Discrimination of Religious Minorities(by Semi-Lobster & Ghost_dk)
#########################################
event = {
	id = 1152013
	random = no
	country = SIA

trigger = { 
		event = 1152012
		atwar = no
		NOT = { 
			government = democratic # these governments would probably not have passed the law
			government = communist
			alliance = { country = ENG country = SIA }
			alliance = { country = [color=red]SOV[/color][color=yellow]SIA][/color] country = SOV }
			}
		}

name = CEVTNAME_1152013
	desc = CEVTDESC_1152013
	style = 0

date = { day = 15 month = august year = 1939 }

action_a = {
		name = CEVTACTA_1152013
		command = { type = alignment which = fascist value = 10 }
		command = { type = influence value = -2 }
		command = { type = dissent value = -1 }
		}
}

Excellent find CD.

I shall tweak the next version for release to include this bug fix.

doc.gif

Outer Manchuria and Mongolia?

As far as I read the event files neither Manchukuo, Nat. China, Comm. China ever get cores on "Outer Manchuria".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outer_Manchuria

A larger map of the areas ceded by Quing China to Russia:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/11/China_USSR_E_88.jpg

Outer Manchuria is, just like HongKong, Macau etc. an area that Quing China ceded away to a foreign power. In this case to the Russian Empire.

Strange is that Nat. China gains a core on Tannu Tuva when that state becomes a part of the soviet union - seemingly because Nat. china considers it part of China.
Strange because Tannu Tuva (province 1534) has no land connection to the other provinces that Nat. China claims. *Unless* National China also claims ownership of Mongolia as the Quing did and the Republic of China did:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/82/LA2-NSRW-1-0148.jpg

I suggest to add cores on Mongolia as well in that event.

Code:
#########################################################################
#  The End of Tannu Tuva (NatChi)
#########################################################################
event = { 
	id = 522000
	random = no
	country = CHI

# Historical event November 1944
	# Triggered by USSR event 222001

name = CEVTNAME_522000
	desc = CEVTDESC_522000
	style = 0

action_a = {
		name = CEVTACTA_522000
		command = { type = alignment which = fascist value = 20 }	# move away from Communism
		command = { type = alignment which = democratic value = 20 } 	# move away from Communism
		command = { type = addcore which = 1534 } 			# China will regain Kyzyl
	}
}

Is there any reason or difference between adding 20 to fascist and 20 to democratic instead of using one line like
command = { type = alignment which = communist value = -20 } # move away from Communism
?

My second suggestion would be to add an event that allows Manchukuo to add cores on "outer Manchuria" if it is at war with the Soviet union. "outer manchuria" being any provinces currently held by the USSR south of the Amur river.

National and Comm. China should be more reluctant to anger the Soviets and only add those cores if either of them has been eliminiated and the other controls a major part of China - most likely only after the end of WW2.

River name

Taking a closer look at Manchuria I wonder now what the "Amiu river" should be. Isn´t it the AMUR river that forms the border between China and the USSR? Or is Amiu the english name?

Hello ,

IIRC many of the Chinese/Asian Claims were removed to stop AI auto militia builds i think its documented in the readmes or Faq in game.Defiantly all the Sinkiang claims on the rest of China were removed for this reason.

But i do not think Manchuria ever had the claims in game.Most of the claims you talk off were in Hoi1 Vanilla originally.

I think some claims are added later on by events ?

If not ,i have some unreleased events that do ,to test for later Chinese civil war action.

Dr

EDIT. Have altered the SIA event with your bug fix, will upload the file in the near future.

Dr

Last edited:
But i do not think Manchuria ever had the claims in game.Most of the claims you talk off were in Hoi1 Vanilla originally.
I think some claims are added later on by events ?

Not in "core_NEAsia.txt" event file which should include Manchuria/Manchukuo