• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
With so many files needing changing it might be easier/faster if you post the current files with your tweaks added to them in packs at stony for me to integrate?

I´ll try.

Edit: Uploaded the changes versions here:
http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/showthread.php?p=162046#post162046

My only issue with moving the 1939.txt is that it will not overwrite as all other packs there will still be the stray 1939.txt in the scenarios folder ,but it will be obsolete and not read by the game so its not much of a issue.

Unless we create a "full" version of CORE that not only upgrades 0.91 that upgrades 0.90 but is a full install --> CORE 0.92

What of the events tweaks you posted in post 650?Will they still be needed or will those events be obsolete?Or do they still need to be added to with the extra events you suggested?

They still need to be changed. Those files from the 1939.txt file only make sure that ENG declares war on GER when GER is at war with POL. The changes to the event chain of ENG/POL still needs to be made - if not then POL will still be an early member of the Allies.

Last edited:
I´ll try.

Edit: Uploaded the changes versions here:
http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/showthread.php?p=162046#post162046
:cool:Thanks CD see you there.:)
Unless we create a "full" version of CORE that not only upgrades 0.91 that upgrades 0.90 but is a full install --> CORE 0.92
Yes agreed but unfortunately i do not know how to make such a pack with the desktop icon appearing ,But i have worked out how to make the 0.92 Auto-install using winrar.

I can replace the text in the mod-CORE/scenarios/1939/1939.txt to say just "#Files moved to events"

They still need to be changed. Those files from the 1939.txt file only make sure that ENG declares war on GER when GER is at war with POL. The changes to the event chain of ENG/POL still needs to be made - if not then POL will still be an early member of the Allies.
ok i will add those tweaks ,was there to be anther event or tweaking needed for them or are they good to go?

EDIT are the tweaks for FRA/POL/ENG already added to the pack at stony you posted?

(I have the text.csv v.11 and bolted event changes ready to upload and will do so)

Dr

Last edited:
Yes agreed but unfortunately i do not know how to make such a pack with the desktop icon appearing ,But i have worked out how to make the 0.92 Auto-install using winrar.

Isnt´t that achieved by extracting the Icon to C:\Windows\Desktop as that folder contains all files that appear directly on the desktop? At least for me using Windows 98SE.

I can replace the text in the mod-CORE/scenarios/1939/1939.txt to say just "#Files moved to events"

Then we have at least saved a few bits when compared to leaving a useless file rot in /scenarios/1939 ;)

ok i will add those tweaks ,was there to be anther event or tweaking needed for them or are they good to go?

Depends. My current changes are only a quick fix that ENG as before states the guarantee --> triggers POL decision. POL decides YES/NO. If yes then the ENG event that makes POL a member of the Allies does no longer fire immediately on March 30th, but on May 15th closer to the historical date of the franco-polish treaty:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-Polish_Military_Alliance#1939

If we want to have FRA a say in this we need a new french event and could perhaps move the alliance command even further back. But better test a game with the changes to 1939.txt and the alliance with POL moved back 2 month before doing further changes.

Isnt´t that achieved by extracting the Icon to C:\Windows\Desktop as that folder contains all files that appear directly on the desktop? At least for me using Windows 98SE.
Yes you can do it manually and make a desktop shortcut and apply the icon to it.
But the 0.90/0.91 install does it automatically which is a great Newbie aid as they can just click on the icon straight away.
Then we have at least saved a few bits when compared to leaving a useless file rot in /scenarios/1939 ;)
Yes my thought exactly and to avoid future confusion and of course if the mod was ever put in one single pack like the past rumored v1.0 then we could leave it out then.
Depends. My current changes are only a quick fix that ENG as before states the guarantee --> triggers POL decision. POL decides YES/NO. If yes then the ENG event that makes POL a member of the Allies does no longer fire immediately on March 30th, but on May 15th closer to the historical date of the franco-polish treaty:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-Polish_Military_Alliance#1939

If we want to have FRA a say in this we need a new french event and could perhaps move the alliance command even further back. But better test a game with the changes to 1939.txt and the alliance with POL moved back 2 month before doing further changes.
Ok cool i will leave that for now.

I will test the new 1939.txt integrated files you have posted to make sure they load and run (i am sure they will)and repack them .Opening the 1939 game should test that ,but 36 will take longer.I do not have time to playtest at the moment ,so please tell me if they work ok for you.

Dr

Event ENG 272159

In my current game I triggered that event manually after I achieved the "New Order West" and puppeted England to give some spoils to Italy too.

In this ahistorical event UK cedes everything between Ethiopia and Lybia to Italy - except 2 inland desert provinces that were landlocked between Italian coast and Egypt after the event.

I suggest to add those two provinces to the list of ceded provinces.

And the usual cosmetic deathdate change.

The offset makes me wonder - this event is triggered by event ITA 462114. So the whole startdate, offset and deathdate would be useless and could be removed?
Either that or we would add "event 462114" to the trigger to ensure that the Italian choice had happened and a sleepevent in the Italian b choice.

Code:
##########################################
# 272159 - The New Roman Empire (Unhistorical)!
##########################################
event = { 
id = 272159
random = no 
country = ENG 

name = CEVTNAME_272159
desc = CEVTDESC_272159
style = 0

[color=yellow]#triggered by event ITA 462114[/color]
[color=red]#date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1936 }
#offset = 7
#deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1959}[/color]

action_a = {
	name = OK
	command = { type = secedeprovince which = ITA  value = 1091 } [color=yellow]#whole of [/color]
	command = { type = secedeprovince which = ITA  value = 1090 } [color=yellow]# Egypt and[/color]
	command = { type = secedeprovince which = ITA  value = 1205 } [color=yellow]# Sudan[/color]
	command = { type = secedeprovince which = ITA  value = 1275 }
	command = { type = secedeprovince which = ITA  value = 1298 }
	command = { type = secedeprovince which = ITA  value = 1191 }
	command = { type = secedeprovince which = ITA  value = 1190 }
	command = { type = secedeprovince which = ITA  value = 1287 }
	command = { type = secedeprovince which = ITA  value = 1199 }
	command = { type = secedeprovince which = ITA  value = 1102 }
	command = { type = secedeprovince which = ITA  value = 1195 }
	command = { type = secedeprovince which = ITA  value = 1193 }
	command = { type = secedeprovince which = ITA  value = 1196 }
	command = { type = secedeprovince which = ITA  value = 1209 }
	command = { type = secedeprovince which = ITA  value = 1304 }
	command = { type = secedeprovince which = ITA  value = 1307 }
	command = { type = secedeprovince which = ITA  value = 1308 }
	command = { type = secedeprovince which = ITA  value = 1306 }
	command = { type = secedeprovince which = ITA  value = 1301 }
	command = { type = secedeprovince which = ITA  value = 1198 }
	command = { type = secedeprovince which = ITA  value = 896 }
        [color=yellow]command = { type = secedeprovince which = ITA  value = 1093 }
	command = { type = secedeprovince which = ITA  value = 1104 }[/color]
	command = { type = trigger which = 462115 }
	command = { type = trigger which = 902059 }
	command = { type = trigger which = 552024 }
	command = { type = trigger which = 902058 }

}
}

Code:
#####################################################
# 462114 - England Sues Italy for Peace (Unhistorical)!
event = { 
id = 462114
random = no 
country = ITA 

name = CEVTNAME_462114
desc = CEVTDESC_462114
style = 0

[color=yellow]#triggered by event ENG 272158[/color]

action_a = {
	name = CEVTACTA_462114
	command = { type = trigger which = 272159 }
	command = { type = peace which = ENG value = 1 }
        command = { type = dissent value = -30 }
	command = { type = independence which = IRQ value = 1 }
	command = { type = independence which = SYR value = 1 }
	command = { type = independence which = EGY value = 1 }
	}
action_b = {
	name = CEVTACTB_462114
	command = { type = dissent value = 10 }
	}

}

Code:
# 272158 - England Sues Italy for Peace (Unhistorical)!
#event = { 
#id = 272158
#random = no 
#country = ENG 
#
#	trigger = {
#		control = { province = 908 data = ITA }
#		control = { province = 893 data = ITA }
#		control = { province = 897 data = ITA }
#		control = { province = 905 data = ITA }
#		control = { province = 933 data = ITA }
#		control = { province = 567 data = ITA }
#		control = { province = 912 data = ITA }
#		control = { province = 896 data = ITA }
#		control = { province = 1099 data = ITA }
#		control = { province = 1101 data = ITA } 
#		control = { province = 1102 data = ITA }
#		control = { province = 1100 data = ITA } 
#		control = { province = 1274 data = ITA }
#		control = { province = 1273 data = ITA }
#		control = { province = 1198 data = ITA } 
#		control = { province = 1295 data = ITA }
#		control = { province = 1272 data = ITA }
#		control = { province = 602 data = GER }
#		control = { province = 527 data = GER }
#		war = { country = GER country = ENG }
#		war = { country = ITA country = ENG }   
#				
#	NOT = {
#		OR = {
#		exists = EGY
#		exists = LEB
#		exists = SYR
#		exists = IRQ
#		#alliance = { country = GER country = ITA }
#		}
#	}
#}
#
#date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1936 }
#offset = 30
#deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1959 }
#	
#name = CEVTNAME_272158
#desc = CEVTDESC_272158
#style = 0
#
#action_a = {
#	name = CEVTACTA_272158
#	command = { type = trigger which = 462114 }
#	}
#action_b = {
#	name = CEVTACTB_272158
#	command = { type = dissent value = 10 }
#	}
#
#}

Removed # to activate starting event again, sorted and commented provinces:

Code:
####################################################
 272158 - England Sues Italy for Peace (Unhistorical)!
####################################################
event = { 
	id = 272158
	random = no 
	country = ENG 

trigger = {	
		control = { province = 567 data = ITA } #Venezia, Italy
		control = { province = 893 data = ITA } #Tarent, Italy
		control = { province = 896 data = ITA } #Malta,  historically never conquered by the Axis
		control = { province = 897 data = ITA } #Messina, Italy
		control = { province = 905 data = ITA } Bologna, Italy
		control = { province = 908 data = ITA } #Rom, Italy
		control = { province = 912 data = ITA } #Milano, Italy
		control = { province = 933 data = ITA } #Genua, Italy
		control = { province = 1099 data = ITA } #Alexandria, Egypt
		control = { province = 1100 data = ITA } # Port Said, Egypt
		control = { province = 1101 data = ITA } #Cairo, Egypt
		control = { province = 1102 data = ITA } #Suez, Egypt
		control = { province = 1198 data = ITA } #Bur Sudan, Egypt
		control = { province = 1272 data = ITA } #Bagdad, Iraq
		control = { province = 1273 data = ITA } #Beirut, Libanon
		control = { province = 1274 data = ITA } #Damascus, Syria
		control = { province = 1295 data = ITA } #Addis Abeba, Ethiopia italian colony
		control = { province = 602 data = GER } #Berlin, Germany
		control = { province = 527 data = GER } #Stuttgart, Germany
		war = { country = GER country = ENG }
		war = { country = ITA country = ENG } 
		[color=yellow]NOT = { exists = GRE 
                        exists = ALB }[/color]
		NOT = {
			OR = {
			exists = EGY
			exists = LEB
			exists = SYR
			exists = 	IRQ
		#alliance = { country = GER country = ITA }
				}
			}
		}

date = { day = 1 month = january year = [color=red]1936[/color][color=yellow]1938[/color] }
offset = [color=red]30[/color][color=yellow]60[/color] # for an ahistorical event every two month is enough
deathdate = { [color=red]day = 30 month = december[/color] year = 19[color=red]59[/color][color=yellow]60[/color] }

name = CEVTNAME_272158
desc = CEVTDESC_272158
style = 0

action_a = {
	name = CEVTACTA_272158
	command = { type = trigger which = 462114 }
	}
action_b = {
	name = CEVTACTB_272158
	command = { type = dissent value = 10 }
	}

}

Edit: The starting event is a bit peculiar. To make sense it would need to check that Italy has not lost any provinces of it´s own and conquered much more than historically to make England sue for a seperate peace.
However checking if Germany controls Berlin and Freiburg which it starts with seems very conservative. IMO it should check for Vichy or control of Warsaw and Paris, because even if Italy takes Egypt and marches into Bagdad I doubt that England would surrender the Mediterrenean to Italy if France still controls Paris or Germany never conquered Poland. Or if ITA is at war with the USSR at the same time.

I guess that´s the reason that this event was disabled.

We should modify the trigger to make sure that in a historical game it never happens. Under historical situations England would not have made a seperate peace with Italy.
Either Italy and/or Germany must perform outstanding to make this event trigger, similar to the trigger for Vichy or the "New Order West" events.

Edit: Added the condition to the starting event that Albania and Greece must not exist.
No "new roman empire" without controlling the adriatic coast.

Last edited:
In my current game I triggered that event manually after I achieved the "New Order West" and puppeted England to give some spoils to Italy too.

In this ahistorical event UK cedes everything between Ethiopia and Lybia to Italy - except 2 inland desert provinces that were landlocked between Italian coast and Egypt after the event.

I suggest to add those two provinces to the list of ceded provinces.
:cool:Well spotted CD.
And the usual cosmetic deathdate change.
:cool:If you have ever wondered why i made them all December 1959 it was so that January 1st 1960 would really be the end of the game as opposed to December 1960.My only reason for this and having 1960 as the end date was that historically many new nations gained independence in 1960(loads of African ones)and thus the historical events of 1960 were impossible to mange to mod with the amount of nation tags available.
The offset makes me wonder - this event is triggered by event ITA 462114. So the whole startdate, offset and deathdate would be useless and could be removed?
Yes it seems it was disabled at some stage,there are many events like this in the mod ,i think they were left as originally scripted so it would be easier for future modders to work out what has been tweaked and in case of needing to enable them again.
Either that or we would add "event 462114" to the trigger to ensure that the Italian choice had happened and a sleepevent in the Italian b choice.
Sounds good(from what i understand) i say if you think we should, then YES.

Dr

Edit:I have sent you a PM

Last edited:
:cool:Well spotted CD.
:cool:If you have ever wondered why i made them all December 1959 it was so that January 1st 1960 would really be the end of the game as opposed to December 1960.My only reason for this and having 1960 as the end date was that historically many new nations gained independence in 1960(loads of African ones)and thus the historical events of 1960 were impossible to mange to mod with the amount of nation tags available.
Yes it seems it was disabled at some stage,there are many events like this in the mod ,i think they were left as originally scripted so it would be easier for future modders to work out what has been tweaked and in case of needing to enable them again.
Sounds good(from what i understand) i say if you think we should, then YES.
Dr

Updated post 664

Just to check before i tweak,is this all good to add now?

Dr

The changes to ENG 272159 and ITA 462114 can safely be added.

However the question if the starting event should be further changed to make it more difficult to achieve is still open. Someone for some reason has to have thought that this event might trigger to easily - else why should the event completely have been commented out with #?

I would suggest to change at least one condition
"Greece does not exist/has been defeated". If Greece still exists then they will cede Crete to England as a base and England certainly won´t yet give up Egypt and Sudan to Italy.

Edit: The starting event is a bit peculiar. To make sense it would need to check that Italy has not lost any provinces of it´s own and conquered much more than historically to make England sue for a seperate peace.
However checking if Germany controls Berlin and Freiburg which it starts with seems very conservative. IMO it should check for Vichy or control of Warsaw and Paris, because even if Italy takes Egypt and marches into Bagdad I doubt that England would surrender the Mediterrenean to Italy if France still controls Paris or Germany never conquered Poland. Or if ITA is at war with the USSR at the same time.

I guess that´s the reason that this event was disabled.
I think you are right
We should modify the trigger to make sure that in a historical game it never happens. Under historical situations England would not have made a seperate peace with Italy.
Would it make any difference if it was just a Anglo-Italian conflict?Say If ENG DOW's ITA over Ethiopia early in Game?
Either Italy and/or Germany must perform outstanding to make this event trigger, similar to the trigger for Vichy or the "New Order West" events.
I think you are right only under exceptional circumstances

The changes to ENG 272159 and ITA 462114 can safely be added.
OK:cool:
However the question if the starting event should be further changed to make it more difficult to achieve is still open. Someone for some reason has to have thought that this event might trigger to easily - else why should the event completely have been commented out with #?
I do worry a little bit about enabling this event again as it must have been disabled for a reason?Perhaps because there was just no need for it?
I must say i have often seen it happen in my games for AI Italy and IIRC something about the New roman Empire events used to annoy me in game as it causes a unhistorical cut up of Greece i think?....In fact i think i used to reload if i saw it trigger...and i think i have some events that did a better cut up if New roman empire had not fired.
I would suggest to change at least one condition
"Greece does not exist/has been defeated". If Greece still exists then they will cede Crete to England as a base and England certainly won´t yet give up Egypt and Sudan to Italy.
That sounds good to me.

I always try to grab Crete before the Greeks hand it over to the English...in fact i used to move quite fast through Balkans and Greece Grab Crete quick and then use my paras to jump Jerusalem and Alexandria(supported by Sea invasion) from Crete to stop the Italians grabbing it all(by puppeting Egypt first:) ) i also would take my paras after reinforcing Jerusalem and taking surrounding provinces and get them in jump range of Kuwait then when in supply again with back up or axis middle eastern allies then move into Kuwait and then Para jump Mecca (only one VP province)and puppeting them and then letting them grab Yemen and oman with FJ assistance :)Maybe the event was disabled because of play like that or because of the often over successful Italian middle eastern campaign in game? :)

Dr

Would it make any difference if it was just a Anglo-Italian conflict?Say If ENG DOW's ITA over Ethiopia early in Game?

If it´s Italy alone against ENG (and the allies) then I guess England would never give up the mediterrenean to Italy. Only if England stands alone (e.g. all minor states vanished like Greece and Albania and France gone to Vichy or a puppet of Italy) could I see England giving in to Italian demands without italian troops in Gibraltar.

I think you are right only under exceptional circumstances

OK:cool:
I do worry a little bit about enabling this event again as it must have been disabled for a reason?Perhaps because there was just no need for it?
I must say i have often seen it happen in my games for AI Italy and IIRC something about the New roman Empire events used to annoy me in game as it causes a unhistorical cut up of Greece i think?....In fact i think i used to reload if i saw it trigger...and i think i have some events that did a better cut up if New roman empire had not fired.
That sounds good to me.

Updated my post with the conditions that Greece and Albania must be gone before the event can fire and changed the start date from 1936 (very unlikely that Italy achieves those conditions that early) to 1938.

Let´s add the event again - and if AI Italy can trigger it too often for the liking of the players after a while of testing then we could use drastic measures and make it a human only event. Nice to have for someone playing Italy but not needed if you play anything else.

Last edited:
Updated my post with the conditions that Greece and Albania must be gone before the event can fire and changed the start date from 1936 (very unlikely that Italy achieves those conditions that early) to 1938.

Let´s add the event again - and if AI Italy can trigger it too often for the liking of the players after a while of testing then we could use drastic measures and make it a human only event. Nice to have for someone playing Italy but not needed if you play anything else.
Ok i will add all this stuff.

Now i have 10 New packs to upload:cool:
Question:I do wonder again if i should make and bundle it just a single addon 0.92 fix pack now so that its idiot proof as a number of the files need each other to work?I do know we discussed this before and decided to post them as singles but we could do that after this pack?

:doc:

Ok i will add all this stuff.

Now i have 10 New packs to upload:cool:
Question:I do wonder again if i should make and bundle it just a single addon 0.92 fix pack now so that its idiot proof as a number of the files need each other to work?I do know we discussed this before and decided to post them as singles but we could do that after this pack?

You mean replacing the old files in the 0.92 pack so that it contains all files with the newest version?

I have no problem with that, I only thought that would be more work for you (as you have to create a new executable file again and again when new changes come) than to upload the single changed files to be replaced by the players until that much changes have occured that we go to 0.93.

You mean replacing the old files in the 0.92 pack so that it contains all files with the newest version?

I have no problem with that, I only thought that would be more work for you (as you have to create a new executable file again and again when new changes come) than to upload the single changed files to be replaced by the players until that much changes have occurred that we go to 0.93.
Errr no way that is to much work and you are right would complicate things ;) i just meant grouping all the current tweaks instead of 10 packs as one addon fixpack to the current 0.92 packs, i was only thinking of this due to the Jap Bug Fix and to make things easier for people.
But i can post all 10 if thats better in your view?

Errr no way that is to much work and you are right would complicate things ;) i just meant grouping all the current tweaks instead of 10 packs as one addon fixpack to the current 0.92 packs, i was only thinking of this due to the Jap Bug Fix and to make things easier for people.
But i can post all 10 if thats better in your view?

11. New post in the bug thread :rolleyes:

11. New post in the bug thread :rolleyes:
OK :D ..i am on it.....just had a few boinks with the new Italian and UK Tweaks, so i have just got to re-tweak & check them again...Back soon....

EDIT Although i have no idea why adding #triggered by event ENG 272158 to the Italian txt would cause a boink?
EDIT 2 Ahar!Sorted now to check the english one....

Dr

Last edited:
OK :D ..i am on it.....just had a few boinks with the new Italian and UK Tweaks, so i have just got to re-tweak & check them again...Back soon....

EDIT Although i have no idea why adding #triggered by event ENG 272158 to the Italian txt would cause a boink?

Dr

#triggered by event ENG 272158
should not cause problems as it´s only a comment for modders to have an easier time finding the other events in a series of events. Changed anything else in the file?

Edit: That´s unfair. You errorcheck faster than I can comment on the error... ^^

#triggered by event ENG 272158
should not cause problems as it´s only a comment for modders to have an easier time finding the other events in a series of events. Changed anything else in the file?

Edit: That´s unfair. You errorcheck faster than I can comment on the error... ^^
chuckle well the UK ones took longer but all is cool(my fault)and they are loading ok now.

I will do the Bug thread new order east tweak stuff now...

Dr

New Australian Events

At Stony Road forum there is a pack in this thread of new Australian events Submitted for CORE by Monash..
Check them out here...
Australian Historical Flavour Events
http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/showthread.php?t=9324

Dr

Code:
EVENTS removed from post new version coming soon in linked thread

Last edited:
Latest New Australian Events

At Stony Road forum there is a pack in this thread of new Australian events Submitted for CORE by Monash..
Check them out here...
Australian Historical Flavour Events
http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/showthread.php?t=9324

Here they are in code...
Code:
#######################################################Australian Historic Flavour Events#################################################################
#######################################################	      By Monash, May 2010	 ################################################################# 
##########################################################################################################################################################
#	Id Nos used in Range 100400 - 100500   - not all numbers in range are used  A total of 44 events included. across 1936 to end of 1944
########################################################	1936
event = {
	id = 1000400
	random = no
        country = AST
	trigger = { 
		atwar= no
		government = democratic			# i.e. Fascist Govt would not be concerned, and realistically Aust should be democratic at this point
		manpower = 3				# or more, cost of unit formation.	
		}
        name = "Increased Millitary Training"
        desc = "In response to the rising tide of Fascism in Europe, The Federal Government announces an increase in military training strength, New tactics have also been devised"
        style = 0
        date = { day = 10 month = July year = 1936 }
	offset = 10
	date = { day = 30 month = July year = 1936 }	
	action_a = {
		name = "Increase Millitary Training"
                command = { type = add_division which = militia value = 0 }	# Add a division to the deployment queue
		# want to add a land doctrine that is discovered by this event with small impacts (this one gives cav + 2 org and Inf + 5)
		command = { type = gain_tech which = 11102 }			# Army Long-Range Reconnaissance Doctrine
		command = { type = supplies value = -500 }			# Small cost
		command = { type = manpower value = -3 }			# unit formation
               }
	action_b = {
		name = "We cannot afford to"
		command = { }
		}
	}  

event = {
	id = 1000401
	random = no
        country = AST   
	name = "Thylacine Extinction"
	desc = "The last known Thylacine (Tasmanian Tiger), a large, dog like Marsupial carnivore, with tiger like stripes, dies at Hobart Zoo. At one time the dominant predator across the Australian continent, they had been confined to Tasmania since before European settlement due to the introduction of dogs (Dingos) by the indiginous population. The Tasmanian Tiger had been in steady decline in the wild in Tasmania since European settlement and the introduction of futher competitors"
	style = 0
        date = { day = 8 month = July year = 1936 }
	offset = 5
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = July year = 1936 }
	action_a = {
		name = "A sad Day"
                command = { }  
 		}
	}  

event = {		# This event kicks off a series of linked events with 1 or more events occuring per year from now until 1943
			# These events will eventually yield complete development cycles for a) Basic Interceptor and b) Basic Close Support aircraft
			# plus 1 Basic Close Support unit.  Technical Mission 1
	id = 1000402
	random = no
	country = AST
	name = "Send RAAF Technical Mission"
	desc = "In March 1936 Lawrence Wackett a former WW 1 fighter pilot and now head of the Commonwealrh Air Corporation), was seconded to the RAAF to lead a technical mission to Europe (including future enemy nations Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy) and the USA to evaluate modern aircraft types and select a type suitable to Australia's defence needs and within Australia's capabilities to build. This is a good chance to review developments in Euorope and America"
	style = 0
	date = { day = 25 month = March year = 1936 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = August year = 1936 }
	action_a = {
		name = "RAAF Technical Mission Sent"
		command = { type = influence value = -5 }		#Ask if we can tour these places?
		command = { type = supplies value = -500 }		#A small cost for great gains
		command = { type = setflag which = AST_RAAFTECH }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 1000430 }		# 1939 start gain pre war techs granted by new pre war events	
		}
	action_b = {					
		name = "We Do Not Need To"
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 1000430 }		# 1939 start gain pre war techs granted by new pre war events	
		}
	}

event = { 						# Technical mission 2
	id = 1000403
	random = no
	country = AST
	trigger = {
		flag = AST_RAAFTECH 
		}
	name = "RAAF Technical Mission"
	desc = "In 1936 the RAAF sent a technical team to review developments in Airpower technology and doctrine in Europe and the USA and to evaluate modern aircraft types and select a type suitable for Australia's defence needs and within Australia's capabilities to build. The three-man mission, lead by Lawrence Wackett (who had previously designed and built Australia's first home grown fighter, the Wackett-Warigal), lasted five months and on its return advised that the North American NA-16 was the most suitable type"
	style = 0
	date = { day = 25 month = September year = 1936 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = December year = 1936 }
	action_a = {
		name = "RAAF Technical Mission Returns"
		command = { type = gain_tech which = 10101 } 	# Basic Light Fighter Single Engine Project	
		command = { type = gain_tech which = 9001 }  	# Basic 750+ hp Engine
		command = { type = supplies value = -500 }	# A small cost for great gains		
		}
	}

event = {
	id = 1000404
	random = no
	country = AST
	name = "The World Becomes Smaller"
	desc = "A submarine communications cable between Victoria and Tasmania commences operation. Historically this occurred on March 25 1936"
	style = 0
	date = { day = 25 month = March year = 1936 }
	offset = 15
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = April year = 1936 }  # Dont want it to fire at a latter date
	action_a = {
			name = "OK"
			command = { type = dissent value = -1 }
		}
	}	

event = {
	id = 1000405
	random = no
	country = AST
	name = "Air Race"
	desc = "A Brisbane to Adelaide air race is held to commemorate South Australia's centenary. Ivy May Pearce makes national headlines as the youngest entrant who recorded the fastest time of any woman pilot, heavily handicapped and just two seconds behind the eventual winner. In this race she even beat Reginald Ansett, latter day founder of Ansett Airlines (An Internal Australian Air Line). Ivy went on to win many air races. Historically this race was completed December 16th 1936"
	style = 0
	date = { day = 25 month = December year = 1936 }
	offset = 15
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = January year = 1937 }
	action_a = {
			name = "Go Ivy"
			command = { }
		}
	}	

#######################################################		1937 Events
event = {					#Technical mission 3
	id = 1000410
	random = no
	country = AST
	trigger = {
		flag = AST_RAAFTECH 
		}
	desc = "Further evaluation and testing following on from last years RAAF Technical Mission has lead to technological break throughs at the Fishermans Bend Proving Grounds in Victoria"
	style = 0
	date = { day = 25 month = February year = 1937 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = April year = 1937 }
	action_a = {
		name = "Excellent"
		command = { type = gain_tech which = 10003 } 	# Basic Aerodynamics
		command = { type = steelpool value = -500 }	# A small cost for great gains production costs
		command = { type = coalpool value = -500 }	# A small cost for great gains production costs
		}
	}

event = { 					#Technical Mission 4
	id = 1000411
	random = no
	country = AST
	trigger = {
		flag = AST_RAAFTECH 
		}
	desc = "Further evaluation and testing that followed last years RAAF Technical Mission has lead to further technological break throughs at the Fishermans Bend Proving Grounds in Victoria"
	style = 0
	date = { day = 2 month = September year = 1937 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = December year = 1937 }
	action_a = {
		name = "Good Progress"
		command = { type = gain_tech which = 9002 } 	# Fuel injection systems
		command = { type = gain_tech which = 10002 } 	# Basic Airframes
		command = { type = steelpool value = -500 }	# A small cost for great gains production costs
		command = { type = coalpool value = -500 }	# A small cost for great gains production costs		
		}
	}

event = { 
	id = 1000412
	random = no
	country = AST
	name = "Tropical Cyclone"
	desc = "Cairns in Queensland has been hit by a tropical cyclone"
	style = 0
	date = { day = 2 month = February year = 1937 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = March year = 1937 }
	action_a = {
		name = "Cleanup"
		command = { type = supplies value = -500 }
		command = { type = steelpool value = -500 }     # Rebuilding costs
		}			
	}

event = {
	id = 1000413
	random = no
	country = AST
	desc = "Regular airmail services begin between Australia and the USA. Historically this commenced on April 20th"
	style = 0
	date = { day = 20 month = April year = 1937 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = April year = 1937 }  		# Dont want it to fire at a latter date
	action_a = {
			name = "OK"
			command = { type = dissent value = -1 }		# National Pride
		}
	}	

event = {
	id = 1000414
	random = no
	country = AST
	name = "Mine Explosion"
	desc = "An explosion kills 13 men at the State Coal Mine in Wonthaggi, Victoria. Historically this occured on February 15th"
	style = 0
	date = { day = 15 month = February year = 1937 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = March year = 1937 }  		# Dont want it to fire at a latter date
	action_a = {	
			name = "OK"
			command = { type = dissent value = 2 }		# Dissatisfaction with the government and Saftey aspects.
			command = { type = coalpool value = -500 }	# Representing a small impact on Coal production
		}
	}	

###########################################		1938 Events
event = { 					#Technical Mission 5
	id = 1000420
	random = no
	country = AST
	trigger = {
		flag = AST_RAAFTECH 
		}
	desc = "Further evaluation and testing following on from 1936's RAAF Technical Mission has lead to technological break throughs at the Fishermans Bend Proving Grounds in Victoria"
	style = 0
	date = { day = 2 month = March year = 1938 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = July year = 1938 }
	action_a = {
		name = "Great"
		command = { type = gain_tech which = 10100 } 	# Basic Fighter Development
		}
	}

event = { 					#Technical Mission 6
	id = 1000421
	random = no
	country = AST
	trigger = {
		flag = AST_RAAFTECH 
		}
	desc = "Further evaluation following the RAAF's Technical tour of 1936 has lead to greater understanding of arial warfare and the use of aircraft to support ground forces, this has lead to further doctrinal and training improvements"
	style = 0
	date = { day = 2 month = October year = 1938 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = December year = 1938 }
	action_a = {
		name = "Great"
		command = { type = gain_tech which = 12002 } 	# Blitz Bombing Doctrine
		}
	}

event = { 
	id = 1000422
	random = no
	country = AST
	desc = "A direct radio-telephone link is established between Canberra and Washington D.C. Historically this link was established on December 21st"
	style = 0
	date = { day = 2 month = December year = 1938 }
	offset = 15
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = December year = 1938 }
	action_a = {
		name = "Great"
		command = { type = dissent value = -1 }		# Sense of growing importance of the nation in world affaris
		}
	}

event = { 
	id = 1000423
	random = no
	country = AST
	name = "Sesquicentennial Celebrations"
	desc = "January 26 – Australia officially celebrates its sesquicentennial, the 150th anniversary of European settlement. "
	style = 0
	date = { day = 26 month = January year = 1938 }			# Exact Date
	#offset = 15
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = January year = 1938 }
	action_a = {
		name = "A Great Day"
		command = { type = dissent value = -2 }		# Every one loves a party, National Pride etc.
		command = { type = supplies value = -500 }	
		}
	}

event = { 
	id = 1000424
	random = no
	country = AST

name = "Disaster Averted"
	desc = "On February 6, Three hundred beachgoers are dragged out to sea when three freak waves strike Bondi Beach in Sydney in an event known as 'Black Sunday'. A team of eighty surf lifesavers manage to rescue all but five people. "
	style = 0
	date = { day = 6 month = February year = 1938 }
	offset = 2
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = March year = 1938 }
	action_a = {
		name = "Whew"
		command = { type = dissent value = -1 }	 	# agog that so many were rescued	
		}
	}

event = { 
	id = 1000425
	random = no
	country = AST
	name = "Air Disaster"
	desc = "On October 25, Eighteen people die in Australia's worst air disaster, when an Australian National Airways Douglas DC-2 crashes in the Dandenong Ranges, near Melbourne, in heavy fog. "
	style = 0
	date = { day = 25 month = October year = 1938 }
	offset = 2
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = October year = 1938 }
	action_a = {
		name = "Disaster"
		command = { type = dissent value = 2 }		# Everyone blames the government in the event of disaster
		}
	}

event = { 
	id = 1000426
	random = no
	country = AST
	trigger = {
		NOT = {
			alliance = { country = AST country = JAP }	# i.e. Australia not allied to Japan
		}
	}
	name = "Workers Strike"
	desc = "November 15 – Waterside workers at Port Kembla, New South Wales refuse to load a consignment of scrap iron destined for Japan, arguing that it would be used for munitions. Attorney-General Robert Menzies (Latter Prime Minister) attempts to force the loading of the cargo, earning himself the nickname 'Pig Iron Bob' "
	style = 0
	date = { day = 15 month = November year = 1938 }
	offset = 2
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = November year = 1938 }
	action_a = {
		name = "Strike"
		command = { type = dissent value = 2 }		#Dissent from the workforce unions when govt. tries to force it.
		}
	}

####################################################### 	1939 Events
event = {
	id = 1000430                                   #Gain Techs given by event in 1936 - 1938 i.e. for the 1939 game start#
	random = no
	country = AST
	trigger = {
		NOT = { event = 1000402 }		#We did not do the technical tour of 1936 as we started in 1939
		#NOT = { flag = AST_RAAFTECH }		#We did not do the technical tour of 1936 as we started in 1939
		}					# This event is slept by the Wirraway developed event with out that the 1936 start game will stop
							# when this event checks if it should fire.
	name = "Gain Pre 1939 Techs Given By events"
	desc = "Gain the technical outcomes granted by pre war events"
	style = 0
	date = { day = 2 month = September year = 1939 }
	action_a = {
		name = "Gain Pre 1939 Tech.s"
		command = { type = setflag which = AST_RAAFTECH }	# Historically this was sent! Has further impacts so set the flag
		command = { type = gain_tech which = 11102 }		# Army Long-Range Reconnaissance Doctrine			
		command = { type = gain_tech which = 10101 } 		# Basic Light Fighter Single Engine Project
		command = { type = gain_tech which = 9001 } 		# Basic 750+ hp Engine
		command = { type = gain_tech which = 9002 } 		# Fuel injection systems
		command = { type = gain_tech which = 10002 } 		# Basic Airframes
		command = { type = gain_tech which = 10003 } 		# Basic Aerodynamics
		command = { type = gain_tech which = 10100 } 		# Basic Fighter Development
		command = { type = gain_tech which = 12002 } 		# Blitz Bombing Doctrine		
		}
	}

event = {						#Technical Mission 7
	id = 1000431
	random = no
        country = AST  
	trigger = {
		flag = AST_RAAFTECH 
		} 
	name = "Wirraway Developed"
	desc = "In March 1939, the first Commonwealth Air Corportation (CAC) 'Wirraway' (CAC-10, The name 'Wirraway' is derived from an Aboriginal word meaning 'Challange') duel-purpose training aircraft designed and developed in Australia, the A20-3, took to the air at Fishermans Bend, Victoria, These training craft allowed the Royal Australian Air Force to develop new training techniques and give fighter training and fighter bomber training to its air crews"
	style = 0
        date = { day = 20 month = March year = 1939 }
	offset = 20
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = November year = 1939 }	# Large enough to allow for September 1939 start
	action_a = {
		name = "Our Air Force Development Proceeds"
		command = { type = gain_tech which = 10001 } 	# Basic Interceptor Prototype
		command = { type = dissent value = -1 }		# National Pride
 		}	
	}  

event = {
	id = 1000432
	random = no
        country = AST  
	name = "Refugees"
	desc = "Australia agrees to take 15,000 Jewish refugees fleeing Europe following the German occupation of Austria and Czechoslovakia. Some of these refugees had worked in Germany in an aircraft design capacity. Their knowledge and experience was soon put to use by their new homeland, at least one assisting in the design and development of the Boomerang, a locally designed and produced fighter bomber. Historically these arrived December 1 1939"
	style = 0
        date = { day = 1 month = December year = 1939 }
	offset = 10
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = December year = 1939 }
	action_a = {
		name = "Accept Refugees"
		command = { type = supplies value = -500 }	# Supplies, housing etc for the refugees
		command = { type = steelpool value = -500 }	# 
		command = { type = coalpool value = -500 }	# 
 		}	
	}  

###########1940   1000440
event = {							#Technical Mission 8
	id = 1000440
	random = no
        country = AST   
	trigger = {
		flag = AST_RAAFTECH 
		} 
	name = "Wirraway Extended Development"
	desc = "The 1936 RAAF Technical tour had lead to the recommendation to use the American NA-16 as a basis for development of light airecraft for the RAAF. Lawrence Wackett (who had lead the technical team in 1936 and was head of the Comonwealth Aircraft Corporation, had been working on further designs and specifications based on this recommendation) replaced the NA-16's optional armament with weapons that he thought were more appropriate: the single forward mounted gun on the fighter variation was replaced by two guns of equal caliber, while the dive-bomber variation was given a heavier bomb load and sturdier structure more suitable for performing dives. This would in turn lead to the devlopment of the 'Boomerang' fighter-bomber aircraft, a fighter plane that could fill the role of a close support aircraft"
	style = 0
        date = { day = 1 month = March year = 1940 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = June year = 1940 }
	action_a = {
		name = "Our Air Training Proceeds"
		command = { type = gain_tech which = 9003 } 	# Basic 1000+ hp Engine
		command = { type = gain_tech which = 9004 } 	# Basic Light Bomber Airframes
		command = { type = gain_tech which = 9101 } 	# Basic Light Bomber Project
 		}
	}

# The 7th division is in Australia's build queue for the 1936 start, due to complete on the 1 August 1938...1 1/2 years before it was actually formed
# This may be moved to a series of events to create the 2nd AIF which 7th division was part of.
event = {
	id = 1000441
	random = no
        country = AST   
	trigger = {
		manpower = 10 							#10 or more, need the manpower to form the division
		atwar = yes
		} 
	name = "Form 7th Division"
	desc = "The Australian 7th Division is formed. You may choose to form an extra division at this point. Historically the 'Silent Seventh' division of the 2nd Australian Imperial Forces (2AIF) was formed on the 18 February 1940. Known as the 'Silent' Seventh to its soldiers as they felt that their exploits were ignored or overlooked by the press."
	style = 0
	date = { day = 7 month = February year = 1940 }
	offset = 10
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = March year = 1940 }
	action_a = {
		name = "Form Division"
		command = { type = add_division which = infantry }		# Add to the deployment queue
		command = { type = manpower value = -10 }			# Manpower to form division
		}
	action_b = {
		name = "Not at this time"
		command = { }
		}
	}

event = {
	id = 1000442
	random = no
        country = AST 
	trigger = {
		alliance = { country = AST country = ENG }
		atwar = yes
		}   
	name = "HMT Dunera Arrives"
	desc = "September – The British prison ship 'HMT Dunera' docks in Sydney, carrying refugees and prisoners of war considered a danger to British security, for internment in Hay and Tatura. Also it became known at about this time that the Australian Heavy Cruiser 'HMAS Australia' had taken part in 'Operation Menace' Off the coast of Dakar"
	style = 0
        date = { day = 6 month = September year = 1940}
	#offset = 10
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = September year = 1940 }
	action_a = {
		name = "Accept"
		command = { type = supplies value = -500 }	# Supplies, housing etc for the refugees
		command = { type = steelpool value = -500 }	# 
		command = { type = coalpool value = -500 }	# 
		command = { type = influence value = 2 }	# Increased influence because we did UK a favour
		command = { type = dissent value = -1 }		# National Pride in HMAS Australia's Exploits
		}
	}

event = {
	id = 1000443
	random = no
        country = AST 
	trigger = {
		war = { country = ITA country = AST }
		}   
	name = "Naval Engagement"
	desc = "The Australian light cruiser 'HMAS Sydney' takes part in the sinking of the Italian cruiser 'Bartolomeo Colleoni' in the Mediteranean Historically this occured on the 19th July 1940"
	style = 0
	date = { day = 19 month = July year = 1940 }
	action_a = {
		name = "Well Done Sydney"
		command = { type = dissent value = -1 }		#National Pride
		}
	}

event = {
	id = 1000444
	random = no
        country = AST
	trigger = {
		atwar = yes
		manpower = 1				# or more, cost of crewing corvette
		}  
	name = "HMAS Bathurst Launched"
	desc = "The first of sixty Bathurst class corvettes, 'HMAS Bathurst', is launched in Sydney. Corvettes are specifically designed for ASW operations and could be used in convoy escort roles as part of the outer ring of protection. Historically 'HMAS Bathurst' was launched on August 1st"
	style = 0
	date = { day = 1 month = August year = 1940 }
	offset = 10
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = August year = 1940 }
	action_a = {
		name = "These will help in ASW Operations"
		command = { type = gain_tech which = 6933 } 				# Corvettes
		command = { type = add_division which = destroyer when = 2078 }		# Add a flottilla in Sydney
		command = { type = manpower value = -1 }
		}
	}

###########1941   1000450
event = {						#Technical Mission 9
	id = 1000450
	random = no
        country = AST   
	trigger = {
		atwar = yes
		flag = AST_RAAFTECH 
		} 
	name = "RAAF Extended Analysis"
	desc = "Since the war started we have been evaluating air tactics and equipment used by our allies and the enemy. This has lead to further theoretical breakthroughs"
	style = 0
        date = { day = 1 month = March year = 1941 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = June year = 1941 }
	action_a = {
		name = "Our Air Training Proceeds"
		command = { type = gain_tech which = 12200 }	# Early War Experience Analysis (required doctrine for close support)
 		}
	}  

event = {						#Technical Mission 10
	id = 1000451
	random = no
        country = AST   
	trigger = {
		atwar = yes
		flag = AST_RAAFTECH 
		} 
	name = "RAAF Extended Analysis"
	desc = "Further RAAF Project breakthoughs, Since the war started we have been evaluating air tactics and equipment used by us and the enemy. This has lead to further theoretical breakthroughs which look promising"
	style = 0
        date = { day = 1 month = November year = 1941 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = December year = 1941 }
	action_a = {
		name = "RAAF Development Proceeds"
		command = { type = gain_tech which = 10502 }	# Improved Single Engine Fighter Project
 		}
	}  

### Note I do not propose to "kill" the Sydney in game if she is still in play.
event = {
	id = 1000452
	random = no
        country = AST   
	trigger = {
		war = { country = GER country = AST }
		} 
	name = "Naval Disaster"
	desc = "On November 19, the light crusier 'HMAS Sydney' engaged a German auxiliary cruiser (Raider) The Kormoran, in battle, off the coast of Western Australia. The Kormoran's major armaments consisted of 6 155mm Guns, 2 37mm guns and 5 torpedo tubes. The Kormoran was sunk after a sharp engagement with The Sydney at close range, and Kormoran's survivors, some 320 crew, were eventually rescued. They reported that The Sydney had steamed away, ablaze, over the horizon and they saw and heard nothing more of her. Searching aircraft and shipping failed to discover The Sydney's fate, and when no contact could be made, She was presumed lost with all of her 645 crew. Historical Note - The Sydney's final resting place was eventually discovered in late 2008. The severe damage She had suffered in the engagement, including a torpedo hit, was apparent. She was presumed to have exploded and sunk with all hands shortly after the engagement. The site is now protected as a war grave."
	style = 0
        date = { day = 24 month = November year = 1941 }
	offset = 5
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = November year = 1941 }
	action_a = {
		name = "Disaster"
		command = { type = dissent value = 3 } 		# Concern re the loss of Sydney, a famous Australian warship
		}
	}

event = {
	id = 1000453
	random = no
        country = AST   
	trigger = {
		war = { country = GER country = AST }
		} 
	name = "Naval Loss"
	desc = "June 30 – HMAS Waterhen sinks off Libya – the first Australian naval vessel lost in the war."
	style = 0
        date = { day = 30 month = June year = 1941 }
	offset = 5
	deathdate = { day = 10 month = July year = 1941 }
	action_a = {
		name = "Sad Day For Australia"
		command = { type = dissent value = 1 } 		# Concern re the loss of first naval vessel
		}
	}

##############################1942
event = {						#Technical Mission 11
	id = 1000460
	random = no
        country = AST   
	trigger = {
		flag = AST_RAAFTECH 
		war = { country = JAP country = AST }
		} 
	name = "Deploy Wirraway as Fighter"
	desc = "By the time the war with Japan began the RAAF owned seven Wirraways, Due to a lack of fighter aircraft for defensive purposes, the Wirraway training craft were pressed into service to form an ad-hoc fighter defence. They would later prove to be greatly outmatched by the Japanese aircraft models, in early 1942 eight Wirraways were Rabaul's main air defence against a raid of 100 Japanese aircraft. Even though there were generally poor results when Wirraways engaged the Japanese aircraft, a Wirraway did manage to down a Zero near Gona in 1942. Between 1939 and 1946 the RAAF purchased 755 units. It is an indication of the dire straits the RAAF was in as the world tettered on the edge of the chasm of war that their first line of aerial defence was a muli-purpose trainer, and this was not a lone error made by a bureaucratic system hard-pressed for resources at a time of desperation, the purchase was made a multitude of times throughout the war"
	style = 0
        date = { day = 1 month = January year = 1942 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = July year = 1942 }   # fair bit of time in case Japan is slow into the war.
	action_a = {
		name = "We Must Use What We Have"
		command = { type = dissent value = 2 }	  # Poor planning by RAAF command	
		}
	}

event = {						#Technical Mission 12
	id = 1000461
	random = no
        country = AST  
	trigger = {
		flag = AST_RAAFTECH 
		}  
	name = "Boomerang Developed"
	desc = "When Japan entered World War II in December 1941, the RAAF did not possess a single fighter aircraft for home defence and, consequently, a decision was hurriedly made to produce a local fighter as a stop-gap measure to meet the threatened Japanese onslaught. Fortunately, the Commonwealth Aircraft Corporation already had plans in hand for an interceptor aircraft, and this promising design was ordered into production on February 2 1942.Named the 'Boomerang', the new fighter was designed as an interceptor with a high rate of climb and good manoeuvrability. To obtain the best performance, the aircraft was fitted with the most powerful engine in Australia - the 1,200 hp Twin Wasp which was in production for the DAP Bristol Beaufort. Airframe construction was accelerated by incorporating many Wirraway components, and production proceeded so well that the first aircraft progressed from drawing board to test flight in less than four months"
	style = 0
        date = { day = 1 month = May year = 1942 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = December year = 1942 }
	action_a = {
		name = "We need Them"
		command = { type = gain_tech which = 9003 } 	# Basic Light Bomber Prototype
 		}
	}  

event = {
	id = 1000462
	random = no
        country = AST  
	trigger = {
		} 
	name = "Sydney Harbour Attacked"
	desc = "May 31 – During an attack on Sydney Harbour, a Japanese midget submarine sinks the converted Sydney ferry, 'HMAS Kuttabul', killing 21. During a subsequent attack on June 8th both Sydney and Newcastle were shelled"
	style = 0
        date = { day = 6 month = June year = 1942 }
	offset = 4
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = June year = 1942 }
	action_a = {
		name = "Concerning Development"
		command = { type = dissent value = 2 }		# Civilian concern over the attacks
		}
	}

event = {
	id = 1000463
	random = no
        country = AST  
	trigger = {
		alliance = { country = AST country = USA }
		}
	name = "Battle Of Brisbane"
	desc = "A violent brawl breaks out in Brisbane between United States military personnel and Australian servicemen and civilians, in what becomes known as the 'Battle of Brisbane'. One Australian soldier is shot dead. The US soldiers were not always viewed favourably by Australian men, a common saying at the time was that they were 'Over sexed, over paid and over here'. Historically the 'Battle Of Brisbane' occured on the 26th November 1942"
	style = 0
        date = { day = 26 month = November year = 1942 }
	offset = 4
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = December year = 1942 }
	action_a = {
		name = "Not Good for the Alliance"
		command = { type = dissent value = 2 }
		}
	}

event = {
	id = 1000464
	random = no
        country = AST  
	trigger = {
		control = { province = 1176 data = JAP }
		alliance = { country = AST country = ENG }
		}
	name = "Fall Of Singapore"
	desc = "The Fall Of Singapore: Historically this occurred on the 15 February 1942. Approximately 15,000 Australian troops were taken prisoner when the British Garrison Commander ordered the surrender of all allied forces in Singapore. Many of these troops (as well as other allied POWs), in contravention of the Geneva Conventions on the treatment of prisoners of war, were latter forced to work on construction of the Burma railway by the Japanese. The poor conditions, little food and harsh treatment cost many lives and left an enduring hatred of the Japanese felt by the veterans that survived."
	style = 0
	offset = 20
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = December year = 1942 }		# Give it a wide timeframe in case Japan is slow in taking Singapore
	action_a = {
		name = "What A Disaster"
		command = { type = dissent value = 5 }			# Unhappiness with the Government and with the UK at the tremendous loss of troops
		}							# and the loss of the Gibralter of the East.
	}

event = {
	id = 1000465
	random = no
        country = AST  
	trigger = {
		control = { province = 1176 data = JAP }
		}
	name = "Darwin Bombed"
	desc = "Historically occuring shortly after the Fall of Singapore, Darwin was bombed for the first time by the Japanese on February 19, 1942 causing the loss of at least 243 lives. Bombing raids on Darwin and the fear of imminent invasion caused plans to be drawn up for the evacuation of civilians below the Brisbane line, a line drawn on the map from Brisbane due west. This plan was never implemented. This attack also hastened the demands for a locally produced fighter to be used for air defence. The attack on Darwin was kept from the civilian population of the rest of the country for some time."
	style = 0
	offset = 20
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = December year = 1942 }		# Give it a wide timeframe in case Japan is slow in taking Singaore
	action_a = {
		name = "We Need Air Defence"
		command = { type = dissent value = 2 }			# Civilian Concern Re attacks on Mainland Australia.
		}
	}

####################1943

event = {					#Technical Mission 13
	id = 1000470
	random = no
        country = AST
	trigger = {
		flag = AST_RAAFTECH 
		war = { country = AST country = JAP }
		event = 1000461			# Boomerang Developed	
		manpower = 3			# for the unit in the deployment queue
		}  
	name = "Boomerang Deployed"
	desc = "The Boomerang only served in an interceptor role for a short period of time as British and American developed fighters were arriving in greater numbers to Australia. However the Boomerang found its real use as a close support aircraft. Unlike Europe or North Africa, the ground war in the jungles was more a series of small unit actions fought at very close quarters by widely dispersed forces with no clear front lines. Here the 'Boomerang' found its niche: as close to the troops on the ground as possible. It had heavy armament by the standards of the day and, because it was easier to fly than most fighters, the pilot could get in close to the objective and have time to concentrate on the ground forces. Good low-level handling characteristics and the unusually extensive armour plating protected pilots. Also the aircraft's simple wood and aluminium airframe proved capable of absorbing damage."
	style = 0
        date = { day = 1 month = January year = 1943 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = April year = 1943 }
	action_a = {
		name = "Glad To Have Them"
		command = { type = gain_tech which = 9102 } 		# Basic Close Support 		##using these to simulate Boomerangs##
		command = { type = gain_tech which = 9307 } 		# Armour Plating for pilot protection
		command = { type = add_division which = dive_bomber }	# Add close support to the deployment queue
		command = { type = steelpool value = -500 }		# A small cost for great gains production costs
		command = { type = coalpool value = -500 }		# A small cost for great gains production costs
		command = { type = manpower value = -3 }
 		}
	}  

event = {
	id = 1000471
	random = no
        country = AST   
	trigger = {
		}  
	name = "Outrage"
	desc = "Early on May 14th the hospital ship 'Centaur', was the victim of a torpedo attack off the Queensland Coast. The attack was launched from a Japanese submarine, which attacked without warning. The Centaur, carrying all the required markings for hospital ships, as designated by the Geneva Conventions, and well lit, was sunk with the loss of 268 lives"
	style = 0
        date = { day = 1 month = May year = 1943 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = June year = 1943 }
	action_a = {
		name = "This is Outrageous"
		command = { type = dissent which = -2 } 	#Outrage of the population at this attack on an unarmed hospital vessel
 		}
	}  

event = {
	id = 1000472
	random = no
        country = AST   
	trigger = {
		NOT = {
			war = { country = SOV country = AST }
			}
		}

name = "Diplomatic Dealings"
	desc = "A Soviet embassy is established in Canberra, and an Australian diplomat is posted to Moscow as ambassador. Historically this occured on March 3rd 1943"
	style = 0
	date = { day = 3 month = March year = 1943 }
	offset = 10
	deathdate = { day = 3 month = July year = 1943 }
	action_a = {
		name = "Lets Work Together"
		command = { type = dissent which = -1 } 	#Growing sense of importance in the world.
		}
	}  

event = {
	id = 1000473
	random = no
        country = AST   
	trigger = { 
		government = democratic			# Still having elections				
		}
	name = "A Victory For Women"
	desc = "September 23 – Enid Lyons and Dorothy Tangney become the first women to win seats in the Parliament of Australia. Lyons represents the Tasmanian electorate of Darwin in the House of Representatives, and Tangney is a Senator for Western Australia."
	style = 0
	date = { day = 23 month = September year = 1943 }
	action_a = {
		name = "Advancing the cause"
		command = { } 	
 		}
	}  

###################################################### 1944 Events

########################### Die Like The Carp, Japanese POW breakout at Cowra POW camp about 200 miles from Sydney,  2 linked events

event = {
	id = 1000490
	random = no	
	country = AST
	trigger = {
		}
	name = "Die Like The Carp"
	desc = "In early August, 1944, the Cowra POW and Internment camp held approximately 2200 Japanese POWs, guarded by the Australian Militia's 22nd Garrison Battalion, composed mostly of old or disabled veterans or young men unfit for frontline service. In the early hours of the morning of the 5th of August, following the sounding of a Japanese bugle, large groups of Japanese POW's armed with makeshift weapons staged a mass breakout moving in different directions. The POW's overwhelmied one of the machine gun posts and killed a number of guards. The actions of the crew of machine gun no.2 in hiding the bolt of the weapon before they were overwhelmed and killed, prevented the machine gun being turned on other guards (The crew were posthumously awarded the George Cross for their actions). The escapees, were all rounded up within 10 days of the breakout. 231 prisoners died during the incident, many apparently committing suicide or being killed by their countrymen to avoid recapture, 108 were wounded."
	style = 0
	date = { day = 15 month = August year = 1944 }
	offset = 10
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = October year = 1944 }
	action_a = {
		name = "An Inquiry Is Needed"
	 	command = { type = dissent value = 5 }		# Citizens concerned about breakout
		}
	}

event = {
	id = 1000491
	random = no	
	country = AST
	trigger = {
		event = 1000490					# Cowra Breakout Occurred.
		}
	name = "Cowra Inquiry Reports"
	desc = "The findings of an official inquiry into the events at Cowra were read to the Australian House of Representatives on September 8, 1944. Among its findings were that: a) Conditions at the camp were in accordance with the Geneva Conventions. b) No complaints regarding treatment had been made by or on behalf of the Japanese prior to the incident, which appeared to have been the result of a premeditated and concerted plan. c) The actions of the Australian garrison as they resisted the attack averted a greater loss of life, and firing ceased as soon as they regained control. d) Many of the Japanese dead had committed suicide or been killed by other prisoners, and many of the Japanese wounded had suffered self-inflicted wounds.e) The escapees had been explicitly commanded not to attack civilians f) A total of 545 POW's escaped, but these were quickly rounded up"
	style = 0
	date = { day = 8 month = September year = 1944 }
	action_a = {
		name = "Record the results in Hansard"
	 	command = { type = dissent value = -3 }		# Citizens concerns allayed somewhat
		}
	}

event = {
	id = 1000492
	random = no	
	country = AST
	trigger = {
		atwar = yes
		}
	name = "Meat Rationing"
	desc = "January 17 – Meat rationing begins in Australia."
	style = 0
	date = { day = 17 month = January year = 1944 }
	action_a = {
		name = "This wont go down well"
	 	command = { type = dissent value = 2 }		# We produce lots of meat!!
		}
	}

event = {
	id = 1000493
	random = no	
	country = AST
	trigger = {
		government = democratic				# Still having elections
		NOT = {
			war =  { country = SOV country = AST }	# Doubt a communist would be elected if at war with Russia
			}
		}
	name = "Communist Elected"
	desc = "April 15 – Fred Paterson is elected to the Parliament of Queensland, representing the seat of Bowen. He remains the only member of the Communist Party of Australia to ever be elected to an Australian Parliament."
	style = 0
	date = { day = 15 month = April year = 1944 }
	action_a = {
		name = "The People Have Spoken"
	 	command = {  }		
		}
	}

event = {
	id = 1000494
	random = no	
	country = AST
	trigger = {
		}
	name = "Kamikaze Attack"
	desc = "October 21 – The heavy cruiser HMAS Australia, operating in the Philippines, is hit by a Kamikaze aircraft, killing 20 and wounding 54, in what is believed to be the first attack of its kind."
	style = 0
	date = { day = 21 month = October year = 1944 }
	action_a = {
		name = "No Way To Fight A War"
	 	command = {  }		
		}
	}

######################################################################End Of Historical Flavour Events

Dr