• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
M-R Pact events

Just coming back to try and get some feedback - I posted my events file here a while back now, and I see 1/2 dozen people have had a look - anyone got any comments/thoughts ?

Tim

Kaempfer said:
It was not a trigger, they did it because I DoW'd them.

hmm. I was hoping it was the SoI because then we could correct some triggers in the sphere event but if it is a genereal bug then we might not be so lucky.

Ghost_dk

Yo,how come that Beograd province has never been repositioned right?

Valjevo province should be Beograd(and this province should be the capital).And Beograd province should be called Vrsac.

Its really dumb that Hungarians can capture Beograd from Szeged and Romanins also can do that from Temisvar.

If you have some maps of Europe you ll see that Beograd is on the southern banks of Danube and Sava.

If this please could be changed before the next version comes out...

Nidza said:
Yo,how come that Beograd province has never been repositioned right?

Valjevo province should be Beograd(and this province should be the capital).And Beograd province should be called Vrsac.

Its really dumb that Hungarians can capture Beograd from Szeged and Romanins also can do that from Temisvar.

If you have some maps of Europe you ll see that Beograd is on the southern banks of Danube and Sava.

If this please could be changed before the next version comes out...

We can't change these things. As I recall this is hardcoded and can't be changed.

Here: http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=255

you can post it again so it can be changed by Paradox for HoI 2.

Just a thought

In my personal opinion, I don't think Milan Nedic's puppet government of Serbia should be included. It provided almost nothing to the Axis cause, and never fielded anything more than barely a division, and so therefore, if they insist on keeping it in the game, it should not be allowed to make more than one division. Keeping with puppets, the Italian puppet of Montenegro is not included, it was about as handy as Serbia, and therfore if they must include Serbia, they should also include Montenegro. I feel Montenegro should be included, and keeping with the spirit of puppets they could include the Italian puppet state of Greece while there at it. If they do, Ioninia stays part of Italy, as well as Mitlini, and Chaklis, but Crete should remain under German rule. And also Argostoli should be part of Italy, or whatever the island off Greece is called. Another good puppet that could be created would be Bohemia-Moravia, as it also had a division sized army like Serbia, called the Protectorate Army, and it even saw combat. Also, I don't know if this is included, but the Slovak National Uprising should be included. As well as the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising, and all the other Ghetto Uprisings in Poland, and not just have the Warsaw Uprising. And also I'm corrently working upon writing the test for the many Partisan events for the Balkans. So far I've finished writing the text for the events for the creation of all the Partisan Units, as well as Chetnik units for Yugoslavia. For Albania as well, Bulgaria, and Greece. Im corrently working on the many Anti-Partisan sweeps in the Balkans and Russia by the Axis. Also I'm working on events for the Greek Civil War, as well as the allies picking wether to back the Partisans or the Chetniks, in Yugoslavia, and the pick between the various partisan groups in Greece. And for my suggestion of the Montenegro puppet state in the event of the Italian capitulation it should change to a German puppet, as talks about adding it to Serbia were shot down by Hitler. And those are just my thoughts about Central and Eastern Europe.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention this. I first read about the Italian partition events for Yugoslavia on here, so I decided to play my first game as Italy in CORE, and see how these events worked. And I noticed something that should be fixed. As one member said, that you must not be allied with Germany for the Italian Yugoslav partition events to happen, I wondered why when Croatia was formed it joined the Axis, and it was not untill the puppeting of Croatia event that it left the Axis. And even after that, even though it said Croatia was neutral, when I clicked on it and then popped up the political thing in the corner, Croatia was green, and Germany was light green, as they were still allies or something. So after a while I decided to go on the net, and I quite the game. It was only the next time I started to play it, it did not show German as light green. But anyways, this event chain needs to be fixed so Croatia does not join Germany, as it is only triggered by Italy not being in the Axis in the first place. And those are my thoughts about that.

edited by gzav - Please read the Double posts sticky

Last edited by a moderator:
SpratleyDuce said:
Another good puppet that could be created would be Bohemia-Moravia, as it also had a division sized army like Serbia, called the Protectorate Army, and it even saw combat.
Well, not really. The problem with all the German-led puppet governments is that they were rather some sort of a German civil self-administration than puppet states, at least in HoI terms. Bohemia-Moravia was nothing more than a German paper entity, practically non-existent. If the Krauts decided to turn it into New Mongolia - noone in Bohemia would have the power to oppose them, the "state" was fully dependant on Germany and Berlin's will. The same case is with General Gouvernment in Poland and other similar quasi-states in Central and Eastern Europe. The case of Yugoslavia is totally different.

As well as the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising, and all the other Ghetto Uprisings in Poland, and not just have the Warsaw Uprising.
We've been working on the Warsaw Uprising and Operation Tempest chains for quite some time now. However, I'm not sure if either me or Copper will ever be able to finish it since the HoI engine is too limited to properly simulate things like this.

As to the Ghetto Uprisings (as well as both KL Uprisings, to be exact), I'm not sure what should be the effect of those. Apart from the post-war ideological and moral value, their influence on German war machine was next to none. Also, the Paradox rules, although not very strictly obeyed, are rather clear: this is a war game, there are no ghettos, concentration or death camps, mass murders and so on. Germans are just a bunch of good fellas who fight other good fellas - full stop. Although there might appear some traces of German attrocities in game, I doubt the Ghettos should and would be included.
Cheers

Voyager said:
The emergency rearmament event triggered by Anschluss does not fire and I have not ever seen it do so. Am I the only one or is there a code error?

There should be a couple of re-armamnet events for Switzerland. IIRC, if the "B" option is chisen for the first one, it sleeps the rest. Maybe that's what happened? Otherwise you should see one set that buys Me-109's from Germany, and another that seeks US assistance.

I had a a few event ideas today while playing the 1939 scenario, hands-off. In that scenario, since GER has troops in Axis Slovakia, ready to attack out of it on the first day, it's extremely common for Slovakia to end up with a big chunk of Poland when it's annexed. A combined SLO/HUN carveup of Eastern Poland sometimes happens in the 1936 scenario. Obviously, this is quite ahistorical. It also means that SOV doesn't get its fair share of territory east of the Molotov-Ribbentrop border - what's counquered by anyone but GER is kept. Germany would have made them hand over the land if the Axis minors had gone on a landgrabbing spree.

A few variants of two events would solve this:
- MR Pact in effect, country in question is AI & Axis: Two events, one each for AI Axis Hungary and AI Axis Slovakia that give back their bits of Poland to GER and SOV. Enforces history if no humans are involved.
- MR Pact in effect, country in question is human & Axis: Two events, one each for Human Axis Hungary and Human Axis Slovakia that give back their bits of Eastern Poland to SOV. This gives a human player some chance for expansion (human diplomats banging on Ribbentrop's desk and saying "We conquered that territory, so we're keeping it!") but makes sure SOV gets its pound of flesh. SOV would have seen any Axis country holding on to Eastern Poland as a betrayal, maybe worthy of an early war.
- MR Pact not in effect: No events. :)

I could slap together event code if you like the concept.

Poland and Lithuania crisis

I got some problems with this event chain in CORE.
The first problem is that Poland and Lithuania quarrel about ownership of the province in which Wilnius is located. Historically Poland owns it and Lithuania wants it back. However the event chain starts without checking if Poland actually owns the province in 1938. I suggest as first change to add a trigger condition that Poland controls Wilnius - if Poland would not why would Lithuania quarrel with them if someone else owns ist?

Code:
#################################
# 702080 (POL)Polish-Lithuanian Crisis(by Ghost_dk)
#	modified by Ulan

event = {
	id = 702080
	random = no
	country = POL

trigger = {
		atwar = no
		exists  = LIT
        	[color=yellow]owned = { province = 716 data = -1 }#Poland owns Wilnius
[/color]
              	NOT = {
			alliance = { country = LIT country = GER }
			alliance = { country = LIT country = SOV }
			alliance = { country = LIT country = ENG }
			}
		}
	name = CEVTNAME_702080
	desc = CEVTDESC_702080
	style = 0

date = { day = 16 month = march year = 1938 }

action_a = {
		name = CEVTACTA_702080
		command = { type = influence value = -2 }
		command = { type = trigger which = 702081 }
		}
	action_b = {
		name = CEVTACTB_702080
		command = { type = dissent value = 2 }
		}
}

The second problem is that the follow-up events in my current game went like this:
Poland did chose a in the event above. Lithuania did not back down (a) but refused (b) and Poland declared war. At first I thought nothing about that - should Lithuania weaken Poland a bit so that I (as Germany) could conquer Poland later even more easier.
However then one of the "sphere of influence" events fired (those that are supposed to make life harder for the player if the player makes aggressive moves against minors in a majors sphere of influence. This time the USSR backed Poland against Lithuania.
So now Lithuania is in a war against the Comintern consisting of Poland, USSR and Mongolia... I guess that will make conquering Poland a bit more challenging as Germany later when the USSR immediately is involved...

If the whole event chain would influence only Lithuania and Poland I would not mind - but in my case two minor AI countries that historically did not go to war against each other messed up the political situation that should continue with the conquest of Poland.

Possible solutions could be that the follow-up event in case that Lithuania refuses has it´s options swapped so that it would take two events chosing option b to bring Poland into the Comintern:

Code:
# 702083 (POL)Lithuania refuses(by Ghost_dk)

event = {
	id = 702083
	random = no
	country = POL

# triggered by LIT 702081

name = CEVTNAME_702083
	desc = CEVTDESC_702083
	style = 0

action_a = {
		[color=red]name = CEVTACTA_702083
		command = { type = war which = LIT }[/color]
                [color=yellow]name = CEVTACTB_702083
		command = { type = dissent value = 2 }[/color]
		}
	action_b = {
		[color=red]name = CEVTACTB_702083
		command = { type = dissent value = 2 }[/color]
                [color=yellow]name = CEVTACTA_702083
		command = { type = war which = LIT }[/color]
		}
}

An alternative solution could be to change the event in which the USSR does not renew the Polish-USSR non-aggression pact in preparation to take polands eastern provinces. Adding a leave alliance command for Poland if the USSR choses a (refuse to renew pact) would solve the problem that Poland would be in the comintern.

Code:
# 702085 (POL)Poland and Russia Renew Non-agression Pact/USSR refuses(by Ghost_dk)

event = {
	id = 702085
	random = no
	country = POL

# triggered by SOV 222057

name = CEVTNAME_702085
	desc = CEVTDESC_702085
	style = 0

action_a = {
		name = CEVTACTA_702085
		command = { type = influence value = 3 }
                [color=yellow]command = { type = leave_alliance } [/color]
		}
}

Last edited:
the whole event string is Über - nonsense and should be deleted completely IMVHO.

poland would have NEVER dow'd anyone, historically. and especially not in the late 30's.

200% nonsense.

bm

Edit: sorry for posting a bit emotiuonally, but that had to be said, finally. the whole thing is 1st useless (gamewise) and 2nd nonsense (historically - from both points of view).

this BS-event has spoiled a lot of games without regular (eg monthly) savings for a lot of people (me included, btw)

Last edited:
the whole event string is Über - nonsense and should be deleted completely IMVHO.

poland would have NEVER dow'd anyone, historically. and especially not in the late 30's.
200% nonsense.
bm

Edit: sorry for posting a bit emotiuonally, but that had to be said, finally. the whole thing is 1st useless (gamewise) and 2nd nonsense (historically - from both points of view).

this BS-event has spoiled a lot of games without regular (eg monthly) savings for a lot of people (me included, btw)

I would hesitate to remove it completely. I love to have events when playing as minor countries and I would not want Lithuania or Poland to deprive of any single event.
However I would like to make it less likely that POL and LIT actually go to war and one of them is dragged prematurely into the Comintern.

Would you agree that to swap the a and b choices in Polands respons to Lithuanias refusal makes it better? It would mean that from then on it would take not one ahistorical 5% chance for a LIT-POL war, but two 5% choices in a row that they actually go to war. Far less likely as it should be IMO.

Edit: What is IMVHO? In my very humble opinion?

yes, in my very humble opinion:D

well, sorry for being upset, but this event spoiled my game twice, pol is dowing lit, then the SOVs have probs with their sphere and dow poland and your game is over:mad:.

one of the reasons i only play with monthly autosaves to avoid this madness, and yes a simple change of options would work fine i think. i did the same with the surrender of belgium, to let them stay in game.

but about this 5% chances, is this somehow related to difficulty level or was it just bad luck for me that i get these ahistorical evts that often?

one of the reasons i only play with monthly autosaves to avoid this madness, and yes a simple change of options would work fine i think. i did the same with the surrender of belgium, to let them stay in game.

but about this 5% chances, is this somehow related to difficulty level or was it just bad luck for me that i get these ahistorical evts that often?

As far as I know and as far as Havard describes it it´s more like a 5,6% chance for the AI to chose B when there are two choices but unrelated to difficulty. Perhaps you have been bad to the AI and it wanted to punish you that you have such AI choices more often? :rofl:

Updated my post 1312

Hello these POL/LITtweaks seem well thought out and needed.

Updated my post 1312
Are these tweaks finished now?Should they all be added or just one of the alternatives?

Are the tweaks working OK in your Game?

Which Alternative solution of the follow up events did you think best to use and add?

Dr

Hello these POL/LITtweaks seem well thought out and needed.

Are these tweaks finished now?Should they all be added or just one of the alternatives?

Are the tweaks working OK in your Game?

Which Alternative solution of the follow up events did you think best to use and add?
Dr

Yes, they are working in my game.
The yellow tweak to 702080 should be added. It will prevent POL and LIT quarreling when POL does not own Wilnius.

The options a and b in 702083 need to be swapped.
This will make it less likely that LIT and POL end in a ahistorical war and one of them prematurely joins the Comintern.

That should make the alternative tweak to the 2nd polish event no more needed.

EVT 752410 Tweak FIX Question

Ok in the current core_SEurope.txt
Available here....http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/showpost.php?p=158546&postcount=62

# EVT 752410 - Romania puppeting Bulgaria after surrender to axis (tweak by Dr Rare) ....(just noticed BM numbered it wrong in title notes when he changed file)

Now this event actually has the tweak i added deactivated as it was only a temporary fix for the situation.

#alliance = { country = ROM country = SOV } # DrRare Tweak

The issue it fixed ,is that Bulgaria has historical Soviet war events in which they change sides or opt to fight to the death when soviets are on there border ,which is historical.
The problem was that Romania also has possibility to change sides and these events did not take that into consideration .The issue was often that Romania after joining soviets would un-historically annex Bulgaria,now that simple tweak i added fixed the issue ,but perhaps its a bit to simple?Which is why i released it deactivated,as i just squeezed it in ,it works and it was an issue that really needed fixing
Do you think its ok as i did it and for me to re-release activated,or should there really be a series of events similar to the Bulgarian soviet ones added for the Bulgarians to fold when Romania changes sides?Do you have a any suggestions or is it alright?

Dr