• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Vulture

Aerandir Eärfalas
42 Badges
Mar 20, 2001
www.europa-universalis.com
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 200k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
C.O.R.E HOI - Central Europe (Poland-Hungary-Romania-Bulgaria-Yugoslavia-Greece)

Please use this thread to discuss and script events for Poland, Hungary, Romania, Yugoslavia, Croatia, Bulgaria, Greece, Ukraine, ...

Can the events be triggered by the occupation of a province that has no victory points?
Is there a chance for an event to give a province to a country that has no claim on it without annexing the rest of the country?

Originally posted by Angelos
Can the events be triggered by the occupation of a province that has no victory points?

Yes, use the control command in the trigger section...

control = { province = [province id] data = [country tag]}

Is there a chance for an event to give a province to a country that has no claim on it without annexing the rest of the country?

Yes, use the secedeprovince in the action section...

command = { type = secedeprovince which = [country tag] value = [province id] }

For more info Visit Havard HOI Site and if you have more questions please use the C.O.R.E. Events Writing Help Desk thread for any questions regarding events writing......

http://editing.hearts-of-iron.com/

Extro :)

Last edited:
One thing I've noticed in the Balkans is that Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria (and even Italy) rarely give Germany military access, even if they're allied. While this is generally mutual (Germany doesn't give them access either) this can hinder any attack on the USSR or a response to an allied move through Greece or Yugoslavia. With this in mind I've put together a set of events that grant military access between Germany and most of the Balkan Axis (I didn't bother give shared access for all of them, just the ones that are most likely to need it). It has options in it, so human players need not agree, and every now and again the AI won't either.

well, i have been studying the situation of Hungary... and i found that Hungary received military equipment from germany, french tanks, armaments and all kind of stuff.... so does anyone have a more or less acurate source to know how many tanks and all that stuff the germans gave to the hungarians so I can make an event that simulates that?
does the german did that to any other country? i think not, but maybe someone knows something I don't know... :D

:D

Originally posted by Vulture
I believe they sent quite some tanks to Antonescu as well
well, if someone can find more or less acurate numbers i will code the events...
maybe 2 tanks & 2 infantry divisions for hungary and 1 tank & 1 infantry division is right? :confused:
maybe someone can put some light on this ... :D

Is anyone interested in creating an event concerning retreat of some polish forces to the Romania (September 18-20 1939)? Or maybe someone already did that?

Ideas:
Trigger - Pact Rib-Mol signed, Germany-Allies at war, Romania is not allied with Axis, on September 17 at least 3 polish div are located in Province Lvow.

Options for Poland:
a) Last Stand - all the army stays in Poland and fights to the end.
b) Withdraw to our friend Romania - all units in Lwow are phased out. Triggers "Refugees from Poland" in Romania.

Options for Romania:
a) Send them to Germany - large bonus to relations with Germany, penalty to relations with Allies. Romania gets 1 tactical bomber (PZL-37 Los) for captured equipment.
b) Internment - Romania gets 1 tactical bomber (PZL-37 Los) for captured equipment.
c) Let them pass to France and UK. - small penalty to relations with Germany, small bonus to relations with Germany. Romania gets 1 tactical bomber (PZL-37 Los) for captured equipment.
Triggers "Polish Army on the exile" in France and UK.

In UK:
Receive 2 units of fighters in Coventry and one moutain div.
In France:
Receive 2 infantry div. and one mot div. in Paris.

I'm not sure, if options for UK and France are even possible but it wolud be very interesting to add this historical fact. :D

Originally posted by Copper Nicus
Is anyone interested in creating an event concerning retreat of some polish forces to the Romania (September 18-20 1939)? Or maybe someone already did that?

Ideas:
Trigger - Pact Rib-Mol signed, Germany-Allies at war, Romania is not allied with Axis, on September 17 at least 3 polish div are located in Province Lvow.

Options for Poland:
a) Last Stand - all the army stays in Poland and fights to the end.
b) Withdraw to our friend Romania - all units in Lwow are phased out. Triggers "Refugees from Poland" in Romania.

Options for Romania:
a) Send them to Germany - large bonus to relations with Germany, penalty to relations with Allies. Romania gets 1 tactical bomber (PZL-37 Los) for captured equipment.
b) Internment - Romania gets 1 tactical bomber (PZL-37 Los) for captured equipment.
c) Let them pass to France and UK. - small penalty to relations with Germany, small bonus to relations with Germany. Romania gets 1 tactical bomber (PZL-37 Los) for captured equipment.

In UK:
Receive 2 units of fighters in Coventry and one moutain div.
In France:
Receive 2 infantry div. and one mot div. in Paris.

I'm not sure, if options for UK and France are even possible but it wolud be very interesting to add this historical fact. :D
i will try to work on that...
"In UK: Receive 2 units of fighters in Coventry and one moutain div." -> with this you mean one new Uk mountain division right?
"In France: Receive 2 infantry div. and one mot div. in Paris." -> the same question as above

Originally posted by Generalisimo
i will try to work on that...
"In UK: Receive 2 units of fighters in Coventry and one moutain div." -> with this you mean one new Uk mountain division right?

"In France: Receive 2 infantry div. and one mot div. in Paris." -> the same question as above
Yes - since HoI doesn't support "goverment on exile" the only way of simulating retreat of Polish forces to France and UK is creating Brittish and French divisions.
I also forget that in conditions of trigger key provinces should be conquered by Germany (Cracow, Gdansk, Bydgoszcz, Cieszyn, Czestochowa, Poznan, Ostroleka, Radom - sorry if names are not exact, I use polish version of the game).

According to my sources, after war in Poland, polish forces fighting on West consisted of:
1940-1941:
1) 2 infantry divisions in France and one motorised brigade (routed during the 1940 campaign, most of them were evacuated to GB).
2) 1 mountain brigade in GB (fought in Norway campaign - Narvik),
3) 1 mountain brigade in Brittish middleeast (part of the 8th Army, defence of Tobruk).
4) creating of polish fighter force in France was not completed - after evacuation from France, UK created polish squadrons 302 and 303 (over 203 confirmed kills during the Battle of Brittain). After that, more polish fighter and bomber squadrons were created.

After that period situation complicated - polish government tried to rise polish army in USSR (3 infantry divisions). However, in 1943 German army found mass graves of polish officers nearby the Smolensk. It resulted in major diplomatic incident and withdraval of polish army to Brittish middleeast (those divisions later fought in Italy as II Polish Corps - Monte Cassino for example). At the end of the war the corps developed in fully mechanized and tank - losses were replaced with prisoners (many people from western parts od Poland were conscripted to Wehrmacht).

Land forces in Brittan were reformed - in campaign of Normandy 1 Polish Tank Divison fought in battle of Falaise and later in northern Germany. Also, 1 paratroop brigade were created (and was virtually destroyed during the Market-Garden).

In 1943 USSR created their own polish army, fully controlled by puppet government. At the end of the war it consisted of 2 Armies (roughly total of 9-12 divs) and one tank corps (roughly 1 tank div).

As you see, there is plenty of place for creating interesing triggers for both Allies and USSR.

I also have to think if there is any way (and any sense) to create some triggers about polish resistance and Warsaw Uprising (in 1944 it took 2 months for german troops to end it).

Sorry, my mistake. It should be:
"Let them pass to France and UK. - small penalty to relations with Germany, small bonus to relations with Allies. Romania gets 1 tactical bomber (PZL-37 Los) for captured equipment.

Sorry, my mistake. It should be:
"Let them pass to France and UK. - small penalty to relations with Germany, small bonus to relations with Allies. Romania gets 1 tactical bomber (PZL-37 Los) for captured equipment.
ok, i will work on that, and i let you know what happened... :D

the little problem are the provinces... some of them i recognize them, but some, i do not know which they are.. :(
can you put the IDs of those provinces? so it is more easy, because i don't need to use the name... :D

can you put the IDs of those provinces? so it is more easy, because i don't need to use the name... :D

Off course, but I'am sort of newbee - what is the command showing id of the province? Or better - where can I find good info about all HoI debugger commands?:)

Off course, but I'am sort of newbee - what is the command showing id of the province? Or better - where can I find good info about all HoI debugger commands?:)
you must press F12 and write in the console:
showid
(displays the province id of the province under the cursor)

there is a list of spoilers in the faq, there are some that are usefull for debugging purpose.

you must press F12 and write in the console:
showid
(displays the province id of the province under the cursor)

there is a list of spoilers in the faq, there are some that are usefull for debugging purpose.

Tnx!:D
I'll try to design some events I was talking about and post here in the next week.