• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As noone replied about my 3 new polish border events in one week those could be added too.
Ok i i have tweaked my files.I have not tested them yet (but they obviously work for you) but i like the look of them and intention.

I have not removed the Swiss stuff yet.Can you confirm that the text.csv script to be removed is not used by any other events?As some of the events share text to save space and "We can't afford it" is quite generic.

But the new stuff i have added is the Memel,Munich&Vichy tweaks.
So with your new polish events it will be quite a little pack.I am unsure whether to post them all together in one pack or to post them in single updatable packs like before?

Dr

I have not removed the Swiss stuff yet.Can you confirm that the text.csv script to be removed is not used by any other events?As some of the events share text to save space and "We can't afford it" is quite generic.

I deleted the old event and the old text (652007) completely from my event file and the 3 entrys in the text.csv without problems. I searched the whole event folder for another mentioning of 652007 with HDSearch but found none so I think that those descriptions were not used elsewhere.

However "We can´t afford it" is the new events description.Didn´t you write to keep the new event as it is and remove the old event and it´s text for simplicity?

But the new stuff i have added is the Memel,Munich&Vichy tweaks.
So with your new polish events it will be quite a little pack.I am unsure whether to post them all together in one pack or to post them in single updatable packs like before?
Dr

If you use a single pack with several files (here would be Germany, Central Europe, USSR and Poland event file) then it get´s complicated as soon as some other change comes. Better use a single post for each single file and replace that file if something changes in it.

I deleted the old event and the old text (652007) completely from my event file and the 3 entrys in the text.csv without problems. I searched the whole event folder for another mentioning of 652007 with HDSearch but found none so I think that those descriptions were not used elsewhere.
Ok thanks for the conformation.
However "We can´t afford it" is the new events description.Didn´t you write to keep the new event as it is and remove the old event and it´s text for simplicity?
Er Yes and yes:eek:o I will do so as you posted in post 1334.

Late EDIT(Net or site running slow for me tonight?)
I am starting to think the old Text for the original Swiss events was better and more historic?Is it worth bothering changing or am i just being fussy?

If you use a single pack with several files (here would be Germany, Central Europe, USSR and Poland event file) then it get´s complicated as soon as some other change comes. Better use a single post for each single file and replace that file if something changes in it.
Yes you are right i guess the old system worked well ,so why not.I will post the new Packs in the New 0.92 download thread at stony and advertise them as normal across the boards once i have had a little test run.
I cant wait to see what the Polish Hoi1 community thinks of your new polish events, i think they will like them.They may well translate them for their own games.

Dr

Last edited:
Late EDIT(Net or site running slow for me tonight?)
I am starting to think the old Text for the original Swiss events was better and more historic?Is it worth bothering changing or am i just being fussy?

I am being very indecisive on the Swiss:) What do you think it should b?Just as it is and the old stuff removed as was your initial suggestion post 1335? Best you decide:D

Dr

I am being very indecisive on the Swiss:) What do you think it should b?Just as it is and the old stuff removed as was your initial suggestion post 1335? Best you decide:D

Dr

The old description may give more historical info. But that info, such as that Germany wanted the fighters back once the war started, or that there were dogfights between german and swiss pilots, are not possible in the game without a war between GER and SCH that historically never happened. A player who reads that description might expect more to come that never happens.

And on the other hand I´m lazy and have already removed the old event and old event description/name/actionname from my event file and text file so I would not like to change it back again :rolleyes:

And on the other hand I´m lazy and have already removed the old event and old event description/name/actionname from my event file and text file so I would not like to change it back again :rolleyes:
Sounds good to me.;)

Ok i will bundle all the recent tweaks in to packs test them and post them all separately soon.

Dr

RE; New Polish Border Events.

I have seen them fire "sweet"

But i think they might need a little tweak as they fired for me on the first day of the 1939 Scenario giving the Soviets a Polish province on the 1st of september before the Germans got any.Perhaps the events can be tweaked to fire only from 17th September the actual date the soviets started there incursion?

Dr

Last edited:
RE; New Polish Border Events.

I have seen them fire "sweet"

But i think they might need a little tweak as they fired for me on the first day of the 1939 Scenario giving the Soviets a Polish province on the 1st of september before the Germans got any.Perhaps the events can be tweaked to fire only from 17th September the actual date the soviets started there incursion?

Dr

I hesitate to use the historic date in the trigger - a german or a soviet player might invade poland at any time after the Molotov-Ribbentrop event.

How about checking that GER controls at least one polish province?

I hesitate to use the historic date in the trigger - a german or a soviet player might invade poland at any time after the Molotov-Ribbentrop event.

How about checking that GER controls at least one polish province?
Something defiantly needs to be done to delay it.As it currently looks very unhistorical in a 1939 game.
Maybe more than one province but i would suggest Danzig to be one of them.

Perhaps it can be made to only start to trigger after 7-14 days of war?That may work out better if possible?

Dr

Something defiantly needs to be done to delay it.As it currently looks very unhistorical in a 1939 game.
Maybe more than one province but i would suggest Danzig to be one of them.

Perhaps it can be made to only start to trigger after 7-14 days of war?That may work out better if possible?

Dr

Poland can lose Danzig in an ahistorical event choice peacefully.

How about the trigger condition that is used to check for the Vichy event?

Code:
		lost_national = { country = FRA value = 25 }	# At least 25% of national provinces lost

Only that we check it for POL and say 10%? Then we don´t have to use a large OR condition to check for lost control of all polish western provinces.

Poland can lose Danzig in an ahistorical event choice peacefully.

How about the trigger condition that is used to check for the Vichy event?

Code:
		lost_national = { country = FRA value = 25 }	# At least 25% of national provinces lost

Only that we check it for POL and say 10%? Then we don´t have to use a large OR condition to check for lost control of all polish western provinces.
Oh very Clever CD:cool:Sounds like a great idea:cool:

Dr

Updated post 1330
Cool Thanks.

Just tweaked and tested it.Everything all ran very well and looked great in game and it was quite historic looking and trapped some Polish Forces in Wilno when Lithuania caved in to soviets :) also no issues when i annexed Poland :cool:

Ok i will try to upload all the new stuff later/tomorrow....

Dr

EDIT ALL Done I decided to avoid confusion and release all your new works as NEW 0.92a Complete mods as there would have been 12 packs to add.

So next New works will be released in separate packs.

Last edited: