• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Last edited:
Ok i have now added your recent 702080 & 702083 event tweaks to the core_Poland.txt

UPDATE
New Hoi1 CORE Events(1960) core_Poland.txt pack v.2
http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/showpo...9&postcount=53

Thanks

Dr

In my current game that tweak saved me from another war between Poland and Lithuania that draws the Soviets in early like in my last game:

name = "0:00 March 17, 1938 : Poland went with Issue ultimatum in Polish-Lithuanian crisis."
name = "0:00 March 17, 1938 : Lithuania went with No relations with Poland, we want Wilno back in Polish-Lithuanian crisis."
name = "0:00 March 17, 1938 : Poland went with Back down in Lithuania refuses."

The Lithuanians ahistorically chose B but then the polish AI selected A and the crisis ended peacefully. :D

In my current game that tweak saved me from another war between Poland and Lithuania that draws the Soviets in early like in my last game:

The Lithuanians ahistorically chose B but then the polish AI selected A and the crisis ended peacefully. :D
Excellent great to see it working!:cool:

Dr

Event SOV 222128

In my current game as Germany after Lithuania ceded Memel to me I noticed an event for the USSR firing "relinquishing claims on memel".

It´s this one:

Code:
############################################################
#Remove Memel claim from USSR after German occupation
############################################################

event = {
	id = 222128 # 9000250
	random = no
	country = SOV

trigger = {
		event = 2009 #Lithuania cedes Memel
		NOT = { war = { country = SOV country = GER}  }
           [color=yellow]	core = { province = 711 data = SOV }[/color]
    	}

name = CEVTNAME_222128
	desc = CEVTDESC_222128
	style = 0

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1936 } 
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { [color=red]day = 15 month = december [/color] year = 19[color=red]59[/color][color=yellow]60[/color] }

action_a = {
		name = CEVTACTA_222128
		command = { type = removecore which = 711 }
                [color=yellow]command = { type = dissent value = 0.25 } [/color]
	}
}

The problem is that the USSR does not have a core on Memel at that point in the game. The USSR starts the 1936 scenario without any cores in the Baltic and gains them only with the Molotov-Ribbentrop event.

That´s correct, because if the USSR would start with those cores it would gain them by demanding it´s cores from the baltic states too early.

However if the USSR starts without a core on Memel, then it makes no sense to remove that *not existing* core on Memel right after Lithuania cedes Memel to Germany. :wacko:

Possible solutions:
1) Give the USSR the cores from the start of the 1936 scenario - that´s worse IMO because then they will gain them too early by diplomacy.
2) Delete the event entirely. Removing a non-existing core is useless. Would make sense only if the USSR have a core. USSR have a core only after Molotov-Ribbentrop event.
3) Delay the event until after the M-R event so that an existing core is removed. Then however that core needs to be added again after the USSR is in war with Germany and has started to go on the offensive again.

Edit: Changed deathdate to the 1960 standard.
Added trigger that the event only fires if the USSR has got the core.
Added command to give +0.25 dissent for giving up a claim to the idological archenemy.

Last edited:
Its a hard Decision really they should have the CORE from the Begining but like you say it may be grabbed by early Lucky diplomacy....BUT thats the same for all claims.

Something to think about.. is that i do wonder if this was actually Tweaked that way purposely in the past so that it could not happen by early diplomacy.???Perhaps?

Is it actually Broken?Or just a quibble?

3) Delay the event until after the M-R event so that an existing core is removed. Then however that core needs to be added again after the USSR is in war with Germany and has started to go on the offensive again.

I think 3 is the best option if its needed?

I have had issues with this event in game myself ,but i was playing a very weird ahistorical game It was 1942 i was Czechs still existing and Poland and Germany had not had a War(Germans had backed down)Some how !..anyway Germany & USSR ended up at war over Memel.

Another thing i seem to remember is that if Germany annexes Poland Early i think they still hand over the east to USSR even if its before MR pact?

Dr

EDIT Check my New signature link 0.92 is released!Big Thank you CD for your fantastic contributions.

Last edited:
Its a hard Decision really they should have the CORE from the Begining but like you say it may be grabbed by early Lucky diplomacy....BUT thats the same for all claims.

It should be the same for all claims, but actually it´s not.
e.g. the irish core on Ulster is only added in 1937 by event, they don´t start with that core.

Something to think about.. is that i do wonder if this was actually Tweaked that way purposely in the past so that it could not happen by early diplomacy.???Perhaps?

That´s my guess too. For that reason I don´t like option 1 because I fear that then the USSR might own Memel by demanding it early from Lithuania and LIT giving in easily.

I think 3 is the best option if its needed?...
Dr

Updated my post and added core trigger.
Now the event will only fire after the USSR actually has got the core with the M-R event and makes sense as it removes a core that they indeed have.

If we are changing the event perhaps add a +1 dissent hit for giving away a claim for the USSR?

It should be the same for all claims, but actually it´s not.
e.g. the irish core on Ulster is only added in 1937 by event, they don´t start with that core.
True probably to avoid the same early diplomacy issue.
That´s my guess too. For that reason I don´t like option 1 because I fear that then the USSR might own Memel by demanding it early from Lithuania and LIT giving in easily.
:cool:agreed
Updated my post and added core trigger.
Now the event will only fire after the USSR actually has got the core with the M-R event and makes sense as it removes a core that they indeed have.
:cool:Sweet
If we are changing the event perhaps add a +1 dissent hit for giving away a claim for the USSR?
Yes why not i like your sense of thought.
It should really be the Lith's that are depressed though.:D
My only reserve is that USSR already suffers from high dissent from the start in game.

I guess this will be the first 0.92 tweak pack:)

Dr

True probably to avoid the same early diplomacy issue.
:cool:agreed

:cool:Sweet
Yes why not i like your sense of thought.
It should really be the Lith's that are depressed though.:D
My only reserve is that USSR already suffers from high dissent from the start in game.

I guess this will be the first 0.92 tweak pack:)

Dr

Then we can simply not raise dissent by 1 but only by 0.25 as in the Nobel price events. Updated my post.

Poland event idea

Currently after the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact and the german invasion of Poland, Germany has to conquer the whole of Poland and after annexing it, has to cede the eastern polish provinces to the USSR.

That annoys me a bit, as Germany historically insisted that the USSR invades Poland too and the USSR did so two weeks after the german invasion started:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_invasion_of_Poland_(1939)

That is difficult to model ingame because if Poland and the USSR at any time would be really at war then that might lead to Poland becoming part of the Allies and the Allies being at war with the Comintern.

My idea is to have 5 events for Poland to cede provinces directly to the USSR if the historical conditions are fulfilled.

It would give a player playing Poland a hint of the disaster that historically happened when two major powers invaded and divided *yet again* Poland.
It will prevent in most games that Germany annexes the whole of Poland including the eastern border region and then later has to cede it to the USSR (that historically invaded it itself).
It will display ingame that the USSR at that time was just as much an aggressor as Germany (something that often is forgotten or overlooked considering their later war against Germany).

First draft for the first province:

Code:
###  USSR invasion of Eastern Poland event sequence by ConjurerDragon ###

event = {
	id = 3602
	random = no
	country = POL
	trigger = {	
		war = { country = POL country = GER }	
		event = 2600 #historical Molotov-Ribbentrop pact event
		control  = { province = 716 data = POL } #Wilno 
		[color=yellow]lost_national = { country = POL value = 10 }	# At least 10% of national provinces lost[/color]
		NOT = 
			{
			war = { country = POL country = SOV }
			garrison = { country = POL province = 716 size = 1 } # no polish troops in Wilno
			}
		}

name = CEVTNAME_322195 # "Germans and Russians Divide Poland" 
	desc = EVT_3602_DESC

style = 0

date = { day = 24 month = august year = 1939}
	offset = 15
	deathdate = { year = 1960 }

action_a = {
		name = OK	
	         	command = { type = secedeprovince which = SOV  value = 716 } #Wilno
		}
	}

event = {
	id = 3603
	random = no
	country = POL
	trigger = {	
		control  = { province = 717 data = POL } 
[color=yellow]lost_national = { country = POL value = 10 }	# At least 10% of national provinces lost[/color]
		NOT = 
			{
			garrison = { country = POL province = 717 size = 1 } # no polish troops
			}
		}

desc = EVT_3602_DESC

style = 0

offset = 15

action_a = {
		name = OK	
	         	command = { type = secedeprovince which = SOV  value = 717 } 
		}
	}

event = {
	id = 3604
	random = no
	country = POL
	trigger = {	
		control  = { province = 718 data = POL } 
		NOT = 
			{
			garrison = { country = POL province = 718 size = 1 } # no polish troops
			}
		}

desc = EVT_3602_DESC

style = 0

offset = 15

action_a = {
		name = OK	
	         	command = { type = secedeprovince which = SOV  value = 718 } 
		}
	}

event = {
	id = 3605
	random = no
	country = POL
	trigger = {	
		control  = { province = 721 data = POL } 
		NOT = 
			{
			garrison = { country = POL province = 721 size = 1 } # no polish troops
			}
		}

desc = EVT_3602_DESC

style = 0

offset = 15

action_a = {
		name = OK	
	         	command = { type = secedeprovince which = SOV  value = 721 } 
		}
	}

event = {
	id = 3606
	random = no
	country = POL
	trigger = {	
		control  = { province = 719 data = POL }
		NOT = 
			{
			garrison = { country = POL province = 719 size = 1 } # no polish troops 
			}
		}

desc = EVT_3602_DESC

style = 0

offset = 15

action_a = {
		name = OK	
	         	command = { type = secedeprovince which = SOV  value = 719 } 
		}
	}

Change to text.csv. As I need 1 event for every polish eastern border province it would be a waste of space to have the same description and name of the event 5 times in the polish event file. So I use the event name from the US event "Germany and Russia divide Poland" and have the event description once in the text.csv instead of five times in the event file:

Code:
EVT_3700_DESC;The Lend-Lease Agreements were arrangements for the transfer of war supplies, including food, machinery, and services, to nations whose defense was considered vital to the defense of the United States in World War II. The Lend-Lease Act, passed in 1941 by the U.S. Congress, gave the President power to sell, transfer, lend, or lease such war materials. The President was to set the terms for aid repayment was to be ‘in kind or property, or any other direct or indirect benefit which the President deems satisfactory.’ Harry L. Hopkins was appointed in March 1941, to administer lend-lease. He was replaced in July 1941, by Edward R. Stettinius, Jr, who headed the Office of Lend-Lease Administration, set up in October 1941. In September 1943, lend-lease was incorporated into the Foreign Economic Administration under Leo T. Crowley. In September 1945, it was transferred to the Department of State. Lend-lease was originally intended for China and countries of the British Empire. In November 1941, the USSR was included, and by the end of the war practically all the allies of the United States had been declared eligible for lend-lease aid. Although not all requested or received it, lend-lease agreements were signed with numerous countries.;;;;;;;;;;X
[color=yellow]EVT_3602_DESC;When the german Wehrmacht invaded Poland the polish army did not fall easily. It retreated fighting into prepared positions and when those positions became impossible to hold the plan was to retreat into the southeastern part of Poland at the border to Romania. There the polish army intended to hold out until the western Allies England and France would start a major offensive into Germany to draw some german forces out of Poland. When historically on Septembre the 17th the soviet army crossed the eastern border without a declaration of war, allegedly to protect the ukranian and white russian minorities in Poland,  the outnumbered polish soldiers were ordered to fallback.. Poland did not dare to declare war as England made clear that it was  not willing to fight both Germany and the USSR..;;;;;;;;;;X[/color]
EVT_3601_NAME;Danzig or War;;;;;;;;;;X

Text better displayed for reading to comment on:

"When the german Wehrmacht invaded Poland the polish army did not fall easily. It retreated fighting into prepared positions and when those positions became impossible to hold the plan was to retreat into the southeastern part of Poland at the border to Romania. There the polish army intended to hold out until the western Allies England and France would start a major offensive into Germany to draw some german forces out of Poland. When historically on Septembre the 17th the soviet army crossed the eastern border without a declaration of war, allegedly to protect the ukranian and white russian minorities in Poland, the outnumbered polish soldiers were ordered to fallback.. Poland did not dare to declare war as England made clear that it was not willing to fight both Germany and the USSR."

Last edited:
Then we can simply not raise dissent by 1 but only by 0.25 as in the Nobel price events. Updated my post.
:cool:

Currently after the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact and the german invasion of Poland, Germany has to conquer the whole of Poland and after annexing it, has to cede the eastern polish provinces to the USSR.
I always just grab the VP's and annex Poland without ever capturing the eastern Provinces when playing as Germany.I am not sure what German AI does?
That annoys me a bit, as Germany historically insisted that the USSR invades Poland too and the USSR did so two weeks after the german invasion started:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_invasion_of_Poland_(1939)
I have also always wanted to see some Soviet Incursion.
That is difficult to model ingame because if Poland and the USSR at any time would be really at war then that might lead to Poland becoming part of the Allies and the Allies being at war with the Comintern.
Yes indeed that is exactly why it was modded that way.
My idea is to have 5 events for Poland to cede provinces directly to the USSR if the historical conditions are fulfilled.

It would give a player playing Poland a hint of the disaster that historically.
It will prevent in most games that Germany annexes the whole of Poland including the eastern border region and then later has to cede it to the USSR (that historically invaded it itself).
It will display ingame that the USSR at that time was just as much an aggressor as Germany (something that often is forgotten or overlooked considering their later war against Germany).
Yes i completely agree.Very clever you seem to have found a solution yet again.
First draft for the first province:
Very very nice event script.

Right lets think ,with this POL ,SOV ,GER stuff & the SOV Memel tweak and the 1939.txt integration tweaks to all the other files etc ,i think the best thing to do is once you have Finished and tested them all is to post a new little pack of all this great stuff of yours bundled together again at stony as the first 0.92 fix/tweak pack and i will then re-post it after re-packing it in the 0.92 thread as a complete addon because so many files are linked it makes sense as these new tweaks will have to be added to some of the same files.

I cant settle and play the game yet properly when i know there is all this new stuff is missing:D

Dr

I always just grab the VP's and annex Poland without ever capturing the eastern Provinces when playing as Germany.I am not sure what German AI does?

I do the same. Why fight several divisions of polish tanks and infantery in Lwow when that province has 0 VP and is not needed for puppeting or annexing Poland?

I have also always wanted to see some Soviet Incursion.
Yes indeed that is exactly why it was modded that way.
Yes i completely agree.Very clever you seem to have found a solution yet again.
Very very nice event script.

It will only sometimes work fully. The current draft checks that no polish unit is stationed in the province before ceding the province to the USSR (so a player can prevent all 5 events by stationing at least 1 unit in any eastern province). If a good player manages to annex Poland in less than 15 days probably none of the 5 events will trigger.
Ceding provinces with units stationed in without a fight would seem strange to me so I used that as trigger condition.

Right lets think ,with this POL ,SOV ,GER stuff & the SOV Memel tweak and the 1939.txt integration tweaks to all the other files etc ,i think the best thing to do is once you have Finished and tested them all is to post a new little pack of all this great stuff of yours bundled together again at stony as the first 0.92 fix/tweak pack and i will then re-post it after re-packing it in the 0.92 thread as a complete addon because so many files are linked it makes sense as these new tweaks will have to be added to some of the same files.

I cant settle and play the game yet properly when i know there is all this new stuff is missing:D

It´s only a minor nuisance that I try to fix so there is no hurry to add it. Let´s wait a few days so that the few other CORE fans can have a look and comment and perhaps make suggestions to improve it.

Updated post 1330

I do the same. Why fight several divisions of polish tanks and infantery in Lwow when that province has 0 VP and is not needed for puppeting or annexing Poland?
I agree i am also always trying to conserve my manpower and oil by avoiding useless combat.
Have you ever noticed that if you have Slovak expeditionary troops in Poland when there is the handover or any expeditionary corps in Croatia when it is set up that they get returned to your build queue for deployment or upgrading as proper German units and not to their own country's queues.Its a bit of an exploit if you know about it and one to avoid if you do not like to absorb the other nations forces and leader!
It will only sometimes work fully. The current draft checks that no polish unit is stationed in the province before ceding the province to the USSR (so a player can prevent all 5 events by stationing at least 1 unit in any eastern province). If a good player manages to annex Poland in less than 15 days probably none of the 5 events will trigger.
Ceding provinces with units stationed in without a fight would seem strange to me so I used that as trigger condition.
Yes very cool also as from your link it seems theor were a number of engagements between the Soviets and Poles(which i was not aware of before):cool:
It´s only a minor nuisance that I try to fix so there is no hurry to add it.
Ok.
Let´s wait a few days so that the few other CORE fans can have a look and comment and perhaps make suggestions to improve it.
You are so optimistic i do not know whether to laugh or cry.:D But maybe some lurkers will break their silence.:)
Updated post 1330
Cool

Dr

Obsolete event

In core_CEurope.txt we have an obsolete event:

Code:
[color=red]
######################################################################### 
# 652007 - Purchasing Me109's (by Burris)
#event = {
#	id = 652007
#	random = no
#	country = SCH
#
#	trigger = {        
#		NOT = {            
#			OR = {
#				war = { country = SCH country = GER }
#				alliance = { country = SCH countery = ENG }
#				alliance = { country = SCH countery = SOV }
#				}
#			}   
#		}
#
#	date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1938 } 
#	offset = 90
#	deathdate = { day = 30 month = march year = 1938 }
#
#	name = CEVTNAME_652007
#	desc = CEVTDESC_652007
#	style = 0
#
#	action_a = {
#		name = CEVTACTA_652007
#		command = { type = add_division which = fighter value = 0 }
#		command = { type = supplies  value = -500 }
#		}
#	action_b = {
#		name = CEVTACTB_652007
#		command = { }
#		}
#}[/color]

which was replaced by:

Code:
# Switzerland purchases Me-109s from Germany
# By Zerli, original event by Burris

event = { 
	id = 652040
	random = no
	country = SCH

name = CEVTNAME_652040
	desc = CEVTDESC_652040
	style = 0

action_a = {
			name = CEVTACTA_652040
			command = { type = coalpool value = -2000 }
			command = { type = steelpool value = -2000 }
			command = { type = rubberpool value = -500 }
			command = { type = gain_tech which = 10000 }
			command = { type = gain_tech which = 10001 }
			command = { type = gain_tech which = 10002 }
			command = { type = gain_tech which = 10003 }
			command = { type = gain_tech which = 10100 }
			command = { type = gain_tech which = 10101 }	
			command = { type = gain_tech which = 10102 }		
			command = { type = alignment which = fascist value = 2 }
			command = { type = dissent value = -1 }
			command = { type = trigger which = 652041 }		
			}
	action_b = {
			name = CEVTACTB_652040
			command = { type = dissent value = 1 } # dissatisfied public opinion
			}
	}

As the newer events comment gives credit to who created the original event I see no reason to keep the original event in the files. Could we delete the original event and it´s texts from text.csv? Or does the old event still contain something that the new one lacks in scripting, sense or event text?

old event texts:

Code:
CEVTNAME_652007;Switzerland purchases fighters from Germany;;;;;;;;;;X

Code:
CEVTACTA_652007;We need fighters;;;;;;;;;;X

Code:
CEVTACTB_652007;We do not need fighters;;;;;;;;;;X

Code:
CEVTDESC_652007;In 1938, Switzerland purchased 90 Me-109 fighters from Germany. Later, when the fighters were needed desperately for the German war effort, the Swiss refused to sell them back, despite many German requests to have the fighters returned. The Swiss continued to resist increasing German pressure and desperation, and, using the very same fighters, even got into dogfights with the Germans over violations of airspace.;;;;;;;;;;X

New events text:
Code:
CEVTNAME_652040;Request for purchase of Bf-109 fighters from Germany;;;;;;;;;;X

Code:
CEVTACTA_652040;Buy the fighters;;;;;;;;;;X

Code:
CEVTACTB_652040;We can't afford it;;;;;;;;;;X

Code:
CEVTDESC_652040;Our military demands that we purchase this beautiful aircraft from Germans. The fighter airplane in question is certainly one of the most advanced designs in the world, and our Air Force would be very pleased to have some of those aircraft in its ranks. Germans have offered fairly good prices for a large number of planes.;;;;;;;;;;X

In core_CEurope.txt we have an obsolete event:

As the newer events comment gives credit to who created the original event I see no reason to keep the original event in the files. Could we delete the original event and it´s texts from text.csv? Or does the old event still contain something that the new one lacks in scripting, sense or event text?
This makes sense to me also.
old event texts:

Code:
CEVTNAME_652007;Switzerland purchases fighters from Germany;;;;;;;;;;X

Code:
CEVTACTA_652007;We need fighters;;;;;;;;;;X

Code:
CEVTACTB_652007;We do not need fighters;;;;;;;;;;X

Code:
CEVTDESC_652007;In 1938, Switzerland purchased 90 Me-109 fighters from Germany. Later, when the fighters were needed desperately for the German war effort, the Swiss refused to sell them back, despite many German requests to have the fighters returned. The Swiss continued to resist increasing German pressure and desperation, and, using the very same fighters, even got into dogfights with the Germans over violations of airspace.;;;;;;;;;;X
Although i am not sure which i prefer .
I would choose to mix them ,i like the first Desc better than the 2nd as it has more historical detail and i prefer the first CEVTACTA_652007 & CEVTACTB_652007.

New events text:
Code:
CEVTNAME_652040;Request for purchase of Bf-109 fighters from Germany;;;;;;;;;;X

Code:
CEVTACTA_652040;Buy the fighters;;;;;;;;;;X

Code:
CEVTACTB_652040;We can't afford it;;;;;;;;;;X

Code:
CEVTDESC_652040;Our military demands that we purchase this beautiful aircraft from Germans. The fighter airplane in question is certainly one of the most advanced designs in the world, and our Air Force would be very pleased to have some of those aircraft in its ranks. Germans have offered fairly good prices for a large number of planes.;;;;;;;;;;X

Actually i do not care, i say leave the new events text as it is as its less hassle.

Dr

You are so optimistic i do not know whether to laugh or cry.:D But maybe some lurkers will break their silence.:)
Cool
Dr

It´s a habit that I´m used to after participating for a while in the AGCEEP forum for EU2 at the paradox forums. Some people only have their notification for changes in threads set to "once a week" so it´s good to wait a week to see if someone has something to say before implementing changes. Which means that the changes to Memel can be implemented now

It´s a habit that I´m used to after participating for a while in the AGCEEP forum for EU2 at the paradox forums. Some people only have their notification for changes in threads set to "once a week" so it´s good to wait a week to see if someone has something to say before implementing changes.
Good policy.
Which means that the changes to Memel can be implemented now
Ok:)

I think i should also open a 0.92 discussion and feedback thread here like the original 0.91beta one.

Dr

Good policy.
Ok:)

I think i should also open a 0.92 discussion and feedback thread here like the original 0.91beta one.

Dr

As noone replied about my 3 new polish border events in one week those could be added too.