• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will try that...

I will try that and I thought this posted into the event writing thread...woops. Will try harder (self-flagellating with a dead halibut). :D

Originally posted by Vulture
Pattexed as well :)

Good move Vulture... Sorry about my PM box... It's empty now...

Extro :)

Spot on over that freezing on loadup extro - you are the master, and will save me rebooting a few times in the future for sure!

On the side, I've had trouble with (what I think is) flags causing events to freeze HoI whilst its running in 1.03b. I can also confirm (I think) that everything falls over if you try to 'inherit' a nation that's already in your alliance. Just letting you know, so that either other people reading this thread can know, or you can put me straight so other people reading this thread can know that instead!

Originally posted by Axe99
Spot on over that freezing on loadup extro - you are the master, and will save me rebooting a few times in the future for sure!

That's what Vulture is paying me the big $$$ for.... :D

Glad I could help...

Last edited:
Got my event to work!

Thanks to Extro and everyone else who has helped me writing this event. Now I can make Egypt jump to the Axis, and then the Allies are really hurt - bye bye Suez (and in the game I tried it with Egypt got to conquer the Sudan, Palestine, Cyprus, Lebanon and Syria. Was debating about helping the Axis conquer Greece but by the time I made up my mind, the Italians had beaten me to Crete (Iraklion) so didn't seem worth the effort. I will post the event on CORE Mideast as soon as I can.

Happy Happy!:D

Secedeprovince

In the Far East, I've been using secedeprovince for the Kiri Project events. This was working fine.

I then introduced some event where Japanese-held provinces with no garrison may defect to ComChi. Again, I used secedeprovince and this works well.

However, if the Kiri project happens then it no longer secedes any provinces which have defected to ComChi and then been conquered by Japan again.

Anyway idea why this happens and how to get around it?

Re: Secedeprovince

Originally posted by Steel
In the Far East, I've been using secedeprovince for the Kiri Project events. This was working fine.

I then introduced some event where Japanese-held provinces with no garrison may defect to ComChi. Again, I used secedeprovince and this works well.

However, if the Kiri project happens then it no longer secedes any provinces which have defected to ComChi and then been conquered by Japan again.

Anyway idea why this happens and how to get around it?

Hi Steel,

I see you guys are working hard... that's good... :)

I would think the problem may be related to the owned vs controled territories. You can secede a province that you own but not one that you control only. Maybe at first the Japanease own the provinces before the Kiri event, then they secede to ComChi, then the Japanease take over again. At this point the Japanease control but don't own the provinces, hence they can't secede them back to ComChi...

Check this and then maybe post the events so I can have a look at them...

My best guess...

Re: Re: Secedeprovince

Originally posted by Extro
Hi Steel,

I see you guys are working hard... that's good... :)

I would think the problem may be related to the owned vs controled territories. You can secede a province that you own but not one that you control only. Maybe at first the Japanease own the provinces before the Kiri event, then they secede to ComChi, then the Japanease take over again. At this point the Japanease control but don't own the provinces, hence they can't secede them back to ComChi...

Check this and then maybe post the events so I can have a look at them...

My best guess...

Thanks for the feedback. Rather than waste too much time on this I picked an alternate solution (using add_division rather than secedeprovince) and there's now an additional 60 events to help ComChi along :D

have anyone used the add_division command with a "panzer"???
i have done it and it never worked... :(
i put:
command = { type = add_division which = panzer value = 0}
and
command = { type = add_division which = panzer value = none}

but every time i got an "error in the which or value clause" (that's the error message)

do you have any idea??? :confused:

Originally posted by Generalisimo
have anyone used the add_division command with a "panzer"???
i have done it and it never worked... :(
i put:
command = { type = add_division which = panzer value = 0}
and
command = { type = add_division which = panzer value = none}

but every time i got an "error in the which or value clause" (that's the error message)

do you have any idea??? :confused:

I have an idea. The problem is you are trying to add Zero panzer divisions... what is the point of that? :confused:

I think panzer is OK... If not try armor...

value = none

to attach no brigade... not 0...

I remember getting some errors along these lines, try to exclude the value parameter completely. AFAIK if you are not attaching a brigade you don't need to state it.