• Crusader Kings II Expansion Subscription

Subscribe to the CK II Expansion and enjoy unlimited access to 13 major expansions and more!

• Paradox Space Exploration Sale has arrived! Up to 75% off

How's the space on your hard drive? Paradox wants to challenge your galaxy brain with a great selection of space exploration games - and they're all on sale for some very down-to-earth prices! The sale runs from May 4th until May 10th at 17:00 CEST / 08:00 PDT.

May 4th - May 10th
  • Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

unmerged(34173)

Sergeant
Sep 10, 2004
It appears that Engineers approach seems to work just fine. The key is, as mentioned, that the AI could recall EF early or not at all and completely defeat the purpose of making them EF in the first place. A human player would (hopefully) play correctly and maintain them as an independent unit until such time as it was necesssary for them to be evacuated to save the unit for future combat.

I have actually gone ahead and modified the 36 scenario so that this is not needed. I went ahead and made the units US units, actually moving them into the US .inc and I will maintain them as independents working for PHI.

The only step I have left is to track the leaders and modify those ID's so that I do not end up with 2 Mac's etc. This may be the best solution for the US player, although I am sure the AI ad the US would ship everything out instantly. This may be worth looking into for future CORE releases. It seems obvious that PHI once under attack from Japan, and on the verge of being overrun would not sacrifice untis but transfer power to the US so that they may fight on from US soil.

Just my 2cents though.

Feb 24, 2003
Visit site
US Forces in the Phillipines

Hi, Bigcat. The US forces in the Phillipines used to be just straight US troops. When the logistic distance effect got magnified along the way from the original release, the US ground forces ended up being rendered almost ineffective due to the length of their supply line. I think as an expeditionary force, they trace supply from Manila so that is taken care of. I'd need to reopen a save game to verify that.

There's a weak argument to make the Phillipines owned/non-national US territory. That has its own set of problems but solves the logistics issue.

unmerged(34173)

Sergeant
Sep 10, 2004
You bring up an excellent point regarding the magnified logistics penalty. I had not thought about it that way. Tonight I will start a fresh game with the forces under US control and see if there is any logistics problems.

I am sure there has to be some sort of way this can be solved for good. I am sure I am not the first person to run into this situation. It only seems natural that an American commander when pulling out would retreat to their own soil, even if they were commanding non-US forces.