• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

brandnew70x7

Existentialism On Prom Night
38 Badges
Dec 5, 2002
Visit site
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
C.O.R.E BUGS (Since people dont read "Read this First)

Post all your bugs here. Make sure they aren't repeats..

(Don't sticky this, or it won't be looked at)

Negative US WE

So I'm playing my first CORE game (as Italy). The Axis have all Western Europe and nearly all of Africa (I just puppeted South Africa) in the middle of 1941. I check US War Entry and it's at -9%! Is this a bug or an undocumented feature?

Have fun,
Eric

Re: Negative US WE

Originally posted by EricGS
So I'm playing my first CORE game (as Italy). The Axis have all Western Europe and nearly all of Africa (I just puppeted South Africa) in the middle of 1941. I check US War Entry and it's at -9%! Is this a bug or an undocumented feature?

Have fun,
Eric

If you check the game log you will probably find that the USA had the isolationist outcome in elections. This is a standard Paradox event and gives -50 war entry. In total the USA can gain -119 points of war entry through Paradox events.

vichy crash to desktop

I'm playing the latest CORE as Germany. The Allies DOWed me in 1937. I had enough of France in June 1938 to install Vichy, but when I choose the option HOI crashes to the desktop. I'm sure it's the v05.2 patch.

Re: vichy crash to desktop

Originally posted by gwgardner
I'm playing the latest CORE as Germany. The Allies DOWed me in 1937. I had enough of France in June 1938 to install Vichy, but when I choose the option HOI crashes to the desktop. I'm sure it's the v05.2 patch.

You are absolutely right :) Get the hotfixes from the link in my sig.

Turkey.inc damaged?

I'm playing CORE 0.53 and the whole of turkey isn't selectable in diplomatic mode. Also a "country = { tag=TUR" doesn't appear in the autosave. Could this be because the turkey.inc file of CORE starts with
Code:
# C.O.R.E. v0.5 verified - there is a lot more Turkish claims in 1.05, not
added to C.O.R.E

country = {
Note the missing '#' in the second line. Probably causes an syntax error.

Re: Turkey.inc damaged?

Originally posted by woos
I'm playing CORE 0.53 and the whole of turkey isn't selectable in diplomatic mode. Also a "country = { tag=TUR" doesn't appear in the autosave. Could this be because the turkey.inc file of CORE starts with
Code:
# C.O.R.E. v0.5 verified - there is a lot more Turkish claims in 1.05, not
added to C.O.R.E

country = {
Note the missing '#' in the second line. Probably causes an syntax error.

I agree. Made the fix. Worked.

BTW, I did read "Read this First", but I think a general bug thread per version is much advantegous to both bug reporters and maintainers. Or can you tell me how I should find out if this bug has already been reported without scanning several pages of the near east thread which is talking about things like the Korean war, manpower additions to the Bahamas, the current army strength of Bhutan ... .

Originally posted by woos
BTW, I did read "Read this First", but I think a general bug thread per version is much advantegous to both bug reporters and maintainers. Or can you tell me how I should find out if this bug has already been reported without scanning several pages of the near east thread which is talking about things like the Korean war, manpower additions to the Bahamas, the current army strength of Bhutan ... .

Known bugs are listed in the Bug list , one post per release.

Game doesn't work...No desktop icon is being created. I have uninstalled and reinstalled CORE. Nothing.

Re: Re: vichy crash to desktop

I think this one introduced a new bug. Can't find where and what. :/

Around 1939 - September 28/29, there is an event or something that crashes to desktop.

Anyone else got this one?

Originally posted by Steel
You are absolutely right :) Get the hotfixes from the link in my sig.

Re: Re: Re: vichy crash to desktop

Originally posted by wwater
I think this one introduced a new bug. Can't find where and what. :/

Around 1939 - September 28/29, there is an event or something that crashes to desktop.

Anyone else got this one?

Hmm, I think there may be some confusion here.

- In v0.52 there was a Vichy CTD that could be fixed with some hotfix files and sometimes also needed editing of the save game. Those hotfix files are no longer available.

- In v0.53 there is a CTD when you start as Turkey or do a diplo action with Turkey (or if the AI does a diplo on Turkey). The latest hotfix (core0531.zip) fixes this for new games. For games started before the hotfix was installed it is necessary to edit the save game.

So... which version are you playing? Once I know that I can help you :) You can zip the save game and email it to alf@melachea.demon.co.uk and I'll respond tonight (GMT time) with a fix.

I'm playing .53 as Germany and in October of 1939 I keep getting a CTD. It doesn't seem to be tied to anything that I could notice. The only thing in common is that I've annexed Poland and given half to the USSR. However the crash usually occurs in late October and those events occurred in early-mid October. I haven't tried to do anything diplo with turkey so I don't think that is the problem. It is a new game with .53.

Thanks

It is probably crashing because another nation is trying to get MA with Turkey, typically the USSR AI does try for this.

About the save game fix, this was verified as effective by a few people. Either use the DIY fix (see below) or email the save game to alf@melachea.demon.co.uk

Originally posted by Steel
Well, it might have somewhat unpredictable results as some dates will be wrong but in theory you can do this:

- Backup your save game
- Download this
- Copy the text from the zipped file to your clipboard
- Open your savegame in Notepad
- Find the section starting with country = { tag = JAP
- Paste the text from your clipboard on a blank line before the JAP section and after the closing } of the previous section

This will insert the Turkish 1936 setup between Sweden and Japan in the save game. I've tried it on a 1/1/36 save of a corrupt game and it works, but I don't know if it will work on a game in progress. Try it and post back with the results, but if it fails then a restart will be needed I'm afraid.

Stardawn's bug

I seem to be having a similar problem. I am playing a game as Germany. Things run fine (an occasional ctd but reloading fixes that) until June of 1940.

I starting getting ctd's when the game went from 2:00-3:00 on June 4th every time I loaded the game. I managed to get past that by pausing at 2:00 and slowing down the game speed. However, the same thing started happening about a day later in the game.

Do you want this save game too?