• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
FDR was Pro-UK, so for US to DoW UK he has clearly lost to someone.

Joseph Kennedy (sr) was US ambassador to UK, decidedly Pro-German and almost Anti-British in his behavior.

And my first thought was John F. Kennedy :eek:o
Learned something new, thankyou :)

Perhaps we should have an event if FDR is president and the USA at war with UK that he should step back for someone else? But more important is to find the malfunctioning Monroe Doctrine event that cause that war.

And my first thought was John F. Kennedy :eek:o
Learned something new, thankyou :)
Me too..i though it was a joke about Kennedy getting Marilyn Monroe at first:rofl:
Perhaps we should have an event if FDR is president and the USA at war with UK that he should step back for someone else? But more important is to find the malfunctioning Monroe Doctrine event that cause that war.
Yes it is odd.As it seems it should work from what you are saying.I have not played for a while or attacked/allied with SA states so i have not seen it myself.I have only really seen it trigger correctly when i have played as a SA nation declaring war on my Neighbours .

Dr

Event typo in 0.92

In event 752321 the event description (CEVTDESC) is 172321. Which means that instead of saying for the Serbian player to turn over provinces to Bulgaria it tells that Admiral Dönitz builds more submarines for Serbia :rolleyes:

The events name and action a description are wrong too. However for "name" and action description there is no 752321 text in the text.csv file. Any idea which text to use?

Code:
event = {
	id = 752321
	country = SER
	random = no

name = CEVTNAME_172321
	desc = CEVTDESC_[color=red]17[/color][color=yellow]75[/color]2321

action_a = {
			name = CEVTACTA_172321
			command = { type = dissent value = 5 } # Popular anger
			command = { type = supplies value = -500 } # Loss of property
			command = { type = secedeprovince which = BUL value = 735 } # Nis
			command = { type = trigger which = 752323 }
			}
	}

Last edited:
In event 752321 the event description (CEVTDESC) is 172321. Which means that instead of saying for the Serbian player to turn over provinces to Bulgaria it tells that Admiral Dönitz builds more submarines for Serbia :rolleyes:

The events name and action a description are wrong too. However for "name" and action description there is no 752321 text in the text.csv file. Any idea which text to use?
Gosh its a bit confusing i have found these entries are they the ones needed?.....

Code:
CEVTDESC_172332;Partisan activity in central Serbia and the resulting unrest have proved a continued drain on our manpower. With the war with Soviet Union, the military feels they need the occupation forces stationed there on the front. Our allies, the Bulgarians, have long claimed this area for their own, and are offering to take over occupation duties. On the other hand, central Serbia is a strategically important region, guarding the main road and rail lines to Greece. Shall we transfer control of central Serbia to Bulgarians?;;;;;;;;;;X
CEVTDESC_172331;Unrest in southern Serbia has proved a continued drain on our manpower. With the war with Soviet Union, the military feels they need the occupation forces stationed there on the front. Our allies, the Bulgarians, have long claimed this area for their own, and are offering to take over occupation duties. On the other hand, southern Serbia is a strategically important region, guarding the main road and rail lines to Greece. Shall we transfer control of southern Serbia to Bulgarians? Historically, 104th infantry division, charged with occupying this area, was sent to the Eastern Front in December 1941, when Bulgarians took control over Nis and the surrounding area.;;;;;;;;;;X
Code:
CEVTNAME_172332;Occupation of central Serbia;;;;;;;;;;X
CEVTNAME_172331;Occupation of southern Serbia;;;;;;;;;;X

or am i just more confused :)

Dr

Gosh its a bit confusing i have found these entries are they the ones needed?.....

Code:
CEVTDESC_172332;Partisan activity in central Serbia and the resulting unrest have proved a continued drain on our manpower. With the war with Soviet Union, the military feels they need the occupation forces stationed there on the front. Our allies, the Bulgarians, have long claimed this area for their own, and are offering to take over occupation duties. On the other hand, central Serbia is a strategically important region, guarding the main road and rail lines to Greece. Shall we transfer control of central Serbia to Bulgarians?;;;;;;;;;;X
CEVTDESC_172331;Unrest in southern Serbia has proved a continued drain on our manpower. With the war with Soviet Union, the military feels they need the occupation forces stationed there on the front. Our allies, the Bulgarians, have long claimed this area for their own, and are offering to take over occupation duties. On the other hand, southern Serbia is a strategically important region, guarding the main road and rail lines to Greece. Shall we transfer control of southern Serbia to Bulgarians? Historically, 104th infantry division, charged with occupying this area, was sent to the Eastern Front in December 1941, when Bulgarians took control over Nis and the surrounding area.;;;;;;;;;;X

No. The event has it´s own description, only the number of the description was wrong that´s why I corrected it in my post. The existing description is:

Code:
CEVTDESC_752321;Unrest in southern Serbia has proved a continued drain on German manpower. With the war with Soviet Union, Germans feel they need the occupation forces stationed there on the front. Therefore they have transferred control of southern Serbia, particularly the area around Nis, to their Bulgarian allies. Bulgarians have long claimed those areas due to a small Bulgar minority living there. We have little choice but to accept.;;;;;;;;;;X

Code:
CEVTNAME_172332;Occupation of central Serbia;;;;;;;;;;X
CEVTNAME_172331;Occupation of southern Serbia;;;;;;;;;;X

or am i just more confused :)
Dr

Consider how confused the serbian player would have been when he read that Admiral Dönitz gives him submarines for Nis! :rofl:

Edit: For name I would prefer 172331 as it speaks of "southern Serbia" just like the eventdescription

Last edited:
No. The event has it´s own description, only the number of the description was wrong that´s why I corrected it in my post.
Ok i was confused right i have tweaked the files the same.
Consider how confused the serbian player would have been when he read that Admiral Dönitz gives him submarines for Nis! :rofl:
:D The use of submarines in anti partisan warfare is a great way to confuse the enemy;)

:doc:

Ok i was confused right i have tweaked the files the same.
:D The use of submarines in anti partisan warfare is a great way to confuse the enemy;)

Submarines in anti partisan warfare *way inland in the mountains of Serbia* would confuse anyone. :rolleyes:

Submarines in anti partisan warfare *way inland in the mountains of Serbia* would confuse anyone. :rolleyes:
:rofl:.....Although i have often thought Submarines with Caterpillar tracks would be quite useful and surprising weapons:wacko:

Dr

:rofl:.....Although i have often thought Submarines with Caterpillar tracks would be quite useful and surprising weapons:wacko:

Dr

Surprising without doubt. But useful? Caterpillarmoved submarines firing a spread of torpedoes against a division of tanks at Kursk does not sound very useful...?

Surprising without doubt. But useful? Caterpillarmoved submarines firing a spread of torpedoes against a division of tanks at Kursk does not sound very useful...?
:DAh yes indeed you would be forced to use the Deck guns and flak gun if engaged on land...But the Caterpillar tracks would be great if you think of using subs clandestinely think of them like Otters or Crocodiles able to slip in and out of the water wherever they please sea or lakes...and simple to scrape the barnacles off with no dry dock needed for repairs ....There is genius in the madness:D

Dr

Me too..i though it was a joke about Kennedy getting Marilyn Monroe at first:rofl:
Yes it is odd.As it seems it should work from what you are saying.I have not played for a while or attacked/allied with SA states so i have not seen it myself.I have only really seen it trigger correctly when i have played as a SA nation declaring war on my Neighbours .

Dr

It continues to haunt me that bug. After the USA declared war on the UK using the Monroe events (because the UK was at war with my german alliance including several american states) I deleted that war from the savegame and thought to continue playing that game.

After achieving the "New Order West" events (Britain gives up and cedes several provinces and becomes a puppet of Germany) the UK joined me as a member of the Axis.

Then, as the USSR ahistorically never started the Winter War against Finland I manually triggered that event (FIN was a member of the Axis at that time, Albania ahistorially a member of the Comintern due to yet another ahistorical choice...) suddenly the USA declared WAR! again.

Not on me. On the USSR. Because now, according to the Monroe events the USSR was just as before the UK, at war with some american state (who was in my alliance) :rolleyes:

Reloaded game after editing the argentinian event to fire only if the USA had a warentry of 1000 (easier to add that line than to manually set # before all lines of that event) and after reloading the USA yet again declared war.

My guess now is that it´s the Monroe event checking for an attack on Bolivia because the trigger is different than the argentinian event.

Argentinian events trigger:

Code:
  trigger = { 
          random = 15
          under_attack = ARG
	warentry = 1000 # just to disable it for my game at that time to check which event fires for me. do not use in your game.
                NOT = { 
                      or= {
                         AND = {
                            alliance = { country = USA country = ENG }
                            alliance = { country = USA country = ARG }
                           }

alliance = { country = ARG country = ENG }
                      alliance = { country = ARG country = SOV }
                      alliance = { country = ARG country = GER }
                      }
                      }
                   }

I read that trigger as "will not fire if either 1) allied with the USA and the USA allied with ENG = ARG is Allied both must be true OR 2) ARG is allied with either ENG, SOV or GER".

The bolivian event however has:
Code:
trigger = { 

random = 15
          under_attack = BOL
                NOT = { 
                      or= {
                         AND = {
                            alliance = { country = USA country = BOL }
                      alliance = { country = BOL country = ENG }
                      alliance = { country = BOL country = SOV }
                      alliance = { country = BOL country = GER }
                           }
                       }
                 }

}

If I read that right then the OR is useless as there is only ONE huge AND condition. And BOL can never be allied to ENG, SOV AND GER at the same time.

The other american states like BRA, CHL have the same trigger as Argentina so I would say that the BOL trigger is bugged and causes the USA to declare war on anyone at war with Bolivia as the conditon that it should not happen if BOL is axis can never be fulfilled as it´s connected to the other conditions with the AND.

Last edited:
:DAh yes indeed you would be forced to use the Deck guns and flak gun if engaged on land...But the Caterpillar tracks would be great if you think of using subs clandestinely think of them like Otters or Crocodiles able to slip in and out of the water wherever they please sea or lakes...and simple to scrape the barnacles off with no dry dock needed for repairs ....There is genius in the madness:D

Dr

With swimming Volkswagen recon cars that would not be madness. Madness would be submerged Me 262 armed with torpedoes :cool:

It continues to haunt me that bug.
:eek:
If I read that right then the OR is useless as there is only ONE huge AND condition. And BOL can never be allied to ENG, SOV AND GER at the same time.

The other american states like BRA, CHL have the same trigger as Argentina so I would say that the BOL trigger is bugged and causes the USA to declare war on anyone at war with Bolivia as the conditon that it should not happen if BOL is axis can never be fulfilled as it´s connected to the other conditions with the AND.
Well done Sherlock, its seems your deductive powers are right again Holmes.

Dr "Watson"

With swimming Volkswagen recon cars that would not be madness.
Oh yes operation Sealion might have been successful with German "Otter class" Subs:) I love those little Volkswagens:cool:
Madness would be submerged Me 262 armed with torpedoes :cool:
Is that why they look like sharks?:)

Dr

Originally Posted by ConjurerDragon

You do know such things sort of existed? Rumour says the soviets had lots of tracked minisubs in swedish shallow waters in the 80's, based on stolen german technology of caurse. ;)
I have even read a about a fisherman encountering a caterpillar tank climbing over some rocks at the swedish eastcoast and seen pictures of track marks at the bottom. But this is just rumours ( that may be true? )
Ohh, i really like these halfmyth stuff... :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_submarine_incidents
http://strangevehicles.greyfalcon.us/BORGWARD SEETEUFEL.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seeteufel

You do know such things sort of existed? Rumour says the soviets had lots of tracked minisubs in swedish shallow waters in the 80's, based on stolen german technology of caurse. ;)
I have even read a about a fisherman encountering a caterpillar tank climbing over some rocks at the swedish eastcoast and seen pictures of track marks at the bottom. But this is just rumours ( that may be true? )
Ohh, i really like these halfmyth stuff... :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_submarine_incidents
http://strangevehicles.greyfalcon.us/BORGWARD SEETEUFEL.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seeteufel
Brilliant i was going to say how cool mini tracked subs would be just like Crocodiles and the Germans had already had the idea:cool:....But then it proves my idea was logical and thus so is CD's Aqua-262:cool:....Now come to think of it even flying Me262's armed with Torpedoes on June 6th 1944 might have been very effective:eek:

Eastern Front/New Order East event file

In the event below Germany cedes the provinces of the Ukraine to *Germany*. Ceding provinces to oneself ... :confused:

The intention of the event is that if Germany chose the historical occupation policy and then conquers the Ukraine plus a few provinces then it only occupies but does not own those provinces (= less IC and resources than owning). So there is an event for the USSR to cede ownership of the Ukraine to Germany and for Germany to set up the "Reichskommisariat Ukraine". If then the USSR historically later re-conquers the Ukraine which is checked by event SOV 5289 then that triggers an event for Germany to cede those provinces back.

So the german event 5290 should cede those provinces to SOV and not to GER.

Code:
#################################################
# Loss of the Ukraine - German Event
event = { 
	id = 5290
	random = no 
	country = GER 

#triggered by SOV5289 

name = CEVTNAME_5290
	desc = CEVTDESC_5290

style = 0

action_a = {
		name = CEVTACTA_5290
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = [color=red]GER[/color][color=yellow]SOV[/color] value = 719 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = [color=red]GER[/color][color=yellow]SOV[/color]value = 721 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = [color=red]GER[/color][color=yellow]SOV[/color]value = 764 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = [color=red]GER[/color][color=yellow]SOV[/color]value = 766 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = [color=red]GER[/color][color=yellow]SOV[/color]value = 769 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = [color=red]GER[/color][color=yellow]SOV[/color]value = 770 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = [color=red]GER[/color][color=yellow]SOV[/color]value = 774 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = [color=red]GER[/color][color=yellow]SOV[/color]value = 775 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = [color=red]GER[/color][color=yellow]SOV[/color]value = 776 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = [color=red]GER[/color][color=yellow]SOV[/color]value = 857 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = [color=red]GER[/color][color=yellow]SOV[/color]value = 862 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = [color=red]GER[/color][color=yellow]SOV[/color]value = 863 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = [color=red]GER[/color][color=yellow]SOV[/color]value = 864 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = [color=red]GER[/color][color=yellow]SOV[/color]value = 865 }
	}
}

Exactly the same is true for the romanian event that is triggered by SOV 5289 too. And it´s not triggered by SOV 5288. 5288 is a german event ceding the baltic states. It´s triggered by SOV 5289.

Code:
# Loss of the Ukraine - Romanian Event
event = { 
	id = 5291
	random = no 
	country = ROM 

#triggered by SOV[color=red]5288[/color][color=yellow]5289[/color]

name = CEVTNAME_5291
	desc = CEVTDESC_5291

style = 0

action_a = {
		name = CEVTACTA_5291
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = [color=red]GER[/color][color=yellow]SOV[/color]value = 764 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = [color=red]GER[/color][color=yellow]SOV[/color]value = 766 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = [color=red]GER[/color][color=yellow]SOV[/color]value = 769 }
	}
}

And the soviet event that triggers these two events is weird too. It´s event ID is 5289. And it triggers the "german event to cede provinces 5289". Mmmh. 5289? Again? Itself?

Code:
# Liberation of the Ukrainian SSR - Soviet Event
event = { 
	id = 5289
	random = no 
	country = SOV 
	trigger = { 

war = { country = GER  country = SOV }
		event = 5223 #Reichskommisariat Ukraina has been set up

control = { province = 719 data = SOV } #All of Ukraine must be liberated
		control = { province = 725 data = SOV }
		control = { province = 764 data = SOV }
		control = { province = 766 data = SOV }
		control = { province = 769 data = SOV }
		control = { province = 770 data = SOV }
		control = { province = 774 data = SOV }
		control = { province = 775 data = SOV }
		control = { province = 776 data = SOV }
		control = { province = 857 data = SOV }
		control = { province = 862 data = SOV } 
		control = { province = 863 data = SOV }
		control = { province = 864 data = SOV }
		control = { province = 865 data = SOV }
	}

name = CEVTNAME_5289
	desc = CEVTDESC_5289

style = 0

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1936 }
	offset = 7 # Check for trigger conditions every week
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1959 }

action_a = {
		name = CEVTACTA_5289
		command = { type = trigger which = [color=red]5289[/color][color=yellow]5290[/color] } #German event to secede the Ukraine provinces
		command = { type = trigger which = [color=red]5290[/color][color=yellow]5291[/color] } #Romanian event to secede the Ukraine provinces
	}
}

Last edited:
Gosh how weird and confusing...stand to reason that this has hardly ever been tested or chosen by players in game....Well spotted CD.

ok i will tweak up this stuff...

Am i correct thinking that there can be A Soviet Ukraine puppet in game?

Dr

EDIT did you fix the Monroe Events yet?

Last edited:
Gosh how weird and confusing...stand to reason that this has hardly ever been tested or chosen by players in game....Well spotted CD.

No wonder that was not noticed.
Humans playing Germany tend not to lose the Ukraine again after they conquered it (or tend not to continue THOSE games where they lose) :rolleyes:

And a human playing the USSR might not even notice it. On the map he will see everything red (= occupied) but not notice that he does not own those provinces as the event did not work right.

Am i correct thinking that there can be A Soviet Ukraine puppet in game?
Dr

I don´t know as I have not yet played enough games that contained the eastern front to see any variation possible. At least not by this event series that we are currently discussing.

EDIT did you fix the Monroe Events yet?

Yes, in my post here in this thread:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10559178&postcount=1752
I found that the trigger of the sphere event for the Bolivian Monroe event was bugged.

Simply replace the trigger of the bolivian event with the correct trigger of the argentinian or any other monroe event and it should work as intended so that the USA does not declare war on anyone at war with an american minor - even if that minor is part of the axis...

Last edited:
No wonder that was not noticed.
Humans playing Germany tend not to lose the Ukraine again after they conquered it (or tend not to continue THOSE games where they lose) :rolleyes:

And a human playing the USSR might not even notice it. On the map he will see everything red (= occupied) but not notice that he does not own those provinces as the event did not work right.
:cool:God stuff CD,I got it loading no boinks all cool.
I don´t know as I have not yet played enough games that contained the eastern front to see any variation possible. At least not by this event series that we are currently discussing.
It might just be my imagination:)
Yes, in my post here in this thread:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10559178&postcount=1752
I found that the trigger of the sphere event for the Bolivian Monroe event was bugged.

Simply replace the trigger of the bolivian event with the correct trigger of the argentinian or any other monroe event and it should work as intended so that the USA does not declare war on anyone at war with an american minor - even if that minor is part of the axis...
Ok cool ihad seen it but was not sure if you had finished.

I am having a bit of a dead head moment...from what i can see the only difference to be tweaked is the Missing Bracket?

Is this correct?....
Code:
trigger = { 

random = 15
          under_attack = BOL
                NOT = { 
                      or= {
                         AND = {
                         [COLOR="Red"]}[/COLOR]

alliance = { country = BOL country = SOV }
                      alliance = { country = BOL country = GER }
                           }
                       }
                 }

}
:confused:

Dr

:cool:God stuff CD,I got it loading no boinks all cool.
It might just be my imagination:)
Ok cool ihad seen it but was not sure if you had finished.

I am having a bit of a dead head moment...from what i can see the only difference to be tweaked is the Missing Bracket?

But it´s a huge difference. Without that bracket all conditions must be fulfilled ("AND") that the event does NOT trigger. And those conditions are mutually exclusive (being an ally of germany and the USA and USSR usually is) so the whole NOT condition was worthless and the event would fire every time BOL was at war with someone.

With the bracket only two conditions are together with the AND but the other 3 are only connected by the OR so that the event won´t trigger if any of the 4 conditions is true. Means that the USA won´t declare war on the USSR because Bolivia is allied to Germany and the Axis is at war with the Comintern.

Is this correct?....
Code:
trigger = { 

random = 15
          under_attack = BOL
                NOT = { 
                      or= {
                         AND = {
                         [COLOR="Red"]}[/COLOR]