• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"Unknown String Wanted."

Its probably the name text.

There are 2 places for name text in the events
first one is the event name

Code:
event = {
            id = XYZ
            random = no
            country = (TAG)
            name = "The EVENT"
            desc = "The Event is bad"  etc

The 2nd is in the action area (the string that is displayed to the user)

Code:
action_a = {
                name = " OK "
                command = { }
          }
action_b = {
                name = "Oh NO!" 
                etc

I think the problem will be with the Event Name...it must be blank or not
included.. IIRC this is the bit that appears in the log as
"Country X reports that Event (event name) happened to us."

cheers M

Last edited:
I see its the 1400058-1400062 series of US Hard CORE events - Congress limits military spending. Looking in the event file and following the called for event txt in the text.csv file, everything looks kosher to me so I don't know why it would post that.

I figured the dissent event should only fire once - I think that happened when I was playing, the game crashed (happens infrequently, usually when I'm placing tons of units on the map), and then reloaded. I don't quit and load though to avoid bad situations. :D

Incidentaly, I think the CORE team did a wonderful job on this mod. With tons of events to sift through, the mod makes you feel like you're the leader of the country you're playing with real decisions, worries, and concerns. Kudos guys!

Typo

In the description of the "Armoured Flight Deck" tech in text.csv
It´s the INVINCIBLE and not the INVISIBLE class. The english are no romulans with cloaking technology...

Code:
CTECD_13210;The difficulty with the standard carrier design was its inability to absorb damage from air and surface attacks.  The solution to this was an armored deck which supported the flight deck.  This deck would deflect bombs and shells and prevent damage.  The down side to this armor deck was the reduction in the size of the air group that could be carried on board.  Historically this was the carriers of the British Invi[color=red]s[/color][color=yellow]nc[/color]ible-class.;;;;;;;;;;X

Edited invicible to *invincible*

Last edited:
or even invincible-class?

Noooo. Who would call a ship Invincible. There is no such ship. Never has been an invincible ship. Invicible is already much better than Invisible.

Original Post edited :rolleyes:

conjurerdragon said:
noooo. Who would call a ship invincible. There is no such ship. Never has been an invincible ship. Invicible is already much better than invisible.

:d

Invisible ships removed from Hoi1

Trouble with those invisible ships is we still cant remember where we moored them ,thus we turned our backs on the Romulan Technology:)

Thanks for noticing spelling mistake.

Spelling altered and i will upload the corrected file in the future.(short visit tonight)

Dr

In the FAQ that comes with Core 0.9 an obsolete link is listed:

#####################
#Updates and feedback:
######################

Q. Where can I find updates for this mod?
A. At the official website http://hoi.coremod.org

In the FAQ that comes with Core 0.9 an obsolete link is listed:
Ahh yes thats the old CORE website,killed by hacker years ago:(

I have had a look i cannot find the source of my information on the claims being removed in China to stop huge AI militia builds,so i think maybe i read about it in this sub forum somewhere.If i ever find it again i will post a link .

Dr

text.csv

In the text.csv (after installing Core 0.90 and the 0.91 pack) I found several "Kreigsmarine" (instead of the german word Kriegsmarine) after I noticed the typo in the event that started building of the Tirpitz:

CEVTDESC_272044;Begining in 1940, as the German U-Boats began to put a stranglehold on British shipping, some in the Royal Navy and government believed that by gaining the use of the former Treaty Ports in Ireland, they could break the Kreiiegsmarine in short order. Churchill authorized contact be made with Dublin in regards to the ports at Cobh, Bantry Bay, and Lough Swilly. The British cabinet held several options open regarding the ports, including taking them by force. This was dubbed 'Plan W' by the Ministry of Defense, and envisioned quickly seizing Dublin and forcing a favorable response.;;;;;;;;;;X

Same here:
CEVTDESC_172291;The face of naval warfare has changed. Surface warships are unable to survive in an area where land based aircraft are present without air cover. The construction of an aircraft carrier would give the Kreigsmarine the air cover that is needed to operate in areas where enemy aircraft are active. This carrier will be built to our most advanced carrier design.;;;;;;;;;;X

and here:
CEVTDESC_172282;As a result of the naval limitation treaty that we signed with Great Britain, the Reichstag approved funding for the construction of two new battleships. Blohm and Voss laid down the keel of the first battleship in July. Kreigsmarine Werft yard is ready to lay the keel of the second battleship. This battleship will be built to our most modern battleship design.;;;;;;;;;;X

and again:
CEVTDESC_172082;As Soviet forces pressed their advance in East Prussia, millions of German refugees were cut off. Admiral Donitz ordered the evacuation of Kreigsmarine servicemen and civilians from Gotenhafen using the great ship Wilhelm Gustloff. Only twenty miles off-shore the ship was torpedoed by the Soviet submarine S.13 and sank in icy waters. The death toll was six times higher than the Titanic disaster.;;;;;;;;;;X

That is so often that I wonder if "Kreigsmarine" is a real word in english...

Cool Thanks CD,i am not definite, but i think BM has already German spell checked the text.csv ?.
He posted it with your "Invisible" spelling correction in a thread at stony.
(It is in the small queue of things i am yet to post in the main fixitpack downloads thread.)

:doc:

Country description

In text.csv the description of Venezuela suddenly mentions Columbia. Shouldn´t that be Venezuela that founds it´s economy on Oil?

VEN_DESC;After 1830, a number of civil wars between conservatives and liberals rocked the country. In 1864, this period came to an end with the federalization of the country and the proclamation of the Estados Unidos de Venezuela (United States of Venezuela). Only the dictatorship of General Antonio Guzm n Blancos (1870 - 1887) consolidated the situation. After a few civilian presidents new military dictatorships followed. General Cipriano Castro (1899 - 1908) undertook assaults on foreign economic interests in his country, eventually leading to the blocking of Venezuelan ports by German, British, and Italian ships. In 1904, the U.S.A. mediated a settlement of the conflict. Economically the abolishment of slavery in 1854, led to a decrease in agricultural production. The breakthrough that made Venezuela one of Latin America's leading economic powers was made however when at the end of 19th century petroleum deposits were discovered allowing the industrialization of the agricultural state. Under General Juan Vicente G¢mez (1908 - 1929 and 1931 - 1935) oil production became the economic foundation of Colombia (aided by foreign capital). The country, having remained neutral during World War One, was able to reduce the state's debts and to stabilize the currency.;;;;;;;;;;X

Last edited:
Cool thanks CD & BM ,i have made all these speeling changes and added them to the previous ones mentioned and added, i will upload them as the current text.csv base for the next ones soon.

Dr

Tech description

In my current game I browsed through technology to research and wanted to compare if Anti-Naval or Anti-Commerce techtree was better for me with all it´s follow-on techs. In the last Anti-Commerce tech "Deck gun removal" I got no description, only "CTECD_5708" displayed in game.

In the file text.csv however a complete description under CTECD_5708 can be found.

Does perhaps somewhere a "," miss so that instead of the techdescription the tech-id is displayed?

In my current game I browsed through technology to research and wanted to compare if Anti-Naval or Anti-Commerce techtree was better for me with all it´s follow-on techs. In the last Anti-Commerce tech "Deck gun removal" I got no description, only "CTECD_5708" displayed in game.

In the file text.csv however a complete description under CTECD_5708 can be found.

Does perhaps somewhere a "," miss so that instead of the techdescription the tech-id is displayed?

Has been corrected in Dr. Rare´s fix for text.csv here:
http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/showpost.php?p=157802&postcount=256

Has been corrected in Dr. Rare´s fix for text.csv here:
http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/showpost.php?p=157802&postcount=256

Has it?
I added all the others and the Venuzuala one above ,but my post at stony was on the 17/5/09 and was before your post here about CTECD_5708 on the 22/5/09?So i am not sure if that one tweak has been added, All the mentioned are ?

I had a look unfortunately i cannot locate/find Deck Gun removal in my game when i checked just could not see it So many techs to look at and click on,but its there in the text file and looks ok??

Can you confirm if its in my current text you linked to and if its working?Maybe i fixed it at some earlier stage if so?

Dr:confused:

Has it?
I added all the others and the Venuzuala one above ,but my post at stony was on the 17/5/09 and was before your post here about CTECD_5708 on the 22/5/09?So i am not sure if that one tweak has been added, All the mentioned are ?

I had a look unfortunately i cannot locate/find Deck Gun removal in my game when i checked just could not see it So many techs to look at and click on,but its there in the text file and looks ok??

Can you confirm if its in my current text you linked to and if its working?Maybe i fixed it at some earlier stage if so?

Dr:confused:

Well I did download a new text.csv from Stonyroad *somewhere* and the Deck Gun Removal bug has been fixed. Might have been that post instead by BM?
http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/showpost.php?p=157920&postcount=442

You find the Deck Gun removal if you select the Naval techs and then follow the Anti-Commerce-Submarine techs.

New Hoi1 CORE text.csv v.2.

Well I did download a new text.csv from Stonyroad *somewhere* and the Deck Gun Removal bug has been fixed. Might have been that post instead by BM?
http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/showpost.php?p=157920&postcount=442

You find the Deck Gun removal if you select the Naval techs and then follow the Anti-Commerce-Submarine techs.

OK Cool i have now applied the CTECD_5708 tweak to my previous posted text.csv which included all the other tweaks needed added by you and BM:cool: .

The latest version is now added to the main project Downloads Thread....

New Hoi1 CORE text.csv v.2.
http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/showpost.php?p=149598&postcount=6

Dr

Another typo

When researching new ammunition for my tanks I stumbled across the "Panzergranat 39" and "Panzergranat 40".

The text.csv should be corrected in all forms of Panzergranat to Panzergranate