• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
HlyRomanEmperor said:
when i transferd my game as Byzantium it came out as greece is there any patch to fix this besides the one with the link that does not work?

much thanks
If all else fails you can create your own nation (Byzantium) then tell the converter to convert Byzantium to Byzantium. There are several threads on how to do this. But you would rename uXX;User Defined into uXX;Byzantium.

Then use party creator, make a few cheesy flags or download them. Edit the data.txt for the EU2Vic so Where it says:

BYZ = GRE

it says

BYZ = uXX

Then add little tag (like those on the bottom) for Byzantium, most likely you can copy/paste the GRE one and change the GRE's to uXX.

I know that was short, but it was just a basic run-down...

-Mr.C

Mr. Capiatlist said:
If all else fails you can create your own nation (Byzantium) then tell the converter to convert Byzantium to Byzantium. There are several threads on how to do this. But you would rename uXX;User Defined into uXX;Byzantium.

Then use party creator, make a few cheesy flags or download them. Edit the data.txt for the EU2Vic so Where it says:

BYZ = GRE

it says

BYZ = uXX

Then add little tag (like those on the bottom) for Byzantium, most likely you can copy/paste the GRE one and change the GRE's to uXX.

I know that was short, but it was just a basic run-down...

-Mr.C

that was very helpful do you know any threads off hand?

thank you so much for your help

FYI, Byzantium IS Greece. The word Byzantium is made up and greece is a more proper word.

The west, at the time of that countries existance, called them the Greek Empire. So if they existed until this day they would be known as Greece or the Greek Empire.

Kanaric said:
FYI, Byzantium IS Greece. The word Byzantium is made up and greece is a more proper word.

The west, at the time of that countries existance, called them the Greek Empire. So if they existed until this day they would be known as Greece or the Greek Empire.
Talk about necromancing... but some of us (me) prefer a seperate Byzantine nation, just like the seperate Greeces in EUII, it is all about player preference.

Labyr said:
I'm having this problem as well. Has anyone fixed this type of problem before?

I think you just forgot to create a party file. I'm not sure which threads you looked at for creating a country, but the guide at the Vickypedia is here. Even though he forgets some things and adds some things you don't need to worry about if you're transferring a game, it worked fine for me.

roman3wv.jpg

I feel kinda stupid having worked on this only to find out the post is from last year though :D...

j.

Talk about necromancing... but some of us (me) prefer a seperate Byzantine nation, just like the seperate Greeces in EUII, it is all about player preference.

You know the word Byzantine is made up though right? It is not at all based in reality so your trying to have fun playing a separate "byzantine" nation should instead be a separate "roman" nation, even their is would be more correct.

Llywelyn, judging from his SS, has the right idea. Dont call them Byzantine, its a fake made up insult and if they existed in reality at this point they would of NEVER been called that.

If you want to call it Byzantine you might as well call it Mordor or the Vulcans, its equally made up. Call them what they were really called. At least call them the Roman Empire if you dont want the greek empire, that is what they refered to themselves afterall so you should use it if you like them.

edit: actually since its ment to be an insult its the equivellent of calling them the idiots, i was going to use something rascial but i changed my mind due to the tos.

Last edited:
Kanaric said:

Absolutely not, my friend. Yes, Byzantium is a modern invention, and I share your hostility to it; but it was the Roman Empire, not "Greece"; the only Greek thing about it was language, all important to modern European nationalisms and national identities, but not really a major factor in the medieval political identity of the Roman Empire (not, at least, until after the 4th Crusade); an equivalent of the "Rome is Greece" assertion would be saying Rus means Belarus, or Bernicia is England, in that the modern area of Greece (excepting, perhaps, Macedonia) was a relatively backward and peripheral part of the Thraco-Anatolian medieval Roman state; if it has any political successor, it is Turkey, not Greece.

Last edited:
Calgacus is right they never refered to themselves as the "Greek Empire" they were very much the Eastern Roman Empire and if you asked them they would say they were Roman.