• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
He already used that. The problem is that there are gaping holes in the Vic-to-HOI 1/2 current version. Prominent ones are the inability to deal with uncolonized provinces and non-conversion of IC (All nations start with 5 in their capital no matter how powerful they were before). Not that I'm complaining, without the converter all hope would be lost of conversion. However, it does require extensive modding afterwards to make it properly playable.

Ramming speed!

Atruejedi said:
I find this to be a very ignorant question. Not everyone in the world has enough money to purchase computer games, unfortunately...

Nonetheless, I look forward to this one! :)
I have tons of cash. I use $5 bills to wipe my butt when I use the bath room and burn 20's for fuel during the winter. ;) The game isn't sold around here in great numbers. Victoria wasn't sold around here at all.

I am about 3/5 done with Byzantium's armies, then their navy, and their airforce.

To keep some motion in the AAR her are some of the happenings in the 20's tech wise.

Airforces are limited to WWI doctrines, they never became popular as military tools. Mostly because only one nation could afford to use them and that was Byzantium. My theory is that the only reason Byzantine bomb techs are up is because of imporvements with passenger aircraft. Fighter aircraft are very limited, maybe a squad or two within a region. Bomber are unpopular for ethical reasons.

Byzantium is the only nation with a major navy. Poland has a good-sized navy for its size, but it is limited to the Baltic Sea. Ireland too has a good-size navy but it is mostly for coastal operations. Japan's navy, though numorus, is relatively low-tech and has more in common with the USS Maine then the USS Arizona (for comparison).

Most nations won't start off with an army, these are the single prov nations and native american nations not including Peru and Mexico.

The Commonwealth is the strongest alliance. Poland's alliance is militarially stronger than Peru's, but Peru's is stronger economically.

If there is a converter between Vic and HoI 1, please link me to it, I'd get it in a moment. As long as it will convert all these damned armies!

Well, you have about three hours left to order HOI2 for 15 dollars online here, and there's a Vic-to-HOI2 converter prominently displayed in the HOI2 Scenarios forum ... Not sure if that would be efficient, though. I'm not sure if anyone's made a Vic-to-HOI converter.

No there does not exist a vic-to-hoi converter

There's gratitude for ya. ;)

Thanks for the status update Mr. Cap.

Im still looking forward to it

Mr. Capiatlist said:
I have tons of cash. I use $5 bills to wipe my butt when I use the bath room and burn 20's for fuel during the winter. ;)

It seems that Mr. Capiatlist hasn´t understood that the year isn´t 1923, and he isn´t liveing in Germany.

Pacer said:
What no pics
What? No update?
Haha!

I thank you all for your continuing support of this AAR, I'm trying my best to keep working on the mod, but the editor only allows me to work for maybe five or six minutes before freezing. I still expect to finish before November, though. I refuse to admit defeat! I shall never surrender to the temptation of finishing my Warhammer 40k army, and I must try harder to resist starting new EuII and R:TW games....! :wacko:

Mr. Capiatlist said:
What? No update?
Haha!

I thank you all for your continuing support of this AAR, I'm trying my best to keep working on the mod, but the editor only allows me to work for maybe five or six minutes before freezing. I still expect to finish before November, though. I refuse to admit defeat! I shall never surrender to the temptation of finishing my Warhammer 40k army, and I must try harder to resist starting new EuII and R:TW games....! :wacko:

Heh, if you get this done quickly enough, I might be able to tell the story of the final tragic fall of the Roman Empire, as it goes the way of the Ottoman Empire ( Only 20 years later. ^_^ ) Uh...woops, damn. Nobody read that! Spoilers!

Mr. Capiatlist said:
What? No update?
Haha!

And don't even THINK about getting RTW:BI. I want to see this game come to its glorious conclusion!

I continue to thank you guys for your support. The modding is on schedual, Byzantium's land armies (probably about 40% of all armies (including air and sea)) have been finished. The armies of Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Germany and Norway have all been finished. The only major countries left are Russia, Poland, Peru, Mexico, Japan and China. Then it is on to navies (btw, Grey beats AF 27-24!) and then airforces (Haha! AF, you suck!). I still expect full-heartedly to meet the proposed Nov 1. dead line. Leaving 19 days until Byzantium lives again.... I hope.... I think I'll devote all of Saturday to this project and be done with it. :cool:

So very close! :eek:o :D :cool: :rolleyes:

Keep it going strong, I eagerly await to see the final conclusion of your excellent AAR. :D

Okay, with the current rate of modding (the editor is actually working pretty good) I shoudl actually finish within this or next week (give the current rate continues). But (the big but), I do ask that no one posts here until I say its okay. Though I'd hate to, I'll have the mods clean this thread up if it gets bad. So please, while I love hearing the support, keep my thread clean until I decide to trash it ;) :cool: . Hopefully I can finish it tonight, and then you won't have to wait!

- Mr.C

Edit: Go ahead and post again.... for I am FINISHED! (With the editing that is!)

Last edited:
Return to motion!

(Jan 1, 1936 - Dec 31, 1936)

Hello, hello.

Yes, the Mega-Campaign is up and running again, 17 days ahead of schedual! Thanks to some commitment, I was able to finish this mod in only five hours, not including the other five hours previously put in (That's 11 for those of you who are bad at math ;) ). Now, Good night and good luck!

January 1st, 1936 was no special day to the Byzantines. It was a day to nurse hang-overs from the New year's parties they were probably just returning from. The economy in their country was strong, bolstered up by the tribute paid by the surrounding nation and the members of the commonwealth. Every man had a automobile to drive to work, and every woman had a telephone in the house. In seven days it would be Christmas, and the entire nation would be drunk again... except the muslim and pagan populations that existed throughout the Empire.

Byzantium's neighbor to the north, Poland was not in such a great condition. Bread lines were close to a mile long, and soup lines even longer. The soviet government that had set itself up in Warsaw was draining the country's economy away along with the economies of its two puppets, Lithuania and Latvia. The meager Polish army, with its ranks bolstered with conscripts and civilian militias, was a rag-taged group who in theory, posed no threat to Byzantium.

Byzantium's ally in the east, Japan, was also preparing to honor the January 8th celebration of Christmas. Having been converted in the 1600's, Japan was devoutly Orthodox, like most of the christian nations out there. They, along with Byzantium, had sent troops to fight with Korea in gaining independence from China. The war, which was reaching its 30th year, had taken the lives of many men from all around the world.

An increasingly fascist China began to scare other asiatic nations, several of which were communist. The illegalization of orthodoxy (in a nation that was 67% orthodox) was the cause of the Korean revolution. Korea was the first region converted by Byzantine monks, and was very close to the Empire. When China went back to paganism, the Koreans tried to become their own nations, hoping for Byzantine full involvment. Instead they got 20,000 soldiers and in 1927, 500 tanks; all commanded by Germans.

Liberia, other-wise known as the Empire of Benin, was gaining strength in western africa. Between 1400 and 1700, Benin had fought several wars with Orthodox Mali, and to great sucsess. The nation retained a strictly pagan culture, but slowly, modern life was creeping into the back-water nation. Their main source of income was the slave trade, something that still flurished in nations like China and on the plantations of Byzo-Brazil.

So, as the people of Byzantium when though this day with head-aches and worry of un-wanted pregenancies, one man was recovering from a particularly back hang-over. That man was Wilhelm III Dukas, the Emperor of Byzantium and Patriarch of the Orthodox faith. He slept until noon, hoping that by then he could balance himself enough to walk over to his desk and start signing Imperial orders, instead he felt dangerously ill. He called for a maid to bring him a pail just as he started to feel the affects of last nights alcohol. Next to him was his wife, Isabel von Barcelona. She, too, was hung over, but unlike Wilhelm was able to remain asleep. When the maid arrived she was not alone, Wilhelm's twin sons, Otto II (and heir apparent) and Karl XI followed her asking him what the royal party was like (they had stayed with their Uncle, Prince of Bulgaria); behind them was Erwin Rommel, commander of the Krimean Iron Guard and and head of the Polish division of the National Intelligence Agency. Wilhelm got up slowly, walked over to his desk (with the help of Rommel) and had a glace of coffee. He had the boys shooed out and ROmmel waited for the door to close behind the maid before beginning.

"Morning, sir. Quiet a party you had last night."

"Yes, quiet. But, I have a feeling in my gut that you are not here to inquire about last night's festivities. What do you need?"

"Sir, the intelligence my people have gathered points to a Polish build up on our borders. I am asking for you to respond with our own build up."

ScreenSave24.jpg

(Why can't we be friends?)

ScreenSave4.jpg

(Now I remember!)

"I'm guessing you want it all under your command?"

"Actually, I was thinking of von Kluge, commander of the Darcienarmee."

"I was thinking the same thing. Yes, please. Orchestrate the build up and tell von Kluge of the plan, and if you would; please open a diplomatic meeting with those damned Magyars*."

"Yes sir, right away!"

Long story short, the was a massive build up between the Poles and the Byzantines, but through Rommel's diplomatic work (and blantant threats of invasion) forced the Polish government to seced Bohemia and southern Poland to Byzantium, thus giving Byzantium access to the rich coal depots of the region. Even so, a fierce build-up continued.

ScreenSave12.jpg

(Byzantium 1: Poland 0)

As the months ticked by, very little changed in Byzantium, several more armoured divisions were created for the impending was with Poland, along with more soldiers. But else where in the world there was much going on:

- The communist government of the Chagatai Khanate was quietly replaced by Byzantine operatives
- Korea, after 30 years of constant war, surrendered to China. Over 13,000 Germans had died in the war. Many Korean refugies fled to safety in Japan.
- Japan declared war on China in order to take revenge on the annexation of Korea
- Lithuania seceeded about 50% of its land mass to Poland
- Several small nations, including the Orthodox Theocracy of Guatamala and Ethiopia were annexed by the Byzantine Empire diplomatically; they all retain limited autonomy.
- The Chinese fleet was entirely sunk after a four-day battle with the Japanese fleet.
- German scientists discover Pluto, run out of things to do other then begin designing a nuclear weapon....
- Sweden elects left, much to the horor of fellow Commonwealth nations. Byzantine marines quickly fix the problem.
- Peru annexes Ecuador, one of its several puppet states.
- Laos realizes that it is named after the singular form of "lice."
- Poland annexes Germany, who, a week before, had joined the Commonwealth. Many Byzantine citizens and other Commonwealth nation demand the invasion of Poland to free the Swedish population that made up the small baltic nation.
- In the Amerika (part of Byzantium), people are scared sense-less when someone reads a passage from a scary book, assume the Mexicans are invading. Then they realize they are 2000 miles from Mexico, and Mexico is a poor, communist back-water... and go back to daily tasks.

And that ends this year! On to '48!!

*Poland was ruled by Hungarians during most of CK and converted so, Bohemia (which was annexed to Poland during EUII) was ruled by Poles and also converted. Polish people lived mainly in Gotland and western Poland. Norhtern Poland is actually Swedish, like Germany.
+ Also, I didn't finish the flags and shields, but I doubt this matters as much as finishing the game. If a nation's flag changes half way through the AAR, you now know why.

- Mr.C

Last edited:
It feels good to be playing this game again. I have grown attached to Byzantium since I started this. It is my baby. I am hopefully going to have a full-map picture ready by Sunday, and another update by Saturday. Hopefully.