• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
New version

Well folks, here is version 2.2 of the Byzantine VIP, enjoy and provide feedback. Even little things like i misspelled a word are helpful. Anyways, enjoy the mod.

Changelog (of sorts):
Changed the Byzantine Flag
Added a several new events
Corrected over a dozen errors in my code

Attachments

• Byzantine VIP.exe
    1,9 MB · Views: 255
New version

Ok I lied, here is version 1.6 of the Byzantine Empire for Vanilla Victoria, I found some errors and wanted to update a couple things (change the flag) anyway, enjoy the mod.

hammerfalls said:
Ok I lied, here is version 1.6 of the Byzantine Empire for Vanilla Victoria, I found some errors and wanted to update a couple things (change the flag) anyway, enjoy the mod.

Do you intend to make a version for 1.4?

Yes , I would love to see a 1.4 version of this :)

Hi Guys! I have patched the Byzantinium MOD made by "hammerfalls" so it now works with 1.04 vanilla version of Victoria! If someone wants the patched files, can download them here! See You Soon! :)

Last edited:
hammerfalls said:
Well here is version 1.5, perhaps my final Byzantine Vanilla mod.

I'm certain i'm missing something, but i've read every postin the thread a couple of times and can find no place to download the mod; if someone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.
For bonus points, how about a link to the non-doomsday turtledove mod for HOI2?

no

Last edited:
Will you be making a mod for Revolutions?

Yes. I've made a patch that allow you to use this mod.

You should download this file and install it over the original mod.

Installation istruction:

Victoria -> Patch 1.04 -> Byzantium MOD -> Revolution -> Rev_Patch

Be Careful: This patch changes some names into Italian! If someone wants can translate these files into English. Bye!

hammerfalls said:
Here is the vanilla version of the mod. Same thing as above, just install to your Victoria directory. this mod is made only to be compatible with Victoria 1.3, anything and I cannot predict what will work (well, mine will, others may not). But hey, any other requests give me something to do with my Sunday afternoons. So I would like the hear them.

Enjoy the mod
Where is it? I can't see any links.

hammerfalls said:
So I have finally finished updating the Vanilla version of the Byzantine mod finished and posted, the download is on the first page.
Hey, just tried your mod. Like it for the most part, but there are some bugs-I believe that some of the events do not trigger the proper events they are supposed to. For instance, with the whole Tripoli sequence, I never got the event to create the Sudan. Also, when I invaded and captured st. petersburg and the corresponding Russian "Romanion question", it triggered the French capturing Tunisia event!

I also think some of the event commands are a bit overpowering.

Good work though!

When loading, there are 4 error messages regarding unknown 'which = heavy_cruiser' in political_events, 1914 and two in VIP_NewEngland. However when these are ignored (the other options of retry and abort CTD), then the load continues as normal. However, just as the main screen is supposed to come up, it turns black and the game CTD. Any advice as to why, and more importantly, how to solve the problem?

Having flicked through the other files though, i mist say this looks really good. Please help so i can play it!?

semihippie said:
with the whole Tripoli sequence, I never got the event to create the Sudan. Also, when I invaded and captured st. petersburg and the corresponding Russian "Romanion question", it triggered the French capturing Tunisia event!

I also think some of the event commands are a bit overpowering.

I fixed the Africa Treaty sequence, and I cannot figure out what you mean by the romanian question thing, so can you tell me anything else?

Finally what do you mean by overpowering?

When loading, there are 4 error messages regarding unknown 'which = heavy_cruiser' in political_events, 1914 and two in VIP_NewEngland. However when these are ignored (the other options of retry and abort CTD), then the load continues as normal. However, just as the main screen is supposed to come up, it turns black and the game CTD. Any advice as to why, and more importantly, how to solve the problem?

I havent finished the latest VIP version. Actually I havent started upgrading it. You have to play the vanilla version.

On the subject of the VIP I would appreciate it if anyone can tell me what the latest version on the VIP is.

hammerfalls said:
On the subject of the VIP I would appreciate it if anyone can tell me what the latest version on the VIP is.

VIP just released VIP:R 0.1 for Revolutions today.

Latest version for non-Revolutions Victoria is 0.45

I've been very interested in all three of your Roman/Byzantine mods, but I was wondering if this one was compatible with Revolutions, or if a compatible version will soon be released?