• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Rogueagle said:
I've been very interested in all three of your Roman/Byzantine mods, but I was wondering if this one was compatible with Revolutions, or if a compatible version will soon be released?

I don't own the expansion yet so it will probably be some time coming. I haven't tried it obviously but you can use the mod Thanat0S created.

Nw Leader

Tired of that unknown old man as your country leader when you finish your game as Byzantine Empire? Well, I was. I wanted Byzantium to have its own leader. So I decided to search for a suitable leader for Byzantium. I first tried to convert one of those old painting from the 14th-15th century. Until I found a painting from Jean-Paul Laurens from 1880 "The Byzantine Emperor Honorius II". Although it's an Emperor-child, it is still a good picture for a country leader:

HonoriusforVicky1.jpg

HonoriusforVicky2.jpg

Count this as a piece of contribution from a Byzantine fan to this marvelous mod.

Hey, I'm curious as to what color combinations you used for Byzantium? The files I currently have don't have the U00 etc. tags, I had to add them to get the mod to work, but now they are all black. I don't know anything about color combinations though, so I'd appreciate any help. :)

SeanB said:
Hey, I'm curious as to what color combinations you used for Byzantium? The files I currently have don't have the U00 etc. tags, I had to add them to get the mod to work, but now they are all black. I don't know anything about color combinations though, so I'd appreciate any help. :)

As it turns out I have very little idea of what your talking about, but here are the entries in country.csv I used for the vanilla version of the mod:

U04;DarkGray;EGY;MIN;Brown;Gold;9;29;X
U10;DarkGreen;TUR;MIN;Green;White;3;8;X
U13;DarkBrown;GRE;MIN;Light_Red;Yellow;3;28;X
U19;Red;GRE;MIN;Green;Gold;9;28;X

if your version lacks them you should probably reinstall it.

Alright, I basically just took what Thanat0s had done, and applied it on my own files, so as to create non-Italian versions. Hopefully I didn't miss too much. Well, the mod does run without complaining. I guess that's something.
Also, is the flag supposed to be a white cross on blue ground?

As for "installatation". Use vanilla V:R, install the mod linked on the first post, extract byzmod.exe in the "Victoria/MODS/Byzantine" folder and overwrite.

Attachments

• byzmod.exe
    128,4 KB · Views: 168
Legosim, what i did was making a copy of my default Victoria catalogue, and installed mod into it. If i recall correctly there is some problems with playing vanilla after installing mods (once, i was unable to promote any pops at all).

So the simple way to avoid reinstall is to make a simple copy of the vicky catalogue.

hi guys i have a question, i have Victoria - Revolutions 2.1 + VIP 0.4 and i really want to play the Byzantine mod, but didnt understand the install process, ¿i can play the mod with VIP already installed?, if anyone can post a step by step guide to install it it would be much appreciated, i hope you can help me

I recently downloaded the mod and went through all the installation and when i do to click on the byzantine empire on the countries page it comes up user defined. What did i do wrong ?

So I'm guessing this mod is completely abandoned but in case someone is still reading on this, how do you install it for Victoria Revolutions an be able to have the Syrian events fire? Cause I can't figure out how to do it.

So I'm guessing this mod is completely abandoned but in case someone is still reading on this, how do you install it for Victoria Revolutions an be able to have the Syrian events fire? Cause I can't figure out how to do it.

hi friend, a long time ago hammerfalls finish the mod (i was betatester), i have the file if you want (and Hammersfalls give his permission) i can post it here for you and all who want it

Thanks again. It mostly works, but for some reason Byzantium is named Mexican rebels for some reason. Any ideas on how to fix that?

thats strange, i never notice anything like that, try making a clean install of the game and mod, that should fix it