• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
…sunt. Plural, not singular.
I've actually never learned Latin, all I know I have picked up on random placed and by similarity to other languages I know.:p My wife can't for the life of her understand how I do it. But sunt? Never knew.:D

Sorry for taking so long with the next update, currently it's pretty tough for me to find some time to play (and I spent most of that time on Trails in the Sky SC recently...). I will definitely try to wrap this up before the next expansion is out, but I'm glad to see that you're having fun regardless. :D

Ahh, another AAR by Kagemin. How could I possibly have missed it? Subscribed, naturally.
It is kind of cute in my opinion that even though you're a player of such a high skill, you still make silly mistakes from time to time. Errare humanum est indeed.
As long as you're entertained (and maybe I remember some of these things in later campaigns) I'm fine with it. For the most part these mistakes don't matter too much luckily, Ming is pretty forgiving. Underestimating how bad losing the Mandate of Heaven really is hurt a lot though...

As long as you're entertained (and maybe I remember some of these things in later campaigns) I'm fine with it.
Entertained? I be damned if I am not! These mistakes even add to the credibility. No government is infallible.

Okay, looks like I'm owing you guys a big apology. Long story short, enough unexpected stuff happened that I won't be continuing this campaign. I'm really sorry for that, especially after everything I wrote in the previous posts.

The main reason is that I had even less free time to play recently than I anticipated, and everything just piled on because of that.
I didn't really play any more before the patch, and while I was able to load this campaign under the new patch (finally started up EU4 again this weekend), some of the changes weren't exactly kind to me, especially some of the adjustments to liberty desire really screwed me over. Add in some unlucky ruler deaths resulting in losing the mandate of heaven again and things turned really ugly really fast.
Now I know that it can also be a kind of fun to just watch everything crash and burn, but to be honest it just was more frustrating than fun for me. With what little time I currently I have I'd rather mess around with the new stuff than trying to salvage this.

In the new year I should have enough free time to play more regularly again, and if that turns out to be true I might consider starting something new again (I'd really like to), but for now let me just repeat that I'm sorry to end this AAR like this, and hope to see you again later.

I'm sorry to hear that. But such is life.

Nah, RL always comes first, that's fine. Stay well! I'll be always looking forward to seeing more AARs from you.

Hello Kagemin,

I really liked this AAR at the time and decided to try an Animing as my first game with 1.16. My first try got on very well, except I lost the Mandate of Heaven due to average claim heir, got it back thanks to a Lucky event (just like yours), but then lost it again due to a weak claim heir and my country died. :(

I'll start again, and hope for better luck in the heir department this time. Also, I learned a lot about corruption and states&territories, and I'll manage them better this time.

One question though. When I conquer the 3 animist provinces from Hsweni and Mong Yang, I cannot get all those provinces to have animist rebels. Only the one I put my missionary on with 0 maintenance gets the animist type, the others are Separatists or even Ming Particularists.

Can you tell me a bit more about how you got animist rebels to appear in multiple provinces? I've learned it's vital most of the country gets converted before allowing the rebels to break, because low religious unity will hurt you badly on the corruption front. :)

Hello Kagemin,

I really liked this AAR at the time and decided to try an Animing as my first game with 1.16. My first try got on very well, except I lost the Mandate of Heaven due to average claim heir, got it back thanks to a Lucky event (just like yours), but then lost it again due to a weak claim heir and my country died. :(

I'll start again, and hope for better luck in the heir department this time. Also, I learned a lot about corruption and states&territories, and I'll manage them better this time.

One question though. When I conquer the 3 animist provinces from Hsweni and Mong Yang, I cannot get all those provinces to have animist rebels. Only the one I put my missionary on with 0 maintenance gets the animist type, the others are Separatists or even Ming Particularists.

Can you tell me a bit more about how you got animist rebels to appear in multiple provinces? I've learned it's vital most of the country gets converted before allowing the rebels to break, because low religious unity will hurt you badly on the corruption front. :)
Nice to see that this inspired someone to try something similar, hope you'll be having more success in your next attempt.

As for the religious rebels, I'm not 100% sure since it has been a while already, but if I remember it right I moved the missionary to another province at some point.
I think after the seperatism ticked down a little bit the "normal" unrst from religion was enough that the first province kept the religious rebels even without the active missionary. No guarantees though. :confused:
Sorry that I can't be more helpful with this, as I said, it's been a while.

No worries
Nice to see that this inspired someone to try something similar, hope you'll be having more success in your next attempt.

As for the religious rebels, I'm not 100% sure since it has been a while already, but if I remember it right I moved the missionary to another province at some point.
I think after the seperatism ticked down a little bit the "normal" unrst from religion was enough that the first province kept the religious rebels even without the active missionary. No guarantees though. :confused:
Sorry that I can't be more helpful with this, as I said, it's been a while.
I see, I'll try something similar.

Also, I'll probably wait until the hotfix 1.16.2 so that corruption is now linked to autonomy modified development instead of income, it's probably better for such a run. ;)