• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter 8: Colonial Ventures

Our latest vassal, Sind, still needs a proper welcome, so that's what we're starting this chapter with:
2yywahi.jpg

I figured the Ottomans are far enough away that they won't pose much of a problem, and I should be able to deal with Gujarat relatively quickly.
Also not Jaunpur having almost 50k soldiers is Delhi. And Bahmanis is at about the same level. If their alliance doesn't break any time soon this will be one tough war when I finally (have to) go for it... :oops:

A small army was also sent to the far north again, apparently one of the Kamchatkan tribes was trying to hide from me.
2rfrg3m.jpg

I'm also almost done locking the coastline off, but would have to focus more on the inland soon. That golden hue along Uzbek's border was spreading...

I also kept on colonizing along the American coastline, and once I finsihed coring the provinces I took in the earlier war in central America I got my first colonial nation.
30sanap.jpg

They should be able to grow nice and big relatively quick there, with all the natives still around. :D

And then, for the first time this time, I got a regency council. :(
33jofhu.jpg

Not too long luckily, but still annoying. Especially since my legitimacy took a pretty big hit from that...

At least I got the stability back pretty quickly. :D
120t0t0.jpg

Since I didn't want to wait out the whole 5 years (or bring the fight to the Ottomans), I soon made a comparatively tame peace deal with Gujarat:
no8vb5.jpg

And I even thought of taking a province for myself in a decent location. ;)

What happened was a rare period of peace (lasting almost 3 years), with the only thing of note happening being me starting to annex Japan:
2llhtnp.jpg

My diplo rep was a bit sucky at that time, so hopefully I'll be able to beat the time shown there...:rolleyes:

And soon enough we got a new Emperor, and he even brought a heir along:
4hqmbn.jpg

The heir is pretty meh though, and more importantly, only 7 years younger than our new Emperor. I don't think I'd be too sad if he had an accident some time soon...;)

Anyways, under the new emperor two wars were started almost right away, one against Pasai, and one in the far east.
In America the Salish were first to fall:
24wy6bb.jpg

Pretty close to getting a Californian colonial nation too now. :)

And annyingly enough, in Indonesia Pasai's provinces were worth just over 100% warscore, so we had to settle for this:
2h54cp3.jpg

Oh well, I can always get them later...

Under the new Emperor a new golden age started:
2198nf4.jpg

I'd have preferred it if a more... useful province got improved, but for free it's still nice.

Next we started another war against the remains of Yarkand and Delhi, plus Nogai and Persia. I also finished the administrative ideas:
18bz15.jpg

Guess I can start teching up my admin tech again. :p

Another army was moved to Indochina and completed bringing that region under our control:
2j2eptx.jpg

I'm starting to think that that blue dot of Bengal is gonna stay there until I'm getting Imperialism...:rolleyes:

And for our domestic worries, I got some nice events to bring up my legitimacy up a fair bit, first by 10, and almost right after another 5:
28i44k5.jpg

I think that was the first time I took that over the flat 40 admin power. :)

In our ongoing war I decided to spend a lot of diplo points to get yet another vassal:
5o79sj.jpg

I really should get Influence ideas asap, but with how short I am on diplo points all the time I'm not sure I'll be able to fit it in...:confused:
Also note that I did not get dragged into Nogai's other war, since Persia was fighting on their side in that one.

I didn't really feel like sieging down all of Persia or wait the full five years, so I made peace with Yarkand soon after as well:
1z1ftk8.jpg

And with my troops already in that region I declared on the Timurids right after. They still were pretty much crippled from their own war, so it was over very soon:
29q0289.jpg

Everyone gets a peace. :)

A shot of the religious map:
29zs9p4.jpg

To my profound disappointment Oirat didn't really seem to do any converting at all. Upon closer inspection they picked humanist ideas, useless tolerant savages...:mad:

And as usual our newest vassal gets a welcome:
axbdps.jpg

Would have been easier if I still had a province next to the Uzbeks it would have been easier, but at least I got a CB. And I should be able to get a more useful border province again. If I remember about it...

In the meantime we got our second colonial nation:
5uikb8.jpg

Would take a bit for their provinces to connect and they can become useful, but it's a start.

And then peace was made with the Hordes:
9884qt.jpg

I couldn't take a province from the Golden Horde, and with Muscovy already wrapping all the war around Uzbek I took a province in the north east in the hopes of cutting them off from colonizing any further east.

After this, without even having discovered Europe yet, we finished the first circumnavigation.:eek:
2aj254m.jpg

The flavour text really is meant for Europeans I guess...
It was only the second fleet I sent on the circumnavigation mission, the first had to sacrifice themselves to get rid of the remaining terra incognita. I did cheat a little by sending a second fleet to unite with the first one on the eastern coast of south America, but in the end that wasn't even neccessary (one more attrition tick and all the original ships would have sunk though).

And despite our economic situation still being pretty good, a couple bad events resulted in a few new loans again. Most annoying so far was this one, since I got it several times already:
28u0heg.jpg

But I also had to pay off the nobles, appease the peasants, etc.. :mad:

You can also see me working towards a colonial nation in south America there, even if the Inca proved surprisingly tough for the one army I sent over there.
First we ended our war with Gujarat though:
2usg5fc.jpg

Still didn't find an opening to go against Jaunpur and Bahmanis, and Bahmanis just keeps eating away at V-J. Not quite sure if I should get all my armies together and go for an all out war, or just keep on ignoring them for the time being until I grow even stronger. :confused:

In the peace deal with the Incas I made a bit of a mistake by taking only 3 provinces, which meant I'd need either another war or another colony in that region to get my colonial nation. :(
el2m21.jpg

Still, other than along the eastern and north eastern coast of south America there's not much signs of the Europeans yet, and with all the natives still being around I should be able to get my colonial nations very big pretty fast.

On the continent we are starting to face some tougher opposition now. In India the Jaunpur + Bahmanis would require more ressources than I'm currently willing to invest, to the west we're getting closer and closer to the Ottomans (and Persia is pretty big too, even if I already beat them), and further north is a Muscovy that looks pretty huge from what little I can see so far.
Out of these 3 Muscovy seems to be the most likely target (besides all the smaller wars of opportunity that are almost constantly going on), since they have no strong allies. Unless the Livonian Order and Theodoro somehow turned into powerhouses of course, but I think that's a risk I'll be willing to take...

Rule Mingxico, Mingxico rules the (American) waves.^_^

Aw, Islamic China would have been really cool flavor-wise.

Chapter 9: Kow-Tow

Before I'd worry about a war with Muscovy I still needed to do rearrange my armies a bit. I wanted enough troops on the western front to reliably win that war, but I also wanted a couple other armies continuing the smaller conquests from our day-to-day business. And I had to get a CB on them of course. I did have vision of their capital and a few other provinces already, but nothing neighbouring any of mine.
Since I didn't think of just trying to march a Conquistador into one of their colonized provinces I knew were there, I just waited for the natural discovery of adjacent provinces.

In the meantime I worked on the still untouched island nations of Majaphit and Brunei. I fabricated some claims of them, and planned to take those and then sell them to my vassal in that region.
Brunei was the first, I shipped two armies to the uncolonized provinces just south of their borders and attacked them in a pincer movement.
But more exciting than that war was the arrival of our very first goldfleet from the new world. :)
262a8zl.jpg

I made a very tame peace deal with Brunei soon after. I didn't want to keep the provinces for myself anyways, just something to get my vassal on that island was enough.
5krr0i.jpg

And they had a nice amount of money too. ;)
To my surprise Pagarruyung happily bought the provinces without me having to core or convert them:
21awmqt.jpg

At that point I noticed that I couldn't keep a direct border to holy war Brunei in the next war, if I also wanted my vassal to have a direct border for transferring occupation...:oops:
Mistakes like that really annoy me, even if it's easy to fix again. I wouldn't be able to take them out in one war anyways, and I should be able to get enough claims on them. Still, annoying...

And after that I built a new army and hired some additional mercs, moved several armies to our western borders, and finally declared the war on Muscovy:
2mjzgn.jpg

I still didn't know anything about their vassals, but after I saw how far they already got with colonizing I just had to stop them.
And right after I declared the war I got this event once again:
2e4f8ns.jpg

Just what I needed after investing a lot of money and increasing my army count. I also declared war on Majaphit in the meantime (and some wars in the Americas later on), as I said, I didn't want to stop all other expansion for this war.

I took almost a year of war before we finally met the Muscovites for the first time on the battle, and things were looking better than I feared:
903yvd.jpg

I obviously lost that battle, but I was confident that my soldiers could beat theirs 1:1 now. If I could get a fight on my terms, that is. The terra incognita really was bad for me there. It took months for my armies to advance into new territory, and I either had to risk marching the individual armies into the unknown, or join them and suffer the attrition.
Luckily Muscovy got attacked by Novgorod in the meantime, even if I at that time I had no idea how much of a distraction that would be. But at the least it was enough that I didn't bring any more armies over.

The Oirats got some funny ideas during that war:
fkuxjd.jpg

If they had asked for a province on our border I might even have given it to them, but that was just silly...:rolleyes:

And while the war against Muscovy still dragged on, with their vastly superior and intel giving them chance to deal much more damage than they should have been able to, I at least had some success in other theatres:
14sfkaw.jpg

I'll probably colonize along Americas east-coast for a while and lock out the Europeans as much as possible.

a9xmj7.jpg

That helped a lot as well. I didn't focus enough on the war though, and lost some easy battles to carelessness on my part (plus the vassals bled some warscore as well). I was fine with sitting it out a bit longer though, Muscovy was running out of manpower, and once I could catch their main army it would be pretty much over.

15888c4.jpg

Didn't even know that an event like this existed. I thought syncretism would only be a thing with the next expansion? :confused:

And while I was still playing catch with Muscovy (and still losing...), I got what I wanted from Majaphit:
in7uwl.jpg

And this time I even did it right. :D

A couple more months passed in the war against Muscovy, with nothing but some more lost skirmishes, but about 4 years into the war we reached a turning point:
91bb5f.jpg

It really wasn't my intention, but they went bankrupt. Oh well, I'll take it. :rolleyes:

And half a year later we also got a big spread of discoveries, and got full vision on almost all of Europe and northern Africa:
xbh991.jpg

That Novgorod was bigger than I expected, and they had occupied most of the richer Muscovite provinces (where also most of their forts were located, so tough luck getting some good warscore...).

Poland and Lithuania were not in a union, that would make future expansion westwards much easier.
281u1jt.jpg

They were even fighting each other. That Austria was looking problematic though, maybe a temporary alliance with either them or the Ottomans to defeat the other one might be useful later on.

2zxpfuh.jpg

Nothing absolutely crazy going on imo, but still some pretty odd things here and there.

Anyways, the war against Muscovy was slowly turning, at least in terms of warscore. It was decided in actual progress, but Novgorod having occupied all the rich provinces and forts meant I'd have to wait for them to peace out and then siege these forts myself.
So I got some more easier conquests in other parts of the world. :D
mt442a.jpg

Finally cleared out Pasai:
ebc86a.jpg

And Yarkand as well:
1672ek1.jpg

Finally got that 5th province in the Peru region, and also made sure that the Incans wouldn't be able to put up as much of a resistance the next time:
k3txr6.jpg

I spent some of my precious diplo points and got myself yet another vassal:
14xouag.jpg

I've gotta admit that one of the main reasons for this was to get the Kow-Tow achievment already, but they're in a good position as well and got a bunch of cores around.

And then it was finally time for a peace deal with Muscovy:
nqsq4h.jpg

I guess that puts an end to anyone else colonizing Siberia. :) Cost me some 400 admin points to core all this stuff, but for this amount of provinces it's fine I'd say.

Next up were the Uzbeks:
hx9n5s.jpg

They are one war away from total annexation too now. I'm considering selling the Oirats one of the provinces to their north and go for some cheap overseas coring in Europe, but I'm not yet decided.

Current religious map, with Europe looking surprisingly historical when it comes to the spread of Protestantism:
23k6xox.jpg

And as a finisher for this chapter, we finally got our colonial nation in Peru:
mtaygw.jpg

Even if I couldn't think of a name for it...:oops:

All in all this war against Muscovy was pretty costly, both in terms of manpower and money. Luckily the manpower pool is big enough already that it recovers pretty quickly, but the economy is looking rather poorly again. Then again I didn't get rid of most of the mercs I hired before and during the war against Muscovy, and didn't check my trade-setup for a while, so it's probably rather easy to fix.
I'd say in the end this war was a big success, despite me only commiting half-heartedly to it and not paying enough attention at times. When I plan to get ready for a war with one of the military powerhouses in Europe I'll have to do better of course, but I think were still a couple decades away from that (scuffles in America against the colonizers not counted).

Anyways, we're up to my current progress in this campaign, so updates will probably be a bit slower again after this much-longer-than-planned session I had last weekend. Don't think I'll be able to fit in as much this weekend, especially since I'll have to work on saturday...:(

Perhaps the colonial nation could be called Mingchu Picchu? The landmark is in that area I think.

Perhaps the colonial nation could be called Mingchu Picchu? The landmark is in that area I think.

It's definitely better than Mingca. Either way, I think he should be able to change the colonial nation's name to something punnier if he so desires.

It's definitely better than Mingca. Either way, I think he should be able to change the colonial nation's name to something punnier if he so desires.
Yeah, subject interactions luckily allows for that now. I really like Mingca, but it'd feel odd to me while the Incans are still around. So I think I'll be going with Mingchu Picchu for now. :D

Chapter 10: Troubles ahead

So, at the end of the last chapter I was writing how the economy was looking somewhat poorly. Continuing to play after a one wekk break, the first thing I realized was that this was a massive understatement:
swsqja.jpg

That's... really bad. :eek:
The inflation is one thing, since I prefer spending my admin points on other things and try to have a Master of the Mint all the time instead. But the huge drop really had me freaked out for a while, even after I deleted a bunch of mercs and tried to rearrange my trade.
Only later did I think of looking through all the modifiers active and realized that the event about the volcanic eruption in southern America was at fault. Turns out a big reduction in production, combined with a 50% autonomy floor, means that there's little to no production at all remaining, which in turn means that my provinces also produced very low trade value.
It would cost me a few more loans, but it'd be over in a few years, so it wasn't as bad as I feared at first.

Next up I went for another war against Brunei, I was keeping the bigger part of my armies in the recently conquered Muscovite lands though, awaiting the inevitable uprising.
1zxmc7c.jpg

There we go, once that's dealt with I can plan for some bigger wars again.;)

And then once again we got a new Emperor:
156ehbn.jpg

Or rather, Empress. Took me a while to realize that, since she rose to the throne at full legitimacy. She wasn't great, but she'd have to do, and her heir was looking very strong.

In the peace deal with Brunei I only took the provinces I had a claim on (most of them went to my vassal), not wanting to waste any diplo points:
t7n8k8.jpg

And I even thought of not only taking a province for myself to allow for some holy warring, I even did in a way that allowed me to still transfer occupation of all provinces to my vassal in a future war. :eek:

After that there were some more smaller wars. The Timurids got attacked by Persia and had no allies, so they were an obvious choice:
2rm5k51.jpg

I didn't want to wait for Persia to finish first though, so I didn't take as much as I could have else.

And in India I finished of Gujarat:
2zxp7wy.jpg

And yes, the situation with my vassals was getting bad enough that I resorted to abusing the peace deals and made dead nations renounce all their claims. I don't like doing that, but it was starting to get difficult to keep Japan below 50% liberty desire, and some of the others below 100%.

Shortly after the modifier for the volcanic eruption finally went away, and my economy normalized again:
15543sh.jpg

Time to pay back some loans.

bgo2rm.jpg

That sure helps...:rolleyes:

I was starting to get enough diplo points that another tough decision was to be made. Should I save for the next level in diplo tech to lower the liberty desire of all my vassals, or should I finally finish the Exploration ideas.
5d27m.jpg

I didn't think that the 5% would make such a big difference all in all, and this would allow me to easier and faster get my colonial nations big. Plus it'd make the diplo tech a little cheaper. ;)

2u9lchk.jpg

I took the province in the north for myself cause it already was in the next colonial region, and I hoped to get a CN up and running there too. France got there before me though, and I didn't really mess with them at that point. :(

Speaking of which, I discovered all the major powers of the world yet, and for some reason the game still gives me weak rival choices:
1g11eg.jpg

No idea why this keeps on happening, everyone I can pick is so much weaker than me that I'll lose them soon after (and I'm not getting much PP for it either). :mad:

And while I was mucking around in the new world for a while, a huge war broke out in Europe, when France attacked Great Britain:
rwv484.jpg

Those are some strong alliances. :eek:

Everyone involved left enough troops in the new world for me to not feel too confident about attacking them though. At least not without shipping out a couple more armies over there, which I didn't want to do.
Not too surprisingly the war ended in a white peace after some years...:rolleyes:

wuf7tc.jpg

Mingxico is growing.
2nvw6ee.jpg

It's growing big. :D

The next notable war would be against Persia. They were allied to the Ottomans, so I only fought them as a secondary participant when I attacked Shirvan across the Caspian Sea, but they still put up quite the fight.
Since I was neighbouring western nations in the new world now:
s5fypi.jpg

Yeah, not this game (and especially not this late).:rolleyes:

And then I noticed something that really scared me:
2zh43mf.jpg

That's bad. That's really bad. :eek:
I don't think I should be at peace at all for the time being. If I give them the slightest opening to go for such a strong independence war I'm pretty screwed.

Anyways, the only direction I can go is to keep on pushing forward, I'll need those wars even more now:
21kfhtw.jpg

At least I got some diplo points from an event, I'll need much more than that though.
34iqwj4.jpg

Also funny how you get monarch points for soldiers having been flogged in this event, while another event about flogging soldiers costs you points...:rolleyes:

2d9qn4p.jpg

Extra prestige, yay. I was just letting my army in America run around searching for the seven cities when I didn't need them for a war.

The war against Persia wasn't progressing as well as I hoped, with the armies I commited to it. So I made a seperate white peace with them after a while and just took what I could from Shirvan:
2ak9wn6.jpg

I was planning on taking the last province from Shirvan for myself, but once again forgot that the inland seas only allow to claim across them, but not to core...:rolleyes:
Apparently I also missed that I took an unclaimed province there, really can't afford to use diplo points like that.:oops:

That's another one gone:
216hqa.jpg

Plus some very needed prestige...

And here's where things may start to go very wrong:
f511yo.jpg

I sent for a Medicus, but:
x5xbgj.jpg

Uh oh, hopefully I'll get a new one soon...

Between this and my vassal troubles I decided that I'd need some extra help, so I went for the option of some cheap overseas coring in Europe:
zvq73c.jpg

Not too happy with it, but there you go...:confused:

2m3fbxl.jpg

Uh oh, again. Military points I need the least currently, and only 1 point in both Admin and Diplomacy. And even worse - far worse -, only an average claim. :eek:
Unless I'm getting lucky with some events that may turn out really bad.

I'm hoping to avoid it, but I think an independence war I could handle, even if it would probably involve some loans for mercs. So far spending all the prestige I can get to keep everyone below 100% liberty desire (Japan below 50%), and being at constant war without any breaks is still saving me though. The annexation of Japan will be finished in some 15 years, if I can last that long things should look up again in this regard.
And something I only thought of after that session, I should probably turn some of the vassals into Marches. I doubt I'll be able to annex everyone anyways, so turning for example Nogai and Sind (the vassals furthest to the west) into Marches could help a lot in several ways. Will have to take a close look at that possibility in the next session.

I'm afraid the heir having only an average claim is a much more serious problem though. If the last time is anything to go by, I think with some bad luck this has the chance of sending everything crashing and burning. I can only hope for some good luck and events there...

Chapter 11: Balancing Act

Since I couldn't really do anything about the problems I had (took a bit longer in-game till I thought of Marches) I just kept on going on.
Especially in the Americas I pretty much was at war all the time, while back home I was waiting for opportunities to take down the big blocks, or truces to run out.
2cpf52w.jpg

Mingxico is gonna get real big. :)

Since I had pretty much full control over my home trade node Beijing, and almost all the nodes feeding into it, my trade ships were sent to privateer the Goa trade node (since it was the richest of the nodes I could reach at that time).
wqvqfq.jpg

Looks like one of the captains was a bit slow. Compliments to his enthusiasm though...

Working on some colonial nations in eastern America too:
9q8ehi.jpg

Back at home I was almost finished bringing south-east Asia under my control:
vyl01f.jpg

At this point I noticed someone else colonizing some of the islands there:
x2wjky.jpg

Ambitious little Ternate, I think I'll just keep them going for the time being and see how big they can get. :D

Timurids are almost gone now too:
qo9bp3.jpg

Apart from that not too much going on in this part of the world though. I simply didn't have the manpower to go against any of the bigger powers at that point in time (and that's with me going heavy on merc infantry). :(

On the plus side, I got my colonial nations in the east:
1ze9z4w.jpg

I wonder if I'll be able to get one in Canada too. Well, I guess I can always conquer it later...:p

And while my manpower still didn't look too well, when I noticed Jaunpur and Bahmanis no longer being allied I went for it and attacked Jaunpur:
24l68oj.jpg

Some more overseas expansion in the meantime:
2jeeqf7.jpg

Jaunpur was putting up a really tough fight. Their army was almost as big as mine, and they had a lot of manpower I had to burn through. In the end I settled for a smaller peace deal before I'd be taking any serious losses, hopefully I'd be able to bring at least some of my vassals along the next time:
2zrf8ls.jpg

At least I finally got rid of Bengal. ;)

And Mingxico just keeps growing:
mwp6w0.jpg

And growing:
fbhj5w.jpg

Further south I also started another war against the Incans. Spain showed up there and I wanted to take as much as possible for myself there.
Muscovy somehow managed to lose all allies, so once my armies were fully recovered I went for them again:
fep9gn.jpg

Both these wars went smoothly, with the Incans being the first to fall:
1zbtqoj.jpg

I'd have to babysit them for a while, but that's still better than Spain getting that land. :)

Muscovy obviously was still too big to take out in one war, but I'm fairly sure I broke them for good now:
30u6dlu.jpg

Novgorod was looking pretty tough though, and they had some good allies as well. :(

And that's all I'd be doing for Mingxico for the time being:
ifoen8.jpg

Might have them declare war on New Spain soon though, I'd rather build up a fleet before though, to get a chance of a foothold in Iberia if the war escalates.

And that's all of the religious groups now, I think:
2prwf45.jpg

Free stability is always nice. :)

Since I forgot to check their liberty desire a couple times the annexation took a bit longer than it should have, but I finsihed it without an independence war breaking out in the meantime, so I'm not complaining. :D
2h6x8i0.jpg

Not sure which vassal I should annex next, but for now I'm thinking either Lan Na or Arakan.

Around that point I got a notice that I gained the Holy War CB against one of my colonial nations:
358767c.jpg

The traitors not only westernized, they also converted. :mad:

My first foothold in Europe ("Europe"...)
2uh4pwn.jpg

I forgot about that whole region having increased coring cost though, so I later sold it back to Nogai. :rolleyes:

And that's how long it took me to finally start thinking about Marches:
35jksxx.jpg

343tf9y.jpg

I probably didn't choose the most useful ones, but I went for the ones I most likely wouldn't annex before the end of the game anyways. I really screwed up a lot with the whole vassal situation, so I didn't feel bad to put some bad Marches on top of that. :p

w8srx5.jpg

Yeah, that costs a lot of prestige to keep somewhat under control...
During the 10 years I'm waiting for the penalty in diplomatic reputation to go away I'm at least having the chance to catch up a bit in diplo tech, so it should look less bad soon.
qou5uo.jpg

So, all in all not too eventful of a chapter. Not much progress in either India or towards Europe, my Empress is still alive and her heir still only has an average claim, my vassals are still being a pain in the back.
Oh well, it shouldn't be too long until something big happens, I usually don't have the patience to keep going like this for very long. :rolleyes:

What is the good in a march? Can't be annexed and no money, isn't it so?

What is the good in a march? Can't be annexed and no money, isn't it so?
Yepp. On the other hand they get a much stronger military and defense, and a -15% to their liberty.
For some reason I also thought that their military strength is counted individually when it comes to calculating the "relative strength", but apparently I got that one wrong...:oops:
If I had known about marches and vassals both counting together for the relative strength I would have picked other nations probably, to make use of their stronger defense, but that's still something to keep in mind for another campaign.

Oh well, I don't have time to annex all vassals anyways, and I doubt I'd be able to keep them below 50% liberty desire to get their taxes, so I'm not losing much. And if nothing else, the -15% LD helps.

Chapter 12: Progress in India

Turned out that the opportunity for a breakthrough in India arrived sooner than expected, so once I saw Bahmanis being busy in a couple other wars I declared on them:
34j91mq.jpg

They didn't do too much in most of these, but they at least had a lot of troops fighting in Persia:
332uqmw.jpg

In the war against Qara Qoyunlu that has been going on for a while I finally decided on a peace deal as well. With some of their provinces being on the continental border it took a bit to figure out what I want, but in the end I settled for another way into Arabia, and bringing them below 100% warscore cost (I was considering making them a vassal later on).
34ha048.jpg

And all the while I keep on growing my colonial nations of course. ;)
1zq58jq.jpg

Ready to get one in La Plata as well:
2u46n9j.jpg

24lliyc.jpg

That one army is really doing a lot of work over there...

The war against Bahmanis was going to and fro for a while, since I once again wasn't commiting all my armies to it, but once France actually sent some troops to India and kept them busy I could get a decent peace deal there as well:
2j5gpc2.jpg

Silly how much money some of the more isolated natives accrue over the years...o_O
15gblt3.jpg

Not quite as much as Charrua in south America had, but over 1k is still a nice extra.

And since I really couldn't be bothered to focus more on the wars, and couldn't support full mercenary armies, I also went and unlocked Quantity ideas:
qyvo87.jpg

Normally I don't need it if I go for a more blob-oriented game, but the 50% autonomy floor hurts both my manpower and my income badly enough that I went for it.

After taking another look at my vassals I decided that I probably won't be annexing Nogai anytime soon, so I turned them into a march as well:
24qu8ok.jpg

Since they're the subject closest to Europe this one should profit me even besides the reduced Liberty Desire.

Then it was time for the Timurids to finally leave the scene:
k54gue.jpg

And since Jaunpur decided to attack the weakened (but still relatively strong) Bahmanis, I took that as my sign to go for them. I first waited till they were out of manpower of course. :p

j9oi8g.jpg

And by now a fair amount of my vassals and marches is below 50% LD too, so this should be really easy now.
e9gfw0.jpg

What a difference a couple levels in diplo tech do...:rolleyes:

For this war I finally decided to use my average-claim-heir into a general too, I felt that was a good risk to take.
2afzluu.jpg

Luckily my current ruler had zero legitimacy problems, so I could afford to spend some:
29c59x1.jpg

During the war in India I pummeled Jaunpur enough that Bahmanis was making a combat, hopefully they'd grind on for a while longer after I peaced out:
301n3gn.jpg

Bahmanis is still pretty huge, but especially with most of my subject fighting for me again now I'm fairly confident that this was the breakthrough I needed in India, should just be a matter of waiting out the truces now.

And sometimes, just sometimes, my expedition army in the new workd had a good time too:
x5dnas.jpg

At least some of them.;)

My colonial nations in northern America kept on growing nicely, but I'm honestly surprised that there were no colonial wars with any of the Europeans yet.
es974m.jpg

Might have to do something about that soon.

Also note the bit of blue in the bottom center. A native uprising, in an AI-controlled France. :eek:

And since I not only was at peace now, but also got my diplo rep back a bit earlier, it was time to start the next annexation:
x6mlj5.jpg

Spending so many diplo points on this will probably let me fall behind in diplo-tech again, which will in turn bring back the problems with my vassals and marches, but that's something to worry about later. For this campaign I mucked this up so badly already, that I'll just keep on going with it till the end now. :D

So, again no progress in Europe, but at least I got the breakthrough in India now. I guess in my next session I'll see how I'll fare in a war against Novgorod and Poland, doesn't look like I'll be getting a better chance any time soon.

Ahh, another AAR by Kagemin. How could I possibly have missed it? Subscribed, naturally.
It is kind of cute in my opinion that even though you're a player of such a high skill, you still make silly mistakes from time to time. Errare humanum est indeed.

Indian nations delenda est.