• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
jmschaub said:
I looked and I didn't see a Meta Thread on this....

I believe this should be an option as it is in HOI, Vicky. Any thoughts?
Maybe if some event gets in action, but not always. :)

It would be very convenient if we could trade provinces to our vassals or even allies.

jorian said:
Maybe if some event gets in action, but not always. :)

My opinion as well. I think you could be able to do it, but only if you have extremely good relations, a RM, an alliance, good monarch and so on. You should ONLY be able to buy a province which is worthless to another nation. (wrong culture and religion)

You have to be very cautious if this should be reality, it could easily be exploited...

Registered said:
It would be very convenient if we could trade provinces to our vassals or even allies.
As in CK...and this IS realistic, many rulers exchanged lands

Herr Doctor said:
and unrealistic…
How so? If a war has been fought together it is only fair that your allies share in the spoils. Even if it was you that took the province.

It could be a good idea, but it'll make the game too easy, remember the AI is really stupid. Maybe it could work with vassals only.

Paterson said:
It could be a good idea, but it'll make the game too easy, remember the AI is really stupid. Maybe it could work with vassals only.

It was also too easy to change that lot of borders after WW1 for the winning side :rolleyes:

jmschaub said:
A couple of historical examples.... Spain sold Florida to the US. France sold Louisianna Purchase to the US. I'm sure there's alot more than that.

But those aren't in the EU3 timeframe! :)

jmschaub said:
A couple of historical examples.... Spain sold Florida to the US. France sold Louisianna Purchase to the US. I'm sure there's alot more than that.
A lot of really small strips of land in Europe, i think.

DarthMaur said:
A lot of really small strips of land in Europe, i think.
relative small, for Savoy it's huge, also for Navarra, for Germany its small, and for Russia tiny ;)

The few purchases of land in Europe during the era were rare events like the sale of Luxembourg. Even then, Luxembourg didn't like being sold, and it took a night assault to secure the city for Burgundy. It's an uncommon occurrence and I think it should stay that way. Implementing a better peace negotiation system would solve most of the complaints people instead wish to resolve by allowing trading of provinces.

Petrarca said:
The few purchases of land in Europe during the era were rare events like the sale of Luxembourg. Even then, Luxembourg didn't like being sold, and it took a night assault to secure the city for Burgundy. It's an uncommon occurrence and I think it should stay that way. Implementing a better peace negotiation system would solve most of the complaints people instead wish to resolve by allowing trading of provinces.
But it was there, so we should include this option, and the player chooses if using it or not.

Herr Doctor said:
and unrealistic…

Not true exactly...

Richelieu secured for France several fortresses on the Rhine from the Catholic League peacefully and diplomatically in the 1630s.

Furthermore, an option availible in the diplomatic mood should be the ability to request that an ally occupy only certain territories or grant an ally permission to only seize certain enemy territories, ala Pomerania to Sweden was guarrented by Richelieu in I believe 1631.

I think this will be implemented, as it seems the direction paradox has been going with recent games.

It also is very realistic and can be compellingly tied to dynastic prestige and lineage.